Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Poker Software Poker-related software official support, e.g., poker trackers, solvers, equity calculators.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2011, 10:33 AM   #8651
Jacobin
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A very dark place.
Posts: 119
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

I may have a bad habit on my hands, almost never checking, do you open popups often?

I in no way meant imply your HUD lacks anything, or any disrespect this HUD is pure genius, I can't believe all the information I get instantly. It took me quite a while to master all the stats and colors.

I'm sure you have a thread somewhere that gives your thought process and "routines" in a lot of spots for where to look and why, could you point me there?
Jacobin is offline  
Old 03-11-2011, 12:29 PM   #8652
PokerAce
See our Commercial Software thread
 
PokerAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,309
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

3.09.6 Beta Released

Changed:
  • Export: Window now allows selection of individual sessions and tournaments
  • Import: Processed files now moved to directory structure: Site\YYYY\MM-DD
Fixed:
  • TableTracker: Full Tilt listings
  • TableTracker: Full Tilt table opening
  • Import: PokerStars: Home game observed hands
  • Import: PokerStars: Automatic configuration discovery
  • Import: Cereus: Crashing when reading invalid seat numbers
PokerAce is offline  
Old 03-11-2011, 12:47 PM   #8653
Kraada
See our Commercial Software thread
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 6,489
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobin View Post
I may have a bad habit on my hands, almost never checking, do you open popups often?

I in no way meant imply your HUD lacks anything, or any disrespect this HUD is pure genius, I can't believe all the information I get instantly. It took me quite a while to master all the stats and colors.

I'm sure you have a thread somewhere that gives your thought process and "routines" in a lot of spots for where to look and why, could you point me there?
No disrespect taken - I know some people like those stats, but I find it much easier and faster to check popups. I check popups a lot - any large pot postflop that I'm involved in is going to have me checking the postflop popup at least one for planning my line and how I'm going to respond. I feel like I can get a better idea for how often someone is betting or raising by looking at Bet x Street, Raise x Street quickly, and if I'm looking for passivity I'll look at Call x Street and Fold x Street. If I'm in a particular situation that's covered by the other lines though I'll use those - looking at someone's call turn cbet vs river probe percentages is something I'll do often trying to decide if checking back the turn in position to pick off a river bluff is going to be better than betting the turn directly for value for example. Honestly, that postflop popup is huge for me, and being able to navigate it quickly and find what I want is essential to my personal postflop play.
Kraada is offline  
Old 03-11-2011, 01:08 PM   #8654
Jacobin
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A very dark place.
Posts: 119
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

TY- copy & pasted.

The veterans of 2+2 are very kind to the little guys, it's appreciated.
Jacobin is offline  
Old 03-11-2011, 01:58 PM   #8655
SuitedJunk
veteran
 
SuitedJunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,682
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

is there a way to make your tournament winning show w/ takeback?

If so, step by step would be super...
SuitedJunk is offline  
Old 03-11-2011, 03:11 PM   #8656
RedGladiator
old hand
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,391
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

Hi,
The website says it recommends a minimum of 7200RPM hard drive.

I'm considering a macbook pro 2.3ghz quad processor, 4GB but it says 5400RPM.
I'll be using it mostly for poker. Is 5400RPM enough? the 7200RPM is costing £550 more.

Thanks.
RedGladiator is offline  
Old 03-11-2011, 03:17 PM   #8657
DavidNB
Pooh-Bah
 
DavidNB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Jupiter
Posts: 4,295
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

hey guys.

I just got poker tracker 3 and I noticed it will take record observed hands or data mine. Am I missing something here, I know pokertracker3 is on the approved list but I didn't think the poker sites approved of data mining?
DavidNB is offline  
Old 03-11-2011, 03:30 PM   #8658
SuitedJunk
veteran
 
SuitedJunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,682
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

Get the lower macbook and get a ssd...
SuitedJunk is offline  
Old 03-11-2011, 04:31 PM   #8659
Kraada
See our Commercial Software thread
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 6,489
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitedJunk View Post
is there a way to make your tournament winning show w/ takeback?

If so, step by step would be super...
Yes this can be done but a little more information would be useful - how is your rakeback being calculated on your tournaments?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedGladiator View Post
Hi,
The website says it recommends a minimum of 7200RPM hard drive.

I'm considering a macbook pro 2.3ghz quad processor, 4GB but it says 5400RPM.
I'll be using it mostly for poker. Is 5400RPM enough? the 7200RPM is costing £550 more.

Thanks.
It really does depend on how hard you're going to push the machine. If you're going to just play a thousand hands a week and that's about it, you'll be able to get along fine with a 5400RPM drive. If you're planning on having any sort of multi-million hand databases, you're going to feel the slowdown considerably though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidNB View Post
hey guys.

I just got poker tracker 3 and I noticed it will take record observed hands or data mine. Am I missing something here, I know pokertracker3 is on the approved list but I didn't think the poker sites approved of data mining?
PT3 is on the approved list for every site we support. If you're playing at PokerStars, they explicitly allow us to import up to 30 observed hands per session for the purposes of table selection.
Kraada is offline  
Old 03-11-2011, 05:09 PM   #8660
SuitedJunk
veteran
 
SuitedJunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,682
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

I want to be able to bring up a line that shows a rakeback like, and amount won with rakeback...

I am mainly playing sng's and get 35% rakeback...

I can get a line that shows rake paid, but I want to see rakeback sum with winnings
SuitedJunk is offline  
Old 03-11-2011, 05:16 PM   #8661
Leroy2DaBeroy
Head in the Clouds
 
Leroy2DaBeroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: I bink therefore I jam.
Posts: 15,761
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitedJunk View Post
I want to be able to bring up a line that shows a rakeback like, and amount won with rakeback...

I am mainly playing sng's and get 35% rakeback...

I can get a line that shows rake paid, but I want to see rakeback sum with winnings
Custom stat is the only way to do it I think. You might find something in the repository. And I don't think you can graph it regardless of which way you do it. It's also likely to be a PITA (ymmv - custom stats tend to tilt me anytime I try to mess with them).
Leroy2DaBeroy is offline  
Old 03-11-2011, 06:22 PM   #8662
Kraada
See our Commercial Software thread
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 6,489
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

Actually, you can do this in the graph once you have a custom stat for it - you'd use the "Sessions Statistics" section on the left hand side of the graph - click the blue Configure link, then check the "Sum Results" checkbox (so it adds up over time) and double click your Amount Won With Rakeback stat. Then when you check "Show Session Stats" you'll see your session stat as its own line on the graph.

But you definitely need the custom stat for amount won with rakeback - SuitedJunk, if you tell me what site this is for and how they calculate it, I'll be happy to build it for you (or if it's in the repository, I'll tell you what it's called).
Kraada is offline  
Old 03-12-2011, 01:01 AM   #8663
Jacobin
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A very dark place.
Posts: 119
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

I'm definitely interested in this if it also works for cash games.
I'm a Goldstar on Pstars.

Sorry for butting in I've just seen a lot of HEM graphs with rakeback and it makes me jealous.
Jacobin is offline  
Old 03-12-2011, 03:30 AM   #8664
SuitedJunk
veteran
 
SuitedJunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 2,682
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraada View Post
Actually, you can do this in the graph once you have a custom stat for it - you'd use the "Sessions Statistics" section on the left hand side of the graph - click the blue Configure link, then check the "Sum Results" checkbox (so it adds up over time) and double click your Amount Won With Rakeback stat. Then when you check "Show Session Stats" you'll see your session stat as its own line on the graph.

But you definitely need the custom stat for amount won with rakeback - SuitedJunk, if you tell me what site this is for and how they calculate it, I'll be happy to build it for you (or if it's in the repository, I'll tell you what it's called).
its for RPM poker...

I got it set up in the session stats for cash games w/ rakeback... but cant figure out how to get RB stats in the tourney tab...

THANKS!
SuitedJunk is offline  
Old 03-12-2011, 06:22 AM   #8665
WhiteRider
Pooh-Bah
 
WhiteRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 5,337
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobin View Post
I'm definitely interested in this if it also works for cash games.
I'm a Goldstar on Pstars.

Sorry for butting in I've just seen a lot of HEM graphs with rakeback and it makes me jealous.
See this post - there are rakeback stats available for download from the "Get More" section, and I'm pretty sure there's one for Stars.


Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitedJunk View Post
its for RPM poker...

I got it set up in the session stats for cash games w/ rakeback... but cant figure out how to get RB stats in the tourney tab...

THANKS!
So you get 35% of your entry fee back on each tournament?
To display that for tournaments you'll need to build it in the Holdem Tournament Tournament section, as a stat based on "Net Won", but including the reduction of rake.
You could do that by making a new column based on amt_buyin_ttl, but changed to reduce the rake:

amt_buyin_rakeback =
tourney_holdem_summary.amt_buyin + (0.65 * tourney_holdem_summary.amt_rake) + tourney_holdem_results.amt_rebuy + tourney_holdem_results.amt_addon

You'd then want a variable like "amt_net":

amt_won - amt_buyin_rakeback

..and then a stat to display that value, like the "Net Won" stat.

See the Tutorial: Custom Reports and Statistics for more information on building stats from expressions like these.
If you need more information please start a new thread in the "custom stats and reports" section of the PokerTracker 3 Forum - it's much easier to follow a single issue through there than in this kind of thread.
WhiteRider is offline  
Old 03-12-2011, 11:25 PM   #8666
elendil200
adept
 
elendil200's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,024
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

Is RUSH poker not being tracked. I'm getting the error. "Full Tilt: Warning: Unrecognized game type: 14:12:43 AEST
elendil200 is offline  
Old 03-13-2011, 05:31 AM   #8667
WhiteRider
Pooh-Bah
 
WhiteRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 5,337
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

Full Tilt updated their software a while ago and introduced timezones - you will need to update to v3.09.6 of PT3 if you use any timezone other than ET.

Download page
PT3 Build History / Release Notes
WhiteRider is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 12:03 PM   #8668
MakingMoves88
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 92
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

Hi can someone please tell me how to configure a poker site to my poker tracker
MakingMoves88 is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 01:23 PM   #8669
Kraada
See our Commercial Software thread
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 6,489
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

It depends on your poker site, but we have configuration guides for all sites we support on our documentation page; following the one for your site should get everything working for you.
Kraada is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 02:05 PM   #8670
Leroy2DaBeroy
Head in the Clouds
 
Leroy2DaBeroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: I bink therefore I jam.
Posts: 15,761
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

Probably switching FWIW.

Thanks, though.
Leroy2DaBeroy is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 02:25 PM   #8671
DIPSET
grinder
 
DIPSET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 497
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

Is there a way to take player notes using PT3 like there is in HEM without having to use the poker sites player notes box?
DIPSET is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 05:32 PM   #8672
Beck
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Phuket, Thailand
Posts: 1,954
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

Since daylight savings time kicked in, if I start cash session at both Stars and FTP at the same time, there is still one hour difference according to PT3. I looked at the hh-files, and for both sites they had the correct time, as according to the "internal clock" on the pokersite. Is it something in my settings that are wrong?
Beck is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 06:01 PM   #8673
Kraada
See our Commercial Software thread
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 6,489
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIPSET View Post
Is there a way to take player notes using PT3 like there is in HEM without having to use the poker sites player notes box?
Yes, you can take notes in PT3 directly using the Note Editor icon on the HUD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beck View Post
Since daylight savings time kicked in, if I start cash session at both Stars and FTP at the same time, there is still one hour difference according to PT3. I looked at the hh-files, and for both sites they had the correct time, as according to the "internal clock" on the pokersite. Is it something in my settings that are wrong?
Is this affecting one site or both? Did your computer's clock automatically adjust properly?
Kraada is offline  
Old 03-16-2011, 02:06 AM   #8674
kenji08
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,366
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

this has probably been asked before but im going to ask it agian

is PT3 compatible with mac and how does PT3 compare to HEM. i currently have HEM and love it but am thinking about purchasing a mac and i know HEM gets a little complicated if you want to run it on a mac thanks in advance
kenji08 is offline  
Old 03-16-2011, 04:50 AM   #8675
WhiteRider
Pooh-Bah
 
WhiteRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 5,337
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

There is a native Mac conversion of PT3 and you can use your license on any combination of Mac and Windows (2 computers), and the trial works on Mac too.
(Due to issues beyond the control of PokerTracker the HUD does not work for OnGame or Full Tilt "Rush" tables on Mac.)

There are a lot of threads discussing the differences between PT3 and HEM – have a look in the main software Forum. If you have any specific questions about PT3 functionality or options, please ask.
WhiteRider is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive