Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Live No-Limit Hold’em Cash Discussion of no-limit hold’em live cash games of all stakes.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2021, 09:51 AM   #26
KT ART
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 128
Re: 5/10 This guy has no soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma4703 View Post
If someone is opening 70% on the button, I'm gonna 3bet them until they stop opening way more then they're allowed to (or they're broke)
it's way better to just try and break even because the button makes a lot of money in poker, i think you should just try and lose a little bit less on the blinds than the next guy because even the very best player has lost money on the BB
KT ART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 09:54 AM   #27
ChaosInEquilibrium
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 789
Re: 5/10 This guy has no soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT ART View Post
15%, which is too low, but i'm trapping with some pretty strong hands like 77 to compensate for my low 3bet freq and high fold freq, the computer in my brain would say 18-20 is optimum, if anyone wants to plug in the math go ahead but i like my chances, i have to rely on the math and not losing my bankroll to a strong player at the table isn't in the math
Trying to figure out how to attack this opponent profitably with 3bets. It is important to know how often he is folding to your 3bets. Is he folding much more than half the time when you 3bet?
ChaosInEquilibrium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 11:32 AM   #28
Ranma4703
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: she / her
Posts: 3,010
Re: 5/10 This guy has no soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT ART View Post
it's way better to just try and break even because the button makes a lot of money in poker, i think you should just try and lose a little bit less on the blinds than the next guy because even the very best player has lost money on the BB
I mean, it's way best to try to make the most +EV play possible, regardless of whether that is -0.25 (cause we already put a SB out there), 0 EV, or +0.25 EV.

GTO button opening is 40%, 70% is way too wide, so this player should be massively exploitable. Aggression tends to be very high EV vs too wide ranges
Ranma4703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 08:28 PM   #29
KT ART
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 128
Re: 5/10 This guy has no soul

So, here i am not trying. to brag, i'm just stating a fact.

villain and i are probably the 2 best players in the room.

I am starting to get a lot of people coming up to me saying the exact same thing: I love this game but i keep losing. I can't really coach them because most people think they are going to the casino to double their stacks, I'm going there simply to steal blinds. The game is fundamentally a a fight for the blinds and only a handful of people understand that.

There is no place for these people to go for information. They've offered to pay me but I can't take their money because i can't make them a winner unless they start pre flop

Quote:
Trying to figure out how to attack this opponent profitably with 3bets. It is important to know how often he is folding to your 3bets. Is he folding much more than half the time when you 3bet?
50%

villain and i have adjusted to each others frequencies

attacking from the BB is not a good way to think...we are merely defending our blind here, we will attack people when it's our turn to get the button

this hand is just super interesting. villain is adjusting to me and giving me a 50/50 proposition to 3bet him

there is a lot of interesting math here, my range has adjusted in the following way

fold 34s 45s 56s, 67s is the lowest SC I will play here, it is actually a loser to a loose range and only a winner vs a tight range

i know this is an extremely advanced hand but I am 55 years old and have been a poker player since 16, so my game is extremely advanced and the people who love poker need to catch up a little

computer analysis is probably going to say what i say....this player has adjusted to my tendencies by having a 50/50 fold to 3 bet freq vs my range which means he is continuing with 35% of all possible hand combos, that's why 3betting K4s is better than 3betting 77 as the K blocks a significant portion of his flatting range
KT ART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 08:36 PM   #30
KT ART
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 128
Re: 5/10 This guy has no soul

and notice that villain is not attacking everyones blinds at a 70% clip, he's attacking mine at that rate because he actually knows how i've adjusted, he's ramped up his freq % vs me (even tho i'm good) because he's figured out my strategy, so he is doing some high level GTO stuff, now it's just time to call OTR and get shown QJo, pretty disappointed i didn't see what he had, but he's caught me calling down light before and, well, i was outplayed,, nh
KT ART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 08:36 PM   #31
ChaosInEquilibrium
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 789
Re: 5/10 This guy has no soul

“Best player in game. Other people need to catch up a little”

“3bets K4s but flats QQ”

Confirmed not a serious thread and obvious troll.
ChaosInEquilibrium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 08:42 PM   #32
ChaosInEquilibrium
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 789
Re: 5/10 This guy has no soul

Against a 70% BTN open you should be 3betting like 15-20% from the BB for value. You should never be flatting JJ+ — like zero frequency. The EV of raising with QQ is bigger than the EV of flatting, so you should always be raising with QQ.


I think you need to take a serious look at your preflop hand selection and study some charts. Upswing is a good place to start. Or check out Crush Live Poker or Jonathan Little’s training site. Poker starts at preflop.
ChaosInEquilibrium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 08:45 PM   #33
KT ART
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 128
Re: 5/10 This guy has no soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma4703 View Post
I mean, it's way best to try to make the most +EV play possible, regardless of whether that is -0.25 (cause we already put a SB out there), 0 EV, or +0.25 EV.

GTO button opening is 40%, 70% is way too wide, so this player should be massively exploitable. Aggression tends to be very high EV vs too wide ranges
i think 70% is as wide as he can go, anything more he would be massively exploitable, but this is deep stack and he has a fold button, he's forcing me to 3bet more, if you adjust by 3 betting more you put your stack at risk because he has position and can outplay you. That's how i view it so more toward blind defense than exploiting, i think you should use more defensive words for blind defense than aggressive ones against the best player OOP, but well timed aggression is def a good thing, there are a lot of check raises on this board as well but mostly check raising will never occur til the turn because it's only 25 and if i'm check raising it will be for more money, so small bet call was the only way this was going to go

you say it's massively exploitable, i say it's not because we are over 300 BB deep and variance control is going to be an issue OOP no matter what you have. 300 bb allows the button for a lot of play and 60% button raises could be standard, 70% isn't that far off, its only a T6o J6s off from 60, my instincts say he has added more raise/fold hands for all the hands i folded that are normal blind defenses vs less aggro players

I think my strategy here is actually fine, even tho villain knows it and knows that i know it, we have reached and equilibrium point, and I like my calling range and will simply call next time, and 3bet IP much more often. I will just play turns and rivers better

Last edited by KT ART; 07-31-2021 at 08:53 PM.
KT ART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 08:58 PM   #34
KT ART
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 128
Re: 5/10 This guy has no soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosInEquilibrium View Post
“Best player in game. Other people need to catch up a little”

“3bets K4s but flats QQ”

Confirmed not a serious thread and obvious troll.
stop calling me a liar, you are not the guardian of poker knowledge. why should losing players pay for coaching?
KT ART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 09:05 PM   #35
Ranma4703
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: she / her
Posts: 3,010
Re: 5/10 This guy has no soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT ART View Post
i think 70% is as wide as he can go, anything more he would be massively exploitable, but this is deep stack and he has a fold button, he's forcing me to 3bet more, if you adjust by 3 betting more you put your stack at risk because he has position and can outplay you. That's how i view it so more toward blind defense than exploiting, i think you should use more defensive words for blind defense than aggressive ones against the best player OOP, but well timed aggression is def a good thing, there are a lot of check raises on this board as well but mostly check raising will never occur til the turn because it's only 25 and if i'm check raising it will be for more money, so small bet call was the only way this was going to go

you say it's massively exploitable, i say it's not because we are over 300 BB deep and variance control is going to be an issue OOP no matter what you have. 300 bb allows the button for a lot of play and 60% button raises could be standard, 70% isn't that far off, its only a T6o J6s off from 60, my instincts say he has added more raise/fold hands for all the hands i folded that are normal blind defenses vs less aggro players

I think my strategy here is actually fine, even tho villain knows it and knows that i know it, we have reached and equilibrium point, and I like my calling range and will simply call next time, and 3bet IP much more often. I will just play turns and rivers better
Variance control isn't a thing if you have a proper bankroll.

Yes he has position, but 70% of hands is so many that we can 3bet many hands and still have a large range advantage, and we will be able to force him off a lot of his equity with our range advantage - and if he doesn't fold, then we'll just make a lot of money. A lot of his hands will be very low equity after you 3bet, whereas calling lets them realize more equity.
Ranma4703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 09:23 PM   #36
WereBeer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 9,658
Re: 5/10 This guy has no soul

^ just to add to this, if I can't profitably do a lot of 3betting against a 70% range because they're too good, I'm moving tables unless the game has a massive donator in it.
WereBeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 09:31 PM   #37
KT ART
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 128
Re: 5/10 This guy has no soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma4703 View Post
Variance control isn't a thing if you have a proper bankroll.

Yes he has position, but 70% of hands is so many that we can 3bet many hands and still have a large range advantage, and we will be able to force him off a lot of his equity with our range advantage - and if he doesn't fold, then we'll just make a lot of money. A lot of his hands will be very low equity after you 3bet, whereas calling lets them realize more equity.
There are multiple ways to adjust. You advocate opening your 3bet range, that means you are definitely 3betting suited kings and K4s should be in your 23% range

you think K4s is a light 3bet when i say that hand is super strong as is suited kings all the way up, and i'm also saying adding that only gets us to 15%, and i didn't do the math at all it's just a guess, i don't need the solvers help but other people do so if Quantum would like to post the numbers for my adjusted range please do so

yes, of course a 70% range is exploitable (we suspect), but you can adjust to it in several ways

seems like you want to be more aggressive but imo, that's exactly what villain wants me to do, he's an action player who enjoys high variance, so i give him low variance lines, i slow the game down that he wants to speed up, this is psychological warfare lol, i will play for stacks at my own pace
KT ART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 11:40 PM   #38
OvertlySexual
old hand
 
OvertlySexual's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 1,527
Re: 5/10 This guy has no soul

Dude isn't lying, but is delusional and isn't listening.

You aren't the best player in the room.
OvertlySexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 08:38 AM   #39
snowman
old hand
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: ON THE ROAD AGAIN
Posts: 1,553
Re: 5/10 This guy has no soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by KT ART View Post
So, here i am not trying. to brag, i'm just stating a fact.

villain and i are probably the 2 best players in the room.

I am starting to get a lot of people coming up to me saying the exact same thing: I love this game but i keep losing. I can't really coach them because most people think they are going to the casino to double their stacks, I'm going there simply to steal blinds. The game is fundamentally a a fight for the blinds and only a handful of people understand that.

There is no place for these people to go for information. They've offered to pay me but I can't take their money because i can't make them a winner unless they start pre flop



50%

villain and i have adjusted to each others frequencies

attacking from the BB is not a good way to think...we are merely defending our blind here, we will attack people when it's our turn to get the button

this hand is just super interesting. villain is adjusting to me and giving me a 50/50 proposition to 3bet him

there is a lot of interesting math here, my range has adjusted in the following way

fold 34s 45s 56s, 67s is the lowest SC I will play here, it is actually a loser to a loose range and only a winner vs a tight range

i know this is an extremely advanced hand but I am 55 years old and have been a poker player since 16, so my game is extremely advanced and the people who love poker need to catch up a little

computer analysis is probably going to say what i say....this player has adjusted to my tendencies by having a 50/50 fold to 3 bet freq vs my range which means he is continuing with 35% of all possible hand combos, that's why 3betting K4s is better than 3betting 77 as the K blocks a significant portion of his flatting range

if you know all this
then you know to stop getting in leveling wars when OOP and crush him the other 5 times you have position.

read your posts they stink of EGO and how can I get the better of V from the blinds.

focus more on all the hands you have position on V .

I find it hard to see that every time you are BB every other player folds around to V so he can attack your blind , or does it just feel like every time?
snowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 09:40 AM   #40
KT ART
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 128
Re: 5/10 This guy has no soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma4703 View Post
Variance control isn't a thing if you have a proper bankroll.

Yes he has position, but 70% of hands is so many that we can 3bet many hands and still have a large range advantage, and we will be able to force him off a lot of his equity with our range advantage - and if he doesn't fold, then we'll just make a lot of money. A lot of his hands will be very low equity after you 3bet, whereas calling lets them realize more equity.
I'm open to your suggestions, but i'd love to see the math, opening up your 3bet range to all aces and suited kings along with suited connectors is definitely a good counter strategy

he does fold a lot but he also will 4 bet us a lot, don't forget that, in fact he has a wide 4 bet range and will size it well and give us a lot of tough spots

so lets say he's folding 50% of his opens and 4betting 12% and lets see where the math takes us

I'm very well rolled for this game but variance control is always a thing especially when i'm OOP to the best player in the room. We concede that he is a better player than us and has a reckless image. We also know he plays nosebleed and beats that game too, he only plays 5/10 when the 25/50 doesnt run
KT ART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 08:25 PM   #41
KT ART
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Posts: 128
Re: 5/10 This guy has no soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranma4703 View Post
I mean, it's way best to try to make the most +EV play possible, regardless of whether that is -0.25 (cause we already put a SB out there), 0 EV, or +0.25 EV.

GTO button opening is 40%, 70% is way too wide, so this player should be massively exploitable. Aggression tends to be very high EV vs too wide ranges
I have been raising around 50% of buttons, i mean 40% is the sweet spot but i feel like this deep you get so many more flat calls, that maybe 60% is even better, you simply get people playing like me and not being aggressive with 77, i've been developing this strategy as the games get deeper....it's so deep that variance control is an issue for everyone, so i'm basically opening at least half the time in these games depending on who is on the blind but even so i think the computer may like opening wider at 300bb eff

one of the things that happens in deep stacks is that just calling becomes more attractive, so i don't think 40% is enough

anyway, i think i'm going to shift strategy against villain and play it a little more aggressively and maybe start 3betting much more frequently

thinking i might go Q9o+ K4s+, and ofc 77+ and being more ag with all aces
KT ART is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive