Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Poker Software Poker-related software official support, e.g., poker trackers, solvers, equity calculators.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2008, 07:25 AM   #376
grumpy64
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 7,621
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

If you keep your imports small ( under 10k hands) pt3 does much better. Earlier i decided to try it and it really helped. PT3 never froze and it also found several hands that it somehow missed before.
grumpy64 is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 07:58 AM   #377
Entee
adept
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: next season
Posts: 1,063
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounder2k8 View Post
"Error opening installation log file. Verify that the specified log file exists and is writable."

So yeah, no go

Also tried installing from Program Files/PokerTracker 3, but once it was done installing it said "Access Denied".

I hope theres a solution
I had this problem in vista. Disabling UAC (user account control) solved it.
Entee is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 08:45 AM   #378
DpR
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 1,771
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

I cannot get this program to run. It seemed to install jsut fine, but when i click to run it I get a "Poker Tracker Error" dialouge with the note "XML parsing error: 'syntax error' at line 1"

Please advise.

Edit: And the program is listed in the processes tab of the Windows Task Manager, however there is no active program on the desktop.
DpR is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 09:53 AM   #379
PokerAce
See our Commercial Software thread
 
PokerAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,309
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg29 View Post
Loading the list of players in my DB is really really long (5 minutes), is this normal ? I only have about 80K hands in that active DB, although I have another larger DB with like 500K hands.
Do you have any filters applied? Certain filters may cause it to take longer. Without filters, and with only 80k hands, the list should load very quickly.
PokerAce is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 09:53 AM   #380
PokerAce
See our Commercial Software thread
 
PokerAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,309
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rounder2k8 View Post
Here's a screenshot of the PT3 folder...no installation probs that i can recall

http://img175.imageshack.us/my.php?i...3236906nr5.jpg


I'll try re-installing
Make sure when you run PT3, you do so as Administrator.
PokerAce is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 09:54 AM   #381
PokerAce
See our Commercial Software thread
 
PokerAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,309
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyasia View Post
i finally get pt3 to work on import
i think for my, slow core2 duo with 2gb memory notebook
45K hand is import limited, and anything more then that, it crash.
i have break it down to average 40k hand per import. and it works..
import speed.....there is a big variance like poker
fastest import 120h/s
slowest import 8h/s ><
most 20h-40h/s
It's very likely a hand that's causing the crash, not the number of hands you have imported. After an import crash, open up the PokerTracker.log file and see what the last file it was importing is. That's the file likely causing the crash.
PokerAce is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 09:56 AM   #382
PokerAce
See our Commercial Software thread
 
PokerAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,309
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by poker_n00b View Post
The replayer:

When replaying the hands by pressing the "one step forward" button something weird happens to ALL the buttons. The whole replayer screen and buttons appear to "refresh"/blink after every press on the "one step" forward button. Am I only one with this? If necessary, I could make a video of what I mean.

Moreover, the replayer lay out really bugs me. I need more darker colors. Bigger cards as well please. More contrast. More simplicity! I need a solid replayer that does not destract me with its flashy, colorful, blinkful interface. The PT2 replayer layout is perfect!

Another thing with replayer. When I am the knowing starting hands detail window and I select the topmost hand and click replayer, it does not replay THAT hand, but another hand from its internal list. WHY? The replayer does NOT replay the hands in the order from top to bottom. I don't know in what order in replays the hands. What I mean is when I select the AA in the knowing starting hands summary and then sort the hands according to amount won in the known starting hands detail window, and press play it does not play the hands in that order. This is annoying and inconvenient as hell!

Plus, I cannot find the setting for adding a specific username as MY USERNAME. I assume this is not availaible at time.

Please, be kind to address these issues. (I have not made any support tickes of these issues)
The replayer is FAR from finished. It will be customizeable when complete. The hands not playing back in issue of sort has been resolved for the next beta. The "me" setting will be added too. Remember, hardly anything has been "complete" yet. Everything is still a work in progress. A lot will change between now and final release.
PokerAce is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 09:57 AM   #383
PokerAce
See our Commercial Software thread
 
PokerAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,309
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by poker_n00b View Post
Is there / will there be a continuation bet parameter/statistic?

Another question, will we be able to add custom queries? Something like, select all aces where one of the aces was a diamond and it was donked into me on the flop. I really need custom queries. I imagine that people would exchange the custom queries a lot. It adds very big value to your product, which already is the best there is. Nevertheless user would appreciate custom queries capability built in into PT.

GL PtPat anc PA HUD Josh!
Yes, the CBet info is in the database, and we will be adding the stats. You'll be able to create your own custom reports and you will be able to filter for just about anything you want. The possibilities will be endless.
PokerAce is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 09:58 AM   #384
PokerAce
See our Commercial Software thread
 
PokerAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,309
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by DpR View Post
I cannot get this program to run. It seemed to install jsut fine, but when i click to run it I get a "Poker Tracker Error" dialouge with the note "XML parsing error: 'syntax error' at line 1"

Please advise.

Edit: And the program is listed in the processes tab of the Windows Task Manager, however there is no active program on the desktop.
This problem is caused by Norton or CA Security software. Disable it when you start PT3 and it should start with no problem.
PokerAce is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 10:20 AM   #385
fatman20
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 220
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

Any idea when the next beta version will be released?
fatman20 is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 11:00 AM   #386
PokerAce
See our Commercial Software thread
 
PokerAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,309
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

It will probably be a couple days. I want to get a lot of bug fixes in this next one.
PokerAce is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 11:46 AM   #387
gball
adept
 
gball's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 868
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerAce View Post
Make sure when you run PT3, you do so as Administrator.
Just out of curiosity, why normal user rights do not suffice?
gball is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 12:23 PM   #388
chip-star
veteran
 
chip-star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: blogging and twittering
Posts: 2,172
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

Is there any hud you can use with the pt3 beta?
chip-star is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 12:35 PM   #389
PokerAce
See our Commercial Software thread
 
PokerAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,309
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by gball View Post
Just out of curiosity, why normal user rights do not suffice?
I haven't gone through to make it work without admin rights yet. I'm not even sure it's possible with some of the stuff PT3 has to (or will have to) do.
PokerAce is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 12:36 PM   #390
TyCuS
enthusiast
 
TyCuS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Spain / UK
Posts: 57
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

Some bugs calculations: (there are more than I indicate but are so small)

TyCuS is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 12:36 PM   #391
PokerAce
See our Commercial Software thread
 
PokerAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,309
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip-star View Post
Is there any hud you can use with the pt3 beta?
There's an AHK HUD available for download on our forums.
PokerAce is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 01:06 PM   #392
poker_n00b
veteran
 
poker_n00b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Let me tell you something, pendejo
Posts: 2,592
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

Forgive me for my laziness to fill in the support ticket.

I tried to convert pt2 database of 300k hands. 250k hands of pokerstars convert flawless, then pt3.exe crashes when it is somehwere in the middle of converting party hands.

windows tried to send error report and the nly data I was able to copy paste:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
<DATABASE>
<EXE NAME="PokerTracker.exe" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_PRIVACY">
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="PokerTracker.exe" SIZE="3858432" CHECKSUM="0x941A008" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="01/26/2008 03:04:24" UPTO_LINK_DATE="01/26/2008 03:04:24" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="uninstall.exe" SIZE="49146" CHECKSUM="0x2409C41C" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="11/09/2007 16:14:26" UPTO_LINK_DATE="11/09/2007 16:14:26" />
</EXE>
<EXE NAME="kernel32.dll" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_THISFILEONLY">
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="kernel32.dll" SIZE="984576" CHECKSUM="0xF0B331F6" BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.3119" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.3119" PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.3119" FILE_DESCRIPTION="Windows NT BASE API Client DLL" COMPANY_NAME="Microsoft Corporation" PRODUCT_NAME="Microsoft® Windows® Operating System" FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.3119 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.070416-1301)" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="kernel32" INTERNAL_NAME="kernel32" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="© Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved." VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x40004" VERFILETYPE="0x2" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0xF9293" LINKER_VERSION="0x50001" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.3119" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.3119" LINK_DATE="04/16/2007 15:52:53" UPTO_LINK_DATE="04/16/2007 15:52:53" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United States) [0x409]" />
</EXE>
</DATABASE>

I can export 50k hands to textfiles and send it to you, if that wil be any help.
poker_n00b is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 01:06 PM   #393
chip-star
veteran
 
chip-star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: blogging and twittering
Posts: 2,172
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerAce View Post
There's an AHK HUD available for download on our forums.
Are you referring to this thread?

http://www.pokertracker3.com/forums/...php?f=15&t=180

I cant see a link to the zip file there.
chip-star is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 01:09 PM   #394
PokerAce
See our Commercial Software thread
 
PokerAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,309
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by poker_n00b View Post
Forgive me for my laziness to fill in the support ticket.

I tried to convert pt2 database of 300k hands. 250k hands of pokerstars convert flawless, then pt3.exe crashes when it is somehwere in the middle of converting party hands.

windows tried to send error report and the nly data I was able to copy paste:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
<DATABASE>
<EXE NAME="PokerTracker.exe" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_PRIVACY">
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="PokerTracker.exe" SIZE="3858432" CHECKSUM="0x941A008" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="01/26/2008 03:04:24" UPTO_LINK_DATE="01/26/2008 03:04:24" />
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="uninstall.exe" SIZE="49146" CHECKSUM="0x2409C41C" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x0" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="11/09/2007 16:14:26" UPTO_LINK_DATE="11/09/2007 16:14:26" />
</EXE>
<EXE NAME="kernel32.dll" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_THISFILEONLY">
<MATCHING_FILE NAME="kernel32.dll" SIZE="984576" CHECKSUM="0xF0B331F6" BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.3119" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.3119" PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.3119" FILE_DESCRIPTION="Windows NT BASE API Client DLL" COMPANY_NAME="Microsoft Corporation" PRODUCT_NAME="Microsoft® Windows® Operating System" FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.3119 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.070416-1301)" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="kernel32" INTERNAL_NAME="kernel32" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="© Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved." VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x40004" VERFILETYPE="0x2" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0xF9293" LINKER_VERSION="0x50001" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.3119" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.3119" LINK_DATE="04/16/2007 15:52:53" UPTO_LINK_DATE="04/16/2007 15:52:53" VER_LANGUAGE="English (United States) [0x409]" />
</EXE>
</DATABASE>

I can export 50k hands to textfiles and send it to you, if that wil be any help.
Try exporting them and importing them using the manual import method. Let me know if they crash.
PokerAce is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 01:09 PM   #395
PokerAce
See our Commercial Software thread
 
PokerAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,309
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip-star View Post
Are you referring to this thread?

http://www.pokertracker3.com/forums/...php?f=15&t=180

I cant see a link to the zip file there.
Yes. I guess you have to register in order to download attachments from posts.
PokerAce is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 01:58 PM   #396
Goater
adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,137
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

I have not yet purchased/used PT and am really ignorant re database/technical issues so sorry if this is a stupid question.

I currently use a mac and will be using PT3 on my windows partition. At the moment I save all HHs to a file on my mac. Will I be able to have these hands included in a database/shown in PT3 when i purchase PT3?

Sorry for a question that is not directly related to the beta... and that's probably stupid...
Goater is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 02:14 PM   #397
voxx
journeyman
 
voxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: On the Beach
Posts: 383
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

I've just noticed that all my exported from PT2 6 max Party hands didn't import as 6 max. I take it that this is because I told PT2 to import all hands as 6 max as that's all I play but the hand history doesn't show this.
voxx is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 02:29 PM   #398
xixel
enthusiast
 
xixel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 86
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goater View Post
I have not yet purchased/used PT and am really ignorant re database/technical issues so sorry if this is a stupid question.

I currently use a mac and will be using PT3 on my windows partition. At the moment I save all HHs to a file on my mac. Will I be able to have these hands included in a database/shown in PT3 when i purchase PT3?

Sorry for a question that is not directly related to the beta... and that's probably stupid...
I'm going to assume the Mac client you're using saves hand histories in the same fashion, just a simple txt file, then yes you will be able to import or "manually import" from anywhere.
xixel is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 02:36 PM   #399
Goater
adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,137
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

Yes.. they are saved as .txt.

Thats great - thanks for your reply.
Goater is offline  
Old 01-27-2008, 02:41 PM   #400
PokerAce
See our Commercial Software thread
 
PokerAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,309
Re: PokerTracker 3: Beta Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxx View Post
I've just noticed that all my exported from PT2 6 max Party hands didn't import as 6 max. I take it that this is because I told PT2 to import all hands as 6 max as that's all I play but the hand history doesn't show this.
I will be adding the option to default qualifying hands as 6 max and 2 max during imports.
PokerAce is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive