Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Live Low-stakes NL Discussion of up to 3/5 live no-limit, pot-limit and spread-limit Texas Hold'em poker games, situations and strategies.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2019, 10:39 AM   #342226
Petrucci
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 2,853
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Missed you too captain Skippy, how is life without cards in the air btw? I am pretty sure i read in this thread that you stopped playing for a while now if i aint mixing it up very badly.
Petrucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 10:40 AM   #342227
BigSkip
The Situation
 
BigSkip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Possibly in a pen without MILFs
Posts: 17,835
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrucci View Post
Missed you too captain Skippy, how is life without cards in the air btw? I am pretty sure i read in this thread that you stopped playing for a while now if i aint mixing it up very badly.
Going well. Still play about once/month in a fun game. May get back in the mix someday but probably not.

Had a good hoops season and going to spend the spring going around to different tournaments to watch some of my players play AAU ball.
BigSkip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 10:41 AM   #342228
johnny_on_the_spot
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
johnny_on_the_spot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: S-Mart
Posts: 7,426
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

won almost 300bb yesterday in under 5 hours. best starting hand i saw was TT/AKo. poker is a weird weird game.
johnny_on_the_spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 10:55 AM   #342229
bwslim69
I'm a Diva, Bruh
 
bwslim69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: TPS reports
Posts: 19,749
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_on_the_spot View Post
won almost 300bb yesterday in under 5 hours. best starting hand i saw was TT/AKo. poker is a weird weird game.


So like $30?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bwslim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 10:55 AM   #342230
miamicheats
i finance dead fish
 
miamicheats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: getting reverse bumhunted
Posts: 15,112
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_on_the_spot View Post
won almost 300bb yesterday in under 5 hours. best starting hand i saw was TT/AKo. poker is a weird weird game.


Those are good hands mate


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
miamicheats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 11:07 AM   #342231
Petrucci
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 2,853
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSkip View Post
Going well. Still play about once/month in a fun game. May get back in the mix someday but probably not.

Had a good hoops season and going to spend the spring going around to different tournaments to watch some of my players play AAU ball.
Sounds good. Its all about that individual life balance i suppose, and what we all is working to get right.

I still play quite alot, 3-4 games pr week and making decent amount of money. But ive become better to balance my life, so my identity isnt consisting of only poker. Wich i feel is alot more healthy. For example it have given me alot to realize one of my goals in life is to be the best uncle i can be for my little brothers 2 year old son.To see him running towards me as soon as i enter the door screaming "untle" when i visit them is just something i cant describe with words.
Petrucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 11:11 AM   #342232
Avaritia
Confirmed 2500 hour haver
 
Avaritia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 12,316
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwslim69 View Post
Don't care
fyp


Hai petrucci
Avaritia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 11:15 AM   #342233
Avaritia
Confirmed 2500 hour haver
 
Avaritia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 12,316
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by typesick View Post
Pretty damn legit. Have you met Squid?
Nah. I dont trust people that are nice, friendly, and seem to have life figured out.

Just something off about them, know what I mean?
Avaritia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 11:20 AM   #342234
miamicheats
i finance dead fish
 
miamicheats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: getting reverse bumhunted
Posts: 15,112
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Squid is the one of the coolest, most genuine people I have had the pleasure of meeting.

A few years ago I was having lunch with one of our lawyers and he told me this story about this crazy guy he knew in college and something he did at a party. Immediately I knew it was squid. Small world and somehow after about 5 seconds and only one detail I connected the dots.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
miamicheats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 11:20 AM   #342235
Petrucci
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 2,853
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Hai Ava. Nice work in many threads these days, you are one of those i had in mind when i said there was alot of good poasts in different threads. You and SABR is cleaning it up+ couple of other posters.
Petrucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 12:00 PM   #342236
XtraScratch8
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 717
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_on_the_spot View Post
won almost 300bb yesterday in under 5 hours. best starting hand i saw was TT/AKo. poker is a weird weird game.
Lost over 200bb getting it in good with AA vs. KK, AA vs. A-5s, 55 vs. 5-7 on 3-5-7 board, river 7. Played every hand optimally. Iíll take your session anyday.
XtraScratch8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 02:03 PM   #342237
Donat3llo
Faster Than Ski Patrol
 
Donat3llo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Riding your coattails, bruh!
Posts: 18,795
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Waddup trucci, how goes it?

Question, you upgraded to the Galaxy s10 yet? If so, wadduya think?

Obligatory pics from the mountain
Donat3llo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 02:20 PM   #342238
XtraScratch8
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 717
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Beautiful pics.
XtraScratch8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 05:00 PM   #342239
Petrucci
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 2,853
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Don,i have ordered the s10+ 500gb storage- eagerly awaiting it to arrive. Its selling ridic well, so most dealers needs resupply.

Looks amazing though, i was gonna wait another year but Samsung upped their game alot wtih the s10 so coudnt resist.

Sent fra min SM-G965F via Tapatalk
Petrucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 06:15 PM   #342240
DeadMoneyWalking
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DeadMoneyWalking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Avatar Archive
Posts: 27,989
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Happy Lenten Exempt Can't Binge Guiness Dreading Monday Don't Really Want to Do This; Day.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaritia View Post
Nah. I dont trust people that are nice, friendly, and seem to have life figured out.

Just something off about them, know what I mean?
It's like they're just waiting til they get that signing bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donat3llo View Post
Waddup trucci, how goes it?

Question, you upgraded to the Galaxy s10 yet? If so, wadduya think?

Obligatory pics from the mountain
in the future, there will be a way to color it green for the day.
DeadMoneyWalking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 08:04 PM   #342241
johnny_on_the_spot
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
johnny_on_the_spot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: S-Mart
Posts: 7,426
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by XtraScratch8 View Post
Lost over 200bb getting it in good with AA vs. KK, AA vs. A-5s, 55 vs. 5-7 on 3-5-7 board, river 7. Played every hand optimally. Iíll take your session anyday.


I'm by no means complaining. That's what I mean by poker being a weird game. Some days you get premiums a lot on get crapped on and other days premium starting hands are non existent but you can still win descent money
johnny_on_the_spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 08:08 PM   #342242
Yeodan
adept
 
Yeodan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Belgium
Posts: 1,098
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Is it me or is this forum just FULL of insanely bad advice?
Or am I just way worse at poker than I think I am?
Yeodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 08:13 PM   #342243
de4df1sh
Pooh-Bah
 
de4df1sh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: mobtown
Posts: 5,220
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeodan View Post
Is it me or is this forum just FULL of insanely bad advice?
Or am I just way worse at poker than I think I am?


Give us an example
de4df1sh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 08:23 PM   #342244
Yeodan
adept
 
Yeodan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Belgium
Posts: 1,098
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by de4df1sh View Post
Give us an example
Pretty much any of the top posts which I've replied to will do.


Somehow 5 ppl agreed this is an easy call or raise / shove?
While this looks like a clear fold to me.

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/1...oceed-1738902/


People suggesting to fold or shove turn here:

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/1...unout-1738930/


Everyone agreeing that villain here can only have A without the flush?

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/1...blank-1738908/
Yeodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 08:24 PM   #342245
DeadMoneyWalking
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DeadMoneyWalking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Avatar Archive
Posts: 27,989
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeodan View Post
Is it me or is this forum just FULL of insanely bad advice?
Maybe.

Safeway wants $15 to fill a 64oz growler of Guiness while a 6pk cost $8.50 a few steps away. What am I missing?
DeadMoneyWalking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 08:30 PM   #342246
feel wrath
The Situation
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: lost on the turn
Posts: 18,269
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Yeodan, you want to fold flop when you have a pair and a straight flush draw?
feel wrath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 08:39 PM   #342247
Yeodan
adept
 
Yeodan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Belgium
Posts: 1,098
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by feel wrath View Post
Yeodan, you want to fold flop when you have a pair and a straight flush draw?
The donk obviously has a jack or even two pair, a set or better.
This is just what bad players do (in my experience)

We need to call 50 (a pot sized bet) with only 250 behind and 12 outs, that's what 24% chance or even 48% chance?

Like I said in the post, I'm not sure if these implied odds offer enough to call, but taking a better look at it they just might. Maybe.

Still looks like a clear fold to me.
I'm pretty sure villain already has us beat here.
Hitting the straight may just be a split pot.
So we need to hit our flush here. How much more money can we get into the pot when that 3rd hits the board?

Edit: we are probably winning some money when the straight hits, since it's not as obvious as the flush, but is it enough? I think not, but I could definetely be wrong!
Yeodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 08:41 PM   #342248
Avaritia
Confirmed 2500 hour haver
 
Avaritia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 12,316
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeodan View Post
Is it me or is this forum just FULL of insanely bad advice?
Or am I just way worse at poker than I think I am?
Avaritia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 08:45 PM   #342249
Garick
OberbiergenieŖer
 
Garick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Do you even math, bruh?
Posts: 19,337
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeodan View Post
The donk obviously has a jack or even two pair, a set or better.
This is just what bad players do (in my experience)

We need to call 50 (a pot sized bet) with only 250 behind and 12 outs, that's what 24% chance or even 48% chance?

Like I said in the post, I'm not sure if these implied odds offer enough to call, but taking a better look at it they just might. Maybe.

Still looks like a clear fold to me.
I'm pretty sure villain already has us beat here.
Hitting the straight may just be a split pot.
So we need to hit our flush here. How much more money can we get into the pot when that 3rd hits the board?

Edit: we are probably winning some money when the straight hits, since it's not as obvious as the flush, but is it enough? I think not, but I could definetely be wrong!
I got 999 posts, but semi-bluffing ain't one.
Garick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 08:46 PM   #342250
XtraScratch8
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 717
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny_on_the_spot View Post
I'm by no means complaining. That's what I mean by poker being a weird game. Some days you get premiums a lot on get crapped on and other days premium starting hands are non existent but you can still win descent money
Yeah, I hear ya. I also made an iso raise with JJ on a short stack that had $160 and a maniac called as well. Board A-9-8. They had A-9o and 9-8s.
The kind of session that youíre describing are some of the best days imo.
I donít mean to complain either. It is just a really sick and ridiculous game.
Iím playing again tomorrow and if it doesnít go well itís time for a month or two off to reset mindset. Itís really bad for your game when youíre expecting the 2 outer to hit and it does. It also isnít remotely fun.
XtraScratch8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online