Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Micro-Small Stakes Limit Discussions about micro-small stakes Texas Hold'em (all stakes up to around 15/30)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2015, 05:11 PM   #201
DougL
Too helpful for this post
 
DougL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 21,136
Re: You Didn't Even Search the Other Noms. (NC Thread)

I just remember watching some hand where person who was identified as winning 40 reg limps UTG+1, couple of overlimps, maybe late spite raise in LP, and a blind calls. Somehow UTG+1 and some limper go 3 or 4 bets on a T32r flop and a couple more bets on some low blank (another 3?). River is a K and it checks through. 9s vs. 8s. Expert.
DougL is offline  
Old 07-29-2015, 05:15 PM   #202
jdr0317
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 5,474
Re: You Didn't Even Search the Other Noms. (NC Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougL View Post
I just remember watching some hand where person who was identified as winning 40 reg limps UTG+1, couple of overlimps, maybe late spite raise in LP, and a blind calls. Somehow UTG+1 and some limper go 3 or 4 bets on a T32r flop and a couple more bets on some low blank (another 3?). River is a K and it checks through. 9s vs. 8s. Expert.
My personal favorite was seeing some hot girl raise/4/call a guy on T32 in a MW raised pot, call the 5 turn and 4 river, and could not triumph over KT. Know thy customer, I guess.
jdr0317 is offline  
Old 07-30-2015, 01:32 PM   #203
Eggerdy
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 18
Re: You Didn't Even Search the Other Noms. (NC Thread)

I was playing .05/.10 FR on stars yesterday. I was on a full table and I'd opened another that was just getting started, with two people playing HU. I'm a fairly new player, and I'm not too confident playing short handed yet, so my plan was to wait for more players to join, or take a seat after watching a few orbits if the standard was really bad.

After watching a couple of hands, I noticed a really weird pattern:

Player 1 would raise from the sb, player 2 would 3-bet, player 1 would fold.

And then:

Player 2 would raise from the sb, player 1 would 3-bet, player 2 would cap, and player 1 would fold.

This carried on until player 1 was all-in on his last blind and busted out. I think he went through about 20bb like this and never saw a flop. Surely no one is that bad? Has anyone seen anything like this before?
Eggerdy is offline  
Old 07-30-2015, 01:40 PM   #204
jdr0317
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 5,474
Re: You Didn't Even Search the Other Noms. (NC Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggerdy View Post
I was playing .05/.10 FR on stars yesterday. I was on a full table and I'd opened another that was just getting started, with two people playing HU. I'm a fairly new player, and I'm not too confident playing short handed yet, so my plan was to wait for more players to join, or take a seat after watching a few orbits if the standard was really bad.

After watching a couple of hands, I noticed a really weird pattern:

Player 1 would raise from the sb, player 2 would 3-bet, player 1 would fold.

And then:

Player 2 would raise from the sb, player 1 would 3-bet, player 2 would cap, and player 1 would fold.

This carried on until player 1 was all-in on his last blind and busted out. I think he went through about 20bb like this and never saw a flop. Surely no one is that bad? Has anyone seen anything like this before?
A semi-reg in my OL 30 game frequently opens his BTN and folds to the three bet. I once saw him three bet and fold to the cap.
jdr0317 is offline  
Old 07-30-2015, 04:38 PM   #205
Eggerdy
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 18
Re: You Didn't Even Search the Other Noms. (NC Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr0317 View Post
A semi-reg in my OL 30 game frequently opens his BTN and folds to the three bet. I once saw him three bet and fold to the cap.
That's pretty bad, but I can rationalise someone folding an iffy blind steal -- not that I agree with folding for the sake of one more bet. But this was happening hand, after hand. The more I think about it, the more I think that one of them got bored and just offered up his money. Maybe I missed something in the chat.
Eggerdy is offline  
Old 07-30-2015, 04:50 PM   #206
jdr0317
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 5,474
Re: You Didn't Even Search the Other Noms. (NC Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggerdy View Post
That's pretty bad, but I can rationalise someone folding an iffy blind steal -- not that I agree with folding for the sake of one more bet. But this was happening hand, after hand. The more I think about it, the more I think that one of them got bored and just offered up his money. Maybe I missed something in the chat.
Yes, but also remember that this is a person trying to play a TAG style in the biggest regular FL game offered online currently for US players, making fundamental mathematical errors. I'd say that's worse than a guy playing like a total donkey so that he can dust off $10 at the lowest stake possible.
jdr0317 is offline  
Old 07-31-2015, 10:17 AM   #207
DougL
Too helpful for this post
 
DougL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 21,136
Re: You Didn't Even Search the Other Noms. (NC Thread)

No rake if villain folds preflop? Chip dumping ftw.
DougL is offline  
Old 07-31-2015, 01:39 PM   #208
Eggerdy
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 18
Re: You Didn't Even Search the Other Noms. (NC Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougL View Post
No rake if villain folds preflop? Chip dumping ftw.
Yeah. That's what I think now. You're right about the rake too. I didn't know that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr0317
Yes, but also remember that this is a person trying to play a TAG style in the biggest regular FL game offered online currently for US players, making fundamental mathematical errors. I'd say that's worse than a guy playing like a total donkey so that he can dust off $10 at the lowest stake possible.
I agree. I don't think he was playing like a donkey though, I think he was intentionally gifting his money to the other player.
Eggerdy is offline  
Old 07-31-2015, 03:48 PM   #209
DougL
Too helpful for this post
 
DougL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Boulder, CO
Posts: 21,136
Re: You Didn't Even Search the Other Noms. (NC Thread)

Once someone steals an account, wouldn't it be better to empty it out to an "innocent" 3rd party who can just claim he played a HU fish and shouldn't be penalized?
DougL is offline  
Old 07-31-2015, 07:13 PM   #210
Wetdog
Pooh-Bah
 
Wetdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Got FTP$ - enuf for just 1 titty
Posts: 5,248
Re: You Didn't Even Search the Other Noms. (NC Thread)



I smell a rat
Wetdog is offline  
Old 07-31-2015, 08:12 PM   #211
McNeese72
Pooh-Bah
 
McNeese72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost in the Online Poker Wasteland
Posts: 3,535
Re: You Didn't Even Search the Other Noms. (NC Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdog View Post


I smell a rat
LOL! Like that photo.

Sounds like chip dumping to me. That is the first thing I thought of when I read the original post about it.

Doc
McNeese72 is offline  
Old 07-31-2015, 08:43 PM   #212
Wetdog
Pooh-Bah
 
Wetdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Got FTP$ - enuf for just 1 titty
Posts: 5,248
Re: You Didn't Even Search the Other Noms. (NC Thread)

Speaking of dumping, **** comcast. Want to know why your internet and phone is down? It's because it's hot outside. They have known about this issue since '08. They have some cheap ass components that quit when they get hot. When the sun goes down and they cool off, presto! It would cost millions to replace all the known components, so they send those poor service techs who have no idea about how to "fix" problems without knowing about this issue. All they need to do is read their own forum lol.
Wetdog is offline  
Old 07-31-2015, 10:07 PM   #213
Wetdog
Pooh-Bah
 
Wetdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Got FTP$ - enuf for just 1 titty
Posts: 5,248
Re: You Didn't Even Search the Other Noms. (NC Thread)

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Basic-I.../567815#M93969
Wetdog is offline  
Old 08-01-2015, 05:18 PM   #214
VDownSwingV
veteran
 
VDownSwingV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: on the dooterbus
Posts: 2,611
Re: You Didn't Even Search the Other Noms. (NC Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdog View Post
Speaking of dumping, **** comcast. Want to know why your internet and phone is down? It's because it's hot outside. They have known about this issue since '08. They have some cheap ass components that quit when they get hot. When the sun goes down and they cool off, presto! It would cost millions to replace all the known components, so they send those poor service techs who have no idea about how to "fix" problems without knowing about this issue. All they need to do is read their own forum lol.
i hate Comcast as much as anyone.(as a customer and past sub contractor) but ALL connectors fail in extreme temps. I've seen cable plant oscillate for weeks until the lashing wire fails and tension is released.

Underground is slightly better until it sucks water around the heat shrink.

I admit, some fittings are poorly designed though.
VDownSwingV is offline  
Old 08-02-2015, 03:08 AM   #215
bellatrix
Rigged for her pleasure
 
bellatrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: bloggin'
Posts: 4,991
Re: You Didn't Even Search the Other Noms. (NC Thread)

You guys have definitely lost me to NL. Having fun currently crushing 2NL, lol
bellatrix is offline  
Old 08-02-2015, 06:45 AM   #216
p566
veteran
 
p566's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: too far from the casinos
Posts: 3,307
Re: You Didn't Even Search the Other Noms. (NC Thread)

💔
p566 is offline  
Old 08-02-2015, 10:27 AM   #217
Bob148
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: far too young and clever
Posts: 8,589
Re: You Didn't Even Search the Other Noms. (NC Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellatrix View Post
You guys have definitely lost me to NL. Having fun currently crushing 2NL, lol
I feel so betrayed!!
Bob148 is offline  
Old 08-03-2015, 06:23 AM   #218
khrage
journeyman
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 362
Re: You Didn't Even Search the Other Noms. (NC Thread)

But dont you miss those epic thin call downs?? (yes i was going to call a river bet!)

Player1: $12.12
Hero (SB): $7.88
Villain (BB): $20.60
Player4: $9.54

Pre Flop: ($0.45) Hero is with J 9
2 folds, Hero calls $0.05, Villain checks

Flop: ($0.50) Q K Q (2 players)
Hero checks, Villain bets $0.25, Hero calls $0.25

Turn: ($1.00) 3 (2 players)
Hero checks, Villain bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50

River: ($2.00) 4 (2 players)
Hero checks, Villain checks

Final Pot: $2.00
Hero shows J 9 (Pair of Queens)
Villain mucks T 8
Hero wins $1.91
(Rake: $0.09)
khrage is offline  
Old 08-03-2015, 08:59 AM   #219
Bob148
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: far too young and clever
Posts: 8,589
Re: You Didn't Even Search the Other Noms. (NC Thread)

I raise it up with the Jack nine off preflop and I don't think it's close from any position other than HJ or worse.
Bob148 is offline  
Old 08-03-2015, 09:13 AM   #220
khrage
journeyman
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 362
Re: You Didn't Even Search the Other Noms. (NC Thread)

Agree 100%

I'm still trying to eliminate limping from my overall game..its a bad habit!
khrage is offline  
Old 08-03-2015, 10:41 AM   #221
Bob148
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: far too young and clever
Posts: 8,589
Re: You Didn't Even Search the Other Noms. (NC Thread)

I'd limp some stuff in the small blind in that structure, but J9o is way too strong to limp imo. I'd raise down to J6o there.
Bob148 is offline  
Old 08-03-2015, 10:48 AM   #222
jdr0317
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 5,474
Re: You Didn't Even Search the Other Noms. (NC Thread)

I've been working on a "limp 100%" strategy from the SB in BvB battles vs overly aggressive opponents.
jdr0317 is offline  
Old 08-03-2015, 11:18 AM   #223
Bob148
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: far too young and clever
Posts: 8,589
Re: You Didn't Even Search the Other Noms. (NC Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr0317 View Post
I've been working on a "limp 100%" strategy from the SB in BvB battles vs overly aggressive opponents.
In 1/2 structures I might limp really bad hands against a very passive opponent, but otherwise I play raise or fold. If I find an overly aggressive opponent in the big blind, then I'll adjust by 4 betting a range like this: 66+, A8s+, ATo+, KTs+, KJo+, QJs, JTs and calling the three bets with everything else. I'm never 6 betting though.

In the structure above, getting 9:1, I'm limping the bottom ~20% and calling a raise. I'll also mix in some limp reraises with good but not great hands such as a range like this: 77-JJ, A9s-AJs, K9s-KJs, QTs+, JTs, T9s. Anything better than that gets raised and 4 bet. I'm still never 6 betting.

this message will self destruct in 25 minutes.
Bob148 is offline  
Old 08-03-2015, 10:15 PM   #224
Cranberry Tea
Pooh-Bah
 
Cranberry Tea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ohio
Posts: 5,642
Re: You Didn't Even Search the Other Noms. (NC Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdog View Post


I smell a rat
Not as wet as I expected, tbh.
Cranberry Tea is offline  
Old 08-05-2015, 03:32 PM   #225
McNeese72
Pooh-Bah
 
McNeese72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lost in the Online Poker Wasteland
Posts: 3,535
Re: You Didn't Even Search the Other Noms. (NC Thread)

Messing around on Bovada playing a .05/.1 6 max table and some guy sits down with $1432.72. WTF????


Doc
McNeese72 is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online