Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Micro-Small Stakes Limit Discussions about micro-small stakes Texas Hold'em (all stakes up to around 15/30)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2018, 04:41 PM   #2451
AlwaysFolding
masterbaker
 
AlwaysFolding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Mr. H0rus' Steel Cage Match
Posts: 12,425
Re: 2018 NC/LC - Misteaks Were Made

hilarious
AlwaysFolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:15 PM   #2452
holmfries
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Canterbury
Posts: 5,652
Re: 2018 NC/LC - Misteaks Were Made

I don’t get it.
holmfries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:39 PM   #2453
AlwaysFolding
masterbaker
 
AlwaysFolding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Mr. H0rus' Steel Cage Match
Posts: 12,425
Re: 2018 NC/LC - Misteaks Were Made

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmfries View Post
Literally everyone I talked to thought the Jags / Colts line was off and a bunch of people thought the Jags should have been favored to win. Then I think the line hit exactly. So there you go - Vegas is never wrong apparently
Quote:
Originally Posted by callipygian View Post
HF: "A cheeseburger and a Coke, please."
Waiter: "Lettuce and tomato?"
HF: "Yes, please."
Waiter: "You got it. By the way, the Jags-Colts line is off."
Quote:
Originally Posted by holmfries View Post
I don’t get it.
I have strategically emboldened a couple of words. Please report back if clarity is not established.
AlwaysFolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 09:57 PM   #2454
Howard Beale
Formerly red
 
Howard Beale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Doing what my dog wants
Posts: 21,332
Re: 2018 NC/LC - Misteaks Were Made

8-16 08 hand:

UTG limps (btw, something's happened to this guy bec he's playing well below how he knows he should be playing but, w/e), I raise A-A-4-2 UTG+1, folds around to SB (whose middle name must be 'I can't play this game to save my life) who calls, 3-ways to the flop of:

A-K-3. I bet, both call.

Turn: 3. I now have the world's fair, I can't lose, right?

River: 3. SB bets out and I'm not a good enough player to fold.

**** you poker just ****, ****, **** you, you mother****er!
Howard Beale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 10:04 PM   #2455
AlwaysFolding
masterbaker
 
AlwaysFolding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Mr. H0rus' Steel Cage Match
Posts: 12,425
Re: 2018 NC/LC - Misteaks Were Made

Is that a proverbial "donk of death?"
AlwaysFolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 10:17 PM   #2456
DalTXColtsFan
veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: contributing to the poker economy
Posts: 3,169
Re: 2018 NC/LC - Misteaks Were Made

Quote:
Originally Posted by holmfries View Post
Literally everyone I talked to thought the Jags / Colts line was off and a bunch of people thought the Jags should have been favored to win. Then I think the line hit exactly. So there you go - Vegas is never wrong apparently
Did somebody say COLTS???

My Colts did everything they possibly could to give that game back to the Jags. In the end, the Jags just wouldn't take it. Does Vegas make the most money when their lines are exactly right? If so, I can't help but wonder if they didn't pay the Colts receivers to drop those balls.

I'm assuming the line was Colts-3. If that's the case, what I've heard is they typically give the home team 3 points so they essentially thought the game was a push. Given the Colts O and the Jags D I can't disagree with that statement.
DalTXColtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 11:01 AM   #2457
Bob148
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Bob148's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: takin it to the streets
Posts: 9,932
Re: 2018 NC/LC - Misteaks Were Made

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbatas View Post
Pot, meet kettle.
Here's a pot and kettle moment:

guy in the theory forum(currently banned from 2+2) used to defend his positions, seemingly till the bitter end. Even when people would approach him rationally and in a nice manner, he would exhibit mild paranoia(imo), by saying things like "why does everyone always attack me?" "everyone here is out to get me" and **** like that on a regular basis. I took it upon myself to offer help on one occasion, as I'm pretty much an expert at dealing with paranoia on a personal level. Well the **** didn't exactly hit the fan, but there was some push back from a mod saying that such things would not be tolerated. Maybe he thought I was talking ****? I don't know.

Here's my issue with such an approach to mental health:

If I saw a guy crash his bicycle and suffer a compound fracture somewhere, I would offer my help. I doesn't take a doctor to figure out that <bone protruding from skin with blood pouring out> = a broken leg, arm, whatever.

If someone exhibits signs of a mental health issue, I'm not supposed to say anything.

Great, this way it gets swept under the rug yet again. Everything is fine. Move along, nothing to see here.
Bob148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 11:26 AM   #2458
Howard Beale
Formerly red
 
Howard Beale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Doing what my dog wants
Posts: 21,332
Re: 2018 NC/LC - Misteaks Were Made

Just bec you're paranoid doesn't mean ppl aren't out to get you.
Howard Beale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 11:27 AM   #2459
Bob148
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Bob148's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: takin it to the streets
Posts: 9,932
Re: 2018 NC/LC - Misteaks Were Made

touche.
Bob148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 11:46 AM   #2460
mongidig
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 4,555
Re: 2018 NC/LC - Misteaks Were Made

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob148 View Post
Here's a pot and kettle moment:

guy in the theory forum(currently banned from 2+2) used to defend his positions, seemingly till the bitter end. Even when people would approach him rationally and in a nice manner, he would exhibit mild paranoia(imo), by saying things like "why does everyone always attack me?" "everyone here is out to get me" and **** like that on a regular basis. I took it upon myself to offer help on one occasion, as I'm pretty much an expert at dealing with paranoia on a personal level. Well the **** didn't exactly hit the fan, but there was some push back from a mod saying that such things would not be tolerated. Maybe he thought I was talking ****? I don't know.

Here's my issue with such an approach to mental health:

If I saw a guy crash his bicycle and suffer a compound fracture somewhere, I would offer my help. I doesn't take a doctor to figure out that <bone protruding from skin with blood pouring out> = a broken leg, arm, whatever.

If someone exhibits signs of a mental health issue, I'm not supposed to say anything.

Great, this way it gets swept under the rug yet again. Everything is fine. Move along, nothing to see here.
On some sites Mod's do a nice job of just getting out of the way. On this site they seem like they are ready to pounce any chance they get. It's difficult to engage in conversation because everybody is so worried about saying the "wrong thing" do to our heightened sensitivity. I'm mostly referring to other topic forums.
mongidig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 04:42 PM   #2461
offTopic
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
offTopic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Making stupid side bets
Posts: 18,152
Re: 2018 NC/LC - Misteaks Were Made

Waiting for a game, Cardroom has WiFi because cell signal kind of sucks in building. Look up something in twodimes and get that error banner about access being blocked because gambling
offTopic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 08:31 PM   #2462
AlwaysFolding
masterbaker
 
AlwaysFolding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Mr. H0rus' Steel Cage Match
Posts: 12,425
Re: 2018 NC/LC - Misteaks Were Made

Local cardrooms ban 2p2, but not the forum. Explain that.
AlwaysFolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 08:41 PM   #2463
chillrob
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
chillrob's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: under a dark cloud
Posts: 12,376
Re: 2018 NC/LC - Misteaks Were Made

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysFolding View Post
Local cardrooms ban 2p2, but not the forum. Explain that.
You're accessing the forums via a dedicated forum app instead of a web browser?
chillrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 08:46 PM   #2464
AlwaysFolding
masterbaker
 
AlwaysFolding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Mr. H0rus' Steel Cage Match
Posts: 12,425
Re: 2018 NC/LC - Misteaks Were Made

Nope. forumserver.twoplustwo.com on safari/chrome/firefox/analexplorer
AlwaysFolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 09:57 PM   #2465
that_pope
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
that_pope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Casino AZ
Posts: 25,982
Re: 2018 NC/LC - Misteaks Were Made

Yep, if you go to the forum instead of twoplustwo.com it bypasses some firewalls. I've seen it both ways.
that_pope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 12:21 AM   #2466
AlwaysFolding
masterbaker
 
AlwaysFolding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Mr. H0rus' Steel Cage Match
Posts: 12,425
Re: 2018 NC/LC - Misteaks Were Made

Strange, but that explains how good their systems are
AlwaysFolding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:30 PM   #2467
ninefingershuffle
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,135
Re: 2018 NC/LC - Misteaks Were Made

Just played an interesting one against Cepheus where I defended the big blind with 76o

Fop came 833ccx turn 4c river Jc

flop and turn went check/check

I bet river and he looked me up with Q2s no club.
ninefingershuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:59 PM   #2468
ninefingershuffle
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,135
Re: 2018 NC/LC - Misteaks Were Made

Also Cepheus just raised preflop, I called big blind.

Flop is T23r, check/check

Turn is an 8. I bet, it calls.

River is an Ace. I check, it bets, I call.

It has 56, which is the 2nd nut low. At best, it has 20 percent equity on the turn, I just dont get it.
ninefingershuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:47 PM   #2469
Aaron W.
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Henderson, NV
Posts: 28,969
Re: 2018 NC/LC - Misteaks Were Made

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninefingershuffle View Post
Also Cepheus just raised preflop, I called big blind.

Flop is T23r, check/check

Turn is an 8. I bet, it calls.

River is an Ace. I check, it bets, I call.

It has 56, which is the 2nd nut low. At best, it has 20 percent equity on the turn, I just dont get it.
If I were to guess, I'd say that it's probably working out its range so that it can improve on a river 4, 5, or 6. At least that's part of the logic. It also thinks that it has some bluffing equity as well. But I don't know how it is weighing the two benefits.
Aaron W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:22 PM   #2470
Bob148
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Bob148's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: takin it to the streets
Posts: 9,932
Re: 2018 NC/LC - Misteaks Were Made

This combo is one of the more profitable river bluffs in buttons range. The combination of realizable equity (showdown winnings as a fraction of the pot) and bluff value must be just enough.
Bob148 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online