Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Poker Software Poker-related software official support, e.g., poker trackers, solvers, equity calculators.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2008, 03:11 PM   #401
benjdr
centurion
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 126
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

Am I being stupid or can you not set who you are yet? Sorry if this has been answered already.
benjdr is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 03:23 PM   #402
fozzy71
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
fozzy71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 8 Mile + 2.5
Posts: 37,558
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

Correct, you can not yet do that. It has been asked, at least a few times.

Last edited by fozzy71; 01-27-2008 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Had to bite my tongue a little bit. You really set yourself up for an easy cheap shot. :p
fozzy71 is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 04:09 PM   #403
cato988
centurion
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 171
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

no mac version!
cato988 is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 04:41 PM   #404
Viertelkind
newbie
 
Viertelkind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 33
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by cato988 View Post
no mac version!
Well, they communicated quite often that the mac version will come later...
Viertelkind is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 05:05 PM   #405
benjdr
centurion
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 126
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

I had an interesting experience with adding an alias.
I only had about 5k hands loaded in PT3 to test it out, and added my stars alias to my party alias. PT took around 10 seconds to presumably carry out the SQL queries. Seemed far too long for a small hand sample size.

Has anyone else had similar experiences?
benjdr is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 05:30 PM   #406
Greg29
grinder
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 649
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerAce View Post
Do you have any filters applied? Certain filters may cause it to take longer. Without filters, and with only 80k hands, the list should load very quickly.
Yes you're right I had a filter on for the stakes played. Those filters are basically unusable right now, whenever I check a stake, it takes several minutes to load. When I remove the filters, it's quicker, but still much longer than I expected (longer than on PT2). Anyone else has this issue ?
Greg29 is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 05:40 PM   #407
Peligroso
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 505
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjdr View Post
I had an interesting experience with adding an alias.
I only had about 5k hands loaded in PT3 to test it out, and added my stars alias to my party alias. PT took around 10 seconds to presumably carry out the SQL queries. Seemed far too long for a small hand sample size.

Has anyone else had similar experiences?
Yes, adding aliases takes some time, but it's done in such a way so that the retrieval speeds will still be as fast as possible after the aliases are added. Remember, adding aliases is something that you're likely to only do a few times, so this is the best way of doing it.
Peligroso is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 05:45 PM   #408
Greg29
grinder
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 649
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

BTW, what's the difference between rake and MGR ? My total MGR is bigger than my total rake, which I dont get since I have a couple of months of data.
Greg29 is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 06:09 PM   #409
NoMeansYes_
Pooh-Bah
 
NoMeansYes_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,509
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

Imported 85k hands from last 2 months, no errors, everything great. Starting importing between 700k - 1million hands from 2005 til today and I'm getting a lot of errors from 2005 hand histories. This probably isn't that big of a problem, but are older hand histories from party poker not all supported?
NoMeansYes_ is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 06:10 PM   #410
duh
Pooh-Bah
 
duh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,747
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

I am in love with pt3.


when can I ship you my moniez????????



edit to add: 400h/s OMFG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
duh is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 06:28 PM   #411
samsonh
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Belmont Alum
Posts: 3,524
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

Looks great. I was trying to import around 3300 files/150k hands and got an error that caused PT3 to shut down halfway through. running Vista fwiw. Great work on this though guys, can't wait to see later features.
samsonh is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 06:29 PM   #412
PokerAce
See our Commercial Software thread
 
PokerAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,309
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg29 View Post
Yes you're right I had a filter on for the stakes played. Those filters are basically unusable right now, whenever I check a stake, it takes several minutes to load. When I remove the filters, it's quicker, but still much longer than I expected (longer than on PT2). Anyone else has this issue ?
Did you cluster your database after importing?
PokerAce is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 06:30 PM   #413
PokerAce
See our Commercial Software thread
 
PokerAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,309
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg29 View Post
BTW, what's the difference between rake and MGR ? My total MGR is bigger than my total rake, which I dont get since I have a couple of months of data.
Rake is the rake taken from hands you won. MGR is rake for hand / players in hand, and is used by most sites to calculate rakeback.
PokerAce is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 06:31 PM   #414
_dave_
_Pooh_Bah_
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: UK (or what remains of it)
Posts: 13,126
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMeansYes_ View Post
Imported 85k hands from last 2 months, no errors, everything great. Starting importing between 700k - 1million hands from 2005 til today and I'm getting a lot of errors from 2005 hand histories. This probably isn't that big of a problem, but are older hand histories from party poker not all supported?
I believe old format HHF should be supported. Please find some troublesome hands and send them in on a support ticket so Josh can look in to them
_dave_ is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 06:31 PM   #415
PokerAce
See our Commercial Software thread
 
PokerAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,309
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMeansYes_ View Post
Imported 85k hands from last 2 months, no errors, everything great. Starting importing between 700k - 1million hands from 2005 til today and I'm getting a lot of errors from 2005 hand histories. This probably isn't that big of a problem, but are older hand histories from party poker not all supported?
No, these should be supported. Please attach some of the hands that are erroring to a support ticket on our site.
PokerAce is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 07:14 PM   #416
SaiYeN
grinder
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 549
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

With my windows theme, the colors for the inactive tabs are black. Makes it a bit hard to read the name on it. A setting to change the color for it would be nice or maybe just have it not rely on one's windows setting.
SaiYeN is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 07:30 PM   #417
PokerAce
See our Commercial Software thread
 
PokerAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,309
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaiYeN View Post
With my windows theme, the colors for the inactive tabs are black. Makes it a bit hard to read the name on it. A setting to change the color for it would be nice or maybe just have it not rely on one's windows setting.
This will be fixed. The default colors the control chooses are bad, I just haven't gotten around to changing them yet.
PokerAce is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 08:01 PM   #418
DpR
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 1,771
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerAce View Post
This problem is caused by Norton or CA Security software. Disable it when you start PT3 and it should start with no problem.
I disabled everything i could find on Norton, and the same problem is there. I cant figure out how to actually totally close the program, man I hate computers somtimes.

PT worked fine on my other computer, but that is of course no use to me (oddly it has the same NAV).

Any ideas?
DpR is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 08:14 PM   #419
DrewOnTilt
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
DrewOnTilt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: 106 miles to Chicago
Posts: 7,748
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

When the HUD is released, will we be able to filter to show stats based only on a particular game type, especially Limit vs No Limit, cash vs. tournament, etc? (I apologize if this has already been answered).

I ask because I keep my datamined Limit and NL hands in separate databases. It would be nice to not have to continue to maintain 2 different databases. All of the PT3 documentation says that this will no longer be necessary, but will the HUD offer this filtering capability?

Please let me know, so that I can set up my new PT3 databases correctly.
DrewOnTilt is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 08:24 PM   #420
PokerAce
See our Commercial Software thread
 
PokerAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,309
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by DpR View Post
I disabled everything i could find on Norton, and the same problem is there. I cant figure out how to actually totally close the program, man I hate computers somtimes.

PT worked fine on my other computer, but that is of course no use to me (oddly it has the same NAV).

Any ideas?
Is there any way to shut the Norton software off? I will be trying to work around this, but it might take a while.
PokerAce is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 08:25 PM   #421
PokerAce
See our Commercial Software thread
 
PokerAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,309
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewOnTilt View Post
When the HUD is released, will we be able to filter to show stats based only on a particular game type, especially Limit vs No Limit, cash vs. tournament, etc? (I apologize if this has already been answered).

I ask because I keep my datamined Limit and NL hands in separate databases. It would be nice to not have to continue to maintain 2 different databases. All of the PT3 documentation says that this will no longer be necessary, but will the HUD offer this filtering capability?

Please let me know, so that I can set up my new PT3 databases correctly.
I'm not sure how much filtering capability will be available when the HUD is first released, but you'll be able to filter by all this stuff before it's complete.
PokerAce is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 08:27 PM   #422
_dave_
_Pooh_Bah_
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: UK (or what remains of it)
Posts: 13,126
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by DpR View Post
I disabled everything i could find on Norton, and the same problem is there. I cant figure out how to actually totally close the program, man I hate computers somtimes.

PT worked fine on my other computer, but that is of course no use to me (oddly it has the same NAV).

Any ideas?
Norton Internet Security is the problem IIRC, and it should be disabled during the installation process. I believe it can be re-enabled one install is complete.

Not sure tho, most reported problems of this nature were CA Security.
_dave_ is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 10:18 PM   #423
DpR
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 1,771
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

Ugh, I cant get it to start. I can only seem to disable NOrton, cant actually close the whole program. No clue what the problems is, PT loaded fine on my non poker computer that also has NAV. The only difference is that the one that works has NAV 07 whereas the one that doesnt has 2006.
DpR is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 10:46 PM   #424
_dave_
_Pooh_Bah_
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: UK (or what remains of it)
Posts: 13,126
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by DpR View Post
Ugh, I cant get it to start. I can only seem to disable NOrton, cant actually close the whole program. No clue what the problems is, PT loaded fine on my non poker computer that also has NAV. The only difference is that the one that works has NAV 07 whereas the one that doesnt has 2006.
I'm gonna quote here from the alpha forums, as I don't think this is top-secret info - and I can't find similar in the main forums...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NL Hitman
I had the same problem. Couldnt get nothing to work. Support told me it was the firewall (norton internet security). I recieved the message registration error. I also couldn't get Postgres to work.
First thing i did was uninstall Norton. Then I installed kaspersky internet security. After doing that I deleted everything from pokertracker 3 and removed the user postgres(from the command prompt) . I also deleted the postgres folder in Crogram files. Then I reinstalled everything again. After doing this everything went really well. Now i got everything working. Looks great so far
_dave_ is offline  
Old 01-28-2008, 12:07 AM   #425
DpR
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 1,771
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dave_ View Post
I'm gonna quote here from the alpha forums, as I don't think this is top-secret info - and I can't find similar in the main forums...
I uninstalled NAV and PT was able to instal and run ok. Then I re-installed NAV and boom, got the same message when trying to start up PT3.......this confuses me.
DpR is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive