Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Pre flop check up posts. Pre flop check up posts.

08-16-2021 , 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NittyOldMan1 Pre flop check up posts.
id fold A9o and 3 bet the rest

probably a good range is like 44+, K9s+ and KTo+, Q9s+, maybe QJo

3 betting A9o isnt bad or anything though
I think you are looking for trouble 3 betting KTo here. I think QJo is a bit optimistic as well but I could be wrong with that one.
08-16-2021 , 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongidig Pre flop check up posts.
I think you are looking for trouble 3 betting KTo here. I think QJo is a bit optimistic as well but I could be wrong with that one.
folding is fine too, depends how much you like variance
08-28-2021 , 03:50 AM
SB 8/16 with a kill. I have the leg-up button. Two very weak-loose players limp, one from ep and one in the CO. What do you do with these hands:

A6o
35s
J9o
85s

The bb is not raising very often if we complete fwiw.
08-28-2021 , 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by checkraisdraw Pre flop check up posts.
SB 8/16 with a kill. I have the leg-up button. Two very weak-loose players limp, one from ep and one in the CO. What do you do with these hands:

A6o
35s
J9o
85s

The bb is not raising very often if we complete fwiw.
Very easy call with all of these. If you have to kill it at least you'll be on the button. I'd play these against any two limpers.
08-29-2021 , 03:28 PM
20/40 time game 7 handed. Currently 4 handed.

I'm in the CO and first to act. The BB has posted a half kill. He's never folding and is pretty sticky post flop. The button is a TAG/fish...He does have a cold call range in addition to a 3 bet range.

What do you do with these?

22
K8o
J9o
T7s
56s
08-29-2021 , 03:32 PM
20/40 7 handed time game.

The button has posted a half kill.

CO opens. He seems laggy, The button calls. He is extremely loose and pretty laggy. It's folded to me in the SB

What do you do with these? The button is pretty loose.

66
A2s
67s
QJo
09-01-2021 , 03:51 AM
Lets say a fishy player limps utg. If you raise, youíre almost certain to get called (but not usually raised) by two or more players behind you. Sometimes all of them. What range of hands would you be raising vs overlimping.

For instance, would you be raising KT offsuit/AT offsuit? Would you raise any suited ace? Would you raise suited connectors? Iím guessing pocket pairs play good as overlimps.
09-06-2021 , 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongidig Pre flop check up posts.
20/40 7 handed time game.

The button has posted a half kill.

CO opens. He seems laggy, The button calls. He is extremely loose and pretty laggy. It's folded to me in the SB

What do you do with these? The button is pretty loose.

66
A2s
67s
QJo
what is the big blind like?
09-07-2021 , 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by checkraisdraw Pre flop check up posts.
Lets say a fishy player limps utg. If you raise, you’re almost certain to get called (but not usually raised) by two or more players behind you. Sometimes all of them. What range of hands would you be raising vs overlimping.

For instance, would you be raising KT offsuit/AT offsuit? Would you raise any suited ace? Would you raise suited connectors? I’m guessing pocket pairs play good as overlimps.
I'd start with a baseline of a UTG+1 range if the weak UTG player had folded, then shade it from there. I'm not playing ATo or KJo UTG+1 in a full ring game like this because:
  • 6 or 7 opportunities behind me for someone to wake up with a dominating hand
  • almost certainly OOP postflop
  • very likely multiway where offsuit hands lose lots of value.

None of those factors is all that different because of the UTG limper. What is different?

The limper has a wide, probably capped range, say 40% minus top 5%, which creates dead money against our much stronger range. So I can see that you might add a very few cusp offsuit hands; I'm guessing AJ and KQ are on the cusp. I'd consider raising them on the off chance we can get players behind to fold. I'd never overlimp them, and it seems marginal between raise and fold.

So using a similar approach I come up with:
  • Would you raise any suited ace? -- Probably down to about A8s and limp the rest, but that might be very wrong, not sure. Depends a lot on how certain we are of cold calls behind and how loose the blinds are. If we can often get it down to 3 handed then raising them all makes more sense.
  • SCs -- raise only the really good ones, maybe T9s+? Limp fairly loosely given the reads, down to maybe 65s. Maybe limp T8s.
  • Pairs -- Definitely play all of them. Raise slightly looser than standard (both because of UTG and because players behind 3! tightly) -- maybe raise 77+?
  • You didn't ask about suited bways. KTs might be a raise. QTs, eh, not sure. Certainly playing them all.

I hope LHE experts will correct my reasoning above.
09-07-2021 , 12:57 PM
I think we're better off not having limps after one limper. It's possible this gives up some marginal value in the first 2-3 seats 9h, but I doubt it's worth the brain cycles and stating all the unstated assumptions to work it out. Raise, play the bigger pot well, and embrace the variance.
11-22-2021 , 11:32 AM
I'm in the SB.

A LAG limps in ep and it is folded to me. The BB is a TAG and will raise a good bit after a couple limpers.

What should I do with these?

Q7o
J5o
K3o
T7o
11-23-2021 , 03:55 AM
I would fold everything except T7o.
11-23-2021 , 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by checkraisdraw Pre flop check up posts.
I would fold everything except T7o.

At what point might the other hands become a call depending on how many players had limped?

Out of all of these I also like T7o the best.
11-23-2021 , 07:14 PM
I mean my main problem is that 3 ways with a lag and a tag is not exactly the ideal situation for me. If a fish had limped in I probably flick in a call with Q7 and K3.

I would probably play Q8 and K5. J7 seems fine to play as well. You have to have a cutoff for Kxo and I find thatís a good cutoff. The other two hands can make straights and weíre not worried about rio because he limped in.
11-30-2021 , 10:13 AM
Lets say that an extremely laggy player opens on the button. He is very sticky post flop and usually gets to the river. He will fold the river when he misses so 3 barrelling draws is an option. He will peel the flop 100%. He will quite often bluff bet when checked to on the flop or turn. His raises from the turn onward are usually strong hands. He is more calling station post than combative. He opens at least 50% of hands on the button and will open limp with the rest. The BB is a somewhat loose reg. The one thing this guy does very well is make thin bets on the river after checked to.

What adjustments do I need to make? I obviously want to play hands against this guy but I am OOP. I would think that just calling with some of my less showdown hands makes sense.

I typically 3b A7o+ against a typical button steal. How much lower can I go with this guy? Ace off suit is not easy to play OOP. I'm still folding the lower Aces.


Do you 3b 22's? Q8s? QJo? A5o? 9Ts?
11-30-2021 , 11:17 PM
I fold all those except t9 which is a mix
11-30-2021 , 11:43 PM
+1, and I would sometimes 3b QJo in this spot if I have a good image at the time.
12-01-2021 , 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongidig Pre flop check up posts.
Lets say that an extremely laggy player opens on the button. He is very sticky post flop and usually gets to the river. He will fold the river when he misses so 3 barrelling draws is an option. He will peel the flop 100%. He will quite often bluff bet when checked to on the flop or turn. His raises from the turn onward are usually strong hands. He is more calling station post than combative. He opens at least 50% of hands on the button and will open limp with the rest. The BB is a somewhat loose reg. The one thing this guy does very well is make thin bets on the river after checked to.

What adjustments do I need to make? I obviously want to play hands against this guy but I am OOP. I would think that just calling with some of my less showdown hands makes sense.

I typically 3b A7o+ against a typical button steal. How much lower can I go with this guy? Ace off suit is not easy to play OOP. I'm still folding the lower Aces.


Do you 3b 22's? Q8s? QJo? A5o? 9Ts?
Do you 3b 44's? K9s? A7o?

What if this villain was opening from the HJ 40% of the time and it's folded to you on the button. Are you 3 betting any of the above?
12-03-2021 , 12:18 PM
Small pairs suck out of position against stick opponents. I'd probably 3 bet 66s and fold 55. I'd 3 bet KTs but fold K9. I'd fold A9 too. You aren't giving up much by playing tight from the small blind.
12-04-2021 , 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninefingershuffle Pre flop check up posts.
Small pairs suck out of position against stick opponents. I'd probably 3 bet 66s and fold 55. I'd 3 bet KTs but fold K9. I'd fold A9 too. You aren't giving up much by playing tight from the small blind.
I think I am playing overly agro from the SB. I learned poker from instructional videos many years ago. They were based off mostly 6 handed online play. Some of the coaches advocated 3 betting down to A6o in this spot. It feels like folding A9 is too weak but it also feels gross to go much lower than that. Something I have not adjusted to well is the tighter ranges in live games compared to online.

The videos I watched were made over 10 years ago. I think players are more stubborn these day's. Back in the day it seemed you could bet the flop and turn and take it down. I don't think aggression is as feared as it once was.
12-12-2021 , 11:01 AM
A fairly tight reg opens in the HJ, A somewhat loose player calls on the button. The BB is sort of loose. I am in the SB.

Do you call pocket 33's?
12-12-2021 , 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongidig Pre flop check up posts.
A fairly tight reg opens in the HJ, A somewhat loose player calls on the button. The BB is sort of loose. I am in the SB.

Do you call pocket 33's?
easy call

you want to play hands vs loose players.
12-13-2021 , 03:09 AM
I probably call but I think itís close. With another caller itís an auto-call.

      
m