Originally Posted by jessie
My (Hero) HUD stats are alternating every 25 seconds or so between current session and total database. Very annoying - anything I can do to fix it?
Please enable logging (Configure --> Options --> Logging Enabled needs to be checked, if it isn't, check it and restart PT3) then reproduce this issue on as few tables as possible (preferably one; it makes the logs easier to read) and then attach the C:\Program Files\PokerTracker 3\PokerTracker.log and C:\Program Files\PokerTracker 3\PokerTrackerHud.log files to a support request
so that we can examine what exactly is going on in your case in greater detail and make sure it gets resolved.
Originally Posted by pluscount
30 hands total is beyond worthless. You should put a sticky on your site that says no observed hands on PS so new buyers won't be deceived.
Not to be nitpicky, but 30 is not 0. If you are playing 18 tables at once, spread evenly, yeah, 30 hands isn't a lot. If you're playing 4 tables it's at least something.
Regardless, PokerStars didn't give us any choice in the matter
, and we will
comply with Stars in order to stay off of their banned list.
However, if you email them and tell them that this restriction is overzealous and try to be nice about it, and enough people do it with you they may change their mind. They changed their mind about TableTracker, they can change their mind here too, but you need to explain to them clearly and concisely why this restriction of theirs is not appropriate. And the more people you get to join you the more likely it is to succeed.
Originally Posted by Ricks
TableNavigator is getting bogged down when using beta 16 auto import, only playing four tables of limit. I had no problem with beta 15.
It's good to have a specific script to target; I'll take a look at this script later and see if I can figure anything out so we can get this issue resolved.
Originally Posted by r1tony
the hud stays frozen on screen when stars is even closed... my god..
Heres a pic:
It stats in process pokertrack3tablecover thats not responding! Hmm.. wonder what that could be?!
Could you please enable logging as explained above and send the C:\Program Files\PokerTracker 3\PokerTracker.log and C:\Program Files\PokerTracker 3\PokerTrackerHud.log files in to our support system
so that we can examine in greater detail what is going on for you?
Originally Posted by NoTurns
Did a quick scan of the last 4 or so pages and didn't find the answer. How am I supposed to "activate" this Table Tracker? Can't use it now .
Once you have put in your PokerTracker 3 registration code (TableTracker is only available for registered PT3 users) TableTracker should be available; have you registered and are you still having trouble?
Originally Posted by BadLieutenant
I just finished a 3K hands session 18 tabling PS , and Beta 16 works like a charm......buh bye HM
Hooray! It's nice to see posts like this
Originally Posted by aprillin6
Have another question...
Just downloaded the beta 16 but hud is on the wrong position when i first sat down but normal after i played a hand.
This did not happen with beta 15.
Can anyone please help.
Thanks in advance.
I thought we had fixed that particular issue; I think it's originally a result of the auto-center/preferred-seating code not realizing you're sitting down until you've played a hand.
If you could also reproduce this and attach the aforementioned log files to a support ticket, we would appreciate it.
Originally Posted by sengir
I'm running version 3.00.2 right now, and I would like to know if I have to re-import all hands in my database if I decide to install beta 16.
There were a lot of import bugs between Build 2 and Beta 16 which have been resolved, so while it's not strictly necessary, it's a good idea since I'm sure you'll want all of your stats to be accurate.
Originally Posted by PourTheCoal
PT3 has been running smoothly for me and has been for a while now. Just wanted to add my vote so we can get to new added features instead of tinkering with bugs to pacify the vocal minority lol.
In case you haven't seen it, in the State of the PokerTracker
thread, we have made a promise to have all features from PT2 that were missing implemented in PT3 by the end of September.
So you'll start seeing new features very soon, don't worry.
Originally Posted by GoCubsGo
I sent in my support ticket this afternoon, we'll see how long it takes.
We make an effort to have some response to every ticket within 24 hours. I haven't looked at the queue yet this morning, but if you haven't gotten a response by now you will shortly from either myself or a colleague.
Originally Posted by Djay
I made a post in this thread asking if its possible to get a rough estimate on when you will be adding support for more sites. I know there is a development plan out, but it is very general.
Sorry for crossposting, but the other post seems to get little response.
After we achieve PT2-feature-completeness (see my response to a prior comment above) then we are going to add in new site support for our missing sites rapidly. Once we have done that, then more new shiny features get added.
Originally Posted by WCGRider
Makes me sort of upset i bought pt3, was always a big pt fan and i actually bought pt3 before deciding hm was way better and buying that additionally. It actually makes me sad my attitude was always **** Holdem Manager PT is the industry standard that I have come to love and im sure their new product will kick some serious ass. But then it didnt
Here are my problems with PT3
1) Not having all in luck in the graph section is sort of annoying
2) The HUD was just ******ed for at least a couple months, i dont know about in recent times but i still think the hud looks uglier then hm/gave me so many issues that i just hate it now.
3) The database seemed to repeatedly crash
4) It runs wayyyyyy slower then HM
5) I dont think the layout is as smooth as hm, nor is it as easy in hm to get to the information i want to see.
So can someone who works with PT3 explain to me your plan on fixing these things, why maybe i am the only one having these problems, and maybe my purchase of pt3 wasnt a complete waste because of how much better HM is?
To answer your points one by one:
(1) This is a planned feature. The bugs that everybody has been complaining so vocally about (and kept me, personally from using PT3 until a few days ago) have finally been laid to rest. So we can get started on the planned features list. First comes all of the PT2 features that aren't in PT3 yet. Then comes site support for a wide variety of sites. Then come other new features. I think you'll agree that this ordering is at least reasonable.
(2) The HUD has had serious issues. As far as I can tell, they're 99.9% resolved now. I'm in fact in the middle of putting together an advanced how to on HUD configuration with what (I hope anyway) will be a much more powerful HUD for people like me who multitable and want a lot of data at their fingertips. (Though it'll be built for my idiosyncrasies, I'll be explaining how I did what I did and hopefully that could help you if you want to come up with something slightly different.) I'll post a link to the howto here once it's been written.
(3) This should not be happening. If it does, please submit your PokerTracker.log file and the last three log files in the pg_log directory to our support system
so that we can find out what is causing this for you and help you get it resolved.
(4) Beta 16 and the cache should fix a lot of the slowdown issues. Personally I've never used HM so I can't say from experience what runs faster or slower for me. There is still more database optimization to come, but features and sites are a higher priority now that the cache exists. (Though there will likely be some cache improvements coming in the near future so that caching is a process that's transparent to the user.)
(5) Again, I can't comment on the direct comparison, but if you'll tell me what you want to see, I'd be glad to help show you how to set it up. Our custom reports are very powerful and when you add in the custom stats interface, you really can show pretty much anything you'd like.