Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Commercial Software Discussion of commercial gambling-related / poker software & commercial graphics modifications

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2009, 10:20 PM   #401
kilmarta
adept
 
kilmarta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: dublin
Posts: 985
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

Quote:
Originally Posted by e306 View Post
did you have a look at starsreads autohotkey-script? you can colorcode players with that script.
i have never been able to get any ahk things working, that is one of the reasons i love table ninja so much
kilmarta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 11:54 PM   #402
spectacle_triage
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 28
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack frost View Post
+1


as well could you also make it if you click the bet button and someone already bet it wont do any thing im getting sick of accidently mini raising people
for instance player A opens for 10$ jack frost is an idiot and doesnt see this but wanted to open for 8$ so he clicks the hot key for bet 8$ and actually raises to 20$
So it sounds like you want a separate "Raise, but don't re-raise" hotkey? That's possible, and we can add it to the list, but as you know from following the thread, it's getting to be a long list...

Quote:
I also noticed that when I get the curser close to the edge of table it shrinkis the table down as small as it goes and is a ***** to get it to open back to normal size could you look into that as well.


With the problem I have been having on not being able to click on other stuff. I have noticed if I have 24 tables going I am fine all night when I start getting around 19 or less is when the problem get persistant. Maybe this si why no one else has noticed this.
We'll keep working on debugging this with you, but for now I'm hoping that some of the internal improvements we're making to the scraping process and frames will just fix things. Seeing as 99%+ of users don't seem to have these issues, maybe it's time to look at your hardware? Maybe even try playing with a different mouse/keyboard if you have access to them?

I'm not trying to pass the buck, but the odd nature of the bugs makes me think there has to be something different about your setup that is just interacting poorly with TableNinja.

No need to fill the forum with our back and forth though. Feel free to continue our email exchange with anything else you find out...
spectacle_triage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:11 AM   #403
jmflu
journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 290
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

How hard would an auto SNG Register'er' - i.e. Keep X Tables open as they bust Register in a new one until total of Y has been reached . There is an ahk version out but it is pretty limited as it does no image recognition and cant what buy ins it sees and often over registers.

I had mentioned it earlier in the thread that I am sure you could make it as a side add on program, I would easily pay another $20 for this feature alone and any serious SNG MTTer would as well.
jmflu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:19 AM   #404
spectacle_triage
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 28
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

Quote:
Originally Posted by sundevilfish View Post
Does Ninja automatically click you back from sitting out? This is a huge feature for me and one that I really like about Wicks script...Also, any chance you can make an option for preflop raises dependent on the blinds? Like at 10/20 I like betting about 4 times the big blind, 15/30 3 times, and later on I go down to 2.5 times. It would be great to just click the preflop raise button and it knows how to raise automatically. Anyways, thanks for making this I think I'll try it out.
"Never sit out" is definitely a feature on our to do list, but I don't think it will make it into the next version.

We have position dependent preflop betting on our list, but not blind dependent. If anyone else wants this feature, chime in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilmarta View Post
i change between normal and a custom backround (just a colour) to help me remember how a table is playing, would it be possible to do this with TN? maybe have it be able to change with a hotkey a few different customizable backrounds.
We plan to give you the functionality that you want down the road a bit, but probably not by changing the background, as I don't think there's a slick way to do that during play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilmarta View Post
love TN has really helped multitabling, is it cheaper to buy it now than it will be after the beta ends?
Our current plan is to keep the price where it is during the beta, then raise it slightly once the beta is done. A couple of weeks before the beta ends, we will put a pop-up warning in TableNinja and a post in this thread. We definitely want to make sure that all of you beta users are rewarded with the discount price.

Many people have already purchased and we certainly appreciate the show of support.
spectacle_triage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:20 AM   #405
fozzy71
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
fozzy71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 8 Mile + 2.5
Posts: 37,268
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

Quote:
Originally Posted by spectacle_triage View Post
.......
We plan to give you the functionality that you want down the road a bit, but probably not by changing the background, as I don't think there's a slick way to do that during play.
......
SimpleModManager.ahk by _dave_ is about as good as it gets for stars background changing.
fozzy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 12:42 AM   #406
spectacle_triage
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 28
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmflu View Post
How hard would an auto SNG Register'er' - i.e. Keep X Tables open as they bust Register in a new one until total of Y has been reached . There is an ahk version out but it is pretty limited as it does no image recognition and cant what buy ins it sees and often over registers.

I had mentioned it earlier in the thread that I am sure you could make it as a side add on program, I would easily pay another $20 for this feature alone and any serious SNG MTTer would as well.
Great minds think alike as we hope to add the feature you've described eventually.

It's entirely likely that a simplistic (but reliable) version of what you're talking about will just make it into TableNinja at some point. We certainly don't want to charge extra for any one feature, but we _could_ eventually bundle several hot SnG-specific features into an add-on.
spectacle_triage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:37 PM   #407
McAvoy
banned
 
McAvoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Apostle of Hope
Posts: 46,476
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

I just gave this program a try and I think its great but I find it too hard to use given my current set up. I multi table on a 15" screen, my tables overlap and I had a hard time seeing what table I wanted to act on at times, if I had attention needed on two tables that were overlapping, I had a hard time getting to act on the appropriate one.

Maybe when I get another monitor and don't have tables overlapping I'll give it another try. I really liked it though and if it wasn't for that issue, I'd probably use it. But as it stands now, its too much of a hassle.
McAvoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:43 PM   #408
e306
old hand
 
e306's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NL100 for life.
Posts: 1,814
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAvoy View Post
I multi table on a 15" screen, my tables overlap and I had a hard time seeing what table I wanted to act on at times, if I had attention needed on two tables that were overlapping, I had a hard time getting to act on the appropriate one.
are the flickering frames your problem? you can turn them off by checking "disable frames".
e306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 03:44 PM   #409
Idaho_Angler
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 174
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

is there anyway that this could be tweaked to work on Cereus Network?
Idaho_Angler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 04:55 PM   #410
malloc
grinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 629
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

[QUOTE=spectacle_triage;8286493We have position dependent preflop betting on our list, but not blind dependent. If anyone else wants this feature, chime in.
[/QUOTE]

Chimed
malloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:23 PM   #411
Antioxy
newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 19
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

Quote:
Originally Posted by malloc View Post
Chimed
chimed
Antioxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 09:39 PM   #412
McAvoy
banned
 
McAvoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Apostle of Hope
Posts: 46,476
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

Quote:
Originally Posted by e306 View Post
are the flickering frames your problem? you can turn them off by checking "disable frames".
Now you tell me after I uninstall. What does disable frames do?

But I think that sounds like the problem, two frames would fight for supremacy and the wrong one would usually win.
McAvoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 11:51 PM   #413
spectacle_triage
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 28
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

Quote:
Originally Posted by McAvoy View Post
I just gave this program a try and I think its great but I find it too hard to use given my current set up. I multi table on a 15" screen, my tables overlap and I had a hard time seeing what table I wanted to act on at times, if I had attention needed on two tables that were overlapping, I had a hard time getting to act on the appropriate one.

Maybe when I get another monitor and don't have tables overlapping I'll give it another try. I really liked it though and if it wasn't for that issue, I'd probably use it. But as it stands now, its too much of a hassle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by McAvoy View Post
Now you tell me after I uninstall. What does disable frames do?

But I think that sounds like the problem, two frames would fight for supremacy and the wrong one would usually win.
In the current version (1.0.93.0) if you overlap tables, you probably want to turn frames off. TableNinja currently just draws frames on the top layer, so if there's any overlap it will probably be quite confusing and may even break other features that scrape the table image.

We are in fact working on this, but for now try checking the "disable frames" box and see if that helps. If you're going to be overlapping anyway, I'd suggest just stacking or cascading your tables and following the setup guidlines here: http://tableninja.com/faq.php#I%20am...h%20TableNinja

Note that we plan on improving frames and stacking/cascading settings in future releases.
spectacle_triage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:51 AM   #414
Wim1441
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 40
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

Implementing the slick theme would be a great future since this theme is great in combination with a hud

Last edited by Wim1441; 01-22-2009 at 06:56 AM.
Wim1441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:31 PM   #415
mantheman
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 42
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

Just used this today on a brief 16-tabling session. felt a little bit clunky but maybe im just too used to my AHK scripts. some suggestions:
1. frames - have option to turn whichever ones we want off, rather than all or nothing.
2. frames - should have option to define thickness of lines.
3. frames - should follow the table.. i have a script which transports tables across the screen, but TN frames seem to be frozen so dont follow tables
3. annoyance - option to kill popups when you click 'fold' on free checks
4. annoyance - hotkeys for sitout all take/autopost didnt work consistently for me
5. annoyance - have a 'never sit me out' option incase it accidentally misses timebank or whatever
6. general - a 'keep lobby on top' option would be handy too

btw, it would be pretty slick if TN could handle some of the table-mapping /swapping/etc. stuff that placemint currently does as it fits in well with the other functions.
mantheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 03:03 PM   #416
Wim1441
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 40
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

Could you also implement the possibility to select a hotkey for a custom table lay-out?
Wim1441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 07:32 PM   #417
malloc
grinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 629
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

I have now finished about 3000 stacked SNGs with TN and am still very pleased with it. Yesterday, however, I finally gave up on waiting for the close tournament timer as it seems that cash play will be given priority over SNG features (no complaint, just an impression). I'm certain it closed at least two or three of the 150 tournaments I played yesterday but the vast vast majority I still had to close manually regardless of whether they were busts, wins/tournament completes or were hidden in the stack or visible on top when the bust/win occurred.

Does this feature work properly for anyone? How do we go about troubleshooting? No errors on the HH imports which is what I was trying to test but then again only having a couple autoclosed isn't much of a test.
malloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:16 PM   #418
spectacle_triage
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 28
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantheman View Post
Just used this today on a brief 16-tabling session. felt a little bit clunky but maybe im just too used to my AHK scripts. some suggestions:
1. frames - have option to turn whichever ones we want off, rather than all or nothing.
2. frames - should have option to define thickness of lines.
3. frames - should follow the table.. i have a script which transports tables across the screen, but TN frames seem to be frozen so dont follow tables
3. annoyance - option to kill popups when you click 'fold' on free checks
4. annoyance - hotkeys for sitout all take/autopost didnt work consistently for me
5. annoyance - have a 'never sit me out' option incase it accidentally misses timebank or whatever
6. general - a 'keep lobby on top' option would be handy too

btw, it would be pretty slick if TN could handle some of the table-mapping /swapping/etc. stuff that placemint currently does as it fits in well with the other functions.
1 - 3 are limitations (or side-effects thereof) in the way that we're currently drawing frames. We're working on a new way to do frames that should be all things to all people.

Free folding popup handler is on our to-do list, as is "never sit out".

4. Those should work perfectly (of course) as they're simply clicking a single spot on all of the open tables you have. If you can reproduce them not working and email your config file and most recent log file to support@alxsoftware.com, that would help us debug.

6. By "keep lobby on top" do you mean that you'd like it to always be unminimized and in the foreground? If that's the case, I assume you have it such that it's not blocking anything else, so would it being always unminimized be good enough?
spectacle_triage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 10:33 PM   #419
spectacle_triage
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 28
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

Quote:
Originally Posted by malloc View Post
I have now finished about 3000 stacked SNGs with TN and am still very pleased with it. Yesterday, however, I finally gave up on waiting for the close tournament timer as it seems that cash play will be given priority over SNG features (no complaint, just an impression). I'm certain it closed at least two or three of the 150 tournaments I played yesterday but the vast vast majority I still had to close manually regardless of whether they were busts, wins/tournament completes or were hidden in the stack or visible on top when the bust/win occurred.

Does this feature work properly for anyone? How do we go about troubleshooting? No errors on the HH imports which is what I was trying to test but then again only having a couple autoclosed isn't much of a test.
Glad to hear that things are going well overall.

As far as whether it works, I can tell you that all of our pre-release testers had no complaints, and it has been tested thoroughly on our systems. Of course, that could say very little about how well it plays with certain setups and other programs. If you're running anything else besides TableNinja and Stars, please try playing with just those two programs running to see if it works then. Email support@alxsoftware.com with your results and we'll see what we can do.

As much as hearing about bugs feels like someone calling my child ugly, we can't fix what we aren't aware of, so if anyone else has more insight on this problem (or has a solution), please speak up.

We do in fact try and balance releases between cash game and SnG features, but we also prioritize by what we can get done quickly. The SnG closer timer is scheduled for the next release, but I haven't actually written the code yet. I'm already concerned about the time it will take us to test what we've got for a release this weekend (instead of waiting another week), so I really can't promise anything about what will make it in (but the thought counts, right?).
spectacle_triage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 08:33 AM   #420
hiho
old hand
 
hiho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: making calls that are HUGELY ev
Posts: 1,891
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

I started playing with this yesterday. I had two issues, one the lobby always opens when you register and two it crashed on me with 8 tables. I assume that the crashing was on the odd side but the lobby openning happened everytime.
hiho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 12:06 PM   #421
spectacle_triage
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 28
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiho View Post
I started playing with this yesterday. I had two issues, one the lobby always opens when you register and two it crashed on me with 8 tables. I assume that the crashing was on the odd side but the lobby openning happened everytime.
Settings that dictate when the lobby will automatically pop up are on the "General" tab in the "Lobby" group box. If you uncheck all of those boxes, the lobby will never be unminimized by TableNinja.

Please send any details you can about the crash (what you were doing at the time) to support@alxsoftware.com, along with your config file and log file for that day.

I think we've only had one or two people mention crashes at all, and that's certainly the type of bug that's very easy to fix if you let us know what was going on.
spectacle_triage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 06:16 PM   #422
hiho
old hand
 
hiho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: making calls that are HUGELY ev
Posts: 1,891
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

Thanks I sent over the config file via email. Also thanks for the table closing, that was my misunderstanding of the software. I think that its a really great tool.
hiho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:36 PM   #423
mantheman
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 42
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

Found a bug (not logged) today - something about TN not being able to find pot size. Made me auto-call down with a weak hand.. lost about $25 because of it. Was pretty scary as it wouldve called an allin. Any idea wtf happened?

By the way, a really awesome feature would be to be able to import a list of buddies, so they would be highlighted on each table - maybe as a circular framing around the avatar or something. Doable?
mantheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:50 PM   #424
e306
old hand
 
e306's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NL100 for life.
Posts: 1,814
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantheman View Post
By the way, a really awesome feature would be to be able to import a list of buddies, so they would be highlighted on each table - maybe as a circular framing around the avatar or something. Doable?
StarsReads can do that
e306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 10:39 PM   #425
spectacle_triage
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: CA, USA
Posts: 28
Re: New Software: TableNinja - Hotkeys and Utilities for PokerStars

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantheman View Post
Found a bug (not logged) today - something about TN not being able to find pot size. Made me auto-call down with a weak hand.. lost about $25 because of it. Was pretty scary as it wouldve called an allin. Any idea wtf happened?

By the way, a really awesome feature would be to be able to import a list of buddies, so they would be highlighted on each table - maybe as a circular framing around the avatar or something. Doable?
So you got a systray popup saying it couldn't find the pot size? Hmm, that should cause the autobet to fail... and certainly will in the next version as properly handling and retrying pot reads is a big part of the work I've been doing.

If there was a systray error display, it should show up in the log file. If you could send it to me so I can make sure nothing really strange is going on, that'd be great. If you know whenabouts in the log it should be, that would help of course.

In general, that error means that something was covering the pot box, if only briefly... and all of those kind of situations will be handled more obviously, with less failures and better handling of the few failures that do happen... in the next version.
spectacle_triage is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online