Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Commercial Software Discussion of commercial gambling-related / poker software & commercial graphics modifications

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2012, 05:54 PM   #226
sng_jason
grinder
 
sng_jason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 436
Re: SnG Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2 dog, p2 View Post
SOOOOO, as a long time Wiz user, what makes SNG Solver the better option?? I have not downloaded the free trial yet but will be doing so
Wellll... instead of ICM, SnG Solver uses a new algorithm I invented called PSM (Predictive Simulation Model). Strategies developed using PSM will give you an edge over ICM based strategies, especially in short-stacked/bubble type situations. See here: http://blog.sngsolver.com/2012/04/ad...-verified.html

On top of that, there's the cool interactive graphs that help you visualize uncertainty about opponent ranges (because how often can you really put an opponent on an *exact* range?).

Also, I think the UI is pretty intuitive and easy to use. This is a big priority for me.

Plus, PSM and the EV-RMSD graphs are just the tip of the innovation iceberg that I have lined up for SnG Solver...

So, definitely download the trial.
sng_jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:38 AM   #227
poporella
veteran
 
poporella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: i proof medical s. = pseudo science
Posts: 3,186
Re: SnG Solver

-hello when do we get 180men payout structure

-and a hand history list (import from HH file window) detached from the main unit where if we switch from hand to hand the main unit will use the data, and also edit in the main unit while the "import from HH file window" is open.

that would be the most important update to make it easy and fast to use.
poporella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:35 AM   #228
NiSash1337
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
NiSash1337's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 9,186
Re: SnG Solver

Hoe does PSM, calculate the future Hands? What Ranges are going to be used? Nash? I don`t like the Nash-Ranges(at least for specific situations, like big avg. Stacksize) because they are too tight, most of the time no one will just call "2,4%"(example). Would be kinda nice if there would be a couple of Opponentmodels with different Ranges.
NiSash1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:27 AM   #229
sng_jason
grinder
 
sng_jason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 436
Re: SnG Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by poporella View Post
-hello when do we get 180men payout structure
TBH, I thought I had already put them in .... I'm wrapping up a couple things to include in another minor update and I'll get this in as well. I expect to have it out later today.


Quote:
-and a hand history list (import from HH file window) detached from the main unit where if we switch from hand to hand the main unit will use the data, and also edit in the main unit while the "import from HH file window" is open.

that would be the most important update to make it easy and fast to use.
Something very much like this is part of a collection of UI improvements that I am working on. I dont have an ETA for this, but it is a fairly high priority.

Thanks for the feedback!
sng_jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:36 AM   #230
sng_jason
grinder
 
sng_jason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 436
Re: SnG Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiSash1337 View Post
Hoe does PSM, calculate the future Hands? What Ranges are going to be used? Nash? I don`t like the Nash-Ranges(at least for specific situations, like big avg. Stacksize) because they are too tight, most of the time no one will just call "2,4%"(example). Would be kinda nice if there would be a couple of Opponentmodels with different Ranges.
Yes, the PSM assumes that other players are playing approximate Nash equilibrium strategies. I do realize that this is not going to be a perfectly realistic, but I do think its a pretty good starting point.

That said, opponent models is actually an area that I've been doing a considerable amount of research on lately, and you can expect to see some of the fruits of this labor in a future version.
sng_jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:45 PM   #231
NiSash1337
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
NiSash1337's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 9,186
Re: SnG Solver

Quote:
That said, opponent models is actually an area that I've been doing a considerable amount of research on lately, and you can expect to see some of the fruits of this labor in a future version.
Awesome
NiSash1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:17 PM   #232
sng_jason
grinder
 
sng_jason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 436
Re: SnG Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by poporella View Post
-hello when do we get 180men payout structure
...
This is in now, btw... just uploaded 1.0.10.1310: www.sngsolver.com/downloads.html

Also, when importing PokerStars HHs, the payouts should be getting parsed correctly for MTTSNGs up to 180players
sng_jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 11:30 PM   #233
VISH MASTER
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 260
Re: SnG Solver

Hi,
Does this work correctly for 10-man Double or nothing Sngs on merge?
VISH MASTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 07:13 AM   #234
poporella
veteran
 
poporella's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: i proof medical s. = pseudo science
Posts: 3,186
Re: SnG Solver

Not importing anything since the new update...cant paste any HH...it crashes when i use the imprt featur.
poporella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:38 AM   #235
sng_jason
grinder
 
sng_jason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 436
Re: SnG Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by VISH MASTER View Post
Hi,
Does this work correctly for 10-man Double or nothing Sngs on merge?
It doesnt support 10-handed play... but it does work with the Double or Nothing format. So, as long as a least one player has been knocked out of a 10man, you're fine.
sng_jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:37 PM   #236
sng_jason
grinder
 
sng_jason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 436
Re: SnG Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by poporella View Post
Not importing anything since the new update...cant paste any HH...it crashes when i use the imprt featur.
Hmm... I'll look into it and try to see what might have happened.
sng_jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:51 PM   #237
sng_jason
grinder
 
sng_jason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 436
Re: SnG Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by poporella View Post
Not importing anything since the new update...cant paste any HH...it crashes when i use the imprt featur.
Okay, I just uploaded 1.0.10.1311 that should fix this problem. Sorry about that.
sng_jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:52 AM   #238
ginandbread
journeyman
 
ginandbread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 293
Re: SnG Solver

Got one idea that wanted to share with you, if you recognize it as good and achievable it would be cool to add it in solver...
Idea is to add average gain per random hand, in other words, if you are a pusher and have an equilibrium range of xy%, then you sum all those push values of hands (that are +EV to push) and then divide them with number of all hands.
Why this interests me? We could get a better feeling how much is profitable to be a big stack on bubble comparing to middle stack and so on cause now we would have an exact number and not just a feeling.
ginandbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:14 PM   #239
sng_jason
grinder
 
sng_jason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 436
Re: SnG Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginandbread View Post
Got one idea that wanted to share with you, if you recognize it as good and achievable it would be cool to add it in solver...
Idea is to add average gain per random hand, in other words, if you are a pusher and have an equilibrium range of xy%, then you sum all those push values of hands (that are +EV to push) and then divide them with number of all hands.
Why this interests me? We could get a better feeling how much is profitable to be a big stack on bubble comparing to middle stack and so on cause now we would have an exact number and not just a feeling.
If I understand you correctly, it sounds like you're asking for a sort of "area-under-the-curve" metric.

It wouldnt be very hard to implement something like this... I'll have to think a little more about how something like this should be interpreted. I have some ideas for some new graphs I'd like to put in and there might be a place for something like this in one of them.

Thanks for the suggestion!
sng_jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 05:01 AM   #240
ginandbread
journeyman
 
ginandbread's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 293
Re: SnG Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by sng_jason View Post
If I understand you correctly, it sounds like you're asking for a sort of "area-under-the-curve" metric.
Exactly.
ginandbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 04:19 PM   #241
TiLTTi
centurion
 
TiLTTi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 157
Re: SnG Solver

just came into this. Lets assume utg shoves 20bb in 6m hyper. Everyone can call 99+,AQo+,AQs+ but in CO only same but without AQo ? seems like bug ? or mb i dont get everything stacks are bout evenly distributed.
TiLTTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 06:00 PM   #242
TiLTTi
centurion
 
TiLTTi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 157
Re: SnG Solver

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiLTTi View Post
blablabla
nvm. it was my own mistake can delete post if u want
TiLTTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:19 PM   #243
BAEVentures
veteran
 
BAEVentures's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Grind on da mind
Posts: 2,963
Re: SnG Solver

PM me if you could about Merge HHs. Can't copy paste the retarded merge format, but also giving me an error when using the HEM1 format for them.

Can provide as many HH files as you'd like.
BAEVentures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 11:56 AM   #244
hegedus1000
newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 27
Re: SnG Solver

hello .
what is the difference between sng solver and holdem resources beta - FGS - future game simulation? is it the same in common (taking future hands into account)?

does your future analysis also take into account that after lets say after next 2 hands... 2 players may be out, decreasing the number of players?

thank you

Last edited by hegedus1000; 09-13-2012 at 12:03 PM.
hegedus1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:49 PM   #245
starting gun
veteran
 
starting gun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,213
Re: SnG Solver

    Poker Stars, $96.49 Buy-in (50/100 blinds, 10 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 3 Players
    Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

    BTN: 468 (4.7 bb)
    SB: 2,002 (20 bb)
    Hero (BB): 530 (5.3 bb)

    Preflop: Hero is BB with K T
    BTN folds, SB raises to 1,992 and is all-in, Hero calls 420 and is all-in

    Flop: (1,070) Q 4 4 (2 players, 2 are all-in)
    Turn: (1,070) 3 (2 players, 2 are all-in)
    River: (1,070) Q (2 players, 2 are all-in)



    For this hand^^ KTo is a call using 1 orbit setting, not a call using 2 orbit setting, & a call again using 3 orbit setting... any explanation for this?

    all based on EQ of SB shoving 100%:

    0 orbit call 22.6%
    1 orbit complete call 17.5%
    2 orbit complete (&quick) call 11.6%
    3 orbit complete (&quick) call 29.1%
    starting gun is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 09-16-2012, 12:49 PM   #246
    hegedus1000
    newbie
     
    Join Date: Jul 2012
    Posts: 27
    Re: SnG Solver

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by starting gun View Post
      Poker Stars, $96.49 Buy-in (50/100 blinds, 10 ante) No Limit Hold'em Tournament, 3 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

      BTN: 468 (4.7 bb)
      SB: 2,002 (20 bb)
      Hero (BB): 530 (5.3 bb)

      Preflop: Hero is BB with K T
      BTN folds, SB raises to 1,992 and is all-in, Hero calls 420 and is all-in

      Flop: (1,070) Q 4 4 (2 players, 2 are all-in)
      Turn: (1,070) 3 (2 players, 2 are all-in)
      River: (1,070) Q (2 players, 2 are all-in)



      For this hand^^ KTo is a call using 1 orbit setting, not a call using 2 orbit setting, & a call again using 3 orbit setting... any explanation for this?

      all based on EQ of SB shoving 100%:

      0 orbit call 22.6%
      1 orbit complete call 17.5%
      2 orbit complete (&quick) call 11.6%
      3 orbit complete (&quick) call 29.1%
      yea, so which orbit use in which situation?
      hegedus1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
      Old 09-16-2012, 11:26 PM   #247
      Attempto!!
      newbie
       
      Join Date: May 2012
      Posts: 15
      Re: SnG Solver

      There is an error in the parsing of the HH on Pokerstars when the Playername contains an opening bracket.

      like:
      Seat 1: Foo(bar (2000 in chips)
      Attempto!! is offline   Reply With Quote
      Old 09-17-2012, 03:40 PM   #248
      rhalala
      banned
       
      rhalala's Avatar
       
      Join Date: Dec 2006
      Location: Phuket/Barcelona
      Posts: 377
      Re: SnG Solver

      how to interpret the EV-RMSD band , what is up the EV push line and what is down?

      And i am doubting betwin buy your software and icmizer , any help?
      I see you have include diferents range for power push and power call , that s a very good point ,
      The hability of put custom range is the only feature you dont offer (and icmizer does) but I see you have diferents ranges for power push and power call , that s a very very good point .
      rhalala is offline   Reply With Quote
      Old 09-19-2012, 07:37 AM   #249
      rhalala
      banned
       
      rhalala's Avatar
       
      Join Date: Dec 2006
      Location: Phuket/Barcelona
      Posts: 377
      Re: SnG Solver

      Are you going to add "limp" ? got a bunch of marked hand vs people limping!
      rhalala is offline   Reply With Quote
      Old 09-19-2012, 12:11 PM   #250
      sng_jason
      grinder
       
      sng_jason's Avatar
       
      Join Date: Jul 2011
      Posts: 436
      Re: SnG Solver

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by hegedus1000 View Post
      hello .
      what is the difference between sng solver and holdem resources beta - FGS - future game simulation? is it the same in common (taking future hands into account)?

      does your future analysis also take into account that after lets say after next 2 hands... 2 players may be out, decreasing the number of players?

      thank you
      While I understand that the system in that program may be an attempt to replicate the Predictive Simulation Model (PSM) found in SnG Solver, I have made no effort to compare or validate it.

      But, yes, PSM does consider every possible outcome of future rounds of play for as far into the future as you direct it to... and that includes the possibility that some players will be eliminated.
      sng_jason is offline   Reply With Quote

      Reply
            

      Thread Tools
      Display Modes

      Posting Rules
      You may not post new threads
      You may not post replies
      You may not post attachments
      You may not edit your posts

      BB code is On
      Smilies are On
      [IMG] code is On
      HTML code is Off


      Forum Jump


      All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:37 PM.


      Powered by vBulletin®
      Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
      Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
       
       
      Poker Players - Streaming Live Online