Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Poker Software Poker-related software official support, e.g., poker trackers, solvers, equity calculators.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2011, 12:09 AM   #8401
SteveKelly
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: ventura, california
Posts: 72
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

Im new to tracker, and dont feel like reading..

When the Confugure postfreSQL Instal screen comes up...Should i change port or password to anything? Also installing to desktop is okay?
SteveKelly is offline  
Old 02-03-2011, 01:04 AM   #8402
Leroy2DaBeroy
Head in the Clouds
 
Leroy2DaBeroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: I bink therefore I jam.
Posts: 15,761
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraada View Post
Anybody who posts a dead blind then checks certainly had a chance to VP$IP, same as the big blind who checks had a chance to VP$IP. If you could raise and put more money in, I don't see how that's not a chance to VP$IP if that's the definition you want to use.

Even if we were to switch to a "chance to VP$IP" method of calculation, we'd still want CO posters who checked and saw a flop to count as a chance to VP$IP.
I guess I view it more as "required to VPIP", but TBH, it's late and I cbf to think through how that would impact the BB in unraised pots atm.
Leroy2DaBeroy is offline  
Old 02-03-2011, 10:15 AM   #8403
Kraada
See our Commercial Software thread
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 6,489
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveKelly View Post
Im new to tracker, and dont feel like reading..

When the Confugure postfreSQL Instal screen comes up...Should i change port or password to anything? Also installing to desktop is okay?
Assuming our installer installed PostgreSQL for you clicking "connect" should be sufficient. We do not recommend installing PostgreSQL or PT3 to the desktop though, the desktop has special permissions which can cause problems.
Kraada is offline  
Old 02-03-2011, 01:40 PM   #8404
doofymru
centurion
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 113
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

Poker Tracker is doing big misscalculations in EV. Example AQs vs TT all in preflop flop 8cJc3dKd8h it says TT had 100% in the ev graph

EDIT : those misscalculations are in CAP tables (didnt try the normal)
doofymru is offline  
Old 02-03-2011, 02:01 PM   #8405
Kraada
See our Commercial Software thread
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 6,489
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

EV is not currently calculated for CAP hands when the hand hits the cap but people have money remaining behind. This is a known issue.
Kraada is offline  
Old 02-03-2011, 02:15 PM   #8406
doofymru
centurion
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 113
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

Quote:
EV is not currently calculated for CAP hands when the hand hits the cap but people have money remaining behind. This is a known issue.
Thanks for the info !
doofymru is offline  
Old 02-03-2011, 05:43 PM   #8407
wask
journeyman
 
wask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 395
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

Hi guys,

I couldn't find a thread about this so I'm just going to post here.

I had a Mac with bootcamp on it but it died....I'll get a new one soon but I'm tired of all the windows crap so I'm probably going to buy PT3 for OSX.

Is there some major issues with PT3 on OSX or everything is just fine ? Might look random but I already own HEM so it's a $89.99 question.
wask is offline  
Old 02-03-2011, 07:45 PM   #8408
Kraada
See our Commercial Software thread
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 6,489
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

There aren't any major issues for OS X that I'm aware of, but you can avail yourself of our free 60 day trial on your Mac to make sure that our software meets your needs.
Kraada is offline  
Old 02-04-2011, 05:36 AM   #8409
WhiteRider
Pooh-Bah
 
WhiteRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 5,337
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

The only functionality that isn't available on Mac is that the HUD doesn't work for OnGame or Full Tilt Rush tables (due to client and Mac OS security issues respectively).
WhiteRider is offline  
Old 02-04-2011, 06:13 AM   #8410
wask
journeyman
 
wask's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 395
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

So I won't play rush anymore ? That's good news.
wask is offline  
Old 02-04-2011, 05:44 PM   #8411
PokerAce
See our Commercial Software thread
 
PokerAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,309
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

3.09.3 Beta Released

Added:
  • New Network: Yatahay Network (TruePoker and Doyles Room)
Fixed:
  • Import: iPoker: Reverted change that broke tournament Hud
  • Import: iPoker: Currency problem when importing hands from iPoker HH function
  • Import: iPoker: Fixed currency symbol when running on Asian (CJK) Windows
  • Import: FullTilt: Summary import false satellite win
  • Import: Stars/FullTilt: When betting is capped, treat player as all-in
  • Import: Pacific: Changes related to their new client
  • Import: MicroGaming: Delayed import
  • Import: Generic tournament summaries treating exported UTC times as local during import
  • Filters: Misc -> Preflop Sizing -> Facing Raise Size filters needed 1 and 1.5 bbs options
  • Stats: Amount Won (Native) stat in the Omaha Session section causing SQL errors in the Sessions report
  • Stats: Columns cnt_[street]_face_xr columns to allow for heads up position
  • TableTracker: Limit sorting using the text instead of the limit value
  • TableTracker: Remembering sorting between searches
  • Hud: Bodog: Always on top option for disappearing Hud
  • Hud: FullTilt: Not finding Matrix tournament tables
  • Hud: Replayer: Problems caused in Hud by Replayer title changing
  • SetupWiz: Problem with not excluding files properly

We've added support for a new network in this release: The Yatahay Network. For those of you unfamiliar with this network, its skins include True Poker and (more recently) Doyle's Room. In addition to that, we've fixed a large number of bugs for this release as well.
PokerAce is offline  
Old 02-04-2011, 07:48 PM   #8412
Stevee.be
centurion
 
Stevee.be's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 188
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

Hi !

I just configured the PT3 for PokerStars,
Imported old HH (actually, I didn't, didn't had any, anymore)

Now I want to start PT3, and where the Pokertracker III logo was before, now it has a white transparant field.
The program is not starting, not in 15 minutes..



Help please :?

grtz
Stevee.be is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 03:16 AM   #8413
Cody Ross
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 538
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

On February 1st I installed Hold'em Manager (on the trial) and started playing cash games on PokerStars. It worked fine, but I was more used to the layout of PokerTracker which I had used on my previous PC, so I installed PokerTracker and tried to run it. However I could not connect to the postgreSQL database for some reason, it said to check the configuration. I opened pgAdmin and the password was the same as the default, dbpass, so I tried uninstalling Hold'em Manager, but I still couldn't connect. I tried creating a new server in pgAdmin but got a FATAL error message, I forget the exact wording of it.

So I uninstalled postgreSQL and searched my computer for all files with "postgre" in them, and deleted those, then deleted pokertracker, intending to start over. However when I downloaded pokertracker again, I was not prompted to install postgresql, and was of course unable to connect to the database since it now did not exist. I tried downloading postgreSQL from its own website but when it got to the point of asking me to create a password (or enter an existing one if it was stored in windows), the password dbpass did not work, nor did cvPASS83 work either. I tried uninstalling and deleting everything again and then re-downloading pokertracker but I was again not prompted to install postgreSQL

So it looks like there is some postgreSQL information on my computer that I cannot locate, or else I don't know what the problem is. I cannot do a system restore because I made some important file modifications and deletions over the past few days since February 1st, so it seems like short of backing up all my files and re-installing windows (or doing a system restore), I will never again be able to run poker tracking software or use postgreSQL on this computer. Is that correct? Or is there anything else I can try?
Cody Ross is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 03:33 AM   #8414
Stevee.be
centurion
 
Stevee.be's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 188
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevee.be View Post
Help please :?

grtz
Oh please, no support on the Official PT3 forum, ..
I really need to test my new buy

Help meeeeeeeeeeee
Stevee.be is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 03:59 AM   #8415
Cody Ross
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 538
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

i'm surprised that wallpaper doesn't make you go epileptic
Cody Ross is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 04:33 AM   #8416
Stevee.be
centurion
 
Stevee.be's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 188
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

One of two 26" monitors

Great try for being funny though
Stevee.be is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 10:42 AM   #8417
Kraada
See our Commercial Software thread
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 6,489
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevee.be View Post
Hi !

I just configured the PT3 for PokerStars,
Imported old HH (actually, I didn't, didn't had any, anymore)

Now I want to start PT3, and where the Pokertracker III logo was before, now it has a white transparant field.
The program is not starting, not in 15 minutes..
Help please :?

grtz
I responded to your post on the PT3 forums. My apologies for the delay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cody Ross View Post
On February 1st I installed Hold'em Manager (on the trial) and started playing cash games on PokerStars. It worked fine, but I was more used to the layout of PokerTracker which I had used on my previous PC, so I installed PokerTracker and tried to run it. However I could not connect to the postgreSQL database for some reason, it said to check the configuration. I opened pgAdmin and the password was the same as the default, dbpass, so I tried uninstalling Hold'em Manager, but I still couldn't connect. I tried creating a new server in pgAdmin but got a FATAL error message, I forget the exact wording of it.

So I uninstalled postgreSQL and searched my computer for all files with "postgre" in them, and deleted those, then deleted pokertracker, intending to start over. However when I downloaded pokertracker again, I was not prompted to install postgresql, and was of course unable to connect to the database since it now did not exist. I tried downloading postgreSQL from its own website but when it got to the point of asking me to create a password (or enter an existing one if it was stored in windows), the password dbpass did not work, nor did cvPASS83 work either. I tried uninstalling and deleting everything again and then re-downloading pokertracker but I was again not prompted to install postgreSQL

So it looks like there is some postgreSQL information on my computer that I cannot locate, or else I don't know what the problem is. I cannot do a system restore because I made some important file modifications and deletions over the past few days since February 1st, so it seems like short of backing up all my files and re-installing windows (or doing a system restore), I will never again be able to run poker tracking software or use postgreSQL on this computer. Is that correct? Or is there anything else I can try?
Try following the complete uninstall and reinstall directions from our documentation page, paying particular attention to the steps on pages 7 and 8 - that should get you up and running again.
Kraada is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 05:11 PM   #8418
Stevee.be
centurion
 
Stevee.be's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 188
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraada View Post
I responded to your post on the PT3 forums. My apologies for the delay.
Okay, no problem.

I just hope I don't have to wait two days between every reply
Stevee.be is offline  
Old 02-05-2011, 11:24 PM   #8419
Bellum
centurion
 
Bellum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 135
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

I'm getting an unrecognized game type warning from the auto file import from FR rush, which has been working find up until now. I suspect this has to do with my changing the full tilt client timezone settings to my local (Australian EST), do I have to have settings at EST (US) for files to import correctly or is there something i can change in Pokertracker to let these import correctly?
Bellum is offline  
Old 02-06-2011, 12:39 AM   #8420
Dilbert1981
newbie
 
Dilbert1981's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 45
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellum View Post
I'm getting an unrecognized game type warning from the auto file import from FR rush, which has been working find up until now. I suspect this has to do with my changing the full tilt client timezone settings to my local (Australian EST), do I have to have settings at EST (US) for files to import correctly or is there something i can change in Pokertracker to let these import correctly?
I did the same thing and got the same error, changing back to ET time fixed it
Dilbert1981 is offline  
Old 02-06-2011, 10:17 AM   #8421
Kraada
See our Commercial Software thread
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 6,489
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevee.be View Post
Okay, no problem.

I just hope I don't have to wait two days between every reply
I don't work quite 24/7 (even though it seems like it sometimes) and one of our other main forum mods is away this week. I'll be around the rest of the morning today, then I'll be around during regular business hours all week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellum View Post
I'm getting an unrecognized game type warning from the auto file import from FR rush, which has been working find up until now. I suspect this has to do with my changing the full tilt client timezone settings to my local (Australian EST), do I have to have settings at EST (US) for files to import correctly or is there something i can change in Pokertracker to let these import correctly?
If you upgrade to our latest beta (3.09.3) the non-ET time zones at Full Tilt will work properly. You can find our latest beta on our download page (just scroll down a little).
Kraada is offline  
Old 02-07-2011, 12:02 AM   #8422
Stevee.be
centurion
 
Stevee.be's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Belgium
Posts: 188
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)



Help? What the hell does this mean, what are my REAL winnings, and how do I put my REAL winnings in the graph AND in the box?
Stevee.be is offline  
Old 02-07-2011, 10:32 AM   #8423
Kraada
See our Commercial Software thread
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 6,489
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

It looks like you're playing in multiple currencies - if you edit the information box and have it display Amount Won(Global) it should match the graph. There are plans to change this default behavior and I will remind the development team of them for you.
Kraada is offline  
Old 02-07-2011, 05:55 PM   #8424
Drekari
stranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 9
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

HI there, yesterday i started to play at pacific poker. And when my HUD shows up it's not where i want it to be, showing wrong names on wrong places etc.

I've been googling and searching for 2 hours or something but still cant find something so i hope you guys can help me.

I want to have 1 speciel seat since im multi tabling and its easier for me if i have the same seat on every table. I've been trying to change things in the 888 poker configuration tab but still no result.

I hope you can help me!
/drekari
Drekari is offline  
Old 02-07-2011, 06:40 PM   #8425
Kraada
See our Commercial Software thread
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 6,489
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

Please see the Tutorial: Preferred Seating which will explain how to set up PT3 to rotate the stats properly.
Kraada is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive