Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Free Software Discussion of Free / Freeware / Donationware / Open Source poker software and Free Graphics mods

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2008, 08:11 PM   #376
steffen123
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 251
Re: New Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (Alpha5 inc. HUD) - 26-Sept-

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomoDaK View Post
This is great, great to see some open source poker software finally . I'll download soon and give it a whirl. Any idea when the HUD will be working for SNGs? I'm willing to play cash to help test it out, but it'd be nice if I could use it in a form of poker I'm actually good at
I think this is mostly down to me, I need to fix a few importer fails as currently it just fails on too many files to justify the work required for making the HUD work on it. I don't know how much time I'll be able to spend on alpha6 (scheduled for 1-2 weeks from alpha5) mostly due to having to find new gainful employment

Cheers, Steffen

PS: Probably won't post or respond to mails again until Tue or Wed
steffen123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 10:12 PM   #377
steffen123
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 251
Re: New Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (Alpha5 inc. HUD) - 26-Sept-

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffen123 View Post
Well, I wasn't going to update tv again, but if people really want it I guess I'll see if I can fix the stud problem reasonably quickly. You should have an error-log.txt (or sth similiarly named) in the pyfpdb folder - can you pls email me that to steffen(at)sycamoretest.info.
The exact filename is: fpdb-error.log

Cheers, Steffen

PS: Probably won't post or respond to mails again until Tue or Wed or so
steffen123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 12:22 AM   #378
GrindUnumb
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,359
Re: New Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (Alpha5 inc. HUD) - 26-Sept-

If having hand histories from the Stars Mixed 8-Game would help you add mixed games and triple draw, let me know & I can send several.
GrindUnumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:09 AM   #379
hanuman
stranger
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 5
Re: New Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (Alpha5 inc. HUD) - 26-Sept-

Hi,
I'm new to linux (Ubuntu 8.04) and need a bit of help, having discovered that I can't get PokerOffice to work. So, I downloaded FPDB and unpacked it. How do I get it to run and is there some kind of doc that came with the package that explains all this to me? Thanks.
hanuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:47 AM   #380
disco_stu1978
old hand
 
disco_stu1978's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Looking for games in Vic BC. PM me.
Posts: 1,259
Re: New Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (Alpha5 inc. HUD) - 26-Sept-

step 31.

not too sure what this means, I know it is simple, but I am lost. I nned a dumb down version, if that is possible..... sigh


Copy the file "default.conf" from the docs folder of your fpdb git to the directory C:\%homepath%\Application Data\fpdb\.

I know where to copy the .conf and have done so.....but where do I paste it?

oh man, i just scrolled down and saw how close i am.......

Last edited by disco_stu1978; 09-28-2008 at 11:53 AM.
disco_stu1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:48 AM   #381
disco_stu1978
old hand
 
disco_stu1978's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Looking for games in Vic BC. PM me.
Posts: 1,259
Re: New Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (Alpha5 inc. HUD) - 26-Sept-

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanuman View Post
Hi,
I'm new to linux (Ubuntu 8.04) and need a bit of help, having discovered that I can't get PokerOffice to work. So, I downloaded FPDB and unpacked it. How do I get it to run and is there some kind of doc that came with the package that explains all this to me? Thanks.

nm, you're using linux.
disco_stu1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:52 AM   #382
fnord_too
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
fnord_too's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Value Town
Posts: 28,834
Re: New Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (Alpha4 inc. HUD) - 18-Sept-

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffen123 View Post
Then your default.conf needs to be in C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\fpdb\default.conf
Replace "Username" with your actual Windows user name. The Application Data folder should already exist, but may not be shown as by default it is hidden. But if the homepath variable is missing there might be sth wrong with your Windows.
This was the answer I got to this question for XP.
fnord_too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 12:06 PM   #383
disco_stu1978
old hand
 
disco_stu1978's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Looking for games in Vic BC. PM me.
Posts: 1,259
Re: New Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (Alpha4 inc. HUD) - 18-Sept-

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnord_too View Post
This was the answer I got to this question for XP.
hmmm, mine is not in there. it could be hidden though? how do we un hide it?

edit: this will eventually be liberating
disco_stu1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 12:14 PM   #384
disco_stu1978
old hand
 
disco_stu1978's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Looking for games in Vic BC. PM me.
Posts: 1,259
Re: New Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (Alpha5 inc. HUD) - 26-Sept-

nm, tytyty. i figured it out.

To view hidden files, on the Tools menu in any folder window, click Folder Options. On the View tab, under Advanced settings, select Show hidden files and folders.
disco_stu1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 12:54 PM   #385
Eratosthenes
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,535
Re: New Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (Alpha5 inc. HUD) - 26-Sept-

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanuman View Post
Hi,
I'm new to linux (Ubuntu 8.04) and need a bit of help, having discovered that I can't get PokerOffice to work. So, I downloaded FPDB and unpacked it. How do I get it to run and is there some kind of doc that came with the package that explains all this to me? Thanks.
I don't know exactly how new you are, sorry if I am making it too simple. To install the packages that fpdb needs to run, you need to know how to use your package manager. You are probably set up to use apt-get, synaptics, or aptitude. If you don't know how to install packages with these, you need to go to the Ubuntu forums and read up on how to use these. This is not just for fpdb, but also to keep your Ubuntu system up-to-date and to install new software and to maintain your sanity.

The online documents (such as they are) are here. There are also documents in the docs folder where you unpacked the release. One of those is install-in-ubuntu.txt. This gives an outline of how to install in Ubuntu.

install-in-ubuntu.txt takes you through a detailed installation and configuration of mysql. Do this first. Then install the python modules you need.

A quick way to figure out what python modules you need to install is to start an interactive python session and try to import the modules you need. You would just open a terminal and type python and enter. Then try to import the various modules at the >>> prompt. Here is what that looks like on my Fedora box:
Code:
$ python
Python 2.5.1 (r251:54863, Jun 15 2008, 18:24:51) 
[GCC 4.3.0 20080428 (Red Hat 4.3.0-8)] on linux2
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import pyfarts
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named pyfarts
>>> # That is what an import error looks like, you should not get it when importing a real module
... 
>>> import pygtk
>>> import gtk
>>> import gobject
>>> import pango
>>> # If you get an import failure from one of those 4 imports something is wrong with your pygtk installation
... 
>>> import MySQLdb
>>> import psycopg2
>>> # those are the database interfaces for mysql and postgresql respectively, you need them both
... #
... 
>>>
Hope that helped.
Eratosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 01:24 PM   #386
disco_stu1978
old hand
 
disco_stu1978's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Looking for games in Vic BC. PM me.
Posts: 1,259
Re: New Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (Alpha5 inc. HUD) - 26-Sept-

So I read through most of the last two pages (200 posts) and the issue I am having (as did a few others) never really seemed to be concluded.

I have everything Dl'd and installed (I hope) I DC the fpdb.py file, and get a command box.

It spews a little bit of text then closes before I get a chance to read it.

Here is the error log file

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Valued Customer\Application Data\fpdb\pyfpdb\fpdb.py", line 505, in <module>
    me = fpdb()
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Valued Customer\Application Data\fpdb\pyfpdb\fpdb.py", line 418, in __init__
    self.load_default_profile()
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Valued Customer\Application Data\fpdb\pyfpdb\fpdb.py", line 250, in load_default_profile
    self.load_profile(defaultpath)
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Valued Customer\Application Data\fpdb\pyfpdb\fpdb.py", line 328, in load_profile
    self.db.connect(self.settings['db-backend'], self.settings['db-host'], self.settings['db-databaseName'], self.settings['db-user'], self.settings['db-password'])
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Valued Customer\Application Data\fpdb\pyfpdb\fpdb_db.py", line 40, in connect
    self.db=MySQLdb.connect(host = host, user = user, passwd = password, db = database)
  File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\MySQLdb\__init__.py", line 74, in Connect
    return Connection(*args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\MySQLdb\connections.py", line 170, in __init__
    super(Connection, self).__init__(*args, **kwargs2)
_mysql_exceptions.OperationalError: (1045, "Access denied for user 'fpdb'@'localhost' (using password: YES)")
I run win XP.

mysql is started

not sure what other info I have. what was the solution to this problem?

also I have changed the password in the config and the hud config
disco_stu1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 02:09 PM   #387
Eratosthenes
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,535
Re: New Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (Alpha5 inc. HUD) - 26-Sept-

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco_stu1978 View Post
So I read through most of the last two pages (200 posts) and the issue I am having (as did a few others) never really seemed to be concluded.

I have everything Dl'd and installed (I hope) I DC the fpdb.py file, and get a command box.

It spews a little bit of text then closes before I get a chance to read it.

Here is the error log file

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Valued Customer\Application Data\fpdb\pyfpdb\fpdb.py", line 505, in <module>
    me = fpdb()
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Valued Customer\Application Data\fpdb\pyfpdb\fpdb.py", line 418, in __init__
    self.load_default_profile()
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Valued Customer\Application Data\fpdb\pyfpdb\fpdb.py", line 250, in load_default_profile
    self.load_profile(defaultpath)
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Valued Customer\Application Data\fpdb\pyfpdb\fpdb.py", line 328, in load_profile
    self.db.connect(self.settings['db-backend'], self.settings['db-host'], self.settings['db-databaseName'], self.settings['db-user'], self.settings['db-password'])
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Valued Customer\Application Data\fpdb\pyfpdb\fpdb_db.py", line 40, in connect
    self.db=MySQLdb.connect(host = host, user = user, passwd = password, db = database)
  File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\MySQLdb\__init__.py", line 74, in Connect
    return Connection(*args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\MySQLdb\connections.py", line 170, in __init__
    super(Connection, self).__init__(*args, **kwargs2)
_mysql_exceptions.OperationalError: (1045, "Access denied for user 'fpdb'@'localhost' (using password: YES)")
I run win XP.

mysql is started

not sure what other info I have. what was the solution to this problem?

also I have changed the password in the config and the hud config
My mysql errors cheat sheet says that a 1045 error is a bad username or password. That indicates that one or both of the db-user or db-password in your default.conf doesn't match what you set up when you were doing that "GRANT ALL" stuff in the mysql setup.
Eratosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 03:22 PM   #388
disco_stu1978
old hand
 
disco_stu1978's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Looking for games in Vic BC. PM me.
Posts: 1,259
Re: New Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (Alpha5 inc. HUD) - 26-Sept-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratosthenes View Post
My mysql errors cheat sheet says that a 1045 error is a bad username or password. That indicates that one or both of the db-user or db-password in your default.conf doesn't match what you set up when you were doing that "GRANT ALL" stuff in the mysql setup.
hmmm, there where only two passwords I created during the whole process, and only one database (as far as I know....I just completed the 32 step guide only)

I have used both passwords and still bubkiss.

I am not too sure if this is the right error log though, as the one that flashes on the command screen is a lot smaller. And I thought I caught a glimpse of the word failure....not too sure though.

maybe create a new database with a new password? if so......the obvious I suppose....how?
disco_stu1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 04:54 PM   #389
Shininggg
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 24
Re: New Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (Alpha5 inc. HUD) - 26-Sept-

Hi i'm currently using Ubuntu (8.04) Linux and alpha 5 works well but i wanna use the graph option and i can't get it to work...

in the console i did

sudo apt-get install python-numpy

sudo apt-get install python-matplotlib-data

still it says in the console that i 'm missing either numpy or matplotlib when trying to plot the graph...

EDIT: found out in the Ubuntu forum that matliplot cannot install because it depends on python2.5

"Python2.5 version 2.5.2-2ubuntu5 has been available for testing in hardy-proposed for some time. Now it has been removed again, as the tests were not successful or incomplete. Therefore, python2.5-dev of the same version is not available anymore. Apparently, you have that python2.5 version installed.
To solve the problem, you need to downgrade python2.5 to the normal available version:

now can i downgrade without problem and have fpdb to work correctly?

REEDIT: downgrading has solved the problem for me just type in the console :

sudo apt-get install python2.5-minimal=2.5.2-2ubuntu4 python2.5=2.5.2-2ubuntu4 (all in one line)

then
sudo apt-get install python2.5-dev
sudo apt-get install python-matplotlib

there you go

Last edited by Shininggg; 09-28-2008 at 05:13 PM.
Shininggg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:50 AM   #390
steffen123
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 251
Re: New Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (Alpha5 inc. HUD) - 26-Sept-

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco_stu1978 View Post
hmmm, there where only two passwords I created during the whole process, and only one database (as far as I know....I just completed the 32 step guide only)

I have used both passwords and still bubkiss.

I am not too sure if this is the right error log though, as the one that flashes on the command screen is a lot smaller. And I thought I caught a glimpse of the word failure....not too sure though.

maybe create a new database with a new password? if so......the obvious I suppose....how?
Hi,
Try this:

mysql --user=root --password=YourMysqlRootPw
exit;

If that works, try this:
mysql --user=fpdb --password=YourMysqlFpdbPw
use fpdb;
show tables;

it should now display the tables - Settings, Hands, HandsPlayers, HandsActions, ......

exit;

See if that works. It's normal that the error log file and the command line output have different length btw, as the log file only captures major errors (uncaught exceptions), whilst the command line mostly displays status information.
steffen123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:51 AM   #391
steffen123
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 251
Re: New Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (Alpha5 inc. HUD) - 26-Sept-

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrindUnumb View Post
If having hand histories from the Stars Mixed 8-Game would help you add mixed games and triple draw, let me know & I can send several.
Cheers, I got quite a few so that's not a problem, just need to find the time to implement it
steffen123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 02:43 PM   #392
GrindUnumb
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,359
Re: New Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (Alpha5 inc. HUD) - 26-Sept-

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffen123 View Post
Cheers, I got quite a few so that's not a problem, just need to find the time to implement it
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrindUnumb View Post
If having hand histories from the Stars Mixed 8-Game would help you add mixed games and triple draw, let me know & I can send several.
Excellent! I am looking forward to that!
GrindUnumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:06 PM   #393
The Icon
adept
 
The Icon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 877
Re: New Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (Alpha5 inc. HUD) - 26-Sept-

is this usable in OSX yet?
The Icon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:58 PM   #394
disco_stu1978
old hand
 
disco_stu1978's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Looking for games in Vic BC. PM me.
Posts: 1,259
Re: New Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (Alpha5 inc. HUD) - 26-Sept-

Quote:
Originally Posted by steffen123 View Post
Hi,
Try this:

mysql --user=root --password=YourMysqlRootPw
exit;

If that works, try this:
mysql --user=fpdb --password=YourMysqlFpdbPw
use fpdb;
show tables;
where am I writing this? in the command promt? and is it verbatum?
disco_stu1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 11:25 PM   #395
Eratosthenes
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,535
Re: New Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (Alpha5 inc. HUD) - 26-Sept-

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco_stu1978 View Post
where am I writing this? in the command promt? and is it verbatum?
Steffen means for you type this at the command prompt. Put your root/user passwords in the indicated spots. This only works if the mysql setup sets the path properly and I'm not sure it does for windows. In which case you need to fully specify the path to mysql.
Eratosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 03:21 AM   #396
Eleatic Stranger
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 292
Re: New Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (Alpha5 inc. HUD) - 26-Sept-

I've been motivated by this useful piece of software to register, so that I can report having tried the software successfully. I'm looking forward to further development.

I've installed fpdb on Ubuntu Linux and tested it with NL cash games ($50 NL) on Pokerstars (running under Wine). Everything seems to work as advertised. (I am using MySQL.) Congratulations on a nice piece of work. It's very useful to have a tracker that runs natively on Linux.

I have used the HUD and the table viewer, though not the graphs. It is the HUD I am most interested in, as I have never used Pokertracker or the like and am afraid I have been denying myself vital information about my opponents. It seems very usable already (except with cascading or stacked tables). Obviously I can't compare it with "real" results from the PT HUD, but all the statistics (VPIP etc.) look reasonable and consistent. I look forward to later versions of the software as the project progresses.
Eleatic Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 12:05 PM   #397
steffen123
journeyman
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 251
Re: New Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (Alpha5 inc. HUD) - 26-Sept-

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Icon View Post
is this usable in OSX yet?
Yes and No. Or, in poker speak, "it depends"
Fpdb should work fine and I've had a couple of people report that they used it successfully, however installing fpdb's dependencies is a challenge since Apple purposely make your life harder by withholding the software management utility from the default install
If you wanna give it a go, get MacPorts first, then use that to install the dependencies as listed on our webpage (http://fpdb.****************).
steffen123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 04:52 PM   #398
sugoi
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 25
Re: New Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (Alpha5 inc. HUD) - 26-Sept-

In alpha5 there are no signs of the hud to be working. The problem must be here:
Code:
Failed to load libs for graphing, graphing will not function. Please install num
py and matplotlib.
I didn't use the installer but in alpha4 i could see the hud's windows.
sugoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 05:38 PM   #399
bloc1
stranger
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1
Re: New Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (Alpha5 inc. HUD) - 26-Sept-

Awesome stuff, it looks sweet! I've got one worry though - for every hand ive imported there are about 17 database records added in handsactions (on average, though I've only imported a TINY 144 hands haha!), which means that if some of the more experienced guys import their hundreds of thousands of hands there will be a few million records - is this is sustainable?

Will try and help at all if I can, I dont know how to program python at all but had to learn php & mysql for work. Should be ok to adapt. Also, just if I try to help, how are the databases organised - hands & their actions?
bloc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:29 PM   #400
Eratosthenes
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,535
Re: New Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (Alpha5 inc. HUD) - 26-Sept-

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugoi View Post
In alpha5 there are no signs of the hud to be working. The problem must be here:
Code:
Failed to load libs for graphing, graphing will not function. Please install num
py and matplotlib.
I didn't use the installer but in alpha4 i could see the hud's windows.
That error will not prevent the HUD from running. With alpha5 both the HUD and fpdb print error messages and warnings to log files. On my system those files are:

fpdb-error.log
HUD-error.txt

Those files should be in the folder where you started fpdb. So if the HUD is not opening there should be a (possibly helpful) error message in HUD-error.txt.
Eratosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online