Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Micro-Small Stakes Limit Discussions about micro-small stakes Texas Hold'em (all stakes up to around 15/30)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2017, 11:15 PM   #901
Howard Beale
Formerly red
 
Howard Beale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Doing what my dog wants
Posts: 21,737
Re: 2017 ustakes NC, where the steaks are wafer thin (Low Content Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougL View Post
That's awesome
I'm thrilled. I've finally cut out starches. The only carbs I get is from the great deal of vegetables that I eat and the pounds are melting off.
Howard Beale is offline  
Old 07-23-2017, 11:27 PM   #902
ZOMG_RIGGED!
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ZOMG_RIGGED!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: now with friendly emoticons!
Posts: 17,502
Re: 2017 ustakes NC, where the steaks are wafer thin (Low Content Thread)

Sounds like a tapeworm
ZOMG_RIGGED! is offline  
Old 07-24-2017, 01:04 AM   #903
Howard Beale
Formerly red
 
Howard Beale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Doing what my dog wants
Posts: 21,737
Re: 2017 ustakes NC, where the steaks are wafer thin (Low Content Thread)

I'll show you a tapeworm.
Howard Beale is offline  
Old 07-24-2017, 09:25 AM   #904
AlwaysFolding
masterbaker
 
AlwaysFolding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Where the wild Sheep roam
Posts: 15,933
Re: 2017 ustakes NC, where the steaks are wafer thin (Low Content Thread)

AlwaysFolding is offline  
Old 07-24-2017, 01:40 PM   #905
callipygian
slowrolled by tpiranha!
 
callipygian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: but I don't know which
Posts: 19,889
Re: 2017 ustakes NC, where the steaks are wafer thin (Low Content Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMG_RIGGED! View Post
I mean there wasn't really any debate. Howard was the only one who said anything different but it's howard
What you're saying is different from what he's saying.

I agree that the strategy was clearly in favor of one side in this case, but I also agree that, in general, whenever DeathDonkey (or other well-recognized names) posts, everyone seems to just stop posting as if that settles everything.
callipygian is offline  
Old 07-24-2017, 04:06 PM   #906
ZOMG_RIGGED!
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ZOMG_RIGGED!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: now with friendly emoticons!
Posts: 17,502
Re: 2017 ustakes NC, where the steaks are wafer thin (Low Content Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by callipygian View Post
What you're saying is different from what he's saying.

I agree that the strategy was clearly in favor of one side in this case, but I also agree that, in general, whenever DeathDonkey (or other well-recognized names) posts, everyone seems to just stop posting as if that settles everything.
I agree. DD is a bit of a discussion killer. But there really wasn't any discussion on the hand for DD to end. After hindsight and getting to see the cards everyone was able to figure the hand pretty easily. Everyone except Howard

As fun and exciting as the hand was, I'm pretty sure it's 'standard'
ZOMG_RIGGED! is offline  
Old 07-24-2017, 06:16 PM   #907
Howard Beale
Formerly red
 
Howard Beale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Doing what my dog wants
Posts: 21,737
Re: 2017 ustakes NC, where the steaks are wafer thin (Low Content Thread)

I don't play NL and I don't play tourneys but I'm going to try to explain myself one more time:

There are 8 players remaining so there's a lot of time/play left to go. Hesp is chip leader w/ only 2 players that can hurt him badly. The worse of the 2 raises UTG and when it gets to Hesp, holding A-10o, there's, iirc, $2.7 million in the pot. Hesp w/ something like $120 million and Blumstein w/ just over $90 million. These ppl aren't playing high stakes LHE or even 100/200 NL. They're playing for MILLIONS, the most that any of them have ever, or are likely ever, to gamble for. If it's me I don't run up my A-10o OOP against the player that can crush me w/ millions on the line and who, in turn, will never let himself get stacked for a tiny pot. I'd much rather have any small pair. But, ok, Hesp makes the call, checks the Ace hi flop and Blumstein checks behind. O'Rly? $6 million or so in the pot and Blumstein doesn't toss in a measly $3 million c-bet off of his $90 million? That's extraordinary. He is 'supposed' to bet and he doesn't. That's the end of the hand for me if I'd called in the first place, which I wouldn't have.

--------------------

In other news I took mom to Talking Stick bec I take her out every day for lunch but it was raining and she walks 1/4 mph so I wanted the covered parking. I put $200 into the Wheel of Fortune for her to play and she hit for $2K!!!!! I'm plus $800 on the day and she's plus $700, yippeeeeeee!
Howard Beale is offline  
Old 07-24-2017, 06:29 PM   #908
AlwaysFolding
masterbaker
 
AlwaysFolding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Where the wild Sheep roam
Posts: 15,933
Re: 2017 ustakes NC, where the steaks are wafer thin (Low Content Thread)

YASSS MOM YOU A BEAST!

Good for you, Howard. What a good day.
AlwaysFolding is offline  
Old 07-24-2017, 06:34 PM   #909
callipygian
slowrolled by tpiranha!
 
callipygian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: but I don't know which
Posts: 19,889
Re: 2017 ustakes NC, where the steaks are wafer thin (Low Content Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMG_RIGGED! View Post
I agree. DD is a bit of a discussion killer.
The discussion doesn't need to end just because good players post. If I disagree with DeathDonkey, I'm happy to trade a spanking for free advice.

And I'm like 90% sure that I've seen him post an actual admission that he was changing his mind and that he was wrong at the beginning of a thread. This was years ago but I remember distinctly upgrading my opinion of him because of it.
callipygian is offline  
Old 07-24-2017, 06:37 PM   #910
Howard Beale
Formerly red
 
Howard Beale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Doing what my dog wants
Posts: 21,737
Re: 2017 ustakes NC, where the steaks are wafer thin (Low Content Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysFolding View Post
YASSS MOM YOU A BEAST!

Good for you, Howard. What a good day.


Brag: The tax form is in HER name!!!!!
Beat: I have to go and do the supermarket shopping.
Howard Beale is offline  
Old 07-24-2017, 06:40 PM   #911
callipygian
slowrolled by tpiranha!
 
callipygian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: but I don't know which
Posts: 19,889
Re: 2017 ustakes NC, where the steaks are wafer thin (Low Content Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Beale View Post
$6 million or so in the pot and Blumstein doesn't toss in a measly $3 million c-bet off of his $90 million? That's extraordinary. He is 'supposed' to bet and he doesn't. That's the end of the hand for me if I'd called in the first place, which I wouldn't have.
There are three separate things here and I don't think everyone disagrees with you on all three.

1. Call with ATo in the BB.
2. Realizing Villain has a big hand when the flop checks.
3. Not going 4-bet all in on the turn.

I agree with you in 2 and 3, but not 1.
callipygian is offline  
Old 07-24-2017, 07:03 PM   #912
ninefingershuffle
veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,384
Re: 2017 ustakes NC, where the steaks are wafer thin (Low Content Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by callipygian View Post
There are three separate things here and I don't think everyone disagrees with you on all three.

1. Call with ATo in the BB.
2. Realizing Villain has a big hand when the flop checks.
3. Not going 4-bet all in on the turn.

I agree with you in 2 and 3, but not 1.
Concur. Also, on the teee veee, it was At of hearts.
ninefingershuffle is offline  
Old 07-24-2017, 07:04 PM   #913
that_pope
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
that_pope's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Casino AZ
Posts: 27,365
Re: 2017 ustakes NC, where the steaks are wafer thin (Low Content Thread)

The only reason to not do 1 is if you finally self realize you are the worst player left in the tourney and are planning to completely change the way you've been playing and try to fold into a top 3 finish.
that_pope is online now  
Old 07-24-2017, 07:39 PM   #914
ZOMG_RIGGED!
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ZOMG_RIGGED!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: now with friendly emoticons!
Posts: 17,502
Re: 2017 ustakes NC, where the steaks are wafer thin (Low Content Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by that_pope View Post
The only reason to not do 1 is if you finally self realize you are the worst player left in the tourney and are planning to completely change the way you've been playing and try to fold into a top 3 finish.
GTO
ZOMG_RIGGED! is offline  
Old 07-24-2017, 07:41 PM   #915
ZOMG_RIGGED!
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ZOMG_RIGGED!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: now with friendly emoticons!
Posts: 17,502
Re: 2017 ustakes NC, where the steaks are wafer thin (Low Content Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by callipygian View Post
The discussion doesn't need to end just because good players post. If I disagree with DeathDonkey, I'm happy to trade a spanking for free advice.

And I'm like 90% sure that I've seen him post an actual admission that he was changing his mind and that he was wrong at the beginning of a thread. This was years ago but I remember distinctly upgrading my opinion of him because of it.
I don't believe I said it did. Or that he's never wrong
ZOMG_RIGGED! is offline  
Old 07-24-2017, 09:38 PM   #916
Breich
Micros Good Cop
 
Breich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: a home game near you
Posts: 3,024
Re: 2017 ustakes NC, where the steaks are wafer thin (Low Content Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Beale View Post
I'll show you a tapeworm.
nom
Breich is offline  
Old 07-24-2017, 10:05 PM   #917
Howard Beale
Formerly red
 
Howard Beale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Doing what my dog wants
Posts: 21,737
Re: 2017 ustakes NC, where the steaks are wafer thin (Low Content Thread)

Not as 'nom' as I wish, tbh.
Howard Beale is offline  
Old 07-24-2017, 11:06 PM   #918
pig4bill
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 28,735
Re: 2017 ustakes NC, where the steaks are wafer thin (Low Content Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Beale View Post
I don't play NL and I don't play tourneys
The best strat in your post.

Quote:
In other news I took mom to Talking Stick bec I take her out every day for lunch but it was raining and she walks 1/4 mph so I wanted the covered parking. I put $200 into the Wheel of Fortune for her to play and she hit for $2K!!!!! I'm plus $800 on the day and she's plus $700, yippeeeeeee!
Nice stake for Vegas!

As a change of pace from the Orleans, consider South Point. It's the same design as the Orleans, just a lot newer. The restaurants are better, too. Poker room is nowhere near as good though.

(Stay away from the tournaments!)
pig4bill is offline  
Old 07-24-2017, 11:31 PM   #919
Howard Beale
Formerly red
 
Howard Beale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Doing what my dog wants
Posts: 21,737
Re: 2017 ustakes NC, where the steaks are wafer thin (Low Content Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig4bill View Post

Nice stake for Vegas!

As a change of pace from the Orleans, consider South Point. It's the same design as the Orleans, just a lot newer. The restaurants are better, too. Poker room is nowhere near as good though.
We've tried South Point once. It's ok but way too far from the strip hotels that we like to visit. Plus I really like The Orleans poker room.
Howard Beale is offline  
Old 07-25-2017, 02:18 AM   #920
offTopic
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
offTopic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Making stupid side bets
Posts: 18,394
Re: 2017 ustakes NC, where the steaks are wafer thin (Low Content Thread)

I think I haven't set foot in the Orleans in over 10 years, but I remember liking the cocktail waitress uniforms
offTopic is offline  
Old 07-25-2017, 09:13 AM   #921
AlwaysFolding
masterbaker
 
AlwaysFolding's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Where the wild Sheep roam
Posts: 15,933
Re: 2017 ustakes NC, where the steaks are wafer thin (Low Content Thread)

I'm 28 and I love the Orleans.

Pros: SO MUCH DEAD MONEY (not an old person joke)
Cons: Six danglers to a hand = happy-fun space-mountin-sized-chipstack-rollercoaster
AlwaysFolding is offline  
Old 07-25-2017, 03:41 PM   #922
pig4bill
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 28,735
Re: 2017 ustakes NC, where the steaks are wafer thin (Low Content Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by offTopic View Post
I think I haven't set foot in the Orleans in over 10 years, but I remember liking the cocktail waitress uniforms
Rodeo time (Dec) is best, they switch to real tight cowgirl getups.
pig4bill is offline  
Old 07-25-2017, 03:55 PM   #923
TheDarkKnight
veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Gotham
Posts: 2,269
Re: 2017 ustakes NC, where the steaks are wafer thin (Low Content Thread)

Orleans is my second favorite place to play cash games in Vegas. Bellagio being #1.
TheDarkKnight is offline  
Old 07-25-2017, 09:14 PM   #924
Breich
Micros Good Cop
 
Breich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: a home game near you
Posts: 3,024
Re: 2017 ustakes NC, where the steaks are wafer thin (Low Content Thread)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig4bill View Post
Rodeo time (Dec) is best, they switch to real tight cowgirl getups.
Oh I love the cowgirl getups.
Breich is offline  
Old 07-25-2017, 11:22 PM   #925
Howard Beale
Formerly red
 
Howard Beale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Doing what my dog wants
Posts: 21,737
Re: 2017 ustakes NC, where the steaks are wafer thin (Low Content Thread)

Some fellow sits in the 8-16 and he looks vaguely familiar. Not even a semi-reg but I feel that I've played w/ him before. This hand comes up:

He raises UTG, bunch of callers, I call 7-7 BB.

Flop: A74. I check, he bets, folds around to me, I raise bec 'ZOMG!', he 3!s, I 4!, he calls.

Turn: A. I bet, he shuffles his chips a bit and calls.

River: 2. Bet, reluctant call, and I show. The fellow doesn't get mad but we have this conversation:

'You did the same thing to me 20 years ago w/ a pair of 4's. The same exact thing when I had A-K except it was 20-40 and it cost me a lot of money.'
'You remember a hand from 20 years ago and that it was me?'
'Yes, I think about it from time to time. You did the exact same thing w/ a pair of 4's.'

I know that I have a few very memorable hands but nothing as standard as this one and I wonder if similar stories might make a good LCP thread.
Howard Beale is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online