Originally Posted by gball
Would it be in any way possible to re-release beta5 with extended expiration time, because beta6 freezes when importing every time after a few minutes? I'm already so used to the AHK-HUD and the customizable stats support it has that I wouldn't want to go back to PT2/PAHUD (I've filed a support ticket with log files but would like to keep on playing until it's fixed)
Rather than re-releasing an older version, I'd like get the new bugs fixed. I can sympathize with your problem, but this is beta software, and the point of the beta test is find and fix the bugs. If you've entered a support ticket, I will get to it soon. I'm out of town at the moment, so I have limited time, but should be able to get to it early next week.
Originally Posted by VBCardinal
Thanks. I like that levelling description. Makes sense. One more question - if I buy the PT2HUD and then PT3+HUD is released, will I be able to import all the data I have built up with PT2 to the new software? I assume the answer is yes (although figuring out how to do that may present me with some challenges), but I suppose I should ask. If the answer is yes, then I'm going to just do it because this software is cheap compared to the enjoyment of using it and the possible benefits. Really quite neat stuff.
And another question (perhaps PokerAce can answer these) - what will the benefits to this upgrade from 2 to 3 be (in a general way - I don't need a real technical answer, just something that it explains some general benefits to the casual user?)
I appreciate the cogent response you gave.
As long as you save your hand history files or have PT2 save them in the database, PT3 will be able to extract all your information.
As for benefits of PT3 over PT2, here are a few:
faster. Imports are faster, retrieves are faster.
2. More capable. PT3 can house over 23 million hands and still function at a reasonable speed. PT2 struggles with 1 million.
3. More user friendly. PT3 looks nicer and is easier to work with and has less configuring required.
4. Custom stats/reports. Want some strange obscure stat? Make it yourself. Then add it to any report you'd like, or even make your own completely custom report.
5. Advanced filtering. PT3 has much more detailed filtering available.
6. Integrated HUD. Having the HUD built in, rather than a separate application means less resources used and faster response times.
I could go on, but as you can see, there are plenty of reasons for upgrading to PT3 from PT2.