Open Side Menu Go to the Top
Register
Combonator Combonator

08-08-2012 , 02:46 AM
I'll explain a little more - the reason why not (and why you don't see it in simpler calculators) is speed. Simple equity calculators use monte-carlo speed-ups for range vs range calcs. So you cannot extrapolate to individual hands in the range, as the equities will not be accurate.

Combonator does everything calculated hand vs hand, because it updates equities instantly (i.e. it calculates the hand vs hand for all hands in the grid. Then as you assign hands in to groups, it can instantly update to show hand vs range for different groups as you manipulate things).

I'm working on speed-ups to get to the goal where it is fast enough to calculate range vs range and 1.6 was a step in that direction (2- to 3x speedups of hand vs range calcs), but still a long way to go.
08-10-2012 , 07:22 AM
v1.6 has been released; if you are a pro user then you should have received an email with your new registration key. If you didn't get it or are having problems, shoot me an email.
08-12-2012 , 10:18 PM
I've used almost all the current equity calculators but I really like combonator's groupings and charting features. But I am disappointed that you can't perform range vs range equity calculations and also a listing of hand equities as they relate to X range (as stated above). Are there any plans to add these features in the future? If so, when?
08-13-2012 , 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D0nkM@st3r Combonator
I've used almost all the current equity calculators but I really like combonator's groupings and charting features. But I am disappointed that you can't perform range vs range equity calculations and also a listing of hand equities as they relate to X range (as stated above). Are there any plans to add these features in the future? If so, when?

- List of hand equities as they related to X range preflop - i will try to add this to the next minor update (v1.7).

- range vs range postflop equity calculations - yes i'm looking into this but it won't be until the next major update (v2). As stated the main issue here is keeping it fast - combonator needs know the equities for each hand vs range so that it can update instantly as you manipulate the grid. So doing range vs range with this is slow (you see how long it takes right now to do one hand vs a range...). But i am looking at this.

In the meantime, you are one button away from exporting ranges to an equity calculator if you need range vs range calcs. Personally (and i know lots of other combonator users do this from watching them use it) I use Combonator as my first go-to tool when i'm studying a hand, and a lot of the time that's all i need. But i have equilab on the side and export to that if needed.
08-17-2012 , 04:02 AM
I've been using pro-combonator for a long time, and it's really good, i recommend it.

I just wanna ask if you're planning to do something similar for PLO? Would kick ass.

bazz
08-21-2012 , 07:51 AM
Is Combonator only for heads up?

Is there any reason for this?

Last edited by Madsaac; 08-21-2012 at 07:56 AM.
08-21-2012 , 07:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazz Combonator
I've been using pro-combonator for a long time, and it's really good, i recommend it.

I just wanna ask if you're planning to do something similar for PLO? Would kick ass.

bazz
Sorry, no plans at the moment. Not even sure what it would look like really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madsaac Combonator
Is Combonator only for heads up?
Yes and no. The new preflop range vs range equity calculator is just for heads up.

However the main power of the tool is postflop, and most of it is useful for multiway spots. Things like combo counting, board texture analysis - they are for any scenario. And there's no reason why you cannot analyse someone's range (or your own) in a 3-way pot. However postflop equity calcs are only against a single hand.

You can export ranges both pre- and post-flop to equity calculators for x-person analysis.
08-23-2012 , 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madsaac Combonator
Hood,

I purchased Combonator but I can't seem to see how to find the equity between my cards and my opponents range on the flop, turn and river.

Thanks
Once you are in postflop mode, enter in your cards and the board in the bottom left. Equities vs the complete preflop range will calculator and show just below, as well as in the 'postflop' tab in the output on the right. When you start assigning combinations in to groups, equities for grouped hands will also be displayed automatically.
10-26-2012 , 11:35 PM
The ProPokerTools equity calculator allows you to set weighted ranges very easily.

Say you have JJ and you put villain on any pocket pairPre-flop & Post-flop)

AA-22 34%
JJ 66%

Now suppose you think villain has all his AA-TT pairs, but only half his 99-22 pairs.

You could specify that for those lower pairs he has to hold the club card (which has the effect of halving the number of combos for those pairs):

AA-TT, 99-22c 42%
JJ 58%

Which is fine, but it's not so easy when you want something more complicated than a simple half of some sub-range. Which is where weighted ranges come into play.

So here we specify 100% of his bigger pairs, and only 50% of the smaller ones:

AA-TT@100, 99-22@50 43%
JJ 57%

giving us the same result as before, but as you can see, this way of doing things is way more powerful.

Thanks
11-08-2012 , 12:00 AM
The software sounds really cool!

Quote:
Is there a way I can paste in a hand range like "33+, A2s+, K2s+, Q6s+, J7s+, T8s+, 98s, 87s, 76s, A2o+, K7o+, Q9o+, J9o+" and have the corresponding squares selected?
This would be the clincher for me.
11-08-2012 , 01:18 AM
It currently does this...
11-08-2012 , 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D0nkM@st3r Combonator
listing of hand equities as they relate to X range (as stated above). Are there any plans to add these features in the future? If so, when?
Preflop listiing of hands vs range is now in v1.7 beta.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Madsaac Combonator
The ProPokerTools equity calculator allows you to set weighted ranges very easily.
Also now in v1.7 beta.

It's not publicised much yet because a lot of code has changed in v1.7 (the preflop weighting required all the calculation libraries to be modified) so i want to limit the release. But you can read more about it at http://blog.combonator.com/167611205, screenshot, 4 videos demo'ing the new features, + download.

Most of the new stuff are pro-only features though, if you're a free user, you probably also want to try v1.7 for the much-improved saved preflop ranges facility.
11-08-2012 , 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggot Combonator
The software sounds really cool!

[typing in a range]

This would be the clincher for me.

For pro-users you can do this from the new preflop tab. In fact it works 'live' so the grid updates as you type in a range instantly, which is kinda fun.

Demostration of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiLbX...crec-u&t=0m55s
12-05-2012 , 09:01 AM
Will there be import support for HEM2 in the future?
12-05-2012 , 09:40 AM
I'd like to add it. I emailed HM2 guys a while back for help with the SQL queries for integration but they didn't get back to me. Maybe if their customers prodded them they'd reply
12-07-2012 , 06:28 PM
I was wondering if Combonator does the following.

Say you have a preflop range, say 13%

Then you select a flop.

Then you click all the hands you think Villain will continue with (which includes specific suited hands). Can you then select the inverse of that subset so that it will give you ALL the hands he will fold, but not ALL the other hands in the matrix.

In other words:

Say you have a range of 13%, call it X. Youíve clicked a subset of that range, call it Y. Does the inverse button give you X-Y or does it give you all the hands in the matrix besides Y, including ones that werenít originally in the 13%?

EX: Villainís preflop range is AA-QQ, AK, AQs

Flop: Ks7h6h

You select AA-KK and AK and AhQh as the hands he will continue with.

Can you then push the inverse button (or some button) and it will give you:
QQ, AsQs, AdQd, AcQc

automatically, or do you have to separately click the specific hands in his folding range?
12-08-2012 , 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggot Combonator
Say you have a range of 13%, call it X. You’ve clicked a subset of that range, call it Y. Does the inverse button give you X-Y
Pretty much this, in that I think it works how you'd expect. But it works a bit different, so let me illustrate with pics:

Let's start with a preflop range:



Here I've selected a preflop range of 13% and clicked 'to postflop mode'. Once you enter postflop mode, all hands not selected disappear. They will never be considered again for any analysis you do. Hands not in grid = now removed from the equation.

I also put in a board and hero cards. So we are working now with 145 combos. Let's select some combos:



I did a quick auto-selection postflop, top pair and flush draw. You see that represents 53 of 145 combos, which is 36% of the range that we selected preflop. Cards that aren't in the range are not counted. Hero has 21% equity vs this selected range.

We can also see the same stats - combo counting, %, and equity, for all ungrouped hands that are in the range selected preflop but not assigned to a group.

There is no 'inverse' button in group mode, instead we just assign all unselected hands into a different group. Here I click group 2 then 'all' (the 'all' button wont wipe the existing selected hands). So now we get:



nb some combos are in 'grey', this represents that combos in that hand are in more than one group (in this case, flush draw combos in group 1, all others in group 2).

You see the output here is the same as before - accept rather than being 'unassigned', they are in group 2. You do get in the output the details of the combos in group two (exact combinations selected are available in the combos tab).

Now one very useful tool here is 'reduce range'. This will remove more hands from the grid like we did when we went from preflop to postflop mode.



Here i reduced the range down to just those group 2 hands. Now our grid only contains these. This is useful for simulating the next street. So you say 'okay when my opponents calls he has these hands', you put them in a group (or make them the ungrouped), then you go on to the next street. You reduce the range to those hands, put in the turn card, now you can do analysis for his turn range.

Last edited by Hood; 12-08-2012 at 08:16 AM.
12-08-2012 , 10:59 PM
Awesome. That option really simplifies postflop analysis!

Definitely getting this. Thanks, again.
12-09-2012 , 02:08 AM
Saving ranges with partial selections, can you do that? Randomizing the weight somehow so if i want to call 50% 3bet 50% some of the my hands my calcs dont get skewed because i always just choose the same suits i flat.

Last edited by PantherBoy; 12-09-2012 at 02:15 AM.
12-09-2012 , 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherBoy Combonator
Saving ranges with partial selections, can you do that? Randomizing the weight somehow so if i want to call 50% 3bet 50% some of the my hands my calcs dont get skewed because i always just choose the same suits i flat.
No, but in v1.7 (pro), you can save ranges with actual preflop weighting.
12-09-2012 , 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hood Combonator
No, but in v1.7 (pro), you can save ranges with actual preflop weighting.
cool beans bro
12-16-2012 , 11:19 PM
seems like its crashing quite often on windows 8. expected or is it just my machine?
12-17-2012 , 07:30 AM
I haven't had any other reports of problems with windows 8. Could you provide any more details as to the crashes? Does the program freeze, or give an error message, or just shut down? is it during the use of any particular function? Any errors in the errorlog file?
12-17-2012 , 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hood Combonator
I'd like to add it. I emailed HM2 guys a while back for help with the SQL queries for integration but they didn't get back to me. Maybe if their customers prodded them they'd reply
The prodding will begin immediately and will continue incessently.
12-22-2012 , 01:45 AM
a license is for 1 or 2 computer?

      
m