Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
GTO+/CardRunnersEV? GTO+/CardRunnersEV?

12-11-2012 , 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2 dog, p2 GTO+/CardRunnersEV?
so, can i tinker around with the software at all before purchasing it?? I have installed it and I have the app open. I have been assigned a hardware ID. Can i familiarize/use the program at all, or not until after i pay?
Hi p2 dog,

CardRunnerEV offers an infinite trial, so you can test it as long as you see fit.
The main restriction of the trial is that you can only create trees of a maximum size of 6 nodes, however, the trial is plenty to get a good impression of what the software is capable off.

Cheers,

Scylla
12-11-2012 , 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronx.system GTO+/CardRunnersEV?
i will rewatch your videos again and if cant get it to work i will email support thanks
Ok!
12-11-2012 , 12:18 PM
(Free trial) I get the "If your seeing this" pop up; dissappears before I can maximise and read the rest. Crev launches but I can't select hands from the matrix.
12-11-2012 , 01:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bollo GTO+/CardRunnersEV?
(Free trial) I get the "If your seeing this" pop up; dissappears before I can maximise and read the rest. Crev launches but I can't select hands from the matrix.
I don't believe there is a "If you're seeing this ..." popup.
Nor does CREV have a matrix (well, there ís one in one of the menus, but it sounds like you're talking about something else).
Could you post a screenshot?
Or mail one to support?
12-11-2012 , 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scylla GTO+/CardRunnersEV?
I don't believe there is a "If you're seeing this ..." popup.
Nor does CREV have a matrix (well, there ís one in one of the menus, but it sounds like you're talking about something else).
Could you post a screenshot?
Or mail one to support?
Disregard my gibberish, I may be seeing things, reinstalled and all's well.
12-12-2012 , 09:46 AM
Hi! Im playing on a mac, and at the microstakes. Do u recomend Flopzilla for me or what's the difference between Flopzilla and Cardrunners Ev Calculator?!
12-12-2012 , 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamiHyppie GTO+/CardRunnersEV?
Hi! Im playing on a mac, and at the microstakes. Do u recomend Flopzilla for me or what's the difference between Flopzilla and Cardrunners Ev Calculator?!
Both Flopzilla and CardRunnersEV are software for Windows, so first of all you'd need to see if you can get them to run on a Mac.
Other than that, I would recommend that you just use Flopzilla's trial period first to see if it's something that you want.
12-12-2012 , 04:04 PM
Hey. Does CREV and Flopzilla work with Windows 8 ? Thanks
12-12-2012 , 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klakteuh GTO+/CardRunnersEV?
Hey. Does CREV and Flopzilla work with Windows 8 ? Thanks
I've never had any issues myself, nor have I had reports of issues with Windows 8. So, as far as I can tell, there's no conflicts.

Anyhow, you can also just try for yourself by installing their trial versions.
12-12-2012 , 10:38 PM
One more question.
How do I define pp< 3rd pair on the flop? If I use pp< 5th pair it's empty.
Thanks in advance
12-13-2012 , 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkmikhail2 GTO+/CardRunnersEV?
One more question.
How do I define pp< 3rd pair on the flop? If I use pp< 5th pair it's empty.
Thanks in advance
Select "One pair" and "Pocket>fourth card".
Of course ... there ís no fourth card on the flop ...
I think I'd better chance those names so that they make more sense ...

Thank for the question+feedback!
12-13-2012 , 05:22 PM
Is there any chance of you improving the threading used in the program? When simulations are running the GUI thread is strangled and gets no CPU time at all. I can't cancel a simulation once it starts running because the cross does nothing. The program just keeps going until its finished the simulations.
12-13-2012 , 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karganeth GTO+/CardRunnersEV?
Is there any chance of you improving the threading used in the program? When simulations are running the GUI thread is strangled and gets no CPU time at all. I can't cancel a simulation once it starts running because the cross does nothing. The program just keeps going until its finished the simulations.
Could you send a savefile to support please so I have a clear idea of what sort of a spot you're talking about?
12-16-2012 , 01:13 PM
CREV beta won't work either, it's saying that it failed to check registration. Alpha works though. Please try to help me resolve this soon. I use all three of these programs constantly and I can't be without them for long.
12-16-2012 , 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeHoldem1848 GTO+/CardRunnersEV?
CREV beta won't work either, it's saying that it failed to check registration. Alpha works though. Please try to help me resolve this soon. I use all three of these programs constantly and I can't be without them for long.
If you're not using a firewall, then you're automatically using the Windows Firewall, which can indeed cause all sorts of weird issues. To solve this, please set an exception for all of CardRunnersEV's .exe files.

If you're having trouble doing this, or need more detailed instructions, please send an e-mail to support.
12-17-2012 , 02:36 PM
Im trying to graph the following scenario. Game is HU format. Hero minraises with a given range on the SB and villain shoves all in with a given range. I would like to be able to vary the stack sizes to see how that affects hero EV of calling. How would I go about this?
12-17-2012 , 04:04 PM
Is it possible to remove a player entirely after you have already started a tree? I use the Import hand function to import a hand and it will be say 3-way on the flop where one player folds. Then say I want to analyze say a turn situation. Now because it was 3-way at one point I can't use the math engine. I basically want to know so I can use the math engine for hands that I import that had a third player at some point.

Edit: now that I think about it I could just edit the hand history to edit out the third player before importing in these situations, but I'm still wondering if this is possible.

Last edited by johnboy7541; 12-17-2012 at 04:07 PM. Reason: .
12-17-2012 , 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy7541 GTO+/CardRunnersEV?
Is it possible to remove a player entirely after you have already started a tree? I use the Import hand function to import a hand and it will be say 3-way on the flop where one player folds. Then say I want to analyze say a turn situation. Now because it was 3-way at one point I can't use the math engine. I basically want to know so I can use the math engine for hands that I import that had a third player at some point.

Edit: now that I think about it I could just edit the hand history to edit out the third player before importing in these situations, but I'm still wondering if this is possible.
Hi JohnBoy7541,

No, it's not possible to remove a player after the fact, since after a tree is established it's hard to tell if a player is unimportant enough that he can just be removed. I might consider it as a future option, but currently it can not be done.

To get around this, I would for now indeed recommend just editting that player out of the hand history.
12-17-2012 , 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3eBjUnKiE GTO+/CardRunnersEV?
Im trying to graph the following scenario. Game is HU format. Hero minraises with a given range on the SB and villain shoves all in with a given range. I would like to be able to vary the stack sizes to see how that affects hero EV of calling. How would I go about this?
If Hero's calling range is also fixed, then this is a simple matter of making a graph.

However, if you mean that you want hero to make an optimal call (call all his +EV hands and fold the -EV ones) then you'll need to write a script.

Please let me know which of the two you're looking for and I'll tell you how to do it.


PS: Scripting only works in the registered version though.
12-17-2012 , 09:54 PM
Wow, if i could get both solutions that would be great. I have the registered version so scripting would be a problem. Thanks.
12-18-2012 , 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3eBjUnKiE GTO+/CardRunnersEV?
Wow, if i could get both solutions that would be great. I have the registered version so scripting would be a problem. Thanks.
Ok, I've made a youtube video about this on my second channel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9f8ud9See0

For more instructions on scripts, unexploitable shoving, finding equilibria, and more, please see the instructional videos that are linked to in the beta's startup screen (click on "Videos"). You can download the beta here: http://www.cardrunners-ev-calculator...henewbeta.html
12-19-2012 , 10:02 PM
Visiting my family for a few days and have my CREV licence on my home desktop. Is there any way I can use the full CREV on my family computer without having to purchase an extra licence for a few days (eg. by temporarily transferring my licence)?
12-20-2012 , 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xela GTO+/CardRunnersEV?
Visiting my family for a few days and have my CREV licence on my home desktop. Is there any way I can use the full CREV on my family computer without having to purchase an extra licence for a few days (eg. by temporarily transferring my licence)?
Sure, that's not a problem.
Just send a request to support for that.
12-20-2012 , 05:07 PM
Thanks for answering my question so thoroughly.
12-20-2012 , 05:51 PM
Is it possible to choose equity% instead of a handrange as a condition? For example somebody 3bets and cbets the flop, I want the range to continue to have at least 20% equity.

It's quite a lot of work, especially if you use very wide ranges.

      
m