Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > > >

Notices

Free Software Discussion of Free / Freeware / Donationware / Open Source poker software and Free Graphics mods

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2006, 11:11 AM   #676
jukofyork
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
jukofyork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 11,364
Re: FPHG available

Quote:
Quote:
Well it's obviously not an FPHG error,

"The database you have choosen to import the observed hand histories into could not be found."

DATABASE, thus something with your PT set-up, NOT anything to do with FPHG at all.
I'm sorry. I did not mean to imply that it was.
Does this seem a sensible question to send to Party Poker:

"I can't seem to import the hand history files, saved by FPHG from your application's memory, into PokerTracker. Can you help?"

Yet almost everyday I get asked:

"I can't seem to import the hand history files, saved by FPHG from the Party Poker client's memory, into PokerTracker. Can you help?"

Juk
jukofyork is offline  
Old 09-11-2006, 11:26 AM   #677
Ricks
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,730
Re: FPHG available

I was having a problem with PT importing hands using FPHG and I found, what I thought, was a simple solution. I made the post here to try and help anyone that may be having the same problem. My only question was whether my solution may be problematic.

I understand your frustration with endless questions about importing these hands and I apologize if I have added to that. I also hope that you understand that it was not my intention to do so.
Ricks is offline  
Old 09-11-2006, 12:08 PM   #678
jukofyork
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
jukofyork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 11,364
Re: FPHG available

Quote:
I was having a problem with PT importing hands using FPHG and I found, what I thought, was a simple solution. I made the post here to try and help anyone that may be having the same problem. My only question was whether my solution may be problematic.

I understand your frustration with endless questions about importing these hands and I apologize if I have added to that. I also hope that you understand that it was not my intention to do so.
Hey, np and since you were trying to help reduce the number of questions by posting a solution then I'm very grateful!

Juk
jukofyork is offline  
Old 09-11-2006, 01:01 PM   #679
Tk79
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,377
Re: FPHG available

Hey juk since were on the topic... Im having trouble vacuuming my mined database. I used to use FPHG for mining purposes. Can you help?

Just Kidding
Tk79 is offline  
Old 09-11-2006, 01:52 PM   #680
jukofyork
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
jukofyork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 11,364
Re: FPHG available

Quote:
Hey juk since were on the topic... Im having trouble vacuuming my mined database. I used to use FPHG for mining purposes. Can you help?

Just Kidding


Juk
jukofyork is offline  
Old 09-11-2006, 08:21 PM   #681
goodguy_1
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 3,803
Re: re: FreePHG & scheduled shut down?

Quote:
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can I use safemine instead of iWitness which has that annoying looping problem where it often will continue to search for tables and take my desktop hostage?


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Yep, but it's no where near as advanced as iWitness (ie: have to use PP own filters, etc).

thanks Juk I'll give it a shoot!
goodguy_1 is offline  
Old 09-12-2006, 12:48 PM   #682
cookie
Pooh-Bah
 
cookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Numbers in kilograms
Posts: 5,976
Re: re: FreePHG & scheduled shut down?

I cant save files as txt.

This is what it says in the runbat edit:
"@echo off
FreePHG.exe -p -2
freephg.exe -e txt"
I then open the runbat, not the exe, and the HHs is still HHF files.

Is this wrong? And how is it done right?
cookie is offline  
Old 09-12-2006, 01:19 PM   #683
jukofyork
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
jukofyork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 11,364
Re: re: FreePHG & scheduled shut down?

Quote:
I cant save files as txt.

This is what it says in the runbat edit:
"@echo off
FreePHG.exe -p -2
freephg.exe -e txt"
I then open the runbat, not the exe, and the HHs is still HHF files.

Is this wrong? And how is it done right?
@echo off
FreePHG.exe -p -2 -e txt


Juk
jukofyork is offline  
Old 09-12-2006, 02:27 PM   #684
cookie
Pooh-Bah
 
cookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Numbers in kilograms
Posts: 5,976
Re: re: FreePHG & scheduled shut down?

Thank you very much
cookie is offline  
Old 09-13-2006, 10:55 AM   #685
SugarHoofs
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 28
Re: re: FreePHG & scheduled shut down? -> SOLVED, mostly

Hi,

Okay, IF there is anyone else out there who was looking, like myself, for a way to schedule a shut down of FreePHG, I found a way.

There is a nifty little utility I found, for $9.99 USD called Power Shut Down that allows you to schedule many different aspects of shutting down/starting up software programs. I have tested it for many days and it does what it says, it automatically shuts down FreePHG at a specified time (my choice of use, being 1:31 a.m. each day, my timezone) or within a future number of hours or minutes. NOTE: I also e-mailed back/forth with them several times (they were very quick and responsive by-the-way) if there was a way to apply their scheduled shut down to PartyPoker but, PartyPoker is too much a pain since there is no normal File|Exit and the unknown length of time PP needs to properly shut down and archive the player Notes we make).

This shut down of FreePHG saves a lot of accumlating in PokerTracker of, I have found, a lot of players information and hand histories I do not need because those players are playing at different time periods than I ever will -- so why bother, in my opinion, to get hand histories for players I will never, or very rarely ever, run across, sucking up processing time and building huge PokerTracker dbases unnecessarily.

IF interested in knowing more about Power Shut Down for this or other related needs, go to http://www.snowportion.com/ and look for Power Shutdown.

Good luck!
SugarHoofs is offline  
Old 09-13-2006, 06:08 PM   #686
gr8vertical
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Lawrence, KS
Posts: 915
Re: re: FreePHG & scheduled shut down? -> SOLVED, mostly

Ok, I may be an idiot, but I don't how to type the -6max in the window to change it to on. I will be getting 6max NL hands from PartyPoker to put into PokerTracker. Any help would be great. Thanks
gr8vertical is offline  
Old 09-13-2006, 06:23 PM   #687
gr8vertical
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Lawrence, KS
Posts: 915
Re: re: FreePHG & scheduled shut down? -> SOLVED, mostly

Nevermind, I think I got it. I edit the batch file with the -6max. I hope this works

edit: one more dumb thing I just realized, I guess this doesn't matter because on the PT import screen I can just click treat all hands as 6max, correct?
gr8vertical is offline  
Old 09-13-2006, 11:31 PM   #688
Jefferds44
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 55
Re: re: FreePHG & scheduled shut down? -> SOLVED, mostly

Hi Juk,

First, thanks for the FreePHG utility. It's working great.

I had a quick question. (Please don't burn me if it's obvious, I've read 15 pages of the thread and I'm tired!).

Is there a way to have FPHG write the hand histories in a directory of choice? or does FPHG absolutely have to run in the HHF directory?

Thanks,

Jeff
Jefferds44 is offline  
Old 09-14-2006, 02:21 AM   #689
Jefferds44
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 55
Re: FPHG available

Hi Juk,

First, thanks for the FreePHG utility. It's working great.

I had a quick question. (Please don't burn me if it's obvious, I've read 15 pages of the thread and I'm tired!).

Is there a way to have FPHG write the hand histories in a directory of choice? or does FPHG absolutely have to run in the HHF directory?

Thanks,

Jeff
Jefferds44 is offline  
Old 09-19-2006, 07:41 AM   #690
glass_onion
grinder
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 591
3 real ?\'s

Ok I feel like a real idiot, since apparently no one else is having problems getting this up and running. But I feel like there needs to be a step by step. I've downloaded FPHG, have the window running and hands are being grabbed. However:
where are they being stored?
How do I access FPHG the 2nd and subseqent times I want to
run it?
Is there any trick to getting poker tracker to recongnize
these files, or is it as simple as 'configuring.'

Thanks alot, and let me know an email address if you'd like an neteller donation.
glass_onion is offline  
Old 09-19-2006, 01:32 PM   #691
xGREGORx
old hand
 
xGREGORx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,270
Re: 3 real ?\'s

Quote:
Ok I feel like a real idiot, since apparently no one else is having problems getting this up and running. But I feel like there needs to be a step by step. I've downloaded FPHG, have the window running and hands are being grabbed. However:
where are they being stored?
On my computer, they are going into the FPHG folder on my desktop since that is where the program is located as well.

Quote:
How do I access FPHG the 2nd and subseqent times I want to
run it?
I open the FPHG folder on my desktop and click on the program file in there. I close it when I'm done and open it again the same way later.

Quote:
Is there any trick to getting poker tracker to recongnize
these files, or is it as simple as 'configuring.'
I use the "lightning bolt" icon in PT (2nd or 3rd from left I think - I'm at work right now, so can't look). The first time I did it I had to "configure" it to look for the hand history files in my FPHG folder on my desktop. Now it knows the files are there every time. Somewhere in the "lightning bolt" icon window that opens you'll see a place to tell PT where the files are located.
xGREGORx is offline  
Old 09-20-2006, 09:19 AM   #692
HP
banned
 
HP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: DZ-015
Posts: 3,073
Re: 3 real ?\'s

Quote:
Ok I feel like a real idiot, since apparently no one else is having problems getting this up and running. But I feel like there needs to be a step by step. I've downloaded FPHG, have the window running and hands are being grabbed. However:
where are they being stored?
How do I access FPHG the 2nd and subseqent times I want to
run it?
Is there any trick to getting poker tracker to recongnize
these files, or is it as simple as 'configuring.'

Thanks alot, and let me know an email address if you'd like an neteller donation.
To run it again you have to find where on the computer the FreePHG.exe file is. Then just double click it.

I just today got this program, and I was in your boat for many hours up until a few minutes ago. I think I know what the deal is. I read most of this thread, but apologies in advance if this is being repeated:

The hands are stored in the same folder where you run FreePHG.exe from.

What you need to do to get Poker Tracker to recognize the hand histories (by no means obvious):

--------------------------------------------------------

You have to trick PT a bit to make this work.

Create a file called IntertopsPoker.exe in the same folder where FPHG is writting the observed hand history files to. All you have to do is simply open Notepad and do a Save As and give it this file name and tell it to save in the folder where FPHG is saving hands. This file just has to exist, nothing has to be in it.

In PT, open the File/Auto-Import Party and Affiliates Hand Histories window. Click the Program File Locations button. Click on the "Intertops" row and click the Browse button. Navigate to the folder where you put the EXE file you created and select it. Click OK to save all the changes.

Back on the auto-import window, click the Observed Hands tab and then uncheck the "Do not import observed hand histories now" box if it's currently selected.

Then just start the timer and it should begin loading these observed hands.

---------------------------------------------------------

The above instructions are copied and pasted from the poker tracker forum, pat wrote them. It works for me

link
HP is offline  
Old 09-23-2006, 05:53 AM   #693
HP
banned
 
HP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: DZ-015
Posts: 3,073
Re: 3 real ?\'s

glass onion, you seem to have set your 2+2 account to not accept pm's, So I will reply to your pm here

First I'll try to just show you how I've set it up with some pics, this seems easiest. If this doesn't work let me know

You need to have your dummy intertopspoker.exe file in the same folder as your FreePHG.exe file. It doesn't matter which folder you put them into, but they just need to be in the same folder, and you need to know where it is. Like so:



Then, you need to point pokertracker towards your intertopspoker.exe like so:



Then you open that file name, then click "OK" on the middle box, and you should be set
HP is offline  
Old 09-23-2006, 09:14 PM   #694
MrMoo
adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 768
Re: Steps required to use FPHG

Quote:

I just had 0.07b running for 5k hands, no troubles:

40 tables at a time:

10 user accounts, 4x party tables per acct, running DeMonster 1.2.2, SafeMine 3.0 (and of course FPHG 0.07b) on each acct

YMMV,

dave.
Dave,

Regarding the quoted section, are you running the 10 user accounts on one computer? Or one each in a virtual machine. Also, what kind of processor are you using? I'm curious to compare against my own stats.

I'm hitting about 40% on an Athlon 3800 X2 running 5 heavily stripped down VM's. Two vm's are mining 10 tables, the other 3 are mining 4.
MrMoo is offline  
Old 09-23-2006, 09:42 PM   #695
_dave_
_Pooh_Bah_
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: UK (or what remains of it)
Posts: 12,979
Re: Steps required to use FPHG

Quote:
Quote:

I just had 0.07b running for 5k hands, no troubles:

40 tables at a time:

10 user accounts, 4x party tables per acct, running DeMonster 1.2.2, SafeMine 3.0 (and of course FPHG 0.07b) on each acct

YMMV,

dave.
Dave,

Regarding the quoted section, are you running the 10 user accounts on one computer? Or one each in a virtual machine. Also, what kind of processor are you using? I'm curious to compare against my own stats.

I'm hitting about 40% on an Athlon 3800 X2 running 5 heavily stripped down VM's. Two vm's are mining 10 tables, the other 3 are mining 4.
My system is in need of an upgrade lol

I am running a single-core AMD Athlon64 3000+, but I have 1GB of low latency (expensive) DDR500 RAM, so I run the (normally 1.8GHz) CPU at an FSB of 250MHz, instead of the normal 200MHZ. This results in a core speed of 2.25GHz, roughly comparable t a single core A64 3500+ - but the faster FSB and Memory probably put it more in the realm of 3700+ stock performance figures.

I run all FPHG accounts from the one machine (limited user accounts). Usually CPU usage varies from 50%-65%, although I am usually running some other apps also (SSH, VNC, Firefox etc) for work while I have the 10 mining accounts running.

Swap usage is insanely high with all 10 accounts mining - ~1.5GB swap used at all times - I can easy hear the HDD thrashing constantly, but it seems to prioritise apps from the "active" user account, so it really isn't too laggy - I am able to type away normally in my main account with all the mining going on without trouble.


I would lovw to get me a nice dual-core CPU - eyes on the Intel E6600 for the moment, or maybe an E6400 if it overclocks significantly higher

I hope this info is of some use to you,


dave.
_dave_ is offline  
Old 09-23-2006, 10:34 PM   #696
MrMoo
adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 768
Re: Steps required to use FPHG

Quote:

I hope this info is of some use to you,
dave.
It was. Thanks for the info.

I just read about running under multiple user accounts. I can't believe I didn't think of that sooner.
MrMoo is offline  
Old 09-26-2006, 11:56 PM   #697
glass_onion
grinder
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 591
Appreciate it, but more problems

I've created a notepad, and saved it as intertopspoker.exe as you said (literally copied and pasted your discription). however, it doesn't seem to be writing to this spot. THe 'read me' says; "use FreePHG then simply run FreePHG.exe while observing
tables, and you should see the observed hands starting to
appear in the "C:\FreePHG_HandHistories\" folder shortly
after observing some tables."

I see them being written to: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\FreePHG\FreePHG_HandHistori es

For what it is worth, when i double click on my intertopspoker.exe file it says that the file is not a valid win32 applicaiton, whatever the hell that means.

I appreciate the pics, that helped me immensely in setting up PTO, so it looks like I am only 1 step away, getting the hand histories written to the proper file.

BTW, what is your netteller address so I can send you a donation for your time?
glass_onion is offline  
Old 09-27-2006, 12:01 AM   #698
jukofyork
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
jukofyork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 11,364
Re: Appreciate it, but more problems

Quote:
I've created a notepad, and saved it as intertopspoker.exe as you said (literally copied and pasted your discription). however, it doesn't seem to be writing to this spot. THe 'read me' says; "use FreePHG then simply run FreePHG.exe while observing
tables, and you should see the observed hands starting to
appear in the "C:\FreePHG_HandHistories\" folder shortly
after observing some tables."

I see them being written to: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\FreePHG\FreePHG_HandHistori es

For what it is worth, when i double click on my intertopspoker.exe file it says that the file is not a valid win32 applicaiton, whatever the hell that means.

I appreciate the pics, that helped me immensely in setting up PTO, so it looks like I am only 1 step away, getting the hand histories written to the proper file.

BTW, what is your netteller address so I can send you a donation for your time?
New (highly improved and much easier to setup) version of FPHG has been released today, see this new thread:

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=7439546&page =

Juk
jukofyork is offline  
Old 09-27-2006, 12:05 AM   #699
jukofyork
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
jukofyork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 11,364
Re: 3 real ?\'s

Quote:
glass onion, you seem to have set your 2+2 account to not accept pm's, So I will reply to your pm here

First I'll try to just show you how I've set it up with some pics, this seems easiest. If this doesn't work let me know

You need to have your dummy intertopspoker.exe file in the same folder as your FreePHG.exe file. It doesn't matter which folder you put them into, but they just need to be in the same folder, and you need to know where it is. Like so:



Then, you need to point pokertracker towards your intertopspoker.exe like so:



Then you open that file name, then click "OK" on the middle box, and you should be set
If you still have the images handy, would you mind re-posting this in the new FPHG PT related thread:

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showth...e=0#Post7439552

(I would link it, but I'm hoping this nightmare thread will die off now V2 of FPHG is going, and the plan is to split PT and FPHG problems into two separate threads for V2).

Juk

PS: Thanks for this, I think your explanation makes much more sense than any I or others have tried to express in words!
jukofyork is offline  
Old 09-27-2006, 12:10 AM   #700
_dave_
_Pooh_Bah_
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: UK (or what remains of it)
Posts: 12,979
Re: 3 real ?\'s

Quote:

If you still have the images handy, would you mind re-posting this in the new FPHG PT related thread:
I would link it, but I'm hoping this nightmare thread will die off now

Juk, why not just quote it in the new thread? Give credit to HP obv.


dave.
_dave_ is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online