Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Commercial Software Discussion of commercial gambling-related / poker software & commercial graphics modifications

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2009, 05:45 PM   #201
tarath
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,225
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

Quote:
Originally Posted by acevedo View Post
not sure if sum1 already asked 4 it, but 2 hotkeys for the cyclin table would be nice... like 1 to go next and another to go previous..
btw, when u plan to change/fix the frame stuff? to ppl who play with overlaped tables? ...
We haven't really planned out the next update yet, if over-hauling the frames is what people want most then I think its something we could probably get done.
tarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:50 PM   #202
tarath
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,225
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dave_ View Post
never implement this or Stars will ban your software. it must not take any decisions on behalf of a player, ever.
Thanks for the heads up on this, I will definitely 100% avoid this feature or anything like it.
tarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:49 PM   #203
Fragui
grinder
 
Fragui's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: :>
Posts: 509
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

an auto-register for sngs, like SFSO or Stars_SNG_Opener would be really useful.
Fragui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:53 PM   #204
lollerboller
stranger
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarath View Post
We worked this out over email but I thought I'd put a brief answer here in case anyone else has a similar issue.

It appears that without the .NET framework you need to install .NET, reboot your machine and then un-install and re-install TableNinja.

Most people have .NET so we don't have a lot of experience in dealing with this issue so if anyone else is having trouble because the don't have .NET installed and what I suggested above doesn't fix the problem, definitely let me know and I will try and help you out.

Tarath
Hey mate, I did as you said with installing/reboot/reinstalling and I still get a Microsoft .NET Framework error

Help please
lollerboller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:00 PM   #205
javi
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 6,419
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dave_ View Post
never implement this or Stars will ban your software. it must not take any decisions on behalf of a player, ever.
One way around it would be to do what those other poker training software programs do that simply make recommendations, but dont actually perform anything. So for instance the auto-seater could intelligently pick a seat, then present you with a popup that says "would you like to take this seat?" and then you click OK after you 'review' the seating conditions.

Not really that concerned with it though as someone pointed out 90% of the time you should be taking the first available seat at tables with long waiting lists anyway.
javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:02 PM   #206
tarath
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,225
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollerboller View Post
Hey mate, I did as you said with installing/reboot/reinstalling and I still get a Microsoft .NET Framework error

Help please
Hey,

Are you getting a message telling you that you do not have the .NET framework installed, or does it say something like "An unhandled exception has occurred in your application..."

If its an unhandled exception error, if you can click the details button and then copy and paste the "Exception Text" into an email to support@alxsoftware.com I will take a look at it and theres a good chance we can fix the problem very quickly. The exception text tells us the exact line in the code where the problem is which makes fixing things pretty straight forwards in most cases.

If its saying you do not have the .NET framework installed then it could be a pretty complicated problem, so in that case if you could email me a screen shot of the error message I will take a look and then see if I can talk you through a solution,

Thanks,

Tarath
tarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:01 PM   #207
jmflu
journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 290
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragui View Post
an auto-register for sngs, like SFSO or Stars_SNG_Opener would be really useful.
+1million, I would pay double if this software could do this, or you could probably even sell it as separate product.
jmflu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:35 AM   #208
outro
enthusiast
 
outro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 98
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

i find that when i 20 table sngs, my mouse lags after using this program, and when i turn it off, the mouse is smooth again, is this program not capable of handling this many tables?
outro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:36 AM   #209
tarath
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,225
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

Quote:
Originally Posted by outro View Post
i find that when i 20 table sngs, my mouse lags after using this program, and when i turn it off, the mouse is smooth again, is this program not capable of handling this many tables?
We've had many users playing at least this many tables with no lag problems so I'm not sure what could be causing you lag.

Can you use the performance monitor on the task manager to check what percentage of your CPU TableNinja is using?

Thanks,

Tarath
tarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:59 AM   #210
outro
enthusiast
 
outro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 98
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarath View Post
We've had many users playing at least this many tables with no lag problems so I'm not sure what could be causing you lag.

Can you use the performance monitor on the task manager to check what percentage of your CPU TableNinja is using?

Thanks,

Tarath
thanks for the quick reply, i've tried a second session and the lag has reduced a lot, maybe its the new update. but i have seen another problem, when i reg for sngs, they open the table lobby which i absolutely hate. I turned off the feature on the stars software and on tableninja but when they reg sngs, the lobbys still popup.
outro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:07 AM   #211
tarath
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,225
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

Quote:
Originally Posted by outro View Post
thanks for the quick reply, i've tried a second session and the lag has reduced a lot, maybe its the new update. but i have seen another problem, when i reg for sngs, they open the table lobby which i absolutely hate. I turned off the feature on the stars software and on tableninja but when they reg sngs, the lobbys still popup.
Hey,

Try unchecking the "Register for identical if full" checkbox in TableNinja and make sure that this is not checked on the buy-in screen in pokerstars.

This should fix the problem. Stars always opens the lobby if this is checked in Stars (or if TableNinja checks it for you).

Tarath
tarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 04:42 AM   #212
outro
enthusiast
 
outro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 98
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarath View Post
Hey,

Try unchecking the "Register for identical if full" checkbox in TableNinja and make sure that this is not checked on the buy-in screen in pokerstars.

This should fix the problem. Stars always opens the lobby if this is checked in Stars (or if TableNinja checks it for you).

Tarath
problem fixed, i love the software, saves me a lot of time and effort, just 1 request, i know its hard for you guys to make the software compatible to new table themes, but it would be nice if you could do the pokerstars slick theme, thanks for all the help, i will recommend this program to all my friends
outro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:56 AM   #213
malloc
grinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 629
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

Using the newest release (Build 91) I'm getting periodic errors that the pot size couldn't be determined (Stacked SNGs). It seems to happen when the focus is switched from one table to another at just the right (wrong?) time. It's not really much of a problem but I'd actually like to be able to disable the message that pops up as it's distracting.

More importantly to me, when a player is sitting out in a SNG, one must hover the mouse to get their stack size. With TableNinja, I get a random period of time not to exceed one second when the popup window is visible before it disappears. I have to hover over another player and then come back to the target player to get another fractional second shot at the data. Is this because of the scraping algorithm? If you can get the stack size and HUD it anywhere (over their avatar would be safe I would guess) I would buy at least a few copies of your software and I know some specific other players with the same problem that would as well.

If it's a quick fix can you add the timer to the tourney closer for the next release please please.
malloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 09:59 AM   #214
mappedout
old hand
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,932
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

Quote:
Originally Posted by malloc View Post
Using the newest release (Build 91) I'm getting periodic errors that the pot size couldn't be determined (Stacked SNGs). It seems to happen when the focus is switched from one table to another at just the right (wrong?) time. It's not really much of a problem but I'd actually like to be able to disable the message that pops up as it's distracting.

More importantly to me, when a player is sitting out in a SNG, one must hover the mouse to get their stack size. With TableNinja, I get a random period of time not to exceed one second when the popup window is visible before it disappears. I have to hover over another player and then come back to the target player to get another fractional second shot at the data. Is this because of the scraping algorithm? If you can get the stack size and HUD it anywhere (over their avatar would be safe I would guess) I would buy at least a few copies of your software and I know some specific other players with the same problem that would as well.

If it's a quick fix can you add the timer to the tourney closer for the next release please please.
Pretty sure it doesnt address the issues you are describing, but Build 93 is out and available.
mappedout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:47 PM   #215
AteeM
centurion
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 108
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

Hello xxxx,

Thank you for your email. Your email was escalated to me as a member of the
PokerStars Game Security Team again.

That function from tableninja - automatically joining a table - is fine with us.

I trust that this has been helpful to you, but please feel free to contact
us again anytime if we can help you further.

Regards,

Michael J
PokerStars Game Security Team
AteeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:02 PM   #216
tarath
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,225
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

Quote:
Originally Posted by malloc View Post
Using the newest release (Build 91) I'm getting periodic errors that the pot size couldn't be determined (Stacked SNGs). It seems to happen when the focus is switched from one table to another at just the right (wrong?) time. It's not really much of a problem but I'd actually like to be able to disable the message that pops up as it's distracting.

More importantly to me, when a player is sitting out in a SNG, one must hover the mouse to get their stack size. With TableNinja, I get a random period of time not to exceed one second when the popup window is visible before it disappears. I have to hover over another player and then come back to the target player to get another fractional second shot at the data. Is this because of the scraping algorithm? If you can get the stack size and HUD it anywhere (over their avatar would be safe I would guess) I would buy at least a few copies of your software and I know some specific other players with the same problem that would as well.

If it's a quick fix can you add the timer to the tourney closer for the next release please please.
Hey,

The pot-scraping error when you switch focus at just the wrong time is something we cannot do much about. We have to chose a moment to see what table is on top and then scrape that table, if which table is on top changes in that time there's very little we can do (if we checked to see if it had changed by the time that check was done it may have changed again). We could make disabling the Pot-Scraping eroor optional.

I believe I know what is causing the pop-up window to disappear and this is probably something we can handle and fix in the next update. I am not sure how hard it would be to add a TableNinja display that shows the stacks of people sitting out, I will look into it.

Adding a timer to the tourney closer should be managable, its on our list.

Thanks for all the feedback, I'll try and get as many of these issues worked out as possible in the next update.

Tarath
tarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:17 PM   #217
DamienT
banned
 
DamienT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: France / Netherlands
Posts: 6,912
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

Quote:
Originally Posted by AteeM View Post
Hello xxxx,

Thank you for your email. Your email was escalated to me as a member of the
PokerStars Game Security Team again.

That function from tableninja - automatically joining a table - is fine with us.

I trust that this has been helpful to you, but please feel free to contact
us again anytime if we can help you further.

Regards,

Michael J
PokerStars Game Security Team
Sweet
DamienT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:09 AM   #218
tarath
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,225
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmflu View Post
+1million, I would pay double if this software could do this, or you could probably even sell it as separate product.
I think a sit-n-go opener is definitely something we'd to do.

Its a reasonably big undertaking and would need to go through a lot testing, so it may make sense to do it as an add-on that integrates into TableNinja that we can beta-test, debug, and modify separately rather than having to release updates to the entire TableNinja program every time we are modifying the SnG opener.

I started working out a basic feature list and specification for this, but its something that will take some time.
tarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:24 AM   #219
ActionFreak
veteran
 
ActionFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,226
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

When I try to change it to always run as administrator it doesn't give me the option to change it. what do I need to do?
ActionFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:44 AM   #220
tarath
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,225
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionFreak View Post
When I try to change it to always run as administrator it doesn't give me the option to change it. what do I need to do?
Usually this means you need to run the program as administrator from the actual TableNinja.exe file, not from a shortcut. Try going into your TableNinja install directory, and right clicking on the TableNinja.exe file and clicking properties.

Then go to the compatibility tab and check the "Run this program as an administrator" checkbox at the bottom.

Let me know if this works,

Tarath
tarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:53 AM   #221
nlnut
adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 801
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

The auto take seat function isn't working when I am on a waiting list. I have too click yes I want to take the seat then I have to click the black "R" at the seat. After that it auto buys in and seats me. Is it suppose to click Yes and the black "R" also?

Thanks
nlnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:56 AM   #222
tarath
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,225
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlnut View Post
The auto take seat function isn't working when I am on a waiting list. I have too click yes I want to take the seat then I have to click the black "R" at the seat. After that it auto buys in and seats me. Is it suppose to click Yes and the black "R" also?

Thanks
It doesn't currently click yes (we're hoping to add this very soon) but it should click the black R. It waits a short time before clicking the black R because for people with slow machines, trying to click it to soon was crashing PokerStars, so make sure to give it a few seconds or so to click the black R.

If you have the automatically take seat checkbox checked and its not clicking the R then somthing is wrong, so if you can confirm this for me I will try and figure out what could be going on.

Thanks,

Tarath
tarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:51 AM   #223
ActionFreak
veteran
 
ActionFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,226
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarath View Post
Usually this means you need to run the program as administrator from the actual TableNinja.exe file, not from a shortcut. Try going into your TableNinja install directory, and right clicking on the TableNinja.exe file and clicking properties.

Then go to the compatibility tab and check the "Run this program as an administrator" checkbox at the bottom.

Let me know if this works,

Tarath
I am trying to do it from the exe file. It won't let me change it. I am logged in as adminstrator
ActionFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:56 AM   #224
tarath
veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2,225
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionFreak View Post
I am trying to do it from the exe file. It won't let me change it. I am logged in as adminstrator
Hmm, no ones ever had this problem before so I'm not sure what the solution is. I will try and read up on this.

Is the checkbox greyed out?

Thanks,

Tarath
tarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 02:16 AM   #225
ActionFreak
veteran
 
ActionFreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,226
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

yes it is greyed out. probably something simple that I am missing
ActionFreak is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online