Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Poker Software Poker-related software official support, e.g., poker trackers, solvers, equity calculators.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2008, 01:55 AM   #1476
-Hudson-
newbie
 
-Hudson-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Game over man. Game over!
Posts: 23
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 6 Release - 08-Mar-2008)

So beta 7 next week w/ HUD?

Just curious cuz was thinking of getting HM based off of Fozzy's recommendation but if the HUD will be out next week may just wait.
-Hudson- is offline  
Old 03-21-2008, 01:58 AM   #1477
fozzy71
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
fozzy71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 8 Mile + 2.5
Posts: 37,558
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 6 Release - 08-Mar-2008)

LOL at mentioning me (in this thread ). The PT3/AHK hud and the PT3HUD were also mentioned in that thread, IIRC.

FWIW - I am anxious to try the new beta HUD for pt3 also.
fozzy71 is online now  
Old 03-21-2008, 03:39 AM   #1478
me<--ship
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: HUsng and LC
Posts: 138
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 6 Release - 08-Mar-2008)

Ok I'm having problem getting the PT3 to work. I suck at using the search and this problem is frustrating the hell out of me so hopefully someone can help me out.

I'm running windows thru parallels on my mac. I download pt3 beta and then when I'm almost done with setting up the PostgreSQL database thing, (i have no clue what it is btw) I get this error message:


when I click OK it starts backtracking the set up and then gives me a message about it not connecting to some server or something.
I've tried everything I can think of, reinstalling, redoing hella things, but I keep getting this problem... I actually got it to work once but then I messed up some connection permantely when I was manually uploading some HHs that it didnt like... and then when I tried to install again I got this same message..

sorry if I'm just being a pc noob but this is bothering me so much and I've spent so much time trying to get around it with no success..

THANKS

Last edited by me<--ship; 03-21-2008 at 03:40 AM. Reason: added more info
me<--ship is offline  
Old 03-21-2008, 04:58 AM   #1479
Giulio01
enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 89
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 6 Release - 08-Mar-2008)

Tried to ask it elsewhere, but how to use PT3+FTP for tournaments? Of course, i have return=0 given that i "lose" every tournament
Giulio01 is offline  
Old 03-21-2008, 09:21 AM   #1480
withspeed
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 75
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 6 Release - 08-Mar-2008)

Any ideas on what the final release of poker tracker 3 will be ready for release guys? Awesome software!
withspeed is offline  
Old 03-21-2008, 11:01 AM   #1481
PokerAce
See our Commercial Software thread
 
PokerAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,309
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 6 Release - 08-Mar-2008)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Hudson- View Post
So beta 7 next week w/ HUD?

Just curious cuz was thinking of getting HM based off of Fozzy's recommendation but if the HUD will be out next week may just wait.
Yes, beta 7 with a BASIC Hud will be available probably late next week. I just hope we don't get the same reaction we've gotten when people expect the initial beta to be fully featured and fully functioned. You'll be able to add/remove whatever stats you want, but there will be a lot of features missing from the initial release.


Quote:
Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
LOL at mentioning me (in this thread ). The PT3/AHK hud and the PT3HUD were also mentioned in that thread, IIRC.

FWIW - I am anxious to try the new beta HUD for pt3 also.
fozzy, I wasn't going to say anything to the posts you made elsewhere regarding issues you had with Beta 6 considering our last exchange, but since you're posting here, I'll mention it. You were having problems with filtering, which was probably caused by not clicking the "Add Selected To Filters" button before hitting "Apply".


Quote:
Originally Posted by me<--ship View Post
Ok I'm having problem getting the PT3 to work. I suck at using the search and this problem is frustrating the hell out of me so hopefully someone can help me out.

I'm running windows thru parallels on my mac. I download pt3 beta and then when I'm almost done with setting up the PostgreSQL database thing, (i have no clue what it is btw) I get this error message:


when I click OK it starts backtracking the set up and then gives me a message about it not connecting to some server or something.
I've tried everything I can think of, reinstalling, redoing hella things, but I keep getting this problem... I actually got it to work once but then I messed up some connection permantely when I was manually uploading some HHs that it didnt like... and then when I tried to install again I got this same message..

sorry if I'm just being a pc noob but this is bothering me so much and I've spent so much time trying to get around it with no success..

THANKS
Try posting this on our forum. I know there are a bunch of people who got this working, so someone there should be able to offer some help.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Giulio01 View Post
Tried to ask it elsewhere, but how to use PT3+FTP for tournaments? Of course, i have return=0 given that i "lose" every tournament
Go to the Tournaments menu item and choose Enter Results.


Quote:
Originally Posted by withspeed View Post
Any ideas on what the final release of poker tracker 3 will be ready for release guys? Awesome software!
We're hoping for an mid-late April release.
PokerAce is offline  
Old 03-21-2008, 11:10 AM   #1482
fozzy71
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
fozzy71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 8 Mile + 2.5
Posts: 37,558
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 6 Release - 08-Mar-2008)

Quote:
fozzy, I wasn't going to say anything to the posts you made elsewhere regarding issues you had with Beta 6 considering our last exchange, but since you're posting here, I'll mention it. You were having problems with filtering, which was probably caused by not clicking the "Add Selected To Filters" button before hitting "Apply".
Yes I realized this after the fact. FWIW - It seems like a lot of extra clicks too me too.

I was also having problems with Beta6 hanging up while "Populating" the tabs, of my 140k hand DB. I simply uninstalled Beta6, and decided to wait for Beta7 or 8 before testing it again.

Regardless of my personal feelings or any past discussions, I will be testing PT3 and PEV (if he ever releases a beta). I may be one of the few micro-stakes players that ends up buying all 3 trackers, just because I am a software geek, and like to know about them all. I am probably one of the few people that posted in this thread, that owned (legally) all 3 versions of PT2 on a uNL budget.
fozzy71 is online now  
Old 03-21-2008, 11:14 AM   #1483
PokerAce
See our Commercial Software thread
 
PokerAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,309
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 6 Release - 08-Mar-2008)

It is too many clicks, and why it's going to change to automatically add any filters you selected when you click "Apply".

I think those handing and infinite "Loading..." and "Populating..." issues should be fixed in the next release. It's tough to tell though since very few people seem to experience it.
PokerAce is offline  
Old 03-21-2008, 12:03 PM   #1484
henry1au
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 285
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 6 Release - 08-Mar-2008)



I use Idleminer and SpadeEye for datamining FTP. These programs don't seem to get along with PT3's auto import well when I have 4x18 tables open 24/7. I think one of the reasons is that the hand histories aren't getting moved (says the files are being used). As a result, PT3 uses alot of memory and frequently stalls.

I have tried using manual import instead, but I'd like to have the most recent stats for table selection. Will I have to stop auto import periodically and move the hand histories by hand? If so, how many hands imported will I need to do this with?

I import on average about 100k hands a day, and analyse/cluster database everynight which takes about 3 hours to complete. Right now my database has about 9 million hands, using 43Gb of hard drive space.

Any ideas anyone? How about multiple databases or a remote database?
henry1au is offline  
Old 03-21-2008, 01:48 PM   #1485
DerekJCEX
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,220
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 6 Release - 08-Mar-2008)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerAce View Post
Yes, beta 7 with a BASIC Hud will be available probably late next week. I just hope we don't get the same reaction we've gotten when people expect the initial beta to be fully featured and fully functioned. You'll be able to add/remove whatever stats you want, but there will be a lot of features missing from the initial release.
what are some of the major features that will not be in the initial release? how long before they are available?
DerekJCEX is offline  
Old 03-21-2008, 04:36 PM   #1486
JackHighAnyGood?
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 307
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 6 Release - 08-Mar-2008)

what is the time frame (guestimate) for PT3 being ready?

I've just purchased HM but the HUD does not work with quad core computers. So it seems like I will have to purchase PT2 + PAHud.

Will there be any problems running these programs on a quad core?
JackHighAnyGood? is offline  
Old 03-21-2008, 11:01 PM   #1487
PokerAce
See our Commercial Software thread
 
PokerAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,309
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 6 Release - 08-Mar-2008)

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry1au View Post


I use Idleminer and SpadeEye for datamining FTP. These programs don't seem to get along with PT3's auto import well when I have 4x18 tables open 24/7. I think one of the reasons is that the hand histories aren't getting moved (says the files are being used). As a result, PT3 uses alot of memory and frequently stalls.

I have tried using manual import instead, but I'd like to have the most recent stats for table selection. Will I have to stop auto import periodically and move the hand histories by hand? If so, how many hands imported will I need to do this with?

I import on average about 100k hands a day, and analyse/cluster database everynight which takes about 3 hours to complete. Right now my database has about 9 million hands, using 43Gb of hard drive space.

Any ideas anyone? How about multiple databases or a remote database?
Just restart PT3 every few hours or as often as you can. It will move the files when auto-import stops. Eventually, it will monitor when the file was last modified and move it based on that.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekJCEX View Post
what are some of the major features that will not be in the initial release? how long before they are available?
I can't say for sure. It really depends on what I have time to add before Beta 6 expires. We're running into some interesting problems. If it takes a while to get them resolved, you may only get what's already there, which is just basic stats on the screen, with the ability to add/remove them and drag them where you want. No special formatting, no combo stats, limited color range ability, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackHighAnyGood? View Post
what is the time frame (guestimate) for PT3 being ready?

I've just purchased HM but the HUD does not work with quad core computers. So it seems like I will have to purchase PT2 + PAHud.

Will there be any problems running these programs on a quad core?
You're free to use the beta now. It's free until we release the first commercial version. We're hoping for a mid-late April release.
PokerAce is offline  
Old 03-22-2008, 12:51 PM   #1488
lowpk
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 17
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 6 Release - 08-Mar-2008)

In Tournaments tab I see correctly my HH, but it don't considered the results and amounts I won. With PT2 it existed a little app who took in order the amount we won after a sitngo or mtt. This feature will be available in final release or I will be always obliged to manually enter amounts won ? ? thanks in advance.
lowpk is offline  
Old 03-22-2008, 02:55 PM   #1489
AZDezertRat
centurion
 
AZDezertRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Yea im a showdown monkey
Posts: 118
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 6 Release - 08-Mar-2008)

OK i just downloaded PT3 for the first time after my computer died and had to start over anyways. I noticed once you start a session it appears PT3 doesnt update the lobby until you log in next time, is that true? Ex.. i started a session with 90 players, a half hour later i still had 90 players and no one was updated, i closed PT3 and reopened and it had 310 players. Is this normal or am i missing something?
AZDezertRat is offline  
Old 03-22-2008, 04:06 PM   #1490
UbU
grinder
 
UbU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Merdre!
Posts: 465
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 6 Release - 08-Mar-2008)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZDezertRat View Post
OK i just downloaded PT3 for the first time after my computer died and had to start over anyways. I noticed once you start a session it appears PT3 doesnt update the lobby until you log in next time, is that true? Ex.. i started a session with 90 players, a half hour later i still had 90 players and no one was updated, i closed PT3 and reopened and it had 310 players. Is this normal or am i missing something?
Click refresh, top right corner...
UbU is offline  
Old 03-22-2008, 06:23 PM   #1491
RedBarracuda
adept
 
RedBarracuda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: warm
Posts: 841
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 6 Release - 08-Mar-2008)

new sites will be added only when the final commercial version will be released?
RedBarracuda is offline  
Old 03-22-2008, 07:50 PM   #1492
icoNn
grinder
 
icoNn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 421
Pokertracker3 Filters dont work

The filter options on my PT3 does not work. ANy ideas why?
icoNn is offline  
Old 03-22-2008, 08:56 PM   #1493
SlowHabit
See my coaching listing
 
SlowHabit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Investor
Posts: 4,394
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 6 Release - 08-Mar-2008)

What is that one command you run if you want to delete a user? Something "net delete ..."
SlowHabit is offline  
Old 03-22-2008, 09:05 PM   #1494
_dave_
_Pooh_Bah_
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: UK (or what remains of it)
Posts: 13,126
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 6 Release - 08-Mar-2008)

Code:
net user username /delete
must be administrator IIRC.

replace username with the desired account - this is a windows command, so use with care
_dave_ is offline  
Old 03-22-2008, 10:18 PM   #1495
PokerAce
See our Commercial Software thread
 
PokerAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,309
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 6 Release - 08-Mar-2008)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowpk View Post
In Tournaments tab I see correctly my HH, but it don't considered the results and amounts I won. With PT2 it existed a little app who took in order the amount we won after a sitngo or mtt. This feature will be available in final release or I will be always obliged to manually enter amounts won ? ? thanks in advance.
We will make entering tournament results as easy as possible. Tournament support has sort of taken a back seat for the time being. More features will be added before too much longer.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBarracuda View Post
new sites will be added only when the final commercial version will be released?
We plan on supporting the top 6 sites on commercial release. More sites will be added rapidly afterwards.


Quote:
Originally Posted by icoNn View Post
The filter options on my PT3 does not work. ANy ideas why?
Click the "Add Selected to Filters" before clicking "Apply."
PokerAce is offline  
Old 03-22-2008, 11:30 PM   #1496
allyasia
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,025
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 6 Release - 08-Mar-2008)

is it normal to do cluster in 6hr?
i have 200k H
and perhaps 1.5-2million H in Datamine
allyasia is offline  
Old 03-23-2008, 06:21 AM   #1497
insyder19
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
insyder19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,163
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 6 Release - 08-Mar-2008)

Can someone tell me if PT3 will have PLO included or if there is a new PLO tracker coming out soon?

OH and when is PT3 coming out finally and supports iPoker?

Last edited by insyder19; 03-23-2008 at 06:31 AM.
insyder19 is offline  
Old 03-23-2008, 09:54 AM   #1498
henry1au
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 285
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 6 Release - 08-Mar-2008)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyasia View Post
is it normal to do cluster in 6hr?
i have 200k H
and perhaps 1.5-2million H in Datamine
I have a 9 million hands database. Clustering takes around 3hrs for me.

*I'm using Q6600, 2Gb ram, XP sp2
henry1au is offline  
Old 03-23-2008, 12:58 PM   #1499
PokerAce
See our Commercial Software thread
 
PokerAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,309
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 6 Release - 08-Mar-2008)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyasia View Post
is it normal to do cluster in 6hr?
i have 200k H
and perhaps 1.5-2million H in Datamine
Is it taking 6 hours to cluster the 200k hand database or the 2 million hand database?


Quote:
Originally Posted by insyder19 View Post
Can someone tell me if PT3 will have PLO included or if there is a new PLO tracker coming out soon?

OH and when is PT3 coming out finally and supports iPoker?
iPoker support should be available in the initial commercial release. It will be Holdem only, but PT Omaha and PT Stud will be transferred over later.
PokerAce is offline  
Old 03-23-2008, 05:31 PM   #1500
allyasia
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,025
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 6 Release - 08-Mar-2008)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerAce View Post
Is it taking 6 hours to cluster the 200k hand database or the 2 million hand database?
.
both datamine and playing hand are in the same database.
so roughly 2 million Hand.
by the way, how do i look up how many Hands in the database
it only show the playing hand, does not mention datamine hands
allyasia is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive