Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Poker Software Poker-related software official support, e.g., poker trackers, solvers, equity calculators.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2008, 12:34 PM   #651
PokerAce
See our Commercial Software thread
 
PokerAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,309
Re: Pokertracker 3 (Beta Released)

Are you using beta 3? If not, please try it. If you are, please open the PokerTracker.log file, go to the end and see what file it was importing when it crashed. Attach that file to a support ticket on our site and we'll get it fixed.
PokerAce is offline  
Old 02-05-2008, 01:03 PM   #652
RivFader
journeyman
 
RivFader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 373
Re: Pokertracker 3 (Beta Released)

Yes, I am using beta 3.

Do you mean this Pokertracker/Logs/ManualImport_200805 log?
It has no error reports.

I mean I'm importing these dataminepackages that contain like 20,000-30,000 hands each(one day's datamined hands). Windows gives the same pop-up every time I try to import the package. I tried several different packages so it's not an error in the datamined hands.
RivFader is offline  
Old 02-05-2008, 01:17 PM   #653
PokerAce
See our Commercial Software thread
 
PokerAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,309
Re: Pokertracker 3 (Beta Released)

Please attach one of these packages (zipped) to a support ticket on our site.
PokerAce is offline  
Old 02-05-2008, 01:47 PM   #654
allyasia
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,025
Re: Pokertracker 3 (Beta Released)

i find beta 3 very stable now.
when is beta 4 coming out? assuming more feature will be added in beta 4.
for bankroll manager feature, can we have the following feature?
such as main page for PT3, i see how much money i got in site A, site B. in Ewallet. and live roll.
i can manuel input rakeback earn, bonus earn. live result.
bankroll growth graph that will included live and Online (tournment + cash game + bonus &RB)
also another feature
is able to look at winning/losing graphic with seperate line per site.
say if i won $1000 this month.
$400 from ftp, $600 ps
there would be 1 line for total winning/lost
1 line for FTP, and 1 line for PS.
this so i can know where i am making most of the money.
allyasia is offline  
Old 02-05-2008, 02:04 PM   #655
GrimmyBeats
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 87
Re: Pokertracker 3 (Beta Released)

PokerAce,

Are there any plans on optimizations for multi-core environments?

Clustering is maxing out one core while the second sits at idle. Is this intentional, or a limitation of Postgre's clustering functions?
GrimmyBeats is offline  
Old 02-05-2008, 02:11 PM   #656
Viertelkind
newbie
 
Viertelkind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 33
Re: Pokertracker 3 (Beta Released)

As far as i know clustering is done via postgres. Therefore it is a postgres specific problem and not PT3 related
Viertelkind is offline  
Old 02-05-2008, 02:42 PM   #657
PokerAce
See our Commercial Software thread
 
PokerAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,309
Re: Pokertracker 3 (Beta Released)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyasia View Post
i find beta 3 very stable now.
when is beta 4 coming out? assuming more feature will be added in beta 4.
for bankroll manager feature, can we have the following feature?
such as main page for PT3, i see how much money i got in site A, site B. in Ewallet. and live roll.
i can manuel input rakeback earn, bonus earn. live result.
bankroll growth graph that will included live and Online (tournment + cash game + bonus &RB)
also another feature
is able to look at winning/losing graphic with seperate line per site.
say if i won $1000 this month.
$400 from ftp, $600 ps
there would be 1 line for total winning/lost
1 line for FTP, and 1 line for PS.
this so i can know where i am making most of the money.
Bankroll management is planned and will make it easy to track your online and live bankrolls.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Viertelkind View Post
As far as i know clustering is done via postgres. Therefore it is a postgres specific problem and not PT3 related
You are correct. There's nothing we can do to speed up clustering or to adjust the CPU usage, as it's all performed by the database server.
PokerAce is offline  
Old 02-05-2008, 03:12 PM   #658
stakman1011
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
stakman1011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 10,494
Re: Pokertracker 3 (Beta Released)

I'm a complete novice in this sort of thing.

I downloaded beta v.1 and imported all my hands and it worked wonderfully and fast. I was keeping track of all my progress since the new year and loved the new program.

Since beta.1 was working so well for me I didn't bother downloading the second or third beta when I saw they were out.

Then this afternoon when I tried to open PT it said my version was expiring and I should download beta.3. Fair enough, so I did and it was a quick and easy download.

When I open beta.3 however, I find it to be working well again except all my old hands (that had been in beta.1) are gone.

Stupid question I know but, where are they? How do I reimport them?

The only place I had them saved was in beta.1 as I didn't import them into PT version 2.

At any rate, sorry for whatever computer illiteracy I displayed and thanks in advance for any help (as well as your wonderful product)

Stak.
stakman1011 is offline  
Old 02-05-2008, 03:49 PM   #659
allyasia
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,025
Re: Pokertracker 3 (Beta Released)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stakman1011 View Post
I'm a complete novice in this sort of thing.

I downloaded beta v.1 and imported all my hands and it worked wonderfully and fast. I was keeping track of all my progress since the new year and loved the new program.

Since beta.1 was working so well for me I didn't bother downloading the second or third beta when I saw they were out.

Then this afternoon when I tried to open PT it said my version was expiring and I should download beta.3. Fair enough, so I did and it was a quick and easy download.

When I open beta.3 however, I find it to be working well again except all my old hands (that had been in beta.1) are gone.

Stupid question I know but, where are they? How do I reimport them?

The only place I had them saved was in beta.1 as I didn't import them into PT version 2.

At any rate, sorry for whatever computer illiteracy I displayed and thanks in advance for any help (as well as your wonderful product)

Stak.
i think you have to reimport them
because when i download beta2, it say reimport HH. and not to use database from beta 1
allyasia is offline  
Old 02-05-2008, 03:57 PM   #660
APerfect10
old hand
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 1,273
Re: Pokertracker 3 (Beta Released)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stakman1011 View Post
When I open beta.3 however, I find it to be working well again except all my old hands (that had been in beta.1) are gone.

Stupid question I know but, where are they? How do I reimport them?

The only place I had them saved was in beta.1 as I didn't import them into PT version 2.

At any rate, sorry for whatever computer illiteracy I displayed and thanks in advance for any help (as well as your wonderful product)

Stak.
Your database from Beta 1 should still be in tact. It is not being listed under Database->Database Maintenance? (Give it a few seconds)

If you had no issues with Beta 1 you do not have to reimport your hands; however, we do advise doing so. There were some statistical inaccuracies which have been fixed. If you can live with them for the time being then you do not need to re-import at this time.

Regarding your old hand histories, do you have "Move processed files" checked in the Preferences tab under Auto-Import? It should list the directory where your hand histories were moved.

Best regards,

Derek
APerfect10 is offline  
Old 02-05-2008, 04:42 PM   #661
AffleckKGB
journeyman
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 202
Re: Pokertracker 3 (Beta Released)

Is there a way to sync the times between PT2 and PT3 hands as seen in Session Notes.

In PT3, my hands are 3 hours earlier than in PT2, (because I'm on PST I assume) and so hands played between 12 and 3 AM are showing up on different dates, which is a pain when I try to find why a few hands out of 3M werent imported into PT3 and am trying to compare the dates.

Adjusting the "My Day Starts at" filter in PT2 doesnt appear to help.
AffleckKGB is offline  
Old 02-05-2008, 05:31 PM   #662
SoCalRugger
veteran
 
SoCalRugger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Not liking the East Coast
Posts: 2,589
Re: Pokertracker 3 (Beta Released)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerAce View Post
If there's enough demand for it, we could add an option to specify only cash or tournament hands are to be imported.
This would be useful.
SoCalRugger is offline  
Old 02-05-2008, 05:32 PM   #663
PokerAce
See our Commercial Software thread
 
PokerAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,309
Re: Pokertracker 3 (Beta Released)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AffleckKGB View Post
Is there a way to sync the times between PT2 and PT3 hands as seen in Session Notes.

In PT3, my hands are 3 hours earlier than in PT2, (because I'm on PST I assume) and so hands played between 12 and 3 AM are showing up on different dates, which is a pain when I try to find why a few hands out of 3M werent imported into PT3 and am trying to compare the dates.

Adjusting the "My Day Starts at" filter in PT2 doesnt appear to help.
PT3 should be showing the times in local time. If you played the hand at 3 am EST, it should show the hand being played at 12 am. Is this not happening?
PokerAce is offline  
Old 02-05-2008, 06:06 PM   #664
AffleckKGB
journeyman
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 202
Re: Pokertracker 3 (Beta Released)

PT3 is showing the correct times.

Is there a way to get PT2 to show my local time under session detail Start Time and End Time?
AffleckKGB is offline  
Old 02-05-2008, 06:19 PM   #665
PokerAce
See our Commercial Software thread
 
PokerAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,309
Re: Pokertracker 3 (Beta Released)

No, unfortunately there's not.
PokerAce is offline  
Old 02-05-2008, 06:24 PM   #666
allyasia
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,025
Re: Pokertracker 3 (Beta Released)

any word on when beta 4 come out? beta 3 seem very stable.
if there is beta 4, what would be additional stuff in beta 4 (hint:hub hub hub hub)
allyasia is offline  
Old 02-05-2008, 06:49 PM   #667
PokerAce
See our Commercial Software thread
 
PokerAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,309
Re: Pokertracker 3 (Beta Released)

Beta 4 will likely be released later this week. Not a whole lot of new features though, mainly bug fixes. Definitely no HUD in the next one, sorry. Try out the AHK HUD on our forums though.
PokerAce is offline  
Old 02-05-2008, 07:27 PM   #668
allyasia
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 2,025
Re: Pokertracker 3 (Beta Released)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerAce View Post
Beta 4 will likely be released later this week. Not a whole lot of new features though, mainly bug fixes. Definitely no HUD in the next one, sorry. Try out the AHK HUD on our forums though.
i try, it make me feel dumb....as i have problem working the AHK application....
so i'm just gonna stick with PT2 now, and wait for PT3+ hub
allyasia is offline  
Old 02-05-2008, 07:34 PM   #669
curious123
adept
 
curious123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: not impressed by your perforaments
Posts: 720
Re: Pokertracker 3 (Beta Released)

Quote:
Bankroll management is planned and will make it easy to track your online and live bankrolls.
I guess for w/e reason many people will want it like this, but I hope we don't have to treat live and online as separate bankrolls.
curious123 is offline  
Old 02-05-2008, 07:43 PM   #670
PokerAce
See our Commercial Software thread
 
PokerAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,309
Re: Pokertracker 3 (Beta Released)

Quote:
Originally Posted by curious123 View Post
I guess for w/e reason many people will want it like this, but I hope we don't have to treat live and online as separate bankrolls.
No, you won't have to treat them as separate bankrolls.
PokerAce is offline  
Old 02-05-2008, 08:10 PM   #671
Mucking Monkey
enthusiast
 
Mucking Monkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 74
Re: Pokertracker 3 (Beta Released)

Will PokerTracker 3 run slower when you start adding features?

I can't figure out where to update this beta version.

Am I allowed to just keep this beta version instead of buying the full version? I don't really need all the other features, just the basic stuff the beta has right now.

I've never bought any kind of software for online poker, but I will probably be buying this.
Mucking Monkey is offline  
Old 02-05-2008, 08:13 PM   #672
GrandMelon
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
GrandMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: typical hunk
Posts: 7,734
Re: Pokertracker 3 (Beta Released)

ok this might be a really ******ed question but whatever

So i downloaded PT3(the postgresql one) and when it goes to open it has this little box asking to configure postgresql server configurations. It asks for a password and I cant remember what it is. Im pretty sure when i set it up I used some default password so I have no idea what it is.

Is there a way to recover this password?
GrandMelon is offline  
Old 02-05-2008, 08:17 PM   #673
Viertelkind
newbie
 
Viertelkind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 33
Re: Pokertracker 3 (Beta Released)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucking Monkey View Post
Will PokerTracker 3 run slower when you start adding features?

I can't figure out where to update this beta version.

Am I allowed to just keep this beta version instead of buying the full version? I don't really need all the other features, just the basic stuff the beta has right now.

I've never bought any kind of software for online poker, but I will probably be buying this.
Beta will expire automatically at a certain date. Therefore, if you find this tool useful (which it certainly is) you will have to buy it once beta phase is over.
Viertelkind is offline  
Old 02-05-2008, 08:21 PM   #674
_dave_
_Pooh_Bah_
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: UK (or what remains of it)
Posts: 13,126
Re: Pokertracker 3 (Beta Released)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandMelon View Post
ok this might be a really ******ed question but whatever

So i downloaded PT3(the postgresql one) and when it goes to open it has this little box asking to configure postgresql server configurations. It asks for a password and I cant remember what it is. Im pretty sure when i set it up I used some default password so I have no idea what it is.

Is there a way to recover this password?
If you already have postgresql installed, you want to *without* postgresql version most likely.

There are "forgotten password" on the PT3 forums in the postgresql section.
_dave_ is offline  
Old 02-05-2008, 08:42 PM   #675
jfletcher
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 512
Re: Pokertracker 3 (Beta Released)

Apologies if this was addressed somewhere in the first 67 pages...

If I download the beta of PT3, can I use my old PAHUD with it, until the PT HUD is out?

Also, is there a way in PT3 to sync the data files on two computers running the software. As it is now, you just have to export all the hands back and forth, as I understand it.
jfletcher is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:14 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive