Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Poker Software Poker-related software official support, e.g., poker trackers, solvers, equity calculators.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2011, 08:38 PM   #8826
Tommy_Ho
banned
 
Tommy_Ho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: I'm the man from Nantucket
Posts: 1,207
re: PokerTracker 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraada View Post
Just to be clear - if you right click and drag the boxes to the location you want them in and click the PT Icon and Save Layout the next time you open a new table you still see the boxes in the wrong locations?
You are correct.. Exactly what happens... Above I had all the player boxes under their names, saved and the next time I opened table, this is where they were put.

Never had a problem with stars.. Seems since I started on merge (carbon) today
Tommy_Ho is offline  
Old 04-20-2011, 09:15 PM   #8827
DoubleFly
Pooh-Bah
 
DoubleFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Still Bloggin, Stakin, & Affiliatin
Posts: 5,983
re: PokerTracker 3

i hadn't used PT3 in a long time. I updated, and I seem to be in this error loop where it tells me my databases need to be updated. if I click "YES", I get an error message saying there was an error updating the database (I think it's because that database no longer exists). Then it tells me the update process is complete and that i should vacuum. and then it goes back to telling me I need to update my databases. If I click "NO", the program shuts down. what should i do?
DoubleFly is offline  
Old 04-21-2011, 04:06 AM   #8828
WhiteRider
Pooh-Bah
 
WhiteRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 5,337
re: PokerTracker 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy_Ho View Post
You are correct.. Exactly what happens... Above I had all the player boxes under their names, saved and the next time I opened table, this is where they were put.

Never had a problem with stars.. Seems since I started on merge (carbon) today
If the "Troubleshooting" of the Tutorial: Preferred Seating doesn't help please Tutorial: Submitting a Bug Report with logs, hand history and a screenshot of a single table.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleFly View Post
i hadn't used PT3 in a long time. I updated, and I seem to be in this error loop where it tells me my databases need to be updated. if I click "YES", I get an error message saying there was an error updating the database (I think it's because that database no longer exists). Then it tells me the update process is complete and that i should vacuum. and then it goes back to telling me I need to update my databases. If I click "NO", the program shuts down. what should i do?
You will probably find that the easiest solution is to create a new database and re-import from the original hand history files.
If that isn't possible for any reason please create a Support ticket and report your problem and one of our support technicians will help you get things sorted out.
WhiteRider is offline  
Old 04-21-2011, 08:19 AM   #8829
DoubleFly
Pooh-Bah
 
DoubleFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Still Bloggin, Stakin, & Affiliatin
Posts: 5,983
re: PokerTracker 3

Quote:
You will probably find that the easiest solution is to create a new database and re-import from the original hand history files.
If that isn't possible for any reason please create a Support ticket and report your problem and one of our support technicians will help you get things sorted out.
Yes. But the "endless loop" I mentioned prevents me from even getting to the Database Management menu. 'll try creating a ticket.
DoubleFly is offline  
Old 04-21-2011, 09:33 AM   #8830
Tommy_Ho
banned
 
Tommy_Ho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: I'm the man from Nantucket
Posts: 1,207
re: PokerTracker 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRider View Post
If the "Troubleshooting" of the Tutorial: Preferred Seating doesn't help please Tutorial: Submitting a Bug Report with logs, hand history and a screenshot of a single table.



You will probably find that the easiest solution is to create a new database and re-import from the original hand history files.
If that isn't possible for any reason please create a Support ticket and report your problem and one of our support technicians will help you get things sorted out.
Thanks WhiteRider... It seems as pokertracker HUD thinks the table is in one location (where it puts the players stats) but infact the table is located 8 inches away.

Do you think it may be because I run 3 monitors? The odd thing is, I ran this set up for Stars forever without it ever being a problem.

Here is my set up: *BTW I love PT3, thank you!!!*

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...postcount=5054
Tommy_Ho is offline  
Old 04-21-2011, 05:10 PM   #8831
Kraada
See our Commercial Software thread
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 6,489
re: PokerTracker 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleFly View Post
Yes. But the "endless loop" I mentioned prevents me from even getting to the Database Management menu. 'll try creating a ticket.
Try editing the PokerTracker.cfg file and removing everything in the [Databases] section (you can find PokerTracker.cfg in the C:\Program Files (x86)\PokerTracker 3\Data\Config directory by default). That will cause PT3 to forget the locations of your saved databases and will prompt you to create a new one the next time you restart - it should create properly, let me know if it doesn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy_Ho View Post
Thanks WhiteRider... It seems as pokertracker HUD thinks the table is in one location (where it puts the players stats) but infact the table is located 8 inches away.

Do you think it may be because I run 3 monitors? The odd thing is, I ran this set up for Stars forever without it ever being a problem.

Here is my set up: *BTW I love PT3, thank you!!!*

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...postcount=5054
Did you set up Windows magnification (aka zoom screen or font sizes of > 100%)? If so you'll need to disable it - PT3 cannot locate things on the screen properly when that functionality is enabled.
Kraada is offline  
Old 04-21-2011, 07:17 PM   #8832
Tommy_Ho
banned
 
Tommy_Ho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: I'm the man from Nantucket
Posts: 1,207
re: PokerTracker 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraada View Post

Did you set up Windows magnification (aka zoom screen or font sizes of > 100%)? If so you'll need to disable it - PT3 cannot locate things on the screen properly when that functionality is enabled.
You sir are a genius... This was exactly the problem, I run my 30" @ 2580 and have my text 150%. Set back @ 100% nd now it works perfect. Thank You
Tommy_Ho is offline  
Old 04-22-2011, 09:31 AM   #8833
Kraada
See our Commercial Software thread
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 6,489
re: PokerTracker 3

I do my best - I'm glad to hear that fixed it for you
Kraada is offline  
Old 04-23-2011, 06:52 AM   #8834
MrAggromonkey
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,215
re: PokerTracker 3

I created a report under "Holdem Cash Hand" to show a villain's flatting range of a 3 bet. I first find the villain so that their name displays near the top of Holdem Manager and then I run the report. However, sometimes the report returns hands that the player that I am searching under wasn't even sitting at the table for. It seems like this tends to happen for villains that I have a lot of hand histories on.
MrAggromonkey is offline  
Old 04-23-2011, 09:18 AM   #8835
Kraada
See our Commercial Software thread
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 6,489
re: PokerTracker 3

Could you provide us with the list of filters you were using and one such hand that popped up erroneously via a support ticket? That will help considerably in figuring out what is going on here.
Kraada is offline  
Old 04-23-2011, 12:08 PM   #8836
TableFox
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: [ ] Samurai
Posts: 767
re: PokerTracker 3

Hey guys, I installed pt3 the latest beta the other day, since I installed all my poker software I've been getting bsod, now I have stopped the mysql service from running and have not had a bsod in the last couple of hours but it's too early to tell yet.
Is it possible that mysql database is causing my bsod?
TableFox is offline  
Old 04-23-2011, 12:10 PM   #8837
Kraada
See our Commercial Software thread
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 6,489
re: PokerTracker 3

It shouldn't - we shouldn't interact with mySQL at all - but if you can reproduce this consistently please report it and let us know exactly what mySQL version is causing the trouble and what steps you need to do to replicate the problem so that we can investigate further for you.
Kraada is offline  
Old 04-23-2011, 01:26 PM   #8838
TableFox
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: [ ] Samurai
Posts: 767
re: PokerTracker 3

Problem is I got a 0x124 bsod, so just got to do trial and error to find out what's causing it, don't get much info with that error.
If I'm correct just stopping the mysql service has the same effect as having pt3 uninstalled, the mysql version is 8.3, was a fresh install of the latest beta.
So just going to run the pc without pt3 for the time being, if I get another bsod can rule out pt3 and continue looking else where :S
TableFox is offline  
Old 04-23-2011, 02:40 PM   #8839
Kraada
See our Commercial Software thread
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 6,489
re: PokerTracker 3

MySQL's most recent stable version is 5.5 - do you mean PostgreSQL? PostgreSQL is required for PT3 to work properly and it shouldn't be throwing any BSODs - I've never seen it do that.
Kraada is offline  
Old 04-23-2011, 02:45 PM   #8840
TableFox
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: [ ] Samurai
Posts: 767
re: PokerTracker 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraada View Post
MySQL's most recent stable version is 5.5 - do you mean PostgreSQL? PostgreSQL is required for PT3 to work properly and it shouldn't be throwing any BSODs - I've never seen it do that.
ye meant PostgresSql, ye I got another bsod so it's not that, back to the drawing board :S
TableFox is offline  
Old 04-24-2011, 05:04 AM   #8841
MrAggromonkey
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,215
re: PokerTracker 3

1. I can't seem to find the 4 bet stat (the one that gives you the 4 bet range).. At least I don't think that I have the correct one.
I have "4 bet preflop" on my HUD. Is that the correct one?
I know that there is the 4 bet range and there is the 4 bet percentage. I want the 4 bet range.

2. Also, do you know if there is a custom stat available that shows fold to 3 bet after they had called or made the initial raise? It's tougher to make use of the one that is built into the system.

3. Is there a way for me to erase my Full Tilt hand histories from the database? My database is quite large and I would really like to improve performance

4. Is there an issue with running Poker Tracker and Holdem Manager? This may be of interest to me if I am multi-siting.
MrAggromonkey is offline  
Old 04-24-2011, 09:36 AM   #8842
Kraada
See our Commercial Software thread
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 6,489
re: PokerTracker 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TableFox View Post
ye meant PostgresSql, ye I got another bsod so it's not that, back to the drawing board :S
Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAggromonkey View Post
1. I can't seem to find the 4 bet stat (the one that gives you the 4 bet range).. At least I don't think that I have the correct one.
I have "4 bet preflop" on my HUD. Is that the correct one?
I know that there is the 4 bet range and there is the 4 bet percentage. I want the 4 bet range.

2. Also, do you know if there is a custom stat available that shows fold to 3 bet after they had called or made the initial raise? It's tougher to make use of the one that is built into the system.

3. Is there a way for me to erase my Full Tilt hand histories from the database? My database is quite large and I would really like to improve performance

4. Is there an issue with running Poker Tracker and Holdem Manager? This may be of interest to me if I am multi-siting.
1. 4Bet Preflop is the percentage that you did 4bet preflop out of the number of opportunities you had to do so. If you want the HEM 4bet range stat, you can find it in our repository I believe.

2. Fold to PF 3bet When Raised is a default stat.

3. Make sure you're using 3.11 (it'll be much faster than this) then use the Database --> Database Management --> Purge window. For more details on selective purging, see this tutorial.

4. Not that I'm aware of.
Kraada is offline  
Old 04-24-2011, 05:15 PM   #8843
Online Veteran
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 3,500
re: PokerTracker 3

Is PT3 running smoothly on Merge? Are there any glitches I should know about? Does PT3 miss any hands on that network? Also, I just clicked "auto detect" for the hands history. Is that the correct way to import all my hands?
Online Veteran is offline  
Old 04-24-2011, 05:44 PM   #8844
Kraada
See our Commercial Software thread
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 6,489
re: PokerTracker 3

It should work properly as far as I'm aware - once it's configured all you'll need to do is click Begin Auto Import before you start playing and the hands will import and the HUD will display.
Kraada is offline  
Old 04-25-2011, 07:39 AM   #8845
MrAggromonkey
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,215
re: PokerTracker 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraada View Post
1. 4Bet Preflop is the percentage that you did 4bet preflop out of the number of opportunities you had to do so. If you want the HEM 4bet range stat, you can find it in our repository I believe.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraada View Post

2. Fold to PF 3bet When Raised is a default stat.
Others were telling me that the poker tracker stat counts all fold to 3 bets. In other words, if someone raises in front of you, and then someone else 3 bets in front of you, it will count that in the fold to 3 bet stat. I guess that must have changed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraada View Post

3. Make sure you're using 3.11 (it'll be much faster than this) then use the Database --> Database Management --> Purge window. For more details on selective purging, see this tutorial.
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAggromonkey View Post
I created a report under "Holdem Cash Hand" to show a villain's flatting range of a 3 bet. I first find the villain so that their name displays near the top of Holdem Manager and then I run the report. However, sometimes the report returns hands that the player that I am searching under wasn't even sitting at the table for. It seems like this tends to happen for villains that I have a lot of hand histories on.
Anything on this- it seems like it must be some sort of bug.

Last edited by MrAggromonkey; 04-25-2011 at 07:46 AM.
MrAggromonkey is offline  
Old 04-25-2011, 08:41 AM   #8846
FC Juggernaut
newbie
 
FC Juggernaut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: space is the place
Posts: 40
re: PokerTracker 3

I play on a mac and while I believe I can successfully import my hands as they are all showing at the bottom of the PT3 page as I play (import status), however the HUD will not come up on the tables. This is for Merge, cash games, full ring. I have yet to email support, just thought I would throw it out here first.
FC Juggernaut is offline  
Old 04-25-2011, 11:53 AM   #8847
Kraada
See our Commercial Software thread
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 6,489
re: PokerTracker 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAggromonkey View Post
Others were telling me that the poker tracker stat counts all fold to 3 bets. In other words, if someone raises in front of you, and then someone else 3 bets in front of you, it will count that in the fold to 3 bet stat. I guess that must have changed?
That would be counted in the stat called 'Fold to PF 3Bet'. If you want the stat where someone raises and then folds to a 3bet you want 'Fold to PF 3Bet When Raised'. These are two different stats - you might want the former for use in analysis when looking at certain filtered situations. But I wouldn't want it on my HUD.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAggromonkey View Post
Anything on this- it seems like it must be some sort of bug.
I can't comment on a Holdem Manager problem. If you see something like this in PT3, please send us the hand history in question so that we can investigate further. I've never seen anything like this personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC Juggernaut View Post
I play on a mac and while I believe I can successfully import my hands as they are all showing at the bottom of the PT3 page as I play (import status), however the HUD will not come up on the tables. This is for Merge, cash games, full ring. I have yet to email support, just thought I would throw it out here first.
This is the first issue I've heard of with the Mac Merge HUD - please do report it so that we can investigate for you.
Kraada is offline  
Old 04-25-2011, 12:06 PM   #8848
FC Juggernaut
newbie
 
FC Juggernaut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: space is the place
Posts: 40
re: PokerTracker 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraada View Post
That would be counted in the stat called 'Fold to PF 3Bet'. If you want the stat where someone raises and then folds to a 3bet you want 'Fold to PF 3Bet When Raised'. These are two different stats - you might want the former for use in analysis when looking at certain filtered situations. But I wouldn't want it on my HUD.




I can't comment on a Holdem Manager problem. If you see something like this in PT3, please send us the hand history in question so that we can investigate further. I've never seen anything like this personally.



This is the first issue I've heard of with the Mac Merge HUD - please do report it so that we can investigate for you.
Apologies. I was using an older version. I just downloaded the update and will try later this evening. If still a problem, I will report it. Thanks.
FC Juggernaut is offline  
Old 04-26-2011, 06:06 AM   #8849
ComplexP
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tilting 10 BI's at a table near you
Posts: 1,285
re: PokerTracker 3

How long would purging ~1 mil hands take? Is 12-16 hours enough you think, or are we talking about days?
ComplexP is offline  
Old 04-26-2011, 09:56 AM   #8850
Kraada
See our Commercial Software thread
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 6,489
re: PokerTracker 3

Upgrade to 3.11 and it won't take more than an hour, two at the very most.
Kraada is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive