Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Poker Software Poker-related software official support, e.g., poker trackers, solvers, equity calculators.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 07:48 AM   #8201
CtrlMe
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 34
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

Cheers for the quick reply.

Okay its been 22:30 hours so far and now there is a solid green bar underneath the "Rebuilding Cache on database...." instead of the green shade running from left to right.

Should I be concerned that the green solid bar looks about 5% of the entire bar?? =S
CtrlMe is offline  
Old 01-06-2011, 08:16 AM   #8202
WhiteRider
Pooh-Bah
 
WhiteRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 5,337
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskelbiber View Post
hi there,
i´m missing the hud stats check/fold and check/call (flop/turn/river).

am i blind or do they not exist?
These are not available as built-in stats, but you can build them as custom stats.
For example, to build Check/Fold Flop you will need a pair of columns like these:
(I assume that you want to know the percentage of times that the player folded after checking, rather than how often they check/folded when they had the opportunity to check?)

cnt_f_checkfold =
sum( if[ lookup_actions_f.action = 'XF', 1, 0 ] )

cnt_f_check_face_action =
sum( if[ lookup_actions_f.action LIKE 'X_%', 1, 0 ] )

Then you can build a stat from them like this:

(cnt_f_checkfold / cnt_f_check_face_action) * 100

For information on how to build custom stats from expressions like these see the Tutorial: Custom Reports and Statistics.

For check/call replace XF with XC, and for turn and river replace _f_ with _t_ or _r_.


Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlMe View Post
Cheers for the quick reply.

Okay its been 22:30 hours so far and now there is a solid green bar underneath the "Rebuilding Cache on database...." instead of the green shade running from left to right.

Should I be concerned that the green solid bar looks about 5% of the entire bar?? =S
I would expect it to be further along than that, if not finished by now.
If you have logging enabled then you can check the end of the PokerTracker.log file to see how far along the process is. (Tutorial: Enabling Logging)

If not, have a look at Task Manager > Processes and see if any of the postgres.exe processes are doing any work?
WhiteRider is offline  
Old 01-06-2011, 08:59 AM   #8203
CtrlMe
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 34
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

Hey, I dont have the logging enabled, but I had a look at processes in windows task manager and there is no Postgres.exe, but there is Pokertracker.exe and PokertrackerHud.exe..

What should I do? Its been running 24hours now

Last edited by CtrlMe; 01-06-2011 at 09:05 AM.
CtrlMe is offline  
Old 01-06-2011, 09:58 AM   #8204
WhiteRider
Pooh-Bah
 
WhiteRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 5,337
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

If there are no postgres.exe processes then nothing will be happening. You will need to end the PT3 process and restart it.
WhiteRider is offline  
Old 01-06-2011, 10:05 AM   #8205
CtrlMe
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 34
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

Do I run housekeeping again??
CtrlMe is offline  
Old 01-06-2011, 10:25 AM   #8206
CtrlMe
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 34
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

My HUD no longer exists now... Not sure what is going on
CtrlMe is offline  
Old 01-06-2011, 10:33 AM   #8207
Kraada
See our Commercial Software thread
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 6,489
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

Make sure that you're showing processes from all users - the postgres processes would not come up if you were only showing processes from your user.

That said over a day for 1M hands on a computer with your specifications is far too long - you should be able to end the PokerTracker and PokerTrackerHud processes, and restart PT3 with logging. Attempt to rebuild the cache again and if it doesn't finish within 3 hours maximum (it should take more like 1 but a little extra time can't hurt - you shouldl see progress at least if it's still going strong let it keep going), send us a support ticket with logs attached and we'll investigate further for you.
Kraada is offline  
Old 01-06-2011, 12:13 PM   #8208
Muskelbiber
centurion
 
Muskelbiber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 176
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRider View Post
These are not available as built-in stats, but you can build them as custom stats.
For example, to build Check/Fold Flop you will need a pair of columns like these:
(I assume that you want to know the percentage of times that the player folded after checking, rather than how often they check/folded when they had the opportunity to check?)

cnt_f_checkfold =
sum( if[ lookup_actions_f.action = 'XF', 1, 0 ] )

cnt_f_check_face_action =
sum( if[ lookup_actions_f.action LIKE 'X_%', 1, 0 ] )

Then you can build a stat from them like this:

(cnt_f_checkfold / cnt_f_check_face_action) * 100

For information on how to build custom stats from expressions like these see the Tutorial: Custom Reports and Statistics.

For check/call replace XF with XC, and for turn and river replace _f_ with _t_ or _r_.
thanks for your quick reply!

i created the stats but they dont show up when i try to configure my HUD.

i checked the tutorial but i just can´t find out what im doing wrong.

(and yes, i want to know the percentage of times that the player folded after checking, im assuming the built-in stats check raise flop/turn/river works the same way so i can use these)
Muskelbiber is offline  
Old 01-06-2011, 12:23 PM   #8209
CtrlMe
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 34
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

No problems!! I will do that in the morning! Cheers for the support
CtrlMe is offline  
Old 01-06-2011, 04:15 PM   #8210
WhiteRider
Pooh-Bah
 
WhiteRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 5,337
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskelbiber View Post
thanks for your quick reply!

i created the stats but they dont show up when i try to configure my HUD.

i checked the tutorial but i just can´t find out what im doing wrong.

(and yes, i want to know the percentage of times that the player folded after checking, im assuming the built-in stats check raise flop/turn/river works the same way so i can use these)
Did you create the stats in the Holdem Cash Player Statistics section?
If the HUD was running then you will need to restart it to see the new stats in the HUD.

If you still can't see the stats in the HUD config after restarting PT3 please make a Backup of just the default Optional Files and attach it to a Support ticket and I'll check them out for you.
WhiteRider is offline  
Old 01-06-2011, 04:42 PM   #8211
RBlagojevich
old hand
 
RBlagojevich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: bang bang bang
Posts: 1,905
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

does anybody know how to configure PT3 for the merge network using a mac? I can't find the hand histories anywhere.
RBlagojevich is offline  
Old 01-06-2011, 08:47 PM   #8212
alteolga
grinder
 
alteolga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 336
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

any news when Mac Version gets Merge HUD and Rush Support?
alteolga is offline  
Old 01-06-2011, 08:48 PM   #8213
alteolga
grinder
 
alteolga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 336
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBlagojevich View Post
does anybody know how to configure PT3 for the merge network using a mac? I can't find the hand histories anywhere.
stored in user library
alteolga is offline  
Old 01-07-2011, 04:21 AM   #8214
Muskelbiber
centurion
 
Muskelbiber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 176
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteRider View Post
Did you create the stats in the Holdem Cash Player Statistics section?
If the HUD was running then you will need to restart it to see the new stats in the HUD.

If you still can't see the stats in the HUD config after restarting PT3 please make a Backup of just the default Optional Files and attach it to a Support ticket and I'll check them out for you.
hi again

i created the stats in the Holdem Cash Player Statistics section and now i can choose them as HUD stats.

but they did not work until i copied them to the Omaha Cash Player Statistics section. and only having the stats in the Omaha Cash Player Statistics section didn´t worked either.

but it seems to be working fine now with one exeption:
i cant find out how to get rid of the decimals of the values which pop up when you put the mouse over a HUD stat while playing.

and 1 more question, is there a way to make the HUD display bigger numbers?

Last edited by Muskelbiber; 01-07-2011 at 04:26 AM.
Muskelbiber is offline  
Old 01-07-2011, 05:00 AM   #8215
WhiteRider
Pooh-Bah
 
WhiteRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 5,337
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBlagojevich View Post
does anybody know how to configure PT3 for the merge network using a mac? I can't find the hand histories anywhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alteolga View Post
any news when Mac Version gets Merge HUD and Rush Support?
Please update to v3.09 and the Auto Detect button on the Auto Import > Merge Preferences tab should find the hand history folder.
They are now written to:
~/library/sitename/history
(/Users/user/Library/sitename/history)

Download page
PT3 Build History / Release Notes


Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskelbiber View Post
hi again

i created the stats in the Holdem Cash Player Statistics section and now i can choose them as HUD stats.

but they did not work until i copied them to the Omaha Cash Player Statistics section. and only having the stats in the Omaha Cash Player Statistics section didn´t worked either.
Are you playing holdem or omaha? The hud does pick up stat names from the holdem list, so if you're playing omaha then you do need to have a copy of the stats in the holdem section too.

Quote:
but it seems to be working fine now with one exeption:
i cant find out how to get rid of the decimals of the values which pop up when you put the mouse over a HUD stat while playing.
You can set the number of decimal places to 0 in the stat Properties to hide the decimal on the table, but if you want to hide it in the popup too then you will need to change the Format Expression of your stats. To have it display zero decimal places set the format expression to:
/%.0f

Quote:
and 1 more question, is there a way to make the HUD display bigger numbers?
I assume that you mean bigger in size? You can configure the font however you like in the Statistic Properties.
WhiteRider is offline  
Old 01-07-2011, 11:02 AM   #8216
aura
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
aura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Emanating
Posts: 10,048
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

I have a problem with the HUD.

I have a dual screen setup with Windows 7 64 bit.

Have the 3.09 beta.

Had the same problem with 3.08.

I start an auto import with the HUD going.

The stats show up very low and on the other screen, so I drag them over. The problem is, I can't find my stats (they're too low, I presume) and the PT3 icon is missing, so I can't save the layout.

The stats in the HUD update fine.

I still love PT3, but the HUD problem is obv not ideal.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by aura; 01-07-2011 at 11:07 AM.
aura is offline  
Old 01-07-2011, 11:15 AM   #8217
WhiteRider
Pooh-Bah
 
WhiteRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 5,337
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

The HUD should work with a dual screen setup.
The last time I saw an issue like this it was caused by the user having screen magnification enabled in the accessibility settings. If you have anything like that enabled please try disabling it.
Also check that you have the latest drivers for your graphics card as out of date drivers cause issues too.
WhiteRider is offline  
Old 01-07-2011, 11:19 AM   #8218
CtrlMe
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 34
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

Okay so I tried to rebuild database again in the housekeeping section and again there was no postgres.exe in the task manager and was excess of 6hrs until I just cancelled it. I have however ticked the logging enabled so what exactly am I looking for to check if and what is working??
CtrlMe is offline  
Old 01-07-2011, 11:26 AM   #8219
aura
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
aura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Emanating
Posts: 10,048
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

Wow. Such a quick response!

Thank you.

I did have magnification enabled. I turned it off, but the problem persists. I'll try rebooting real quick.


EDIT: Aha! Fixed it by right clicking the icon in the startup menu. Going to "compatibility" tab and checking "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings"

Ahhhhh.... the lovely HUD.

WhiteRider, thanks for being such an intelligent and helpful contributor to the forums.

Last edited by aura; 01-07-2011 at 11:53 AM.
aura is offline  
Old 01-07-2011, 12:30 PM   #8220
aura
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
aura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Emanating
Posts: 10,048
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

I haven't done extensive testing, but I think (for me) the magnifier causes the PT3 icon to go missing, and not disabling the display scaling on high DPI settings causes the stat weirdness. The stats were way too huge with the scaling, too.
aura is offline  
Old 01-07-2011, 01:40 PM   #8221
WhiteRider
Pooh-Bah
 
WhiteRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 5,337
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlMe View Post
Okay so I tried to rebuild database again in the housekeeping section and again there was no postgres.exe in the task manager and was excess of 6hrs until I just cancelled it. I have however ticked the logging enabled so what exactly am I looking for to check if and what is working??
If there are no postgres.exe processes in task manager then the PostgreSQL service is not running, and PT3 will not be able to do anything. Please check our Firewall Guide as problems with PostgreSQL are often caused by an overzealous firewall. If you still have trouble please create a support ticket to report your problemand one of our support technicians will work with you to get things fixed.


Quote:
Originally Posted by aura View Post
I haven't done extensive testing, but I think (for me) the magnifier causes the PT3 icon to go missing, and not disabling the display scaling on high DPI settings causes the stat weirdness. The stats were way too huge with the scaling, too.
That would make sense - PT3 needs to konw the size of the table windows and positions the HUD relative to that, so if things are being displayed in different places and different sizes it will mess things up.
(And you're welcome)
WhiteRider is offline  
Old 01-07-2011, 02:28 PM   #8222
Muskelbiber
centurion
 
Muskelbiber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 176
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

tyvm WhiteRider, everything is working fine now.
Muskelbiber is offline  
Old 01-08-2011, 07:01 AM   #8223
MrAggromonkey
old hand
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,215
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

In the reports tab, I am trying to create a filter to show only hands where the player flatted a 3 bet. There doesn't seem to be a filter for that.

Also, when I generate a list of hands from a report that I have created, is there any way to get the system to replay a selected hand from the list?

Thanks!
MrAggromonkey is offline  
Old 01-08-2011, 07:40 AM   #8224
WhiteRider
Pooh-Bah
 
WhiteRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 5,337
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

You can filter for "Facing > Call 3 Bet" AND "Actions > Cold Called" AND NOT "Actions > 3 Bet Opp". I think that should get all and only hands where you flatted a 3-bet, except those where you are in the blinds as that wouldn't count as a cold call. If you want to include those you'll need to use "NOT (Open Limp OR Limp w/Prev Callers).

If you include the "Hand #" stat in a custom report you can double-click a hand to open and replay it.
WhiteRider is offline  
Old 01-08-2011, 11:51 AM   #8225
bluto
grinder
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Self loathing and isolation
Posts: 548
Re: PokerTracker v3.08 Official Release (60 day trial)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluto View Post
my hud usually isn't able to start when i begin auto import. i hear the hard drive spinning, and often the cpu gets 100 percent engaged, but it will then settle down with no hud.

stopping/starting hud itself, or stopping/starting auto import doesn't help. i have to shut down and restart PT3 completely. this usually solves the problem, but once in a while i have to shut it down and restart a second time.

SOMETIMES, hud will come up on the first try, but only when i have one table open.
I downloaded the newest version and this has helped the problem immensely. if it starts happening again, i'll send in a support ticket. TYVM.

Two questions:

1. How many postgres processes is the normal amount to have running? If it's possible to have too many, which ones can I safely turn off?

2. Is it possible to offer a lighter version? For example, I'm in the us and can't access most of the sites listed in the import section. Also, I don't really need the tournament features or the table tracker. This would be helpful because I have an older computer and doesn't have a ton of RAM or memory.

Okay, a third question. I purchased the micro version with holdem and omaha, but I don't play omaha (i didn't realize I could buy just one or the other until later.) Can I some how 'get rid' of the omaha section? If I'm not mistaken, I can purchase the add-on just for holdem.

thanks for taking the time to read this. BTW, i love your product, it has helped improved my game by orders of magnitude.
bluto is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive