Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Free Software Discussion of Free / Freeware / Donationware / Open Source poker software and Free Graphics mods

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2010, 11:30 AM   #2626
El helado Patata
grinder
 
El helado Patata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 651
Re: Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (v 0.11.2-bug fixes) - 03-JUL-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorrow View Post
test1.py and test2.py both exist in the pyfpdb/ directory of the latest snapshot.

I recommend supplying a user and password that only has access to that database you created, or there is potential (however unlikely) that fpdb could access/conflict with the HEM/PT3 database.

Sorrow.
How do you setup a password for each database :S? In HM you only setup a postgrespassword, not a database-password :S?
El helado Patata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:37 AM   #2627
h3r34dalootty
centurion
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 108
Re: Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (v 0.11.2-bug fixes) - 03-JUL-2009

WOW currently have it uploading hands.. cant wait..

how do i get the HUD up and running? its functional yah?

trying to get threw this step by step like a babys first steps. sorry for all the questions.
h3r34dalootty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:04 PM   #2628
ekdikeo
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,308
Re: Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (v 0.11.2-bug fixes) - 03-JUL-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by El helado Patata View Post
The snapshots doesnt contain any zip-files? Tar.gz doesnt work for windows if you dont install 3rd party software.

EDIT: I assume that tar.gz is some hardcore programmer zipmethod that is technically better then zip/rar but the best packing-method is not the one with the best packing, is the one easiest to use (that we all have and that needs no 3rd party installing). I hate when people use strange formats for images like .DAA when there is .ISO and .BIN that is compatible with everything.
tar has been around since 1979 .. and DAA is a compressed ISO format with a bunch of extra features as well. although that one is proprietary.

side note:

Everleaf PLO tournies are not working, I thought they would, but I didn't have the opportunity to test them before. Just got one tested, and it's not working. They run so infrequently, it may take some time to get it running and perfected.
ekdikeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:05 PM   #2629
ekdikeo
old hand
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,308
Re: Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (v 0.11.2-bug fixes) - 03-JUL-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by h3r34dalootty View Post
WOW currently have it uploading hands.. cant wait..

how do i get the HUD up and running? its functional yah?

trying to get threw this step by step like a babys first steps. sorry for all the questions.
auto-import->start autoimport
ekdikeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:12 PM   #2630
El helado Patata
grinder
 
El helado Patata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 651
Re: Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (v 0.11.2-bug fixes) - 03-JUL-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekdikeo View Post
tar has been around since 1979 .. and DAA is a compressed ISO format with a bunch of extra features as well. although that one is proprietary.

side note:

Everleaf PLO tournies are not working, I thought they would, but I didn't have the opportunity to test them before. Just got one tested, and it's not working. They run so infrequently, it may take some time to get it running and perfected.
What has time to do with usability/how much it is spread? I dunno how long linux been around (okay wiki says 1983) but still I assume that less then 2% of all computerowners have it as their OS.
El helado Patata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:14 PM   #2631
sorrow
old hand
 
sorrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 1,531
Re: Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (v 0.11.2-bug fixes) - 03-JUL-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by El helado Patata View Post
The snapshots doesnt contain any zip-files? Tar.gz doesnt work for windows if you dont install 3rd party software.

EDIT: I assume that tar.gz is some hardcore programmer zipmethod that is technically better then zip/rar but the best packing-method is not the one with the best packing, is the one easiest to use (that we all have and that needs no 3rd party installing). I hate when people use strange formats for images like .DAA when there is .ISO and .BIN that is compatible with everything.
Ease up tiger.

Under linux - by default I dont have zip, should I get annoyed too? The tar gzip combo are standard unix utilities, used by a high percentage of fpdb users, and for the vast majority of open source software.[1]

All the previous snapshots i've released in this format, you are the first to get uppity and complain... then redistribute the file??

I might suggest that getting snippy with a guy volunteering his time in development and support here is probably not the best strategy to get help.

The winzip and winrar both support the format without issues, as to a bunch of other utilities including the gzip and tar projects themselves.

Sorrow

[1] Both formats predate zip by a few years, and i'll never understand why windows doesn't ship with it.
sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:23 PM   #2632
h3r34dalootty
centurion
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 108
Re: Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (v 0.11.2-bug fixes) - 03-JUL-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekdikeo View Post
auto-import->start autoimport
so little HUD main window pops up, but i dont get any actual HUD going..

i also dont remember and havent set up my screen name in the database nor the HUD (stats and such to display) at all yet, how/where do i do that?
h3r34dalootty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:25 PM   #2633
El helado Patata
grinder
 
El helado Patata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 651
Re: Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (v 0.11.2-bug fixes) - 03-JUL-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorrow View Post
Ease up tiger.

Under linux - by default I dont have zip, should I get annoyed too? The tar gzip combo are standard unix utilities, used by a high percentage of fpdb users, and for the vast majority of open source software.[1]

All the previous snapshots i've released in this format, you are the first to get uppity and complain... then redistribute the file??

I might suggest that getting snippy with a guy volunteering his time in development and support here is probably not the best strategy to get help.

The winzip and winrar both support the format without issues, as to a bunch of other utilities including the gzip and tar projects themselves.

Sorrow

[1] Both formats predate zip by a few years, and i'll never understand why windows doesn't ship with it.
Sorry dude. I realized that my last few post was kinda negative ones and I apologize. Got real tilted yesterday but obviously it is not your fault and even thou I think the most commonly used formats should be used, it is still my problem and 100% your choice.

Kudos to your help, your free software and everything. I will not be as annoying now in the future.

If you are still okay with helping me then what do you say about the postgres-passwords? They are not DB-specific right, just one main password? So the fpdb-pass in the HUD_config_xml should be the postgrespass?
El helado Patata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:30 PM   #2634
Banzai
veteran
 
Banzai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Razzville
Posts: 2,294
Re: Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (v 0.11.2-bug fixes) - 03-JUL-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by h3r34dalootty View Post
so little HUD main window pops up, but i dont get any actual HUD going..

i also dont remember and havent set up my screen name in the database nor the HUD (stats and such to display) at all yet, how/where do i do that?
You need to edit the file hud_config.xml there are many references to doing that in this thread.

You need to edit it for:

Site screenames

HH locations

db password

Good Luck
Banzai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:31 PM   #2635
sorrow
old hand
 
sorrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 1,531
Re: Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (v 0.11.2-bug fixes) - 03-JUL-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by h3r34dalootty View Post
so little HUD main window pops up, but i dont get any actual HUD going..

i also dont remember and havent set up my screen name in the database nor the HUD (stats and such to display) at all yet, how/where do i do that?
A couple of ways, but editing the config file directly is probably the easiest way at the moment.

You are looking for:
HH_path="C:/Program Files/PokerStars/HandHistory/YOUR SCREEN NAME HERE/"

Sorrow
sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:45 PM   #2636
sorrow
old hand
 
sorrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 1,531
Re: Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (v 0.11.2-bug fixes) - 03-JUL-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by El helado Patata View Post
what do you say about the postgres-passwords? They are not DB-specific right, just one main password? So the fpdb-pass in the HUD_config_xml should be the postgrespass?
Postgres should have two layers of passwords. The first to access the database server, create databases(aka schemas), users and set permissions for those users to create tables within a schema.

Fpdb needs a schema, and a user/password comba to access the schema so it can create tables.

I have no idea how HEM sets things up though.

Sorrow
sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:46 PM   #2637
1meandog4u
old hand
 
1meandog4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ontario, CA (California not Canada)
Posts: 1,286
Re: Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (v 0.11.2-bug fixes) - 03-JUL-2009

Here's the results for a large 500K hands, 1 gig of data,.....

It took it exactly three hours to "recreate" the database. I had nothing else running so as to allow full dedication of the cpu. That is a dual core processor, Intel, on Windows.

Bulk Importing... forget it! I threw 1000 HH files in a blank directory. It didn't like that and locked up. Had to shut down by closing the program. BTW, are you developers aware that there is NO way to stop the bulk importer manually, at least that I know of. Anyway, once I got it down to about 50 files at a time, it would do fine. Average hand speed was about 18 hands/sec. Best was 23hands/sec, a couple were as low as 7hands/sec. I'm still doing it this morning. This is painful. I am NOT stopping and starting over with a new snapshot this morning... no way I'm wasting 7 hrs last night, and probably 4 or 5 to complete...

There's a reason I want to keep my large db which I don't need to go into here. The importer is not faster on this snapshot. I was getting between 10 and 20 HH/sec on the November version release, same here.

Dog (Tired Dog)
1meandog4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:05 PM   #2638
sorrow
old hand
 
sorrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 1,531
Re: Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (v 0.11.2-bug fixes) - 03-JUL-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1meandog4u View Post
Here's the results for a large 500K hands, 1 gig of data,.....

It took it exactly three hours to "recreate" the database. I had nothing else running so as to allow full dedication of the cpu. That is a dual core processor, Intel, on Windows.
Ping me via email and i'll run you through dropping and recreating the database manually. Its a 2 minute job that way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1meandog4u View Post
Bulk Importing... forget it! I threw 1000 HH files in a blank directory.
Mea culpa - those aren't supposed to be created. Good news though - 1000 files imported before a crash.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1meandog4u View Post
It didn't like that and locked up. Had to shut down by closing the program. BTW, are you developers aware that there is NO way to stop the bulk importer manually, at least that I know of.
No there isn't at the moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1meandog4u View Post
Anyway, once I got it down to about 50 files at a time, it would do fine. Average hand speed was about 18 hands/sec. Best was 23hands/sec, a couple were as low as 7hands/sec.
That is _very_ slow, something wrong slow.

My last import file on a blank database was 18955 hands 191 seconds - 99/sec

Send me an email and i'll try and i'll see if I can diagnose.

Sorrow.
sorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:53 PM   #2639
1meandog4u
old hand
 
1meandog4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ontario, CA (California not Canada)
Posts: 1,286
Re: Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (v 0.11.2-bug fixes) - 03-JUL-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorrow View Post
Ping me via email and i'll run you through dropping and recreating the database manually. Its a 2 minute job that way.
Will do... getting frustrated and can't make it work.

Quote:
Good news though - 1000 files imported before a crash.
no... that was bad news. It ran nearly two hours THEN it locked up. I had no way of knowing what, if any, files were imported. Had to start from scratch. It "may" have something to do with my HH's. I'll send one file when I email, so you can see if that is the problem.... please say it isn't that...

Quote:
That is _very_ slow, something wrong slow.

My last import file on a blank database was 18955 hands 191 seconds - 99/sec
I would kill for that speed. My last "batch" of 15 files just finished... 14 hands/sec

Dog
1meandog4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 02:55 PM   #2640
El helado Patata
grinder
 
El helado Patata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 651
Re: Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (v 0.11.2-bug fixes) - 03-JUL-2009

Yeay! I got it working on my non-poker homecomputer with mysql . And the HUD as well . Now I will try some stuff and probably will ask you a lot of questions.

Like why it doesnt remember the tablewidth/height every time I press "Refresh" on player stats. Is it meant to be that way? I only see one row with "NL Holdem" and I have to increase so I see all games every time.
El helado Patata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:19 PM   #2641
El helado Patata
grinder
 
El helado Patata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 651
Re: Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (v 0.11.2-bug fixes) - 03-JUL-2009

How do I see how I am doing in all the games? I play at stars in the 7game mix and I dont see any stud-stats :S?
El helado Patata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:31 PM   #2642
Eratosthenes
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,535
Re: Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (v 0.11.2-bug fixes) - 03-JUL-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by El helado Patata View Post
How do I see how I am doing in all the games? I play at stars in the 7game mix and I dont see any stud-stats :S?
The HUD doesn't work for mixed games yet. Now that all the games are imported correctly, it should not be hard to get the HUD to do mixed games. We have to program it to notice when the game has changed.

You should see stats for all your games in the players stats window (viewer menu, select player stats). The stats for the games other than HO are probably not ready for prime time.
Eratosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 03:39 PM   #2643
El helado Patata
grinder
 
El helado Patata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 651
Re: Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (v 0.11.2-bug fixes) - 03-JUL-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratosthenes View Post
The HUD doesn't work for mixed games yet. Now that all the games are imported correctly, it should not be hard to get the HUD to do mixed games. We have to program it to notice when the game has changed.

You should see stats for all your games in the players stats window (viewer menu, select player stats). The stats for the games other than HO are probably not ready for prime time.
I already have purchased Holdem Manager proffesional Omaha+HE so if I cannot see any stats for the other games then its not that much use for me :S? I thought this tracking was mainly for the mixed-games players. I am only interested in see how I am doing in like Hands+profit, dont need anything advanced.
El helado Patata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 05:21 PM   #2644
h3r34dalootty
centurion
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 108
Re: Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (v 0.11.2-bug fixes) - 03-JUL-2009

well i open hud-config.xml and its a long code written on a explorer window.. what and how do i use that to get a hud going?
h3r34dalootty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:23 PM   #2645
Eratosthenes
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,535
Re: Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (v 0.11.2-bug fixes) - 03-JUL-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by El helado Patata View Post
I already have purchased Holdem Manager proffesional Omaha+HE so if I cannot see any stats for the other games then its not that much use for me :S? I thought this tracking was mainly for the mixed-games players. I am only interested in see how I am doing in like Hands+profit, dont need anything advanced.
You should bulk import some of the hh files. Then results should show up in the player view viewer (viewers menu).
Eratosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:26 PM   #2646
Eratosthenes
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,535
Re: Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (v 0.11.2-bug fixes) - 03-JUL-2009

Somebody asked how to manually start mysql:
same for postgresql, if that was asked.

in XP:

control panel -> Performance and Maintenance -> Administrative Tools -> Services
select mysql and click start or restart
Eratosthenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 01:56 AM   #2647
Eleatic Stranger
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 292
Re: Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (v 0.11.2-bug fixes) - 03-JUL-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by h3r34dalootty View Post
well i open hud-config.xml and its a long code written on a explorer window.. what and how do i use that to get a hud going?
I assume the problem is that you can't edit the file. You need to open this file with Notepad so that you can edit it.

See also these instructions. They are (I think) a bit confusing and do not go into detail about all the possible settings, but they should at least tell you how to make the HUD appear. It can be customised to a high degree, so you unfortunately have to find things out by trial and error, by making changes to the file and then trying them out to see what they do.
Eleatic Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 04:33 AM   #2648
h3r34dalootty
centurion
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Colorado
Posts: 108
Re: Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (v 0.11.2-bug fixes) - 03-JUL-2009

i give up this is too much, i've spent probly 6 hours trying to get this program running with no success.

Great idea but poorly put together / planned.
h3r34dalootty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 08:37 AM   #2649
hengst
stranger
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 7
Re: Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (v 0.11.2-bug fixes) - 03-JUL-2009

I'm pretty happy with the latest .deb file!

Everything is working, bulk-import is around 90/s.
Just had to recreate tables as told and fix a litte error at first start, because I had no log dir in .fpdb:

Code:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/home/hengst/.fpdb/log/fpdb-errors.txt'
Works like a charm!
hengst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:23 AM   #2650
El helado Patata
grinder
 
El helado Patata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 651
Re: Free/open source poker tracking software: FPDB - (v 0.11.2-bug fixes) - 03-JUL-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratosthenes View Post
You should bulk import some of the hh files. Then results should show up in the player view viewer (viewers menu).
On v0.12 it does not exist a players a players view :S? Player stats, Player details only.

Now the hands where listed! Yeay! Before it was only HE+Omaha even thou I played and autoimported all games.
El helado Patata is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online