Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
GTO+/CardRunnersEV? GTO+/CardRunnersEV?

08-02-2010 , 08:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickaface GTO+/CardRunnersEV?
Okey I see. Finally all makes sense. Thank you very much and I'm sorry for bugging you last days but I really want to learn with StoxEV.
No problem, I've got all day.

Cheers!
08-04-2010 , 01:11 PM
StoxEV for PLO.

Perhaps you could make the software not as comprehensive as the NLHE version and use something similar to ProPokerTools. For example have players define ranges using similar syntax to PPT and then allow them to save the ranges so once you have made a TAG UTG opening range you wont need to do it again, and instead of calculating EV you could perhaps calculate fold%/raise%/call%.

For example when looking to see when a cbet is good/bad I would input villain calls flop with TP+ folding all else, his PF range is 5%-35%, then I would select different flops and see villains raise/call/fold%.

Even this hugely trimmed down stoxEV would be really cool, and so in conclusion please make a StoxEv for PLO I would pay you lots of money as would many many plo regs.

I might start a petition :P
08-07-2010 , 03:49 PM
Semiofftopic:

I have 2 questions on Flopzilla?

1.) Is it rly only able to analyze the flop?
When yes, why?

2.) Can it rly "only" show the percentage of a certain handgroup regards a range, or also the amount of combos, like stoxcombo can do it?

Best regard,
Zrebna
08-07-2010 , 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrebna GTO+/CardRunnersEV?
I have 2 questions on Flopzilla?

1.) Is it rly only able to analyze the flop?
When yes, why?
In Flopzilla I've chosen to create an app that focusses on the most frequent question, namely how often and how has a certain range hit a flop, and nothing else. I could of course extend the analysis to the turn or river, but this would require writing an interface that can handle all kinds of filters. In Flopzilla I've chosen to go for ease of use at the cost of complexity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zrebna GTO+/CardRunnersEV?
2.) Can it rly "only" show the percentage of a certain handgroup regards a range, or also the amount of combos, like stoxcombo can do it?
No it can show combos. If you move your mouse over a stat the number of combos will be displayed in the popup.


For what it's worth, Flopzilla has its own thread:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/16...alysis-390299/
08-07-2010 , 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scylla GTO+/CardRunnersEV?
In Flopzilla I've chosen to create an app that focusses on the most frequent question, namely how often and how has a certain range hit a flop, and nothing else. I could of course extend the analysis to the turn or river, but this would require writing an interface that can handle all kinds of filters. In Flopzilla I've chosen to go for ease of use at the cost of complexity.


No it can show combos. If you move your mouse over a stat the number of combos will be displayed in the popup.


For what it's worth, Flopzilla has its own thread:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/16...alysis-390299/

great thx^^
08-10-2010 , 02:06 PM
Is this correct if I want to see if BB's bet is profitable if we assume if we're getting called we are done with the hand and lose?

08-10-2010 , 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickaface GTO+/CardRunnersEV?
Is this correct if I want to see if BB's bet is profitable if we assume if we're getting called we are done with the hand and lose?

You'll need to edit the checkdown so that the bb's percentage is 0% (it's now at a standard 100%), meaning that the hand will continue and he will get 0% of his equity in the pot. The pot will be divided among the remaining players according to their equity.
08-10-2010 , 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scylla GTO+/CardRunnersEV?
You'll need to edit the checkdown so that the bb's percentage is 0% (it's now at a standard 100%), meaning that the hand will continue and he will get 0% of his equity in the pot. The pot will be divided among the remaining players according to their equity.
Okey, is it like this? I need to make checkdown 0% on both CO and SB?

I'm suprised how profitable c-bets are after looking on this and some other c-bet situations. Even if the villains call with a wide range it seems that c-betting is very profitable even on scary coordinated boards. Maybe I'm missing something? =P

08-10-2010 , 04:37 PM
Yes that should do fine.
However, you'll need to set the turn and river to a random card, since in the current setup you'd already know the entire board on the flop. Something funky is actually probably going on in the current setup since the BB is now holding the virtual nuts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickaface GTO+/CardRunnersEV?
Okey, is it like this? I need to make checkdown 0% on both CO and SB?

I'm suprised how profitable c-bets are after looking on this and some other c-bet situations. Even if the villains call with a wide range it seems that c-betting is very profitable even on scary coordinated boards. Maybe I'm missing something? =P

08-10-2010 , 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scylla GTO+/CardRunnersEV?
Yes that should do fine.
However, you'll need to set the turn and river to a random card, since in the current setup you'd already know the entire board on the flop. Something funky is actually probably going on in the current setup since the BB is now holding the virtual nuts.
Okey thanks. But the EV on different c-bet/bet situations seems strange because almost every board is profitable even if they call with a wide range. An exampel:

Is it really that profitable on that situation where villains call with a wide range on that drawy flop? Am I missing something?

08-10-2010 , 04:59 PM
Darn it, I forgot that uncalled bets are returned when using a checkdown.
So when BB bets and the next player immediately checks down his uncalled bet of 0.30 is first returned to him.
You'll need to call the bet first and then check down.
Sorry about that.
08-10-2010 , 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scylla GTO+/CardRunnersEV?
Darn it, I forgot that uncalled bets are returned when using a checkdown.
So when BB bets and the next player immediately checks down his uncalled bet of 0.30 is first returned to him.
You'll need to call the bet first and then check down.
Sorry about that.
Okey, now I'm confused. I think I know how to do it for the first player to act after the bet but not to the second one. I mean like in this situation:

Did I make it correctly for Cutoff? How do I go one for SB? In this simulation it doesn't take into consideration when Cutoff folds what SB will do.

08-10-2010 , 05:26 PM
Like below.
I quickly replicated your tree, however of course the details are a bit different.
Just make sure that someone calls the 0.30 bet so that it's not returned to the BB.

If no one calls a bet then a checkdown will lead all uncalled bets to be returned.
If anyone has called it, then they go to showdown.
In monte carlo mode a checkdown basically means "return all uncalled bets and go to showdown".

08-10-2010 , 05:33 PM
Okey, I understand now. Thank you very much! Very helpful like always.
08-10-2010 , 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickaface GTO+/CardRunnersEV?
Okey, I understand now. Thank you very much! Very helpful like always.
Sorry for the mishap earlier.
I've got a 70vpip 50pfr to my right.
He's a very special person, deserving my full attention
08-10-2010 , 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scylla GTO+/CardRunnersEV?
Sorry for the mishap earlier.
I've got a 70vpip 50pfr to my right.
He's a very special person, deserving my full attention
No need for an excuse since you've helped me to fully understand.

Then keep playing and I will not bother you anymore (for now ). Thanks again!
08-20-2010 , 09:48 PM
uhm, guys

Have Win 7. When try to add conditions, got an error all the time. On XP works fine. Where can be a problem?
08-20-2010 , 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HQuality GTO+/CardRunnersEV?
uhm, guys

Have Win 7. When try to add conditions, got an error all the time. On XP works fine. Where can be a problem?
Are you running as admin?
08-21-2010 , 05:16 AM
yeah, don't working
08-21-2010 , 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HQuality GTO+/CardRunnersEV?
yeah, don't working
Could you try uninstalling and then reļnstalling to a different location?
You might somehow have corrupted files.
08-26-2010 , 09:19 AM
Hey scylla dont know if u aware of this bug but if you delete one of a players decisions (raise/fold/call) and select another one to quick stoxev crashes.
08-26-2010 , 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makemegood GTO+/CardRunnersEV?
Hey scylla dont know if u aware of this bug but if you delete one of a players decisions (raise/fold/call) and select another one to quick stoxev crashes.
I'll have a look at it.
It sounds like the problem is that there's a single click on a certain raise/fold/call, after which the following double-click is not on the same action.
Not certain if I can fix it easily though, I'll have to check the code.
08-26-2010 , 05:51 PM
Can you get StoxEV through Cardrunners or somewhere for cheaper than 125$? It's pretty steep.
08-27-2010 , 06:41 PM
I have a completed file that works great on my friend's computer, but when I run it, I get 100% for all decisions when "Relative Mode" is toggled. "Absolute Mode" appears to work fine. I have the most up-to-date version of the software (2.5.5). Sample runs produce the expected results, and 100% for every decision point makes no sense, so I'm stumped. Also, when I run in Monte Carlo mode, I get both absolute and relative values. The problem is when I run it in Mathematical Mode. Any ideas as to what the problem might be?

Thanks!

Last edited by BrassMonkey; 08-27-2010 at 06:54 PM.
08-27-2010 , 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrassMonkey GTO+/CardRunnersEV?
I have a completed file that works great on my friend's computer, but when I run it, I get 100% for all decisions when "Relative Mode" is toggled. "Absolute Mode" appears to work fine. I have the most up-to-date version of the software (2.5.5). Sample runs produce the expected results, and 100% for every decision point makes no sense, so I'm stumped. Also, when I run in Monte Carlo mode, I get both absolute and relative values. The problem is when I run it in Mathematical Mode. Any ideas as to what the problem might be?

Thanks!
Could you mail the savefile to stoxpoker_ev@hotmail.com please?

      
m