Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Live Low-stakes NL Discussion of up to 3/5 live no-limit, pot-limit and spread-limit Texas Hold'em poker games, situations and strategies.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2018, 11:50 AM   #330076
gobbledygeek
Poet Laureate of LLSNL
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 29,731
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Isn't bob_124 in the midst of writing a similar book? He might be able to give you some helpful hints.

Ggoodluck,wouldread!G
gobbledygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 11:56 AM   #330077
Petrucci
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 2,885
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobbledygeek View Post
Isn't bob_124 in the midst of writing a similar book? He might be able to give you some helpful hints.

Ggoodluck,wouldread!G
I didnt know that he was writing on a book,sounds cool and gonna check around little bit.
Petrucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 01:03 PM   #330078
gobbledygeek
Poet Laureate of LLSNL
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 29,731
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Check out his PG&C thread, imo.

GgoodluckG
gobbledygeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 01:55 PM   #330079
bwslim69
I'm a Diva, Bruh
 
bwslim69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: TPS reports
Posts: 19,865
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrucci View Post
Wtf, chat thread almost out of the first page on the forum! Have all of you already gone for summer holiday?

I am toying with an idea of writing a book these days starting off with a plattform of my passion (and some portion of the time obsession) for poker living in a country where poker is illegal with zero casinos, and my countless experiences/stories of all kind from different homegames and underground clubs in Norway+also my thoughts/experiences from my 2,5 month Vegas grind trip. Ive been battling hard with my clinical depression the last couple of months too that have haunted me in waves for the past 10 years or so,it was partly due to that i wanted to find a project for myself of some sort. But it was actually my brothers wife who came up with the idea recently asking me if i didnt want to write a book of some sort,since i do love to write and it would also possibly be quite good of a self therapy thing to do.

I am thinking if i do it it will mostly be because of my own writing experience doing it, i am not sure if anybody have any interest in reading it besides my good friends and family.

Any ideas to how i should structure it, or what kind of topics/chapters i should have in mind when constructing the plan for the book? This thing is pure fresh on the drawing board and i am not certain about anything yet, so if you have any inputs whatsoever just fire please.
Cliffs?

Spoiler:
bwslim69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 02:05 PM   #330080
Bluegrassplayer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Bluegrassplayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: China
Posts: 36,213
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Yeah same. Good luck maing.


Incredibles 2 is so good.
Bluegrassplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 02:22 PM   #330081
Petrucci
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 2,885
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Thanks guys, gonna do my best. Have recently started on meds again that have worked good for me several years ago in heavy periods,so i hope that will help to do the trick once more.

So,BGP is rec superhero movies again? What else is new?
Petrucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 02:47 PM   #330082
Donat3llo
Faster Than Ski Patrol
 
Donat3llo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Riding your coattails, bruh!
Posts: 18,897
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrucci View Post
Thanks guys, gonna do my best. Have recently started on meds again that have worked good for me several years ago in heavy periods,so i hope that will help to do the trick once more.

So,BGP is rec superhero movies again? What else is new?
I'd snap read your book and +1 to getting your health back on track.
Donat3llo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:19 PM   #330083
Bluegrassplayer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Bluegrassplayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: China
Posts: 36,213
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Lol I actually wrote this is the best superhero movie I've seen in a long time.
Bluegrassplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:28 PM   #330084
DeadMoneyWalking
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DeadMoneyWalking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Avatar Archive
Posts: 28,082
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrucci View Post
Wtf, chat thread almost out of the first page on the forum! Have all of you already gone for summer holiday?

I am toying with an idea of writing a book these days starting off with a plattform of my passion (and some portion of the time obsession) for poker living in a country where poker is illegal with zero casinos, and my countless experiences/stories of all kind from different homegames and underground clubs in Norway+also my thoughts/experiences from my 2,5 month Vegas grind trip. Ive been battling hard with my clinical depression the last couple of months too that have haunted me in waves for the past 10 years or so,it was partly due to that i wanted to find a project for myself of some sort. But it was actually my brothers wife who came up with the idea recently asking me if i didnt want to write a book of some sort,since i do love to write and it would also possibly be quite good of a self therapy thing to do.

I am thinking if i do it it will mostly be because of my own writing experience doing it, i am not sure if anybody have any interest in reading it besides my good friends and family.

Any ideas to how i should structure it, or what kind of topics/chapters i should have in mind when constructing the plan for the book? This thing is pure fresh on the drawing board and i am not certain about anything yet, so if you have any inputs whatsoever just fire please.
Read Doyle Brunson's story books, especially the one where it's structured as a series of episodes that each make a vignette of a different person. Doyle used them largely to portray his opponents and each one having a different flaw that showed why they could never be Doyle. Even if you don't like that style you will be able to see how well he brings out each character in just a few lines.

And I hope it helps you.
DeadMoneyWalking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:39 PM   #330085
Petrucci
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 2,885
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Don: glad to hear that! How was Rob Farhas e book by the way? If i remember correctly you have been reading it?

Deadmoney: nice tip, have never read that book from Doyle but it sounds very interesting from how you describe it. He is one hell of a beast of a pokerplayer thats for sure.
Petrucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:40 PM   #330086
BigSkip
The Situation
 
BigSkip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: On a farm possibly with MILFs
Posts: 17,887
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegrassplayer View Post
Lol I actually wrote this is the best superhero movie I've seen in a long time.
BigSkip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:41 PM   #330087
Avaritia
Confirmed 2500 hour haver
 
Avaritia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 12,316
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegrassplayer View Post
Incredibles 2 is so good.
Disney has learned a new game in postponing sequels.

Business status quo is to push sequels as fast as possible while plot/characters are still fresh in market.

However, with Incredibles they've basically been gathering incremental viewers each year as it airs on TV constantly.

They did the same thing with Finding Dory
Avaritia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 04:12 PM   #330088
Bluegrassplayer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Bluegrassplayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: China
Posts: 36,213
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Finding Dory was ok, but was very much a forced sequel.

IDK something about Incredibles 2 just works really well. It's the same plot again, but done so much better. Seems like the writers had a lot to say and also a unique world to work from. It's really really good.
Bluegrassplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 04:19 PM   #330089
prairiebreeze
veteran
 
prairiebreeze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Saskatchewan. Don't @ me.
Posts: 2,550
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaritia View Post
Disney has learned a new game in postponing sequels.

Business status quo is to push sequels as fast as possible while plot/characters are still fresh in market.

However, with Incredibles they've basically been gathering incremental viewers each year as it airs on TV constantly.

They did the same thing with Finding Dory
Yeah but they're waiting TOO long.

My now 15 year old watched Finding Nemo constantly as a toddler. All that time later Finding Dory comes out and his reaction is "why the **** would I want to go see that? Isn't there an Avengers movie or something else?"

Same thing with Incredibles 2 with my now 12 year old. Would rather see Jurassic World instead.

Any more than 5 years between movies and you've missed the window. Yeah you might get the littler kids now, but you were probably going to get them anyway.
prairiebreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 04:23 PM   #330090
Mr Spyutastic
Pooh-Bah
 
Mr Spyutastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Soul Read Blvd
Posts: 4,464
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Looking forward to Creed 2 and the 2nd season of Cobra Kai.
Mr Spyutastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 04:24 PM   #330091
squid face
ChatThreadPrez
 
squid face's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: cloudbase! Aint no time 4 gravity
Posts: 7,597
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Hey Petrucci,

The more time I spend away from the casino environment the more I realize and understand just how nasty and much of a mind phuc the poker room/environment is. I have always been a huge fan of being balanced with life as a poker pro, and having a balance to the nasty negative energy that surrounds a poker room. If you are having serious depression issues I highly advise staying out of that environment and focus on getting your physical health and mental health in order - doing stuff whether it is writing or recreating or whatever. That casino gloom is damn hard to wash off, and a lot of the time we dont even realize that it is on us until we spend a decent chunk of time away from it and actually feel it dissipate

I am almost certain barring a massive market correction that I am done as a poker pro - and it feels ossum.
squid face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 04:29 PM   #330092
Bluegrassplayer
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Bluegrassplayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: China
Posts: 36,213
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Jurassic World is the worst movie I've seen in a long time and I recently watched the Vietnamese sequel to a Hangover knock off (also starring Mike Tyson). Worst movie imaginable.

I enjoyed Creed, watched it on a flight and had low expectations going in but was pleasantly surprised. Cobra Kai was so much fun, can't wait to watch season 2.
Bluegrassplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 04:34 PM   #330093
Mr Spyutastic
Pooh-Bah
 
Mr Spyutastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Soul Read Blvd
Posts: 4,464
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

I liked how in Creed they upgraded the fight choreography to be more modernized and realistic to actual boxing. Made it more enjoyable for me.
Mr Spyutastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 04:34 PM   #330094
Petrucci
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 2,885
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid face View Post
Hey Petrucci,

The more time I spend away from the casino environment the more I realize and understand just how nasty and much of a mind phuc the poker room/environment is. I have always been a huge fan of being balanced with life as a poker pro, and having a balance to the nasty negative energy that surrounds a poker room. If you are having serious depression issues I highly advise staying out of that environment and focus on getting your physical health and mental health in order - doing stuff whether it is writing or recreating or whatever. That casino gloom is damn hard to wash off, and a lot of the time we dont even realize that it is on us until we spend a decent chunk of time away from it and actually feel it dissipate

I am almost certain barring a massive market correction that I am done as a poker pro - and it feels ossum.

Wise words dude, i admit i that i have underestimated how energy draining the livepoker environment is, even when you+ others have warned about that before. As you point out it sneaks uppon you so you almost doesent notice it, pretty spot on described Squiddo.

It may not be a pure coincidence that i have logged a huge amount of hours over the last couple of years (significantly more hours than i ever had previous years), grinding extremely hard, and the fact that my depression over the last 2-3 months have been worse than almost ever before.

I can understand your wish and relief of quitting in a much better way from where i am in life today, compared to for lets say 2-3 years ago.
Petrucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 04:50 PM   #330095
Avaritia
Confirmed 2500 hour haver
 
Avaritia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 12,316
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

I tell chat I'm near suicidal and get told to suck it up and petrucci says he's depressed and gets condolences and advice.

smh

On a serious note the best thing I have ever done for mental health is working out. Its the one thing that without question if you can do for 90 days straight will legit make you happier.

Not getting laid. Not money. Just jogging and lifting weights.
Avaritia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 04:54 PM   #330096
Petrucci
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 2,885
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Come on Ava, thread have been a therapist for you on several occasions when youre having issues and told thread about them! Only time you get flamed and told to suck it up is when thread thinks youre becoming emo overload

Also thanks for the working out tip. I did alot of exercising before, but i kind of burnt out of it and get sick of it all, so i quit. Maybe i should try and motivate myself to start up again,give it a new shot just twice a week or something.
Petrucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 05:07 PM   #330097
Donat3llo
Faster Than Ski Patrol
 
Donat3llo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Riding your coattails, bruh!
Posts: 18,897
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avaritia View Post
I tell chat I'm near suicidal and get told to suck it up and petrucci says he's depressed and gets condolences and advice.

smh

On a serious note the best thing I have ever done for mental health is working out. Its the one thing that without question if you can do for 90 days straight will legit make you happier.

Not getting laid. Not money. Just jogging and lifting weights.
Thread really likes someone who can close. Trucci is batting 0% in stories about how he has botched a 3sum.

In all seriousness, I wish you and your mental health the best as well and I hope you stay on track. I contemplated leaving a gif in jest, the lack of one should demonstrate my support for you and your troubles.
Donat3llo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 05:28 PM   #330098
feel wrath
The Situation
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: lost on the turn
Posts: 18,452
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegrassplayer View Post
Jurassic World is the worst movie I've seen in a long time and I recently watched the Vietnamese sequel to a Hangover knock off (also starring Mike Tyson). Worst movie imaginable.

I enjoyed Creed, watched it on a flight and had low expectations going in but was pleasantly surprised. Cobra Kai was so much fun, can't wait to watch season 2.


the new one? Oh dear, my kids are super excited to see it - we’re going tomorrow night
feel wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 05:34 PM   #330099
JMurder3
not god, probably jebus
 
JMurder3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: In ya 4L, LLSNL, TWSS & POG.
Posts: 41,998
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by feel wrath View Post
the new one? Oh dear, my kids are super excited to see it - we’re going tomorrow night
Perhaps you can interest them in a Viatnamese hangover sequel.
JMurder3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 05:38 PM   #330100
feel wrath
The Situation
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: lost on the turn
Posts: 18,452
Re: ***Official "It Lives, It Lives" Chat Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrucci View Post
Come on Ava, thread have been a therapist for you on several occasions when youre having issues and told thread about them! Only time you get flamed and told to suck it up is when thread thinks youre becoming emo overload

Also thanks for the working out tip. I did alot of exercising before, but i kind of burnt out of it and get sick of it all, so i quit. Maybe i should try and motivate myself to start up again,give it a new shot just twice a week or something.


+3.50

Good luck Gil. Are you able to be back at work yet? Also, any news on US visa stuff?
feel wrath is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:15 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online