Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Free Software Discussion of Free / Freeware / Donationware / Open Source poker software and Free Graphics mods

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2017, 06:28 PM   #26
chinagambler
veteran
 
chinagambler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Czech Republic
Posts: 2,551
Re: Simple GTO Trainer (Free Software) -- Practice GTO with customized drills and vs AI games

Quote:
Originally Posted by swc123 View Post
That definitely should work then, can you please send one of the Pio .cfr files to support@simplepoker.com so we can debug.

Thanks and sorry for the hassle!
Sent. Also, would be nice to be able to see the exact ranges used in the packs instead of just seeing them in percentage.
chinagambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 08:02 PM   #27
swc123
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 431
Re: Simple GTO Trainer (Free Software) -- Practice GTO with customized drills and vs AI games

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinagambler View Post
Sent. Also, would be nice to be able to see the exact ranges used in the packs instead of just seeing them in percentage.
Thank you for the file! I believe we are making progress towards isolating the issue towards selecting the Piosolver engine in your Pio path that was used to create the solution file. We're working on a document for the best practices for Pio integration to ensure that all works smoothly.

Regarding the ranges, if you open a training pack to play a hand, then you can click the range icon to the left of the range % display on the player bar and it will pop up a visual display of the range. At the moment, that display does not show the exact weight that is given to each combo but does give a pretty good visual view of the range (see SS below). I've added a feature request for that to also show a numerical weight on each combo as well as one to be able to view the range from the game selection menu.


swc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 08:18 PM   #28
chinagambler
veteran
 
chinagambler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Czech Republic
Posts: 2,551
Re: Simple GTO Trainer (Free Software) -- Practice GTO with customized drills and vs AI games

Thanks. It would also be very useful to see the EV difference between our play and GTO in the summary report and to be able to rank hands by EV loss to quickly see where we make the biggest mistakes.
chinagambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 08:24 PM   #29
swc123
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 431
Re: Simple GTO Trainer (Free Software) -- Practice GTO with customized drills and vs AI games

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinagambler View Post
Thanks. It would also be very useful to see the EV difference between our play and GTO in the summary report and to be able to rank hands by EV loss to quickly see where we make the biggest mistakes.
Agree 100%, will add to our list as well.
swc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 04:25 PM   #30
eurodp
adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 890
Re: Simple GTO Trainer (Free Software) -- Practice GTO with customized drills and vs AI games

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinagambler View Post
Every time I try to launch the regular training I get the error message 'Pio error Message:
"Pio engine not responding, command execution timeout exceeded. Please, try again."
I have the same error and have tried from SSD, normal HD, smaller files, bigger files, less files in folder, more files, etc.
eurodp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 04:44 PM   #31
chinagambler
veteran
 
chinagambler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Czech Republic
Posts: 2,551
Re: Simple GTO Trainer (Free Software) -- Practice GTO with customized drills and vs AI games

I'm running the software on a MacBook Pro through a virtual engine using Parallels, this might be the reason why it's not working.
chinagambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 04:49 PM   #32
eurodp
adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 890
Re: Simple GTO Trainer (Free Software) -- Practice GTO with customized drills and vs AI games

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinagambler View Post
I'm running the software on a MacBook Pro through a virtual engine using Parallels, this might be the reason why it's not working.
I have it running on windows 10.
eurodp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 04:56 PM   #33
swc123
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 431
Re: Simple GTO Trainer (Free Software) -- Practice GTO with customized drills and vs AI games

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurodp View Post
I have the same error and have tried from SSD, normal HD, smaller files, bigger files, less files in folder, more files, etc.
Have you tried switching your Pio engine setting in GTO Trainer between the AVX version of the Pio engine .exe file and the non AVX? We are working on isolating the issue and it seems to be related to the Pio engine choice as far as we can tell.

If you don't mind it would also really help us track this down if you could email one your flop files that isn't working (it sounds like none of them are so just pick any smallish file) to support@simplepoker.com

Thanks!
swc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 05:06 PM   #34
eurodp
adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 890
Re: Simple GTO Trainer (Free Software) -- Practice GTO with customized drills and vs AI games

Quote:
Originally Posted by swc123 View Post
Have you tried switching your Pio engine setting in GTO Trainer between the AVX version of the Pio engine .exe file and the non AVX? We are working on isolating the issue and it seems to be related to the Pio engine choice as far as we can tell.

If you don't mind it would also really help us track this down if you could email one your flop files that isn't working (it sounds like none of them are so just pick any smallish file) to support@simplepoker.com

Thanks!
I do not have an AVX version as I have the Pro version and not Edge. Could the issue be related to multiple bet sizes in the files? I will send over a file.
eurodp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 06:26 PM   #35
swc123
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 431
Re: Simple GTO Trainer (Free Software) -- Practice GTO with customized drills and vs AI games

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurodp View Post
I do not have an AVX version as I have the Pro version and not Edge. Could the issue be related to multiple bet sizes in the files? I will send over a file.
Thank you, as soon as we've got a solution figured out I'll post here, hoping to debug this asap.
swc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 08:36 PM   #36
Joshua
journeyman
 
Joshua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Monkey Tilt
Posts: 279
Re: Simple GTO Trainer (Free Software) -- Practice GTO with customized drills and vs AI games

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinagambler View Post
Every time I try to launch the regular training I get the error message 'Pio error Message:
"Pio engine not responding, command execution timeout exceeded. Please, try again."
I get the same error with the pro-version of Piosolver. A possible workaround (works for me at least) is to first start Pioviewer, quit PioViewer and then finally start GTOtrainer.
Joshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 11:34 PM   #37
swc123
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 431
Re: Simple GTO Trainer (Free Software) -- Practice GTO with customized drills and vs AI games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
I get the same error with the pro-version of Piosolver. A possible workaround (works for me at least) is to first start Pioviewer, quit PioViewer and then finally start GTOtrainer.
Interesting! This may help us get to the bottom of it, thanks!
swc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 06:27 AM   #38
chinagambler
veteran
 
chinagambler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Czech Republic
Posts: 2,551
Re: Simple GTO Trainer (Free Software) -- Practice GTO with customized drills and vs AI games

I solved the issue, the solver I was pointing to wasn't updated to the latest version.
chinagambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 07:16 AM   #39
samooth
veteran
 
samooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: gutrotting
Posts: 3,240
Re: Simple GTO Trainer (Free Software) -- Practice GTO with customized drills and vs AI games

Great tool, Alex! Hopefully you can debug Pio compatibility soon, I can usually play up to 10-15 hands before my software crashes in between hands (on two different comps with different solutions), with no error msg (the popup window just freezes plain white). I also found a bug in displaying actions and frequencies in regular mode vs Pio solutions:

https://gyazo.com/e4e7d08ddb02429956814faa75035927
https://gyazo.com/2a06fbcd13b6a8cda6e26931f12b3482

Two feature request for the future: an option to set the error margin (to be able to play off-equ paths after an error) and an option to update the ranges (in the range icon) to the current node (yes, I know it's cheating but it's useful to understand what's going on without having to pull the solutions out). Cheers
samooth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 11:17 AM   #40
swc123
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 431
Re: Simple GTO Trainer (Free Software) -- Practice GTO with customized drills and vs AI games

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinagambler View Post
I solved the issue, the solver I was pointing to wasn't updated to the latest version.
Ah, that would do it! Thanks for sharing, I believe that may help other users as well. We've resolved the issue for most of the people who've emailed us at this point, so we're working to put together a guide to trouble shoot these kinds of issues in the future. Ideally, we'd also like to have the trainer detect a solver version / solution file mismatch and give a helpful error message but that may be a bit down the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by samooth View Post
Great tool, Alex! Hopefully you can debug Pio compatibility soon, I can usually play up to 10-15 hands before my software crashes in between hands (on two different comps with different solutions), with no error msg (the popup window just freezes plain white). I also found a bug in displaying actions and frequencies in regular mode vs Pio solutions:

https://gyazo.com/e4e7d08ddb02429956814faa75035927
https://gyazo.com/2a06fbcd13b6a8cda6e26931f12b3482

Two feature request for the future: an option to set the error margin (to be able to play off-equ paths after an error) and an option to update the ranges (in the range icon) to the current node (yes, I know it's cheating but it's useful to understand what's going on without having to pull the solutions out). Cheers
Glad you like the software!

I like both of these feature requests and will pass them on. Regarding the crashing, that kind of makes it sound as though memory usage is increasing over time, but we haven't gotten any reports quite like that in the past. When it happens, can you check your task manager and see if the memory usage is going up as you play?

Thanks

-SWC
swc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 11:57 AM   #41
samooth
veteran
 
samooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: gutrotting
Posts: 3,240
Re: Simple GTO Trainer (Free Software) -- Practice GTO with customized drills and vs AI games

Quote:
Originally Posted by swc123 View Post
When it happens, can you check your task manager and see if the memory usage is going up as you play?
I checked, and it doesn't seem to be the case, mem usage is constant. This happens when I play a single postflop solution as well as a set of solutions. Pio runs smoothly on both machines and almost never crashes. I have the newest edge version, SSD, Windows 10, and use small tree solutions saved without rivers that are well below my RAM even if saved in full.

What accuracy settings are used to recalc forgotten streets, the ones set in Pioviewer or are they preset?

Last edited by samooth; 08-09-2017 at 12:03 PM.
samooth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 12:14 PM   #42
swc123
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 431
Re: Simple GTO Trainer (Free Software) -- Practice GTO with customized drills and vs AI games

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurodp View Post
I do not have an AVX version as I have the Pro version and not Edge. Could the issue be related to multiple bet sizes in the files? I will send over a file.
Hi,

Thanks for sending your file!

When we tried loading in your file we got it to work by selecting the Pio Engine file as "PioSolver-edge19.exe" (not the preflop solver). When we selected that engine everything worked properly. I believe an updated version of the pro solver should work as well. We got exactly the same error message as you when we selected the PioViewer file rather than the solver, is it possible that might be the cause. I believe selecting an outdated version of the solver file might produce the same error as well, but I don't have an outdated version of Pio handy to test with. Chinagambler reported the same problem and said updating fixed it for him, so I would definitely try that if the problem persists.

The multiple bet sizes definitely shouldn't be the problem.

I hope this helps, if not let me know and we'll keep trouble shooting.

Cheers!

-swc
swc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 12:21 PM   #43
eurodp
adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 890
Re: Simple GTO Trainer (Free Software) -- Practice GTO with customized drills and vs AI games

Quote:
Originally Posted by swc123 View Post
Hi,

Thanks for sending your file!

When we tried loading in your file we got it to work by selecting the Pio Engine file as "PioSolver-edge19.exe" (not the preflop solver). When we selected that engine everything worked properly. I believe an updated version of the pro solver should work as well. We got exactly the same error message as you when we selected the PioViewer file rather than the solver, is it possible that might be the cause. I believe selecting an outdated version of the solver file might produce the same error as well, but I don't have an outdated version of Pio handy to test with. Chinagambler reported the same problem and said updating fixed it for him, so I would definitely try that if the problem persists.

The multiple bet sizes definitely shouldn't be the problem.

I hope this helps, if not let me know and we'll keep trouble shooting.

Cheers!

-swc
I select the Pio engine file the only difference is mine is Pro version "PioSOLVER-pro19". I also tried to force the update and it still didn't work as I already have the latest version.

I also tried opening PioViewer and closing before opening trainer as someone above mentioned....nada. I tried opening pio program console and opening trainer and that made the trainer not even open even though it was in task manager. I kept trying to open it after ending the task but it still wouldn't open. I thought I would have to re-install in the morning but it just opened again when I started it today.

I looked at task manager and it doesn't seem to load anything into memory as memory stays constant and only CPU goes up to like 18% before it gives the timeout.
eurodp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 12:36 PM   #44
swc123
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 431
Re: Simple GTO Trainer (Free Software) -- Practice GTO with customized drills and vs AI games

Quote:
Originally Posted by samooth View Post
I checked, and it doesn't seem to be the case, mem usage is constant. This happens when I play a single postflop solution as well as a set of solutions. Pio runs smoothly on both machines and almost never crashes. I have the newest edge version, SSD, Windows 10, and use small tree solutions saved without rivers that are well below my RAM even if saved in full.

What accuracy settings are used to recalc forgotten streets, the ones set in Pioviewer or are they preset?
Regarding the accuracy settings, it uses the values in the settings.accuracy pio config file, which I believe is what the PioViewer UI writes to / reads from,
(I am not 100% sure). I am traveling today and don't have Pio on this machine, but you could test that on your machine if you open that file in notepad.

Regarding the crashing after 10-15 hands, my best guess currently is that perhaps one of the files in the folder was calced with a different pio engine and that that is the issue but I'm not sure. Would you mind adding me on skype: pokertarath (I feel like you might have me already but I can't remember your skype name) and pinging me and I can get you in touch with the devs to help isolate the problem.
swc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 12:38 PM   #45
swc123
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 431
Re: Simple GTO Trainer (Free Software) -- Practice GTO with customized drills and vs AI games

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurodp View Post
I select the Pio engine file the only difference is mine is Pro version "PioSOLVER-pro19". I also tried to force the update and it still didn't work as I already have the latest version.

I also tried opening PioViewer and closing before opening trainer as someone above mentioned....nada. I tried opening pio program console and opening trainer and that made the trainer not even open even though it was in task manager. I kept trying to open it after ending the task but it still wouldn't open. I thought I would have to re-install in the morning but it just opened again when I started it today.

I looked at task manager and it doesn't seem to load anything into memory as memory stays constant and only CPU goes up to like 18% before it gives the timeout.
Got it, I'll trouble shoot a bit more and reply either here or to your email, this might require a team viewer session or something to get to the bottom of as the file is working for us. I'll be in touch.
swc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 12:51 PM   #46
Joshua
journeyman
 
Joshua's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Monkey Tilt
Posts: 279
Re: Simple GTO Trainer (Free Software) -- Practice GTO with customized drills and vs AI games

Quote:
Originally Posted by swc123 View Post
Interesting! This may help us get to the bottom of it, thanks!
Everything suddenly seems to work fine for me without using the workaround I mentioned.
Not completely sure if the workaround helped or if it was just a coincidence.
I'll let you know if the bug appears again for me.
Joshua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 12:57 PM   #47
swc123
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 431
Re: Simple GTO Trainer (Free Software) -- Practice GTO with customized drills and vs AI games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua View Post
Everything suddenly seems to work fine for me without using the workaround I mentioned.
Not completely sure if the workaround helped or if it was just a coincidence.
I'll let you know if the bug appears again for me.
Great to hear it's working although I wish the exact cause was known Definitely keep me posted if you have issues in the future.

Good luck!
swc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 01:05 PM   #48
samooth
veteran
 
samooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: gutrotting
Posts: 3,240
Re: Simple GTO Trainer (Free Software) -- Practice GTO with customized drills and vs AI games

Quote:
Originally Posted by swc123 View Post
Regarding the accuracy settings, it uses the values in the settings.accuracy pio config file, which I believe is what the PioViewer UI writes to / reads from,
(I am not 100% sure).
That's correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swc123 View Post
Regarding the crashing after 10-15 hands, my best guess currently is that perhaps one of the files in the folder was calced with a different pio engine and that that is the issue but I'm not sure. Would you mind adding me on skype: pokertarath (I feel like you might have me already but I can't remember your skype name) and pinging me and I can get you in touch with the devs to help isolate the problem.
All files are solved with the same solver, but that gave me a good hint: I had the script in both folders; since I removed it the trainer is running smoothly, so it seems that the crash is triggered by the software trying to read a non-cfr file. Thanks, I will add you on skype. Cheers
samooth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 01:56 PM   #49
swc123
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 431
Re: Simple GTO Trainer (Free Software) -- Practice GTO with customized drills and vs AI games

Quote:
Originally Posted by samooth View Post
That's correct.



All files are solved with the same solver, but that gave me a good hint: I had the script in both folders; since I removed it the trainer is running smoothly, so it seems that the crash is triggered by the software trying to read a non-cfr file. Thanks, I will add you on skype. Cheers
Ah yes, it is important that only solution files are in the folder, that would explain it!

The trainer *should* ignore files that do not have either SPF or Pio extensions. What is the extension on the script file?
swc123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2017, 02:01 PM   #50
samooth
veteran
 
samooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: gutrotting
Posts: 3,240
Re: Simple GTO Trainer (Free Software) -- Practice GTO with customized drills and vs AI games

Quote:
Originally Posted by swc123 View Post
What is the extension on the script file?
Scripts are in .txt format, my other folder contained an .xlsx. It works on both comps now after removing those files from the folder. BTW, when selecting the solution directory the software doesn't recognize the cfr files, the folder with the solutions appears empty in the explorer window (uploading works nontheless).
samooth is online now   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online