Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Live Low-stakes NL Discussion of up to 3/5 live no-limit, pot-limit and spread-limit Texas Hold'em poker games, situations and strategies.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2020, 01:34 PM   #2751
bwslim69
I'm a Diva, Bruh
 
bwslim69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: TPS reports
Posts: 22,663
Re: Self quarantine: the LLSNL Coronaids thread

The protesting had little to fi with why they are going to play. This isnít hard
bwslim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 01:35 PM   #2752
sixsevenoff
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,425
Re: Self quarantine: the LLSNL Coronaids thread

I appreciate it, but no need to thank me. It's my duty as a lover of liberty!
sixsevenoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 01:37 PM   #2753
sixsevenoff
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,425
Re: Self quarantine: the LLSNL Coronaids thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwslim69
The protesting had little to fi with why they are going to play. This isnít hard
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixsevenoff View Post
I'll take an instructor at U-M's word over yours.

sixsevenoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 07:50 PM   #2754
feel wrath
The Situation
 
feel wrath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: lost on the turn
Posts: 21,209
Re: Self quarantine: the LLSNL Coronaids thread

protesting really does very rarely do anything other than make protestors feel good about 'doing something'. the fact that people have to walk around the streets shouting or whatever is a gesture of impotence...they're physically outside of the places where decisions are made.

the decision to get football going again would be more to do with the decision makers seeing the other conferences playing, realising that this could limit their liability and make the decision to recoup the season's money easier to justify. losing the $$ would be catastrophic to a lot of the colleges.

I'm ok with it anyway and do think some of the lockdowns in some places have gone way too far.
feel wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:31 AM   #2755
DeadMoneyWalking
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DeadMoneyWalking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Avatar Archive
Posts: 29,584
Re: Self quarantine: the LLSNL Coronaids thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by feel wrath View Post
protesting really does very rarely do anything other than make protestors feel good about 'doing something'. the fact that people have to walk around the streets shouting or whatever is a gesture of impotence...they're physically outside of the places where decisions are made.

the decision to get football going again would be more to do with the decision makers seeing the other conferences playing, realising that this could limit their liability and make the decision to recoup the season's money easier to justify. losing the $$ would be catastrophic to a lot of the colleges.

I'm ok with it anyway and do think some of the lockdowns in some places have gone way too far.
The protest was the public outcry against what 14 unaccountable bowties decided without giving a reason. Street marches are one part of the protest, the coaches on social media is another, so was the lawsuit the University of Nebraska players filed against the conference. Notre Dame having the most watched game on opening week stirred the pot for sure.

So you can say any one part of the symphony is not that important, but they all can be heard.
DeadMoneyWalking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:18 AM   #2756
sixsevenoff
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,425
Re: Self quarantine: the LLSNL Coronaids thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMoneyWalking View Post
The protest was the public outcry against what 14 unaccountable bowties decided without giving a reason. Street marches are one part of the protest, the coaches on social media is another, so was the lawsuit the University of Nebraska players filed against the conference. Notre Dame having the most watched game on opening week stirred the pot for sure.

So you can say any one part of the symphony is not that important, but they all can be heard.
This is the GTO Best Response. Good work, DMW, thank you. Let's play some football!!!
sixsevenoff is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online