Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Commercial Software Discussion of commercial gambling-related / poker software & commercial graphics modifications

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2012, 03:03 AM   #201
sng_jason
grinder
 
sng_jason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 436
Re: SnG Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiLTTi View Post
Hi. Since its support thread didnt search for it. But why is there 13euro tax if I pay with Paypal ? anyway to handle this.
So Id pay more than others

Thanks
I'm afraid any sales tax or VAT is out of my hands. It gets added on by my payment processor automatically based on the tax law of where you're paying from... i dont think it matters if its with PayPal or some other method.

Here is a quote from what I have been told about the collection of a VAT:
"For most sales of digital products, we do not have to collect or pay taxes on your behalf. However, some sales in the EU require us to collect and pay VAT to the appropriate authorities. VAT rates differ by country, and your end customers may enter their VAT ID as part of the checkout process if they are exempt from payment of the tax. Some sales in the state of California may be subject to California sales tax."

Anyways, I hope that helped. If there's something else about this you need to know, let me know and I can try to find out.
sng_jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:04 PM   #202
puddelding
newbie
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 23
Re: SnG Solver

Hey,

just a feature request that came to my mind lately: would it be possible to have the option to say that a player is sitting out? I know I could just set the calling range to 0% but my guess is that it doesn't affect the future game simulation.

Thanks for this nice piece of software!
puddelding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:16 PM   #203
sng_jason
grinder
 
sng_jason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 436
Re: SnG Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddelding View Post
Hey,

just a feature request that came to my mind lately: would it be possible to have the option to say that a player is sitting out? I know I could just set the calling range to 0% but my guess is that it doesn't affect the future game simulation.

Thanks for this nice piece of software!
Your guess is right... setting a range to 0% wont affect the PSM calculation.

I'm planning some UI updates and something like this should work in reasonably well... so, no promises yet, but I think its a good request and I'll see what I can do.
sng_jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 05:25 PM   #204
Sly Caveat
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Sly Caveat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 8,641
Re: SnG Solver

Is there a reason that heads up would give you different calling ranges when you switch the stacks? E.g. 100/50/10 structure you get different ranges for these two scenarios:

SB 1000
BB 2000

SB 2000
BB 1000

Shouldn't they be the same?
Sly Caveat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 11:06 AM   #205
buldermar
enthusiast
 
buldermar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 53
Re: SnG Solver

EDIT: I managed to resolve this issue.

I just downloaded the program on my PC and laptop. On my PC the program runs fine, but on my laptop the installer gets stuck on:
"Delete file: C\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp\w_ccompxe_redist_ia 32_2011.8.278"

My laptop has the following spec (I don't know what/if any info is relevant):
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
G74Sx
Intel Core i7-2630QM CPU@2.00GHz (8 CPUs)
16384MB RAM
DirectX 11
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M, 2752MB

Last edited by buldermar; 07-14-2012 at 11:18 AM.
buldermar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:43 PM   #206
sng_jason
grinder
 
sng_jason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 436
Re: SnG Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly Caveat View Post
Is there a reason that heads up would give you different calling ranges when you switch the stacks? E.g. 100/50/10 structure you get different ranges for these two scenarios:

SB 1000
BB 2000

SB 2000
BB 1000

Shouldn't they be the same?
While its usually considered true that cEV=$EV when heads up, and that therefore these situations should be considered equivalent (because now both players are playing "effective stacks")... this is actually only true when considering a static analysis of the hand.

The reality is that because these two situations have differing game states for subsequent rounds (which provide feedback for the current round), they are not actually tactically equivalent.

Because SnG Solver is simulating future rounds of play (a la PSM), the results reflect these differences.

Make sense?
sng_jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:45 PM   #207
buldermar
enthusiast
 
buldermar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 53
Re: SnG Solver

Forgive me if this is the wrong place for suggestions.

As a tournament player, I would like if the program recognizes that the table is a tournament table from the imported hand history and presets the payout structure to 100/0/0. Alternatively, a "lock payout structure" option would be desirable. Having to edit the payout structure to 100/0/0 for every hand imported is tedious.

As a tournament player, I would like if the program recognizes Hero's position from the imported hand history and marks Hero's chipstack by default, since most often, this will be the position of interest.

As an advanced user, it would be nice to be able to store particular solved hands so that they later can be restored without having to be re-solved.

As a novice SNG player, a Quiz consisting of randomized decisions of a certain difficulty (e.g. "Push/Fold?") could be a quick and effective way of improving ones decisionmaking abilities without having to import hands and spend time solving them. Such quiz could be generated to fit certain criteria (e.g. Hero's position, previous actions, number of players, payout structure at table, stacksize ranges etc.), or have a certain level of difficulty based on the EVP to EVF ratio of the particular hand. One would instantly receive feedback that, in turn, allows for better answers to future questions.

As an advanced user, I would save time if I could preload a larger amount of hand histories and have my computer solving all of them at once rather than one at a time.

Thank you for developing this amazing program. I'm looking forward to future updates and to get more familiar with it!
buldermar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:45 PM   #208
sng_jason
grinder
 
sng_jason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 436
Re: SnG Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by buldermar View Post
...EDIT: I managed to resolve this issue.
Glad it all worked out... Did you have to do anything in particular to get the installer unstuck, or did it just fix itself after re-trying, or...?
sng_jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:05 PM   #209
buldermar
enthusiast
 
buldermar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 53
Re: SnG Solver

I can't tell for sure what did it, but I restarted my computer, deleted the malfunctioning program (it showed the shortcut icon as if it was installed, but the program couldn't open), re-downloaded the package file, ran it as an administrator and chose a different install folder.
buldermar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 10:12 PM   #210
buldermar
enthusiast
 
buldermar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 53
Re: SnG Solver

I probably should add that I tried opening the C\Users\...\AppData\Local\Temp folder when the installation was stuck to locate the file, which made explorer crash, so I had to close that folder again from the task manager.
buldermar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:38 AM   #211
Picasso
adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 829
Re: SnG Solver

i know it isnt simple to implement, but i think it is leading to incorrect data by not having unrestricted ranges. is there an eta for when this will be available?
Picasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:09 PM   #212
HoleInOne11
adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,187
Re: SnG Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picasso View Post
i know it isnt simple to implement, but i think it is leading to incorrect data by not having unrestricted ranges. is there an eta for when this will be available?
I recall it being mentioned that it was in the pipe line.
HoleInOne11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:43 PM   #213
Rusemandingo
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Rusemandingo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Playas de Rosarito
Posts: 14,046
Re: SnG Solver

Ive run into a few hands the past few days where solver will suggest calling q6 but not q7. Not sure if its an error or some weird outlier because of villains shoving range. Ill take a screenshot next time but curious if other people have run into this.
Rusemandingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:33 PM   #214
Sly Caveat
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Sly Caveat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 8,641
Re: SnG Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by sng_jason View Post
While its usually considered true that cEV=$EV when heads up, and that therefore these situations should be considered equivalent (because now both players are playing "effective stacks")... this is actually only true when considering a static analysis of the hand.

The reality is that because these two situations have differing game states for subsequent rounds (which provide feedback for the current round), they are not actually tactically equivalent.

Because SnG Solver is simulating future rounds of play (a la PSM), the results reflect these differences.

Make sense?
I thought Solver only simulated the remainder of the current round, which for heads up would be one more hand. Is this correct? If so, what factors would arise in the next hand that would benefit one player over the other, leading to the discrepancy in the ranges?
Sly Caveat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:57 PM   #215
sng_jason
grinder
 
sng_jason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 436
Re: SnG Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by buldermar View Post
Forgive me if this is the wrong place for suggestions.
This is definitely the right place

Quote:
As a tournament player, I would like if the program recognizes that the table is a tournament table from the imported hand history and presets the payout structure to 100/0/0. Alternatively, a "lock payout structure" option would be desirable. Having to edit the payout structure to 100/0/0 for every hand imported is tedious.

As a tournament player, I would like if the program recognizes Hero's position from the imported hand history and marks Hero's chipstack by default, since most often, this will be the position of interest.

As an advanced user, it would be nice to be able to store particular solved hands so that they later can be restored without having to be re-solved.
Agreed, agreed, and agreed. I've got a number of changes to the UI in the pipeline and all of these things are high on the list. I am always interested to hear how people are working with SnG Solver and how the UI might be streamlined to match.


Quote:
As a novice SNG player, a Quiz consisting of randomized decisions of a certain difficulty (e.g. "Push/Fold?") could be a quick and effective way of improving ones decisionmaking abilities without having to import hands and spend time solving them. Such quiz could be generated to fit certain criteria (e.g. Hero's position, previous actions, number of players, payout structure at table, stacksize ranges etc.), or have a certain level of difficulty based on the EVP to EVF ratio of the particular hand. One would instantly receive feedback that, in turn, allows for better answers to future questions.
I've had a lot of requests for a quiz mode and its definitely something I'd like to add. Tbh, its not something thats going to be a high priority for a while, but I definitely agree that there could be a lot of value to having a quiz mode.

Quote:
As an advanced user, I would save time if I could preload a larger amount of hand histories and have my computer solving all of them at once rather than one at a time.
This is also something thats high on "The List".

Quote:
Thank you for developing this amazing program. I'm looking forward to future updates and to get more familiar with it!
You're welcome! I really appreciate the thoughtful feedback and suggestions... the user base for SnG Solver is growing rapidly but posts like this from you guys can definitely help steer the development!
sng_jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:05 PM   #216
sng_jason
grinder
 
sng_jason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 436
Re: SnG Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picasso View Post
i know it isnt simple to implement, but i think it is leading to incorrect data by not having unrestricted ranges. is there an eta for when this will be available?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Klinkz View Post
I recall it being mentioned that it was in the pipe line.
Yes, unrestricted ranges are definitely on the way. Its taking a little bit longer than I had hoped because of the new data that will be needed when this feature is rolled out.

There is another feature that I have in the works that will also require an update to the data... and, because the pre-calculated data for SnG Solver is quite large, I am trying to make it so that there will only be one new data download required for both features, instead of one for each.

I'm afraid I dont want to try to give a specific ETA... but this is my highest priority new feature right now.
sng_jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:10 PM   #217
sng_jason
grinder
 
sng_jason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 436
Re: SnG Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusemandingo View Post
Ive run into a few hands the past few days where solver will suggest calling q6 but not q7. Not sure if its an error or some weird outlier because of villains shoving range. Ill take a screenshot next time but curious if other people have run into this.
Yeah, definitely try to grab a screen of this if you run into it again. Like you say, it could be error or just some curious edge case... but either way, spots like that can be interesting to go over.
sng_jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:31 PM   #218
sng_jason
grinder
 
sng_jason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 436
Re: SnG Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly Caveat View Post
I thought Solver only simulated the remainder of the current round, which for heads up would be one more hand. Is this correct? If so, what factors would arise in the next hand that would benefit one player over the other, leading to the discrepancy in the ranges?
Well, even with considering just one round in the future, its going to include the new starting setup for the next round, which will be very different than the current round....

Consider the differences between the two games when the SB folds to the BB:

In the first game the new stacks will be 2170 and 830 (2.6:1)
In the second game the new stacks will be 1170 and 1830 (1:1.5)

These future game setups are very asymmetric and have obviously different equity value for each. So, even though the "current round" equity of folding 170 chips is equal in both situations (because cEV = $EV when heads-up), the equity contributed from possible future states is not equal and gives rise to the differences between these setups.
sng_jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:32 PM   #219
buldermar
enthusiast
 
buldermar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 53
Re: SnG Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusemandingo View Post
Ive run into a few hands the past few days where solver will suggest calling q6 but not q7. Not sure if its an error or some weird outlier because of villains shoving range. Ill take a screenshot next time but curious if other people have run into this.
I noticed this as well, but assumed (perhaps wrongfully) that it was due to the shovingrange having more dominating 7x hands than 6x hands.
buldermar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:28 PM   #220
plexiq
veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Vienna
Posts: 2,017
Re: SnG Solver

^ The x6 vs x7 stuff is fairly common against ranges that are Ax heavy, since the 6 dominates the 4-card wheel and there is little difference between Q6 and Q7 otherwise.
plexiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 02:05 PM   #221
ALPAllstar20
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 253
Re: SnG Solver

I have a couple hands marked in HEM that I wanted to run through solver but every time I go to paste the HEM HH a box pops up and says paste HH.

Then I get the following error message where I try to paste the HH. "Error reading seat"
ALPAllstar20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:06 PM   #222
sng_jason
grinder
 
sng_jason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 436
Re: SnG Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPAllstar20 View Post
I have a couple hands marked in HEM that I wanted to run through solver but every time I go to paste the HEM HH a box pops up and says paste HH.

Then I get the following error message where I try to paste the HH. "Error reading seat"
If the "Paste In Hand History" edit box pops up when you try to paste a HH directly into SnG Sovler, it means that whatever was in your clipboard didnt get recognized as a valid HH. Whatever was in the clipboard *should* automatically show up in the edit box at this point.

If you can paste the offending HHs into an e-mail to support@sngsolver.com or even just paste them into this thread, I should be able to see whats going on and get it sorted
sng_jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 04:59 PM   #223
ALPAllstar20
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Illinois
Posts: 253
Re: SnG Solver

These are both Merge Super Turbos. Both are being viewed in HM1. First one is the new structure.

***** Hand History for Game 5867043710 ***** (Merge)
Tourney Hand NL Texas Hold'em - Saturday, July 21, 03:29:04 ET 2012
Table NEW Dragonfly Room 3 Minute Levels (58669024) (Real Money)
Seat 5 is the button
Seat 2: bexenbex76 ( 960 )
Seat 5: RodBlagojevich ( 840 )
RodBlagojevich posts small blind [20].
bexenbex76 posts big blind [40].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to RodBlagojevich [ 9d 7h ]
RodBlagojevich raises [820]
bexenbex76 calls [800]
bexenbex76 shows [8s, Ac ]
RodBlagojevich shows [9d, 7h ]
** Dealing Flop ** [ 6h, Ad, 7c ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ 2h ]
** Dealing River ** [ 7s ]
RodBlagojevich wins 1680 from main pot

Old Structure

***** Hand History for Game 5867001118 ***** (Merge)
Tourney Hand NL Texas Hold'em - Saturday, July 21, 03:25:46 ET 2012
Table Dragonfly Room Super Turbo (58669584) (Real Money)
Seat 3 is the button
Seat 3: Sanibelisland ( 600 )
Seat 4: RodBlagojevich ( 2100 )
Seat 5: Dzmitry123 ( 2250 )
Seat 6: suckyspence ( 1050 )
RodBlagojevich posts small blind [200].
Dzmitry123 posts big blind [400].
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to RodBlagojevich [ Td Tc ]
suckyspence folds
Sanibelisland folds
RodBlagojevich raises [1900]
Dzmitry123 folds
RodBlagojevich wins 800 from main pot
RodBlagojevich wins 1700


Thanks for looking into this.
ALPAllstar20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:46 PM   #224
p2 dog, p2
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,460
Re: SnG Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by plexiq View Post
^ The x6 vs x7 stuff is fairly common against ranges that are Ax heavy, since the 6 dominates the 4-card wheel and there is little difference between Q6 and Q7 otherwise.

sick brag

SOOOOO, as a long time Wiz user, what makes SNG Solver the better option?? I have not downloaded the free trial yet but will be doing so
p2 dog, p2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:43 PM   #225
sng_jason
grinder
 
sng_jason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 436
Re: SnG Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPAllstar20 View Post
These are both Merge Super Turbos. Both are being viewed in HM1. First one is the new structure.
....
Okay, I've found the problem and just uploaded an update (1.0.10.1307) that should correct it. Let me know if you still run into any trouble.
sng_jason is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online