Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Live Low-stakes NL Discussion of up to 3/5 live no-limit, pot-limit and spread-limit Texas Hold'em poker games, situations and strategies.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-12-2016, 08:01 PM   #12601
johnny_on_the_spot
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
johnny_on_the_spot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: S-Mart
Posts: 7,385
Re: *** Official Winrates, bankrolls, and finances ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobbledygeek View Post
Wow, 3-4 10/10 games?!?!

GyouliveinadifferentpokeruniversethanIdo,I'mjellyG
Currently there are (4) 10/10 NL running, (1) 10/10 PLO and there is a wait list for 10/10, 10/20, and 10/25 NL of 9 people each. It's probably a good night for a 10/10 shot

Just gotta move to Philly bud...
johnny_on_the_spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 08:23 PM   #12602
Bluegrassplayer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Bluegrassplayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: China
Posts: 35,945
Re: *** Official Winrates, bankrolls, and finances ***

But then you'd have to live in Philly
Bluegrassplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 08:25 PM   #12603
suited fours
Pooh-Bah
 
suited fours's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: East Coast USA
Posts: 4,147
Re: *** Official Winrates, bankrolls, and finances ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegrassplayer View Post
But then you'd have to live in Philly
I knew there had to be a catch!
suited fours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 08:28 PM   #12604
Leobzook
adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,059
Re: *** Official Winrates, bankrolls, and finances ***

Here are my results over a 2K hour sample. Posting this because I am starting a new job that will really impact my ability to play poker much and I think spending 2000 hours doing something is an achievement and I wanted a record of it somewhere.

Background: After playing online mainly 6max mid-high stakes 2007-2010 I took a 3 year break from poker. Came into the casino at the end of 2013 to play live for the first time and got destroyed for the first few months as the games were so different to what I was used to. Started keeping records of every session in late January 2014.

All games have an absurd 10% rake upto $10 + a $5 per hour time charge.
But no tipping.

1/2 NL:




Moved up to 3/3NL:


Took a break for 8 months to work on a business venture that did not go well. Came back with only 1500 playing bankroll and extremely rusty. What made things worse is the casino got rid of 1/2NL and it was replaced by 2/3.
Playing so under rolled affected my results for sure as I was playing to scared money a lot of the time. I was lucky not to bust and the stress of playing so underolled especially when you are relying on winnings to build a bankroll/spare income is awful.
I did not have another job at this time so I think I did 1K hours in under 3 months which is also not recommended.

Results 2/3 game:




Results omaha mostly 1/3, again was never properly rolled for this game which affected my play:


overall graph, the flatline in the middle was when I took the long break:


overall stats:


Unfortunately I did not get to test myself more then 60 hours at stakes higher then 3/3 as other things always came up before I could build a big enough bankroll.

I never had worse then a 10 buyin downswing but 2-2500 downswings in the 2/3 game over a period of 3-4 sessions were relatively common.
Leobzook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 08:32 PM   #12605
suited fours
Pooh-Bah
 
suited fours's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: East Coast USA
Posts: 4,147
Re: *** Official Winrates, bankrolls, and finances ***

Nice results! Thanks for posting.
suited fours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 08:35 PM   #12606
Pipedreamer101
journeyman
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 227
Re: *** Official Winrates, bankrolls, and finances ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leobzook View Post
Here are my results over a 2K hour sample. Posting this because I am starting a new job that will really impact my ability to play poker much and I think spending 2000 hours doing something is an achievement and I wanted a record of it somewhere.

Background: After playing online mainly 6max mid-high stakes 2007-2010 I took a 3 year break from poker. Came into the casino at the end of 2013 to play live for the first time and got destroyed for the first few months as the games were so different to what I was used to. Started keeping records of every session in late January 2014.

All games have an absurd 10% rake upto $10 + a $5 per hour time charge.
But no tipping.

1/2 NL:




Moved up to 3/3NL:


Took a break for 8 months to work on a business venture that did not go well. Came back with only 1500 playing bankroll and extremely rusty. What made things worse is the casino got rid of 1/2NL and it was replaced by 2/3.
Playing so under rolled affected my results for sure as I was playing to scared money a lot of the time. I was lucky not to bust and the stress of playing so underolled especially when you are relying on winnings to build a bankroll/spare income is awful.
I did not have another job at this time so I think I did 1K hours in under 3 months which is also not recommended.

Results 2/3 game:




Results omaha mostly 1/3, again was never properly rolled for this game which affected my play:


overall graph, the flatline in the middle was when I took the long break:


overall stats:


Unfortunately I did not get to test myself more then 60 hours at stakes higher then 3/3 as other things always came up before I could build a big enough bankroll.

I never had worse then a 10 buyin downswing but 2-2500 downswings in the 2/3 game over a period of 3-4 sessions were relatively common.

Is this at The Star in Sydney by any chance?
Pipedreamer101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 08:38 PM   #12607
YGOchamp
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,418
Re: *** Official Winrates, bankrolls, and finances ***

$10 rake + $5 an hour for a 1/2 game? What the hell. How do you beat this game
YGOchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 08:44 PM   #12608
suited fours
Pooh-Bah
 
suited fours's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: East Coast USA
Posts: 4,147
Re: *** Official Winrates, bankrolls, and finances ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Parker View Post
Feel like I am reading this:
Mike McDermott was like the model for bad BR management, johnnyBuzz has the funds to shot take.

I was up $6k lifetime at 1-2 when I decided to shot take 2-5. Was pretty nervous. Charles Town was mega soft then and I ran good, so it worked out. No interest in trying 5-10 anytime soon, as I'm not psychologically ready for a downswing at that level, and I think I have tons of room for improvement at 2-5.
suited fours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 04:41 AM   #12609
johnnyBuz
Pooh-Bah
 
johnnyBuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Beast Coast
Posts: 5,884
Re: *** Official Winrates, bankrolls, and finances ***

Well that was the toughest set of games I've ever played in.

4 table must move. Ran like ****, mostly folding. Only two big pairs (KK, QQ) got folded around preflop (probably the only two hands that didn't see a flop all night). Every 3 hands someone was 3!. I 3! twice with AQo and got 4! both times. Got guttered on the river for a $1500 pot. Got super unlucky for the "time rake" draw and had to pay the entire table's rake 3/6 times ($150ish). And through it all I ended up only -$150 for the night over a 5.5 hour session.

Glad I got the experience but I won't be playing 10/10 again anytime soon since the 2/5 games are much much juicier on Tuesdays.
johnnyBuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 04:54 AM   #12610
YGOchamp
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,418
Re: *** Official Winrates, bankrolls, and finances ***

I'm in a similar spot johnny.

Our 5/10 game runs 1-2 times a week, during the only times that the 2/5 game runs as well. For whatever reason I was always opting towards 5/10 but I realized the 2/5 game is much softer and I can play much more comfortably in that game. No reason for me to play regularly in a bigger game until I can drop 3 buy ins and not think twice about it.
YGOchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 05:03 AM   #12611
BlueLagoon32
grinder
 
BlueLagoon32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 527
Re: *** Official Winrates, bankrolls, and finances ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyBuz View Post
Well that was the toughest set of games I've ever played in.

4 table must move. Ran like ****, mostly folding. Only two big pairs (KK, QQ) got folded around preflop (probably the only two hands that didn't see a flop all night). Every 3 hands someone was 3!. I 3! twice with AQo and got 4! both times. Got guttered on the river for a $1500 pot. Got super unlucky for the "time rake" draw and had to pay the entire table's rake 3/6 times ($150ish). And through it all I ended up only -$150 for the night over a 5.5 hour session.
Wtf is time rake?
BlueLagoon32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 08:32 AM   #12612
bmoney
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 380
Re: *** Official Winrates, bankrolls, and finances ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGOchamp View Post
I'm in a similar spot johnny.

Our 5/10 game runs 1-2 times a week, during the only times that the 2/5 game runs as well. For whatever reason I was always opting towards 5/10 but I realized the 2/5 game is much softer and I can play much more comfortably in that game. No reason for me to play regularly in a bigger game until I can drop 3 buy ins and not think twice about it.
one note about dropping by-ins and not think twice about it...for me..it literally has nothing to do with the money...I mean..yes losing 1500-2000 would SUCK...but I feel sick ANYTIME and ANY amount if I am dropping 2-3 buyins...must be my competetive nature...for example...I am not a big internet poker player at ALL....and I bought in 3 times for 25$ (I am a live 2/5 reg) and dropped all three playing .25/.50nl . I felt sick...and pissed.

so the money for me has little to do with it.....its the idea of losing that makes me sick ...does that make any sense? I am thinking it cant be a good thing lol
bmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 09:18 AM   #12613
DeathCabForTootie
Pooh-Bah
 
DeathCabForTootie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: SHR Tunaments
Posts: 5,706
Re: *** Official Winrates, bankrolls, and finances ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLagoon32 View Post
Wtf is time rake?
In bigger games the game is raked per half hour rather than as a percentage of each pot.
DeathCabForTootie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 09:23 AM   #12614
Garick
Oberbiergenießer
 
Garick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Do you even math, bruh?
Posts: 19,079
Re: *** Official Winrates, bankrolls, and finances ***

test
Garick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 09:25 AM   #12615
Garick
Oberbiergenießer
 
Garick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Do you even math, bruh?
Posts: 19,079
Re: *** Official Winrates, bankrolls, and finances ***

Weird as ****! For some reason, my browser is refusing to show me page 127 of this thread. I'll delete this and the test above if/when I can ever get to these posts.
Garick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 09:33 AM   #12616
miamicheats
i finance dead fish
 
miamicheats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: getting reverse bumhunted
Posts: 15,064
Re: *** Official Winrates, bankrolls, and finances ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegrassplayer View Post
But then you'd have to live in Philly

Best mussels I've ever had were in philly
miamicheats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 09:37 AM   #12617
miamicheats
i finance dead fish
 
miamicheats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: getting reverse bumhunted
Posts: 15,064
Re: *** Official Winrates, bankrolls, and finances ***

Time rake- each player prepays the rake for the dealers down

A lot of times the player agree to gamble for it.

One way is each player is designated a card based on their seat a-9

The first card on the first flop pays time for everyone.

It's faster and get one to two more hands per down.

The other, more complicated way is for the first player to win a pit greater than X to pay the time for everyone.

We used to do 500 but it became anglely and harder to track since it doesn't happen as quickly as the first hand in most cases.
miamicheats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 09:40 AM   #12618
johnnyBuz
Pooh-Bah
 
johnnyBuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Beast Coast
Posts: 5,884
Re: *** Official Winrates, bankrolls, and finances ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLagoon32 View Post
Wtf is time rake?
Timed rake is $6 per player per dealer (30 minutes) and they don't rake the pot. For whatever reason, everyone wanted to "draw" for it, meaning if the first card on the flop was a 2, seat 2 would pay that down, if a 7, seat 7 would pay.

Well since I run so unbelievably good, my "number" got picked 3 of the 6 times the table agreed to it, meaning I paid $162 in rake vs. the $18 I would have paid as an even table share. Needless to say, I am not a fan of that rake structure.
johnnyBuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 10:10 AM   #12619
miamicheats
i finance dead fish
 
miamicheats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: getting reverse bumhunted
Posts: 15,064
Re: *** Official Winrates, bankrolls, and finances ***

It saves time and you get more hands per hour (usually)
miamicheats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 10:16 AM   #12620
bip!
Slow Pony
 
bip!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: not on urban dictionary...
Posts: 13,011
*** Official Winrates, bankrolls, and finances ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamicheats View Post
It never saves time and you get more hands per hour

Fyp. Lol at how much of a cluster **** time gimmicks are.

I have yet to see a dealer spend 4 minutes collecting everyone's 6 bucks. I have seen dozens of time games occupy the players trying to resolve it.
bip! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 10:21 AM   #12621
johnnyBuz
Pooh-Bah
 
johnnyBuz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Beast Coast
Posts: 5,884
Re: *** Official Winrates, bankrolls, and finances ***

It really doesn't save any time if you just keep a nominal amount of small denomination chips like anyone with common sense would do.

I didn't wanna be "that (new) guy" that was already getting bullied enough as is so I just went along with it.
johnnyBuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 10:40 AM   #12622
bip!
Slow Pony
 
bip!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: not on urban dictionary...
Posts: 13,011
Re: *** Official Winrates, bankrolls, and finances ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyBuz View Post
It really doesn't save any time if you just keep a nominal amount of small denomination chips like anyone with common sense would do.

I didn't wanna be "that (new) guy" that was already getting bullied enough as is so I just went along with it.

Completely right play to go along with it fwiw.

Everyone feels so proud of their gimmick time games that they think are novel.. they never step back and look at it objectively and realize "jeez this is ****ing stupid"

/rant
bip! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 10:49 AM   #12623
johnny_on_the_spot
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
johnny_on_the_spot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: S-Mart
Posts: 7,385
Re: *** Official Winrates, bankrolls, and finances ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegrassplayer View Post
But then you'd have to live in Philly
Philly has probably the best options for poker in the NE if you are living in/around a major city. Parx and Sugarhouse are both filled with people who spew money liberally. Borgata is a short easy drive and has the best tourney series on the East coast, MDL isn't even that far. There are a few others too but I don't frequent them much so idk much about them. As for the other major cities, there is way less traffic than NYC/DC and the cost of living is much lower, living in/near Boston means dealing with M*******s day in and day out, and if you think Philly area is a bad place to live - go to Baltimore, you'll realize really quick that Philly isn't that bad

All that being said, I've been trying to convince my wife to move to Colorado for years, she won't budge...
johnny_on_the_spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 10:55 AM   #12624
miamicheats
i finance dead fish
 
miamicheats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: getting reverse bumhunted
Posts: 15,064
Re: *** Official Winrates, bankrolls, and finances ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by bip! View Post
Fyp. Lol at how much of a cluster **** time gimmicks are.

I have yet to see a dealer spend 4 minutes collecting everyone's 6 bucks. I have seen dozens of time games occupy the players trying to resolve it.

Come to Maryland

Some dealers are fantastic, others can't figure out number of players X 7 and how to make change
miamicheats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 11:05 AM   #12625
bip!
Slow Pony
 
bip!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: not on urban dictionary...
Posts: 13,011
Re: *** Official Winrates, bankrolls, and finances ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamicheats View Post
Come to Maryland

Some dealers are fantastic, others can't figure out number of players X 7 and how to make change
Been there.. watched the endless debates about "seat 5 is out, someone buy seat 5"... watched nervous new players first impression of a game be someone jolting them with explanations of a time flop... watched the time flop get forgotten at least a couple of times and then a debate about who owes / more bad experiences for rec players.

Pro tip - handle getting the time ready for the dealer. Keep a stack of white. Cover your end of the table, have another experienced/pro handle the other end. We are $6 time and now the entire player pool is conditioned to throw their extra white out to help whoever has only red. The good will gets noticed and favors get returned.
bip! is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online