Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Poker Software Poker-related software official support, e.g., poker trackers, solvers, equity calculators.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2008, 02:12 PM   #4451
NickStam
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: CT
Posts: 715
Re: New Software: PokerTracker 3 - 3.00.2 (Beta 14 available) - 01-July-2008

I had FTP mail me all my hands from the first half of June because i bought a new computer and switched to PT3.

Is importing these hands as simple as using the manual import feature and pointing PT3 to this huge file FTP sent me?

I've never done this before, that's why I'm asking the newb question.
NickStam is offline  
Old 07-06-2008, 02:27 PM   #4452
§437 Nr. 3
veteran
 
§437 Nr. 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Schland
Posts: 2,098
Re: New Software: PokerTracker 3 - 3.00.2 (Beta 14 available) - 01-July-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraada View Post

Please try renaming the C:\Program Files\PokerTracker 3\Layouts.pt3 file to Layouts.backup; this will temporarily move your customized layout out of the way and PT3 will use a new default layout. The default layout should be pretty quick
I tried this btw and it didnt change my layout to the standard one. I even tried to delete the .pt3 file and my old layout would still appear.

so can anyone upload the standard layout file (.pt3) pls?
§437 Nr. 3 is offline  
Old 07-06-2008, 09:10 PM   #4453
funinbed
journeyman
 
funinbed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 371
Re: New Software: PokerTracker 3 - 3.00.2 (Beta 14 available) - 01-July-2008

Does PT3 have donk bet stats now? If not when?
funinbed is offline  
Old 07-06-2008, 09:11 PM   #4454
Kraada
See our Commercial Software thread
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 6,489
Re: New Software: PokerTracker 3 - 3.00.2 (Beta 14 available) - 01-July-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by pozmanaught View Post
Which sites will table tracker eventually work with?
At the moment, we are hoping it will work with every site that PT3 supports. PokerStars support was added in the most recent beta release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickStam View Post
I had FTP mail me all my hands from the first half of June because i bought a new computer and switched to PT3.

Is importing these hands as simple as using the manual import feature and pointing PT3 to this huge file FTP sent me?

I've never done this before, that's why I'm asking the newb question.
Yes, it's just that simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by §437 Nr. 3 View Post
I tried this btw and it didnt change my layout to the standard one. I even tried to delete the .pt3 file and my old layout would still appear.

so can anyone upload the standard layout file (.pt3) pls?
I misquoted the location; I apologize for that. It's C:\Program Files\PokerTracker 3\Data\Layouts.pt3 not just PT3\Layouts.pt3 which would make a difference.
Kraada is offline  
Old 07-06-2008, 11:31 PM   #4455
il_martilo
Pooh-Bah
 
il_martilo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,137
Re: New Software: PokerTracker 3 - 3.00.2 (Beta 14 available) - 01-July-2008

Ok, I left for europe 2 weeks ago (june 20 or so) and PT was working just fine. I get back today and when I go to play it says "this version of poker tracker is expired."

So I look on the website and see there has been an update. I download the newest version, install it, and try to open it up. Now all the sudden, the ****ing program thinks I am on the trial version when I have already boughten the program! So I enter my registration code and it says it's invalid.

What the hell is going on?!
il_martilo is offline  
Old 07-07-2008, 12:05 AM   #4456
BanZaY
old hand
 
BanZaY's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Chile
Posts: 1,483
Re: New Software: PokerTracker 3 - 3.00.2 (Beta 14 available) - 01-July-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by il_martilo View Post
Ok, I left for europe 2 weeks ago (june 20 or so) and PT was working just fine. I get back today and when I go to play it says "this version of poker tracker is expired."

So I look on the website and see there has been an update. I download the newest version, install it, and try to open it up. Now all the sudden, the ****ing program thinks I am on the trial version when I have already boughten the program! So I enter my registration code and it says it's invalid.

What the hell is going on?!

email support, not here
BanZaY is offline  
Old 07-07-2008, 04:40 AM   #4457
moafreddie
centurion
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 126
Re: New Software: PokerTracker 3 - 3.00.2 (Beta 14 available) - 01-July-2008

how do i get my observed hands to import on party poker someone gave me this linka while back but it doesnt work

http://www.jukofyork.com/freephg.htm

i know i need a handgrabber its just the above dosent seem to work are there any other options?

Last edited by moafreddie; 07-07-2008 at 04:47 AM.
moafreddie is offline  
Old 07-07-2008, 07:49 AM   #4458
NickStam
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: CT
Posts: 715
Re: New Software: PokerTracker 3 - 3.00.2 (Beta 14 available) - 01-July-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraada View Post
At the moment, we are hoping it will work with every site that PT3 supports. PokerStars support was added in the most recent beta release.



Yes, it's just that simple.



I misquoted the location; I apologize for that. It's C:\Program Files\PokerTracker 3\Data\Layouts.pt3 not just PT3\Layouts.pt3 which would make a difference.
That was easy. I imported about 30,000 hands in about 5 minutes including the clustering.
NickStam is offline  
Old 07-07-2008, 08:26 AM   #4459
Kraada
See our Commercial Software thread
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 6,489
Re: New Software: PokerTracker 3 - 3.00.2 (Beta 14 available) - 01-July-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by il_martilo View Post
Ok, I left for europe 2 weeks ago (june 20 or so) and PT was working just fine. I get back today and when I go to play it says "this version of poker tracker is expired."

So I look on the website and see there has been an update. I download the newest version, install it, and try to open it up. Now all the sudden, the ****ing program thinks I am on the trial version when I have already boughten the program! So I enter my registration code and it says it's invalid.

What the hell is going on?!
The original Build 2 release expired before Build 3 was completed. We re-released Build 2 with an extended expiration date, which you can redownload and reinstall if you are happy with it. However, we have fixed a variety of known issues in the Beta series and at this time we recommend upgrading to Beta 14 (since you had it working, you'll want the version without PostgreSQL) which you can find on the download page by scrolling down past Build 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moafreddie View Post
how do i get my observed hands to import on party poker someone gave me this linka while back but it doesnt work

http://www.jukofyork.com/freephg.htm

i know i need a handgrabber its just the above dosent seem to work are there any other options?
To my knowledge FreePHG is still sufficiently functional for PT3, though I can't test it myself. Try saving the files as .txt instead of .hhf if that's the default and it might work better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickStam View Post
That was easy. I imported about 30,000 hands in about 5 minutes including the clustering.
Glad it worked well for you

Clustering will take longer the more hands you have in the database, but you don't need to cluster all that often (every 50-100k hands would be fine, and we are going to introduce certain optimizations that may make that even unnecessary as well).
Kraada is offline  
Old 07-07-2008, 10:14 AM   #4460
funinbed
journeyman
 
funinbed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 371
Re: New Software: PokerTracker 3 - 3.00.2 (Beta 14 available) - 01-July-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by funinbed View Post
Does PT3 have donk bet stats now? If not when?
I think this one was missed.
funinbed is offline  
Old 07-07-2008, 10:53 AM   #4461
Kraada
See our Commercial Software thread
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 6,489
Re: New Software: PokerTracker 3 - 3.00.2 (Beta 14 available) - 01-July-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by funinbed View Post
I think this one was missed.
Oops, sorry about that

Yes, PT3 has donk bet stats now. Donk Bet turn and river are standard stats, and donk bet flop is creatable as a custom statistic, which, while it's not in the repository right now, will be available there shortly. (Though it's a good exercise in how to make a custom stat, also
Kraada is offline  
Old 07-07-2008, 11:39 AM   #4462
§437 Nr. 3
veteran
 
§437 Nr. 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Schland
Posts: 2,098
Re: New Software: PokerTracker 3 - 3.00.2 (Beta 14 available) - 01-July-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraada View Post


I misquoted the location; I apologize for that. It's C:\Program Files\PokerTracker 3\Data\Layouts.pt3 not just PT3\Layouts.pt3 which would make a difference.
tried that and made no difference, but i guess Josh has that figured out already
§437 Nr. 3 is offline  
Old 07-07-2008, 12:06 PM   #4463
Kraada
See our Commercial Software thread
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 6,489
Re: New Software: PokerTracker 3 - 3.00.2 (Beta 14 available) - 01-July-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by §437 Nr. 3 View Post
tried that and made no difference, but i guess Josh has that figured out already
Deleting the Layouts.pt3 file really should reset your HUD to the default . . . are you running the most recent Beta? (You're the first person I've heard say that deleting the file didn't reset the HUD; I can try and get you a default pt3 file later today though once I've caught up on some other things.)
Kraada is offline  
Old 07-07-2008, 12:41 PM   #4464
§437 Nr. 3
veteran
 
§437 Nr. 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Schland
Posts: 2,098
Re: New Software: PokerTracker 3 - 3.00.2 (Beta 14 available) - 01-July-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraada View Post
Deleting the Layouts.pt3 file really should reset your HUD to the default . . . are you running the most recent Beta? (You're the first person I've heard say that deleting the file didn't reset the HUD; I can try and get you a default pt3 file later today though once I've caught up on some other things.)

ooh sorryei didnt make myself clear. yeah it worked as the default HUD showed up, tho the lag hadnt gone better and the stats arent updating still
§437 Nr. 3 is offline  
Old 07-07-2008, 02:31 PM   #4465
Kraada
See our Commercial Software thread
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 6,489
Re: New Software: PokerTracker 3 - 3.00.2 (Beta 14 available) - 01-July-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by §437 Nr. 3 View Post
ooh sorryei didnt make myself clear. yeah it worked as the default HUD showed up, tho the lag hadnt gone better and the stats arent updating still
Ah! That makes much more sense

Please make sure logging is enabled (Configure --> Options --> Logging Enabled is checked; restart PT3 if it asks you to) and please reproduce the situation then send us these logs via our support system. Please make it clear what is going on in your support request and mention that you are using a default layout and still having these issues so that we know everything that's already been tried.
Kraada is offline  
Old 07-07-2008, 02:57 PM   #4466
mocky
veteran
 
mocky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 2,517
Re: New Software: PokerTracker 3 - 3.00.2 (Beta 14 available) - 01-July-2008

Any time frame on selective purging and selective exporting of hands guys?
mocky is offline  
Old 07-07-2008, 03:17 PM   #4467
Kraada
See our Commercial Software thread
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 6,489
Re: New Software: PokerTracker 3 - 3.00.2 (Beta 14 available) - 01-July-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by mocky View Post
Any time frame on selective purging and selective exporting of hands guys?
Selective purge and selective exporting is near the top of the list of non-site support new features we want to add.

I can't give an exact ETA but I'd be surprised if it wasn't implemented in the next few weeks.
Kraada is offline  
Old 07-07-2008, 03:26 PM   #4468
mdwexford
centurion
 
mdwexford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ireland
Posts: 176
Re: New Software: PokerTracker 3 - 3.00.2 (Beta 14 available) - 01-July-2008

Can i still not select multiple sessions in the sessions tab.
Is there still no numbers in the hud to display how many times someone has done something like in PT2 instead of just a percentage.

Perhaps im just ******ed and am missing something, maybe not though.
mdwexford is offline  
Old 07-07-2008, 03:28 PM   #4469
DMoogle
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DMoogle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Northern VA, USA
Posts: 7,136
Re: New Software: PokerTracker 3 - 3.00.2 (Beta 14 available) - 01-July-2008

So when's Build 3 going to be released?
DMoogle is offline  
Old 07-07-2008, 04:18 PM   #4470
Kraada
See our Commercial Software thread
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 6,489
Re: New Software: PokerTracker 3 - 3.00.2 (Beta 14 available) - 01-July-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdwexford View Post
Can i still not select multiple sessions in the sessions tab.
Is there still no numbers in the hud to display how many times someone has done something like in PT2 instead of just a percentage.

Perhaps im just ******ed and am missing something, maybe not though.
These features are planned but not yet available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMoogle View Post
So when's Build 3 going to be released?
We may have one more beta later this week first just to make sure we have everything squashed in it. So the optimistic answer is within a week from today (or tomorrow). The less optimistic answer is, sometime in the next week after that. I'd be surprised if it took longer than that at this point.
Kraada is offline  
Old 07-07-2008, 04:35 PM   #4471
Lalu
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 54
Re: New Software: PokerTracker 3 - 3.00.2 (Beta 14 available) - 01-July-2008

Sorry if this has been asked before, but this thread is rather long Is there a stat in PT3 HUD which gives a person's % raise from each position (or maybe VPIP in each position). Just basically, a way to see a person's stats in each position, UTG, MP, etc. Also, is there any way to get rid of the default things in HUD that we might not happen to need like total AF?
Lalu is offline  
Old 07-07-2008, 05:15 PM   #4472
mdwexford
centurion
 
mdwexford's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ireland
Posts: 176
Re: New Software: PokerTracker 3 - 3.00.2 (Beta 14 available) - 01-July-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kraada View Post
These features are planned but not yet available.

Planned when please.

These seem like two very basic things to implement that shouldnt take long to do??
mdwexford is offline  
Old 07-07-2008, 06:35 PM   #4473
Kraada
See our Commercial Software thread
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 6,489
Re: New Software: PokerTracker 3 - 3.00.2 (Beta 14 available) - 01-July-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalu View Post
Sorry if this has been asked before, but this thread is rather long Is there a stat in PT3 HUD which gives a person's % raise from each position (or maybe VPIP in each position). Just basically, a way to see a person's stats in each position, UTG, MP, etc. Also, is there any way to get rid of the default things in HUD that we might not happen to need like total AF?
Positional statistics are planned but not yet available. To remove statistics from the HUD go into the HUD Configuration on the stats tab and double click on the stat in the upper right. For more information see How To: HUD Configuration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdwexford View Post
Planned when please.

These seem like two very basic things to implement that shouldnt take long to do??
If I had a concrete timeline to give you, I would. But I don't have one. There are a ton of small features that seem basic and simple and haven't been implemented that we are going to get to. Right now the plan is to finish stabilizing the HUD, hopefully this week. Then we're going to focus on adding sites supported in PT2 and other features that were in PT2 but have not yet been implemented in PT3.

We are hoping that the HUD will be stable within a week and so new features will start getting released rapidly thereafter. I hope you understand that I'd rather not give you a time than give you a specific date and have us not hit it. So, we will get there. Hopefully sooner, rather than later.
Kraada is offline  
Old 07-07-2008, 09:00 PM   #4474
LittleChamp
centurion
 
LittleChamp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 135
Re: New Software: PokerTracker 3 - 3.00.2 (Beta 14 available) - 01-July-2008

I keep hearing "analyze your game" using PT3. How do I do that exactly ?? I am using PT3 on a trial basis and I am ready to actually buy.. a tracking software but, I would like to know how to ACTUALLY USE pt3 TO GET BETTER..

I know how to use the hud ... and its nice to keep accurate records ... BUT...

I am ready to start analyzing my game and my opponents games but dont know how to do that...

can someone point me in the right direction.
LittleChamp is offline  
Old 07-07-2008, 11:47 PM   #4475
resboard
grinder
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 522
Re: New Software: PokerTracker 3 - 3.00.2 (Beta 14 available) - 01-July-2008

I am having an issue with the HUD on Full Tilt. Hopefully someone can help me. I table select first by looking at the avg players to flop then pot size. I choose tables and join and then sit out and wait for stats to load to make sure its a good table. Well with PT3 the stats show up in the wrong seats. As soon as i sit in and get delt some hands it fixes, but i really need this too put the stats in the right places. Is this a known bug? how can i fix this?

I can post a screen shot if needed
resboard is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive