Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Poker Software Poker-related software official support, e.g., poker trackers, solvers, equity calculators.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2008, 08:49 PM   #2551
sinderg
veteran
 
sinderg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: England
Posts: 2,641
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 10 Release - 02-May-2008) - incl. HUD!

can the area where ya click to pop up the drop-down stats be increased on FTP?
sinderg is offline  
Old 05-03-2008, 09:07 PM   #2552
MuckinWinners
adept
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,054
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 9 Release - 23-Apr-2008) - incl. HUD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibster View Post
Make sure you change the "Import Played Hands" database to the new database. Even though I changed my default and active database to the new database that field was not updated. It's on the Import screen just to the right of the site list.
Yes, that was the problem. I found it early this morning. Didn't think to look in the other tab in the import screen. I knew I had my active and default database settings correct, so I thought there was an error in PT3. Such was not the case.

Thanks.
MuckinWinners is offline  
Old 05-03-2008, 09:14 PM   #2553
PokerAce
See our Commercial Software thread
 
PokerAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,309
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 10 Release - 02-May-2008) - incl. HUD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinderg View Post
can the area where ya click to pop up the drop-down stats be increased on FTP?
You can increase the padding of a group to make it larger.
PokerAce is offline  
Old 05-03-2008, 09:35 PM   #2554
dtan05
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Non-poker grinding
Posts: 5,144
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 10 Release - 02-May-2008) - incl. HUD!

can you purge hands in this? I'm tired of waiting for HM to release a version where they say they will purge hands but never do it.
dtan05 is offline  
Old 05-03-2008, 10:47 PM   #2555
jurrasstoil
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
jurrasstoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SHEOL
Posts: 8,743
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 10 Release - 02-May-2008) - incl. HUD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerAce View Post
PT3 auto-imports the new FTP tournament summaries.
And i thought about buying tourney manager... lol...

PT3 kicks ass! great work!
jurrasstoil is offline  
Old 05-03-2008, 11:40 PM   #2556
boc4life
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
boc4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: epicenter of east coast US poker
Posts: 6,910
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 10 Release - 02-May-2008) - incl. HUD!

My hud has disappeared since downloading the newest beta. Has anyone had a similar problem?

The post-showdown analysis stuff is still popping up, but no stats


EDIT: Solved this. I was still trying to draw hands from my last database that is apparently not compatible with beta 10. Does anyone know if more of these updates will occur? It was fairly demoralizing losing the new DB I had built up after a few weeks with new PT. I'd like to avoid that feeling again

Last edited by boc4life; 05-03-2008 at 11:55 PM.
boc4life is offline  
Old 05-03-2008, 11:48 PM   #2557
DerrtySlime
veteran
 
DerrtySlime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,190
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 10 Release - 02-May-2008) - incl. HUD!

i ge tthis error

Unable to begin feeder import process. Reason: Unable to login to database (PT3_2008_05_03_145706). Reason: could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host "localhost" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

what do i do? support on the forums didnt reply
DerrtySlime is offline  
Old 05-04-2008, 01:29 AM   #2558
shogun88
centurion
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 109
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 10 Release - 02-May-2008) - incl. HUD!

I also didnt quite know what I was doing and lost my entire DB

but Im having another problem after the new update every so often I have to click the reset button for the HUD. sometimes it doesnt update and sometimes the HUD isnt even up until I click reset. Is there anything I can do to fix this? Thanks guys
shogun88 is offline  
Old 05-04-2008, 02:19 AM   #2559
DerekJCEX
veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,220
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 10 Release - 02-May-2008) - incl. HUD!

the lag is harsh . i will follow the suggestions in this thread tomorrow to see if anything works.
DerekJCEX is offline  
Old 05-04-2008, 04:39 AM   #2560
sinobrody
grinder
 
sinobrody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 570
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 10 Release - 02-May-2008) - incl. HUD!

1.little complain about the hand replayer
in pt 2 i could watch all hands from the tournament without closing the replayer (there was two buttons to switch between hands in one trnmt)
now i can see only one hand in replayer and then have to turn it off and start another hand - takes too much fuc.... time
please fix it if possible

2. HUD tottaly doesnt work. i play on ipoker, but tried on full tilt also and its not working there too. tried to fix it but have no idea how..

Last edited by sinobrody; 05-04-2008 at 05:02 AM.
sinobrody is offline  
Old 05-04-2008, 05:25 AM   #2561
ChrisV
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ChrisV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 40,378
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 10 Release - 02-May-2008) - incl. HUD!

I already lodged a support ticket for this, but thought I would mention it in the thread so other people with the same problem know it's been brought to the attention of the PT3 team. When I exported all my iPoker hands from PT2 and imported them into PT3, certain hands had incorrect Profit/Loss numbers. For instance:

Hero: $807.00 in chips
Villain: $446.00 in chips
Dealt to Hero [DA DQ]
Dealt to Villain [CJ HK]
UTG: Fold
UTG+1: Fold
CO: Fold
Hero: Raise $70.00
Villain: Call $60.00
BB: Fold
*** FLOP *** [S3 SK HQ]
Villain: Check
Hero: Bet $100.00
Villain: Raise $220.00
Hero: Raise $737.00
Villain: Allin $156.00
*** TURN *** [DK]
*** RIVER *** [H4]
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $1,270.00 Rake $3.00
Hero: wins $361.00
Villain: wins $909.00

Hero's loss was given as $546 rather than $446. Villain's win was similarly $100 too much. The issue seems to be in all-in hands; the player who covers the other has their first bet or raise on the allin street (in this case bet $100) double-counted.
ChrisV is offline  
Old 05-04-2008, 05:34 AM   #2562
Arp220
adept
 
Arp220's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 749
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 10 Release - 02-May-2008) - incl. HUD!

I tried to reproduce the autoimport 'no import log, file import completed successfully' problem just now, but could not - when I set the autoimport diretory to my saved hhs directory and clicked 'go', it worked fine. So I'm not sure what happened the first time. If theres another beta prerelease I'll try it again then.

I also tried to track down the stars disappearing stats problem. When playing three 6max tables, everything was fine for the first 30 mins or so, and then some (but not all) player stats would occasiobnally vanish, and I'ld have to do a reset to get them back. I couldnt find an unambiguous cause for this; but three possibilities would be -

1 - it happens after a certain length of time, irrespective of anything else

2 - It happens when the same player sits at more than one table I'm playing at (this happened about 30 mins in)

3 - It happens when a player sits out, but does not leave the table, for more than one hand.

Hope this helps...

ETA - I've never had the slightest lag problem, but I'm running on a fairly quick machine (quad core, 3GHz, 4Gb DDR3 memory, 2Tb raid 0 array, vista 64)
Arp220 is offline  
Old 05-04-2008, 06:56 AM   #2563
Lateksi
adept
 
Lateksi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: raise means SCRAM!
Posts: 853
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 10 Release - 02-May-2008) - incl. HUD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boc4life View Post
EDIT: Solved this. I was still trying to draw hands from my last database that is apparently not compatible with beta 10. Does anyone know if more of these updates will occur? It was fairly demoralizing losing the new DB I had built up after a few weeks with new PT. I'd like to avoid that feeling again
export hands from the old database and reimport them to the new one?
Lateksi is offline  
Old 05-04-2008, 08:28 AM   #2564
PokerAce
See our Commercial Software thread
 
PokerAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,309
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 10 Release - 02-May-2008) - incl. HUD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtan05 View Post
can you purge hands in this? I'm tired of waiting for HM to release a version where they say they will purge hands but never do it.
You cannot selectively purge, but there's a purge feature that allows you to remove all the hands in the database.


Quote:
Originally Posted by DerrtySlime View Post
i ge tthis error

Unable to begin feeder import process. Reason: Unable to login to database (PT3_2008_05_03_145706). Reason: could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host "localhost" and accepting TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

what do i do? support on the forums didnt reply
If you posted on the forum, we will get back to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinobrody View Post
1.little complain about the hand replayer
in pt 2 i could watch all hands from the tournament without closing the replayer (there was two buttons to switch between hands in one trnmt)
now i can see only one hand in replayer and then have to turn it off and start another hand - takes too much fuc.... time
please fix it if possible

2. HUD tottaly doesnt work. i play on ipoker, but tried on full tilt also and its not working there too. tried to fix it but have no idea how..
1. You can do this already. In the Tracker, next to the report on the bottom right, there's a button with a Play symbol on it. Push that button.

2. Is it showing the PT icon on your tables after you sit and play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arp220 View Post
I tried to reproduce the autoimport 'no import log, file import completed successfully' problem just now, but could not - when I set the autoimport diretory to my saved hhs directory and clicked 'go', it worked fine. So I'm not sure what happened the first time. If theres another beta prerelease I'll try it again then.

I also tried to track down the stars disappearing stats problem. When playing three 6max tables, everything was fine for the first 30 mins or so, and then some (but not all) player stats would occasiobnally vanish, and I'ld have to do a reset to get them back. I couldnt find an unambiguous cause for this; but three possibilities would be -

1 - it happens after a certain length of time, irrespective of anything else

2 - It happens when the same player sits at more than one table I'm playing at (this happened about 30 mins in)

3 - It happens when a player sits out, but does not leave the table, for more than one hand.

Hope this helps...

ETA - I've never had the slightest lag problem, but I'm running on a fairly quick machine (quad core, 3GHz, 4Gb DDR3 memory, 2Tb raid 0 array, vista 64)
3. Some sites completely remove a player from the hand history if they sit out. In these cases, PT3 can't do anything about it.
PokerAce is offline  
Old 05-04-2008, 08:39 AM   #2565
WayneX2
centurion
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 190
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 10 Release - 02-May-2008) - incl. HUD!

I played around with the hud for the first time today while observing a table and setting up a new customised layout and have a few questions, suggestions and bug reports.

1. Display tool tips for pop up stats like the normal stats
2. Have an option somewhere to "treat all as 6max" so I don't need to manually select it when I start a session
3. I have the default setting for background translucency for pop up stats, after a while the background changed to solid black. Clicking treat as 2max and then clicking treat as 6max reset it. This happened multiple times
4. Change 0 to n/a for stats on the hud where the 0 represents 0/0 such as fold steal attempt to reraise
5. I haven't tested it but I assume that everytime I play a different site I will need to change the location of my stat boxes? If this is the case please add the option to have different layouts for different sites like PAHUD
6. I couldn't find stats for cbets in 3bet pots. Are these available?
7. Is there a fold cbet to raise stat in raised and reraised pots?
8. What is the difference between call 3bet and call pf 3bet? I want to have how often they fold to my 3bet after they raised, how often they call my 3bet after they raised and how often they 4bet my 3bet after they raised. Which set of stats do I need for that?

call 3bet 17.09
fold 3bet 78.63
raise 3bet 4.27
99.99

or

call pf 3bet 16.81
fold pf 3bet 80.53
raise pf 3bet 2.65
99.99

9. Shouldn't these 3 stats be the same?
raise 3bet 4.27
4bet pf 4.00
raise pf 3bet 2.65
WayneX2 is offline  
Old 05-04-2008, 08:51 AM   #2566
Nuts102
centurion
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 120
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 10 Release - 02-May-2008) - incl. HUD!

When i download the latest version it says cannot connect to database, something about pokeSQL needs to be downloaded , it wont let me download it anyone else having this problem, it wasnt saying this before i downloaded the latest version.
Nuts102 is offline  
Old 05-04-2008, 09:11 AM   #2567
sinobrody
grinder
 
sinobrody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 570
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 10 Release - 02-May-2008) - incl. HUD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerAce View Post

1. You can do this already. In the Tracker, next to the report on the bottom right, there's a button with a Play symbol on it. Push that button.

2. Is it showing the PT icon on your tables after you sit and play?
i think u didnt get my point
1. if i want to replay a hand i have to go into the tournaments and then click on a certain hand to replay it. so if i played husng which lasted 40 hands to replay all the hands i will have to open and close the window over 40 times. in pt2 i could click on a hand from a certain tournament and then with clicking one button watch also other hands from the same husng. now i cant
the button u told me about allows me only to see the action through all the streets without doing anything.

2. no theres no pt icon on my table. i dont know why. i had one of the earlier beta versions and it worked also on full tilt. now its not.

Last edited by sinobrody; 05-04-2008 at 09:18 AM.
sinobrody is offline  
Old 05-04-2008, 10:06 AM   #2568
PokerAce
See our Commercial Software thread
 
PokerAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,309
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 10 Release - 02-May-2008) - incl. HUD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WayneX2 View Post
I played around with the hud for the first time today while observing a table and setting up a new customised layout and have a few questions, suggestions and bug reports.

1. Display tool tips for pop up stats like the normal stats
2. Have an option somewhere to "treat all as 6max" so I don't need to manually select it when I start a session
3. I have the default setting for background translucency for pop up stats, after a while the background changed to solid black. Clicking treat as 2max and then clicking treat as 6max reset it. This happened multiple times
4. Change 0 to n/a for stats on the hud where the 0 represents 0/0 such as fold steal attempt to reraise
5. I haven't tested it but I assume that everytime I play a different site I will need to change the location of my stat boxes? If this is the case please add the option to have different layouts for different sites like PAHUD
6. I couldn't find stats for cbets in 3bet pots. Are these available?
7. Is there a fold cbet to raise stat in raised and reraised pots?
8. What is the difference between call 3bet and call pf 3bet? I want to have how often they fold to my 3bet after they raised, how often they call my 3bet after they raised and how often they 4bet my 3bet after they raised. Which set of stats do I need for that?

call 3bet 17.09
fold 3bet 78.63
raise 3bet 4.27
99.99

or

call pf 3bet 16.81
fold pf 3bet 80.53
raise pf 3bet 2.65
99.99

9. Shouldn't these 3 stats be the same?
raise 3bet 4.27
4bet pf 4.00
raise pf 3bet 2.65
1. There's actually a bug preventing this from working at the moment. It's planned.

2. Planned.

3. I'll take a look at this.

4. Planned.

5. Will most likely happen.

6. Continuation bets are bets by the last person who raised, whether it was a 3 bet or not. You can make 3 bet specific stats if you wish.

7. No, but you could make them.

8. Call 3 Bet uses data from every street. However, the Fold/Call 3 Bet stats don't distinguish if the person was the original raiser. Stats with this information is coming, but it's not in there yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuts102 View Post
When i download the latest version it says cannot connect to database, something about pokeSQL needs to be downloaded , it wont let me download it anyone else having this problem, it wasnt saying this before i downloaded the latest version.
Please contact us via our forum or support system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinobrody View Post
i think u didnt get my point
1. if i want to replay a hand i have to go into the tournaments and then click on a certain hand to replay it. so if i played husng which lasted 40 hands to replay all the hands i will have to open and close the window over 40 times. in pt2 i could click on a hand from a certain tournament and then with clicking one button watch also other hands from the same husng. now i cant
the button u told me about allows me only to see the action through all the streets without doing anything.

2. no theres no pt icon on my table. i dont know why. i had one of the earlier beta versions and it worked also on full tilt. now its not.
1. If you want to replay an entire tournament, you go to the Tournaments tab and select your tournament. To the bottom right of the Tournament Hands report, there's a "Play" button. Pushing this button will load up the replayer with all the hands for the tournament. You can verify this by clicking the drop down box at the top right. To navigate to different hands, use the buttons under that drop down box.

2. Please attach your PokerTracker.log file to a support ticket.
PokerAce is offline  
Old 05-04-2008, 10:19 AM   #2569
sinobrody
grinder
 
sinobrody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 570
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 10 Release - 02-May-2008) - incl. HUD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerAce View Post
1. If you want to replay an entire tournament, you go to the Tournaments tab and select your tournament. To the bottom right of the Tournament Hands report, there's a "Play" button. Pushing this button will load up the replayer with all the hands for the tournament. You can verify this by clicking the drop down box at the top right. To navigate to different hands, use the buttons under that drop down box.

2. Please attach your PokerTracker.log file to a support ticket.
ad.1 ok didnt notice, thanks

ad.2. where do i find this file?? i searched the hole pt3 folder and theres no such file. there a folder called logs? is that what you meant?

Last edited by sinobrody; 05-04-2008 at 10:32 AM.
sinobrody is offline  
Old 05-04-2008, 10:44 AM   #2570
Arp220
adept
 
Arp220's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 749
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 10 Release - 02-May-2008) - incl. HUD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerAce View Post

3. Some sites completely remove a player from the hand history if they sit out. In these cases, PT3 can't do anything about it.

aahhhhh ok that makes sense - I was about to report that I just tried multitabling 6max cash on party (4 tables) and no stats disappeared and it was totally lag free.
Arp220 is offline  
Old 05-04-2008, 11:02 AM   #2571
MuckinWinners
adept
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 1,054
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 9 Release - 23-Apr-2008) - incl. HUD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerAce View Post
If you want to cover up someone's avatar, simply make your group solid (on the translucency slider), add enough stats to make it big enough to cover the avatar and you're good. I don't think enough people would be interested in circular stat areas to make it worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokerAce
I'm assuming you mean translucent (opaque means completely solid). No, the translucency is all or nothing. That may change in the future, but not soon.
I use a modified Stars layout that the has a Dark table and dark avatar circle. My stats are arranged in a 3 colum x 4 row field that covers the avatar circle.

A transparent background (like PAH) is much better than the translucency slider currently available. The problem with having "all or nothing" translucency is that:

1) If I darken the panels so that they obscure the circle, I cannot see the other players cards, when turned face up, during all-in situation in tournys, as well as I cannot see my hole cards while playing.

2) If I lighten the panels enough that I can see the cards during all-in situations and see my hole cards, the stats are hardly visible.

3) If I set the stats to "show for everyone but hero", I still get the panel overlays so that I cannot easily see my hole cards unless I set the translucency rally light, which brings me back to #2.

PLEASE reconsider making the transparent background more of an urgency and less of a "future, but not soon" item.


As a separate thought, when color coding the selected stats it appears that if stats are removed from the desired display panel to be used in a different panel, that the color coding will be lost. In other words, if I delete a stat group and replace it with another, I will need to redo the color coding Is this correct.

Or is this another thing that I have missed and is it possible to sit down and color code all the available stats in the left column, so that when they get used in a stat group they are already color coded?
MuckinWinners is offline  
Old 05-04-2008, 11:10 AM   #2572
Wepla
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 25
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 10 Release - 02-May-2008) - incl. HUD!

When playing 3-4 tables on iPoker HUD works very well. But when I open 12 tables, HUD does not manage to show stats on all of them. Ususaly I get stats on only 3-6 tables. However mucked hands are shown on all tables.
Wepla is offline  
Old 05-04-2008, 11:17 AM   #2573
DeNutza
banned
 
DeNutza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 626
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 10 Release - 02-May-2008) - incl. HUD!

Quote:
Your missing a very important filter option under the MADE HANDS tab.

You need to add 'NONE' for each made hand tab (ONE PAIR, TWO PAIR etc).

So for example if I wanted to query when I CBET the turn with no pair or
other made hand with no preference as to whether I had overcards or not.

Should be very easy to add.

You always have one of the hands listed on that tab. If you don't have a pair or better, then your best hand is high card.
Ok, so under HIGH CARD, you should have an option that says ANY,
meaning you could have "Overcards" "One OverCard" OR "No OverCards".
Im assuming Overcards means the player has overcards relative to the
board and not vice versa.

I would think people would be interested in knowing when they CBET certain
streets with NO MADE HAND, how they do...I realize they could just individually
pick one of the items, then just add up the results, but seems like such
a chore when you could add the feature in about 5 minutes time.

With PT2 Ive done some programming myself using my own interface that creates
queries to the PT2 database. Its actually accomplishes many of the tasks
I wish PT2 had (except for 3-4 bet stats, which is impossible).

One other tab you might want to add that I found quite useful was a THREATS
tab...Basically this means what type of board is out (rainbow, 2, 3-
flush, X gap straight, X cards>= or <=X , Pair >= <= X on board, etc etc)

I see you do have a box to indicate if you have NO DRAW, which is great,
but would compliment a board threats tab as well.

Last edited by DeNutza; 05-04-2008 at 11:33 AM.
DeNutza is offline  
Old 05-04-2008, 11:23 AM   #2574
Xander
adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 896
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 10 Release - 02-May-2008) - incl. HUD!

Yeah, the PT icon definitely has to move on Stars.
Xander is offline  
Old 05-04-2008, 01:27 PM   #2575
Kraada
See our Commercial Software thread
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 6,489
Re: PokerTracker 3 (Beta 10 Release - 02-May-2008) - incl. HUD!

Xander,

If you right click on the "handles" on the right or left side of the PT icon, you can drag it to wherever you'd like. If you then click on the icon and click 'save layout' it will appear where you left it for all future tables. (Current open tables will need PT Icon --> Reset)

K
Kraada is offline  

Closed Thread
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive