Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
MonkerSolver MonkerSolver

03-30-2021 , 01:56 AM
Hello

Is there anyway to create aggregate reports for each node across multiple boards like PIO does?
MonkerSolver Quote
04-02-2021 , 12:46 PM
[QUOTE=retawsyab;56993435]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IsaacAsimov
It should work, what version of Monkersolver are you using?

thanks for the reply. i am a recent user of v10114. i haven't experienced the same problem lately.

one more question about EV gap between actions, especially in later part of preflop tree. some hands would show a much lower EV for one action but doesn't converge. i understand that the solution oscillates, and EV is delayed, but sometimes the frequency wouldn't move after 10 more iterations. no matter how many iterations put into it, there's always some (leafy) part of the tree that shows those EV gaps. i know that it won't affect the overall quality, since the early branches looks fine. but those gaps, is that something i have to live with?

The deeper you delve into a game tree, the less reliable the results become. If you want high convergence solutions for those situations, it is recommended that you re-solve the spots that are of interest to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by personalpokercoach
Hello

Is there anyway to create aggregate reports for each node across multiple boards like PIO does?
You can use the 'Board overview' feature from the 'Solve' tab to view aggregate reports for multiple boards.
MonkerSolver Quote
04-11-2021 , 07:07 AM
Hello

Wanted to ask for recommendations of abstraction in the settings when solving for preflop?

Since I don't have unlimited RAM and computing power, I want to have something that's accurate but not too simple.

I was wondering if these settings are good enough across 50-150 SPR spots?

Flop 30 Buckets Perfect
Turn 30 Buckets Medium
River 30 Buckets Large

Will there be huge difference between turn texture of medium vs large vs perfect?

Last edited by personalpokercoach; 04-11-2021 at 07:16 AM.
MonkerSolver Quote
04-11-2021 , 02:14 PM
what are the memory requirements for monker solver if i want to use it to build "good" preflop ranges for nl 6max cash games, and solve multi-way spots? The website says 8gb of RAM, but that probably only works on simple betting trees. i have a 128gb of RAM, and a cpu with 16 threads. Is that good enough?
MonkerSolver Quote
04-12-2021 , 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by personalpokercoach
Hello

Wanted to ask for recommendations of abstraction in the settings when solving for preflop?

Since I don't have unlimited RAM and computing power, I want to have something that's accurate but not too simple.

I was wondering if these settings are good enough across 50-150 SPR spots?

Flop 30 Buckets Perfect
Turn 30 Buckets Medium
River 30 Buckets Large

Will there be huge difference between turn texture of medium vs large vs perfect?
What variant are you solving for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilgamesh2
what are the memory requirements for monker solver if i want to use it to build "good" preflop ranges for nl 6max cash games, and solve multi-way spots? The website says 8gb of RAM, but that probably only works on simple betting trees. i have a 128gb of RAM, and a cpu with 16 threads. Is that good enough?
You haven't specified a stack depth. You can check out the BETA, that will give you better results when resources are limited, just be aware that with the BETA there will be a higher risk of encountering bugs than with the stable branch.
MonkerSolver Quote
04-12-2021 , 03:20 PM
how can i add second drive to monkersolver savedruns observed folders?
MonkerSolver Quote
04-16-2021 , 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkerquestion
how can i add second drive to monkersolver savedruns observed folders?
Do you mean change the folder that Monkersolver reads saved runs from? In 10114 and the BETA you can change the folder from the settings tab. Click 'Default saved runs folder' in 10114. In the BETA you need to cick 'Set data folder'.

https://imgur.com/KAP8bsY.png
MonkerSolver Quote
04-22-2021 , 02:13 PM
Is 50 I/N something we strive for in beta, or do we pay more attention to the volatility index for preflop <1.0

Can this number reach 0, of you run it long enough?

thanks in advanced,

Johan

Last edited by TH3CLOWN; 04-22-2021 at 02:18 PM.
MonkerSolver Quote
04-28-2021 , 05:14 AM
Hello, could you please explain further what are the pros and cons specifically of the following if I apply to my preflop NLH sims?

1. Increasing the number of iterations from 30 to 50 or 100 but using small texture for Turns and Rivers

2. Setting iterations to 30 but using large texture for Turns and Rivers

Thank you in advance!
MonkerSolver Quote
04-30-2021 , 07:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TH3CLOWN
Is 50 I/N something we strive for in beta, or do we pay more attention to the volatility index for preflop <1.0

Can this number reach 0, of you run it long enough?

thanks in advanced,

Johan
A volatility of <1 for preflop is much more aggressive than solving to 50 I/N. A more apt comparison would be the 10 I/N guideline from the developer as a minimum degree of solvedness.

There are equilibria with relatively high volatility, so as a general rule, running the solution for a very long time will not result in volatility reaching 0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by personalpokercoach
Hello, could you please explain further what are the pros and cons specifically of the following if I apply to my preflop NLH sims?

1. Increasing the number of iterations from 30 to 50 or 100 but using small texture for Turns and Rivers

2. Setting iterations to 30 but using large texture for Turns and Rivers

Thank you in advance!
Higher texture means more potential for accurate results. For a lot of sims, 30 iterations will be sufficient, so this is preferable to less texture with more iterations.
MonkerSolver Quote
05-01-2021 , 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kasparovski
Hi, i'm trying to create an account but i'm not receiving a verification code on my email, gmail and no, it's not in spam. Maybe i already created an account in the past but i get nothing when searching my email for monker and i don't see a "forget you password" option. Any ideas?
I tried like 15 times and sent like 5 email... noone ever replied
MonkerSolver Quote
05-08-2021 , 12:53 PM
Is 40GB RAM enough for Monker Solver or do I need more?
MonkerSolver Quote
05-11-2021 , 10:11 AM
Are there any instructions, anywhere, for someone who doesn’t already know how to use a solver? Seems like an absurd oversight when selling such expensive software.
MonkerSolver Quote
05-11-2021 , 10:20 AM
Trying to run a simple hu limit holdem sim just to figure out how to use this and itís a nightmare not understanding what to do. Iím getting message: error there are nodes where no action is available. All Iíve tried to do is have bu raise 2 call or fold, and same for bb with a 4x cap. How do I do this? What is causing the error?
MonkerSolver Quote
05-14-2021 , 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Rick
Is 40GB RAM enough for Monker Solver or do I need more?
There are a lot of operations in Monkersolver that require more than 40GB RAM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhaleIMAO
For pot limit Omaha tree how do make it so bet committal threshold is 50% of pot.

Example I do a plo pre flop short stack size 10bb hu sim and give both players two bet sizes 33% and 100% and a small 50% and pot reraise option.

Their are some lines where a player will have just half pot left on the turn or river and will still have option to bet 33% or go all in or check. I don't want that. I want to make it so that if they have awkward stack size say half pot to only go all in or check and not some wonky third option of 33% bet for 95% of their remaining stack.

I have played around with committal threshold can't get it to work. Also pot limit threshold has no bet threshold option. Is their a workaround for what I want to do outside of manually trimming the tree? Thanks for the help
Using the BETA you can set bet committal thresholds for pot limit games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmbuff
Are there any instructions, anywhere, for someone who doesnít already know how to use a solver? Seems like an absurd oversight when selling such expensive software.
There are limited instructions on the Monkerware website. There is also some information from the developer ITT. Otherwise you will have to look for third party sources such as forums, study groups and/or coaches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmbuff
Trying to run a simple hu limit holdem sim just to figure out how to use this and itís a nightmare not understanding what to do. Iím getting message: error there are nodes where no action is available. All Iíve tried to do is have bu raise 2 call or fold, and same for bb with a 4x cap. How do I do this? What is causing the error?
By the sound of it you have manually removed some actions from somewhere in the game tree that are necessary to make a rational game tree. Under normal circumstances you should always have the option to check or call/fold. If those options were removed by accident, then that could produce the error you see.
MonkerSolver Quote
05-15-2021 , 07:37 AM
Originally Posted by Oregon Rick View Post
Is 40GB RAM enough for Monker Solver or do I need more?
There are a lot of operations in Monkersolver that require more than 40GB RAM.


How much RAM would you suggest I have for Monkersolver?
MonkerSolver Quote
05-17-2021 , 07:22 AM
How can I set the sizing to 50,100;100 in beta? If I try to prescribe, it turns out only 50;50
MonkerSolver Quote
05-19-2021 , 08:09 AM
When I load a saved tree, the list of trees doesn't have a scrollbar. Does this mean I'm limited to the amount of trees that I can fit vertically on my screen? Would appreciate some help, thanks.
MonkerSolver Quote
05-21-2021 , 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon Rick
Originally Posted by Oregon Rick View Post
Is 40GB RAM enough for Monker Solver or do I need more?
There are a lot of operations in Monkersolver that require more than 40GB RAM.


How much RAM would you suggest I have for Monkersolver?
It depends on your intended use case. There are relatively large differences in how much RAM is required for various sims.

I advise people with a licence to open up Monkersolver and to play around with different game trees to get a feel for how much RAM would be required for their intended use case.

Ideally you would have a system that enables you to scale the amount of RAM that can be installed in it, but this may not be feasible with every budget.
Given current hardware offerings and the latest releases of Monkersolver, I would say a system with 128GB RAM (which is now available on the consumer platform) will allow you to have a good experience working with the solver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhaleIMAO
how do i access the beta
From your Monkerware account https://monkerware.com/login.html you can download the BETA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dna92kz
How can I set the sizing to 50,100;100 in beta? If I try to prescribe, it turns out only 50;50


Quote:
Originally Posted by NeA
When I load a saved tree, the list of trees doesn't have a scrollbar. Does this mean I'm limited to the amount of trees that I can fit vertically on my screen? Would appreciate some help, thanks.
This is a limitation of the current stable branch of the solver. In the BETA (and presumably future stable releases) the user interface has been improved, and you will not have this issue when browsing game trees to load.
MonkerSolver Quote
05-21-2021 , 01:05 PM
Thanks!
MonkerSolver Quote
05-31-2021 , 05:13 PM
Hello. Where is ante? If i use "Dead money" (cash drops) everyone plays +ev, +bb/100. A little confusing. It shouldn't be that way as far as i know.


Last edited by dna92kz; 05-31-2021 at 05:27 PM.
MonkerSolver Quote
06-03-2021 , 06:32 AM
Hi,

is there a more in-depth guide on how to use custom actions in the beta? I'm trying to use multiple cbet sizes as an example, how do I do this? And how do I create custom bet/raise/reraise sizes that differ from each other?

Thanks for any help!
MonkerSolver Quote
06-03-2021 , 01:45 PM
2nd question, if I save ranges from the solved strategy, e.g. the check/call range on the flop, where does the beta save it to?
MonkerSolver Quote
06-08-2021 , 02:40 AM
I have been trying to lock ranges. When I lock hands which aren't close to the top of the range, they don't seem to lock. So if I lock AA or KK it works fine, but when I lock 89o or 24s, the lock doesn't seem to take effect on those hands. I don't think it is an iteration issue, as I ran the sim for quite some time. Any advice appreciated.
MonkerSolver Quote
06-09-2021 , 12:43 PM
Has anyone use this for Omaha Hi/Lo limit?
MonkerSolver Quote

      
m