Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Commercial Software Discussion of commercial gambling-related / poker software & commercial graphics modifications

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2020, 11:27 AM   #6301
arulary
stranger
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 2
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Hi I'm new to piosolver. I'd like to ask one quick question.
Pio sometimes shows certain frequency of-ev action.

Is this just a error of dEV? If pio calculate 0 dEV, should it be 0 or above?

Thanks!
arulary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 07:00 PM   #6302
Iaregravy
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 72
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

I see that AMD is recommended for running pio, but I'm wondering if the 8700k or 9700k intel chips will be able to run preflop sims using pio edge
Iaregravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 08:33 AM   #6303
dapperdan08
centurion
 
dapperdan08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Internet
Posts: 185
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

I am having a problem running aggregation reports across multiple flops.

For some reason Piosolver can't find the weightings of the flops in the script file which is in the same folder containing the .cfr files for all of the flops.

Any ideas? TIA.
dapperdan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 01:12 AM   #6304
abhi147
Pooh-Bah
 
abhi147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,457
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

When running scripts and saving them as (boards)
Piosolver saves the script in a specific format
Number - high to low and suits Z->A.
for ex when i enter the flop as 4c 4d 4h
Piosolver save name is 4h 4c 4d.cfr

Can i change this so that piosolver save names are exactly as in the subset file without any naming difference?
Or can i change this so that instead of suits Z->A it goes from A->Z

Another question
If in my subset file the flop is 4c 4d 4h, but piosolver has saved file as 4h 4c 4d.cfr, in aggregated reports when i chose to use a smaller subset which includes 4c 4d 4h, will the data from the solved 4h 4c 4d.cfr file be included?
abhi147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 03:38 AM   #6305
punter11235
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: solving poker
Posts: 7,945
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Quote:
Hi. I don't know if this question has already been asked here. Are there any plans to make a version for Mac os? And if not why not?
MacOS version won't happen.
The reason is that it's a lot of expensive work to port software to another OS and the market for Mac version is rather small. We just don't have enough resources to do it.

Quote:
I then copied the ranges with which the IP player would call and the OOP player would check and I tried to solve on one of the 30 flops (ACTD2S) with the same postflop betting options.

The results I got were wildly different. Why?
It's hard to say without seeing a full tree config (feel free to send it to us, I mean the preflop one).
In general though it's likely that your postflop solve went to much better accuracy. The preflop solver uses limited precision (16bits instead of 32bits) to save memory and as the trees are big you don't get as many iterations on them. if the spot is such that betting and checking is very close in EV it may take a long time for it to converge in the preflop tree while in the postflop one it will be able to.

This doesn't for the preflop ranges though as EVs for bet/check are likely just very close so overall EV won't be influenced.

Quote:
On a further but related note, what ranges should I use when trying to determine my optimal plays on a flop for a blind level? Is it right to use the ranges that you get from solving the situation starting at the preflop (I read a couple pages back that once you solve a preflop tree for 60-70 flops you get a very close to optimal preflop strategy)
Yes, using those ranges is the way to go, especially when you solve on a sizeable subset. Of course there will still be irregularities when having 60-70 flops so you may want to smoothen the range by hand (keeping the same %) to remove random noise but in general yes - use those ranges.

Quote:
when i browse the solutions every time i go to turn i have a short pause of 1-2 secs (when pio solves the turn)
the question is how i know the accuracy of provided turn solution?
It's called "recalc accuracy" and it's defined in Tools->Configuration->Behavior

You can change it and see how it influencs the speed of re-solving. Rivers are in general very fast (usually below 100-200ms) but turns my take a while.


Quote:
How is this possible? Shouldnt mix strategy have the highest EV?
There are two most common reason for our users gettig it wrong:

1)Comparing EVs anywhere else but the root of the tree. This is useless because that means comparing EVs of different ranges.

2)Using rake to run simulations (this is useless because raked games are not zero-sum so multiple solutions with varying EVs may exist, comparing those doesn't result in anything useful)

Quote:
Also in future is it possible we can have a feature like card removal and how it impacts the solution. ( like excluding our 2 hole cards )
Solving when excluding cards is not very useful (we think) but it will be added to browsing the tree so you can see how frequencies change depending on what you hold.

Quote:
is it possible to convert small saves (flops+turns) into micro saves (flops only)?
Yes but you would need to write the script yourself.
Like this:
Code:
load_tree mysave1.cfr
dump_tree minisaves\mysave1-mini.cfr no_turns
load_tree mysave2.cfr
dump_tree minisaves\mysave2-mini.cfr no_turns
... (repeat for all trees)
punter11235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 03:43 AM   #6306
punter11235
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: solving poker
Posts: 7,945
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Quote:
Hi I'm new to piosolver. I'd like to ask one quick question.
Pio sometimes shows certain frequency of-ev action.

Is this just a error of dEV? If pio calculate 0 dEV, should it be 0 or above?

Thanks!
The EVs are calculated against current solutoin. As those are not perfect equilibrium yet the small differences from what is expected can occur.
If the EVs of mixed actions where exactly the same for every hand at every decision then it would be a perfect equilibrium already (0 exploitability)

Quote:
I see that AMD is recommended for running pio, but I'm wondering if the 8700k or 9700k intel chips will be able to run preflop sims using pio edge
Yes, as long as you have (at least) 64GB of RAM.
We recommend AMD CPUs because they are just much better value for money. Intel CPUs work just as well of course.

Quote:
I am having a problem running aggregation reports across multiple flops.

For some reason Piosolver can't find the weightings of the flops in the script file which is in the same folder containing the .cfr files for all of the flops.

Any ideas? TIA.
Is it possible you have more .cfr files there than those created with the script? If that happens then Pio will not be able to find weights for that save.

When running scripts and saving them as (boards)
Piosolver saves the script in a specific format
Number - high to low and suits Z->A.
for ex when i enter the flop as 4c 4d 4h
Piosolver save name is 4h 4c 4d.cfr

Quote:
Can i change this so that piosolver save names are exactly as in the subset file without any naming difference?
Or can i change this so that instead of suits Z->A it goes from A->Z

Another question
If in my subset file the flop is 4c 4d 4h, but piosolver has saved file as 4h 4c 4d.cfr, in aggregated reports when i chose to use a smaller subset which includes 4c 4d 4h, will the data from the solved 4h 4c 4d.cfr file be included?
To be honest I need more time to answer this. Can you pm (or email support@piosolver.com) describing your usecase? (why do you want that). Meanwhile I will see if we can change that behavior.
punter11235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 05:25 AM   #6307
dapperdan08
centurion
 
dapperdan08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Internet
Posts: 185
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Quote:
Originally Posted by punter11235 View Post

Is it possible you have more .cfr files there than those created with the script? If that happens then Pio will not be able to find weights for that save.
No, just the 25 .cfr files from the Kuba flops. I am using Open Office, is that a problem?
dapperdan08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 05:39 AM   #6308
mirash84
stranger
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 5
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Hi,
what is the difference in PIO Basic and PRO with function "fully scriptable"? In Basic, can I use Script generation - solving multiple flops - still? Thanks.
mirash84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 01:00 PM   #6309
50CandyJoe
newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Tallinn, Eesti
Posts: 16
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

What's the magic trick behind getting suits displayed as pics in excel? Is there any automation process to get suites and type of boards separated to different columns, like on this picture?

50CandyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 04:58 AM   #6310
The Apex
veteran
 
The Apex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Old but spry
Posts: 2,998
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Received this error when trying to: Load other tree in same folder.
I see the typo where I put the "s" after the board instead of at the end of the word "pairs". My question is where did I make this typo and is there a way to correct these thousands of trees without resolving them all again so I can use Cntrl+Shift+O?


The Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 12:24 PM   #6311
Ragnarok_1er
journeyman
 
Ragnarok_1er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Strasbourg, France
Posts: 286
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Hi, I bought an Edge license in 2017 and kinda forgot about poker until now. I downloaded the new updater, and it still sees me as registered :



But when I try to update my version, I get this error message :



What can I do to fix it ?
Ragnarok_1er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 04:51 AM   #6312
punter11235
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: solving poker
Posts: 7,945
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Quote:
No, just the 25 .cfr files from the Kuba flops. I am using Open Office, is that a problem?
It shouldn't matter what you use to open script files as long as your program doesn't modify them. Feel free to send us:
1)the script itself
2)screenshot from the folder

to support@piosolver.com and we will take a look if there is something wrong there.
Quote:
what is the difference in PIO Basic and PRO with function "fully scriptable"? In Basic, can I use Script generation - solving multiple flops - still? Thanks.
That's a feature of a pro version.
Quote:
What's the magic trick behind getting suits displayed as pics in excel? Is there any automation process to get suites and type of boards separated to different columns, like on this picture?
It looks like someone created a template for that. Unfortunately I am completely clueless when it comes to Excel so I can't help you there.

Quote:
Received this error when trying to: Load other tree in same folder.
I see the typo where I put the "s" after the board instead of at the end of the word "pairs". My question is where did I make this typo and is there a way to correct these thousands of trees without resolving them all again so I can use Cntrl+Shift+O?
I will ask Kuba about it. Can you please drop us an email (linking to this post is enough). I will answer if there is a workaround. I am not sure if there is right now.

Quote:
What can I do to fix it ?
The quickest workaround is to choose a different folder than program files (x86). Try C:\PioSOLVER for example and it should work.

Pio is a very simple app without a full installer (it's just bunch of files) and programs installed in program files (x86) have to conform to a set of rules to make it "oficially" installed. We prefer "loose bunch of files" approach.
punter11235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 06:20 AM   #6313
Piolover
centurion
 
Piolover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 143
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Hello,

I would like to run 74 flops BB vs BU using there paremeters:



Is it good or I should make any changes before running the sims?
Piolover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 02:12 AM   #6314
punter11235
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: solving poker
Posts: 7,945
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Quote:
Is it good or I should make any changes before running the sims?
I don't run enough sims to know if OOP really just wants 33% and 130% river sizings. My intuition is that it would be much more useful to have something like 70% and 150% but it might be way off.
Those things take a lot of experience and testing. It's more reliable to ask other players/Pio users than us.

Other than that it looks very good.

Regards,
Piotrek
punter11235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 07:20 AM   #6315
mike2k
stranger
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 3
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Quote:
Originally Posted by punter11235 View Post
It's hard to say without seeing a full tree config (feel free to send it to us, I mean the preflop one).
In general though it's likely that your postflop solve went to much better accuracy. The preflop solver uses limited precision (16bits instead of 32bits) to save memory and as the trees are big you don't get as many iterations on them. if the spot is such that betting and checking is very close in EV it may take a long time for it to converge in the preflop tree while in the postflop one it will be able to.

This doesn't for the preflop ranges though as EVs for bet/check are likely just very close so overall EV won't be influenced.
[/CODE]
I did the sim again on 60 flops and sent you the .cfr at support@piosolver.com
mike2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 04:32 PM   #6316
voynichteru
stranger
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 12
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Hi
Im trying to open CFR files with PioViewer FREE, in order to check preflop solutions.
But faced an error, and cant open those files.
This simply means I need any version of PioSolver?

https://gyazo.com/fed0c1b147b8b8a514484f119673879c
voynichteru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 12:04 AM   #6317
rollingroland
stranger
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 6
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Hi, Im sorta new to PIO and I was wondering if there was a way to solve just for the Flop? Do I need to input all the actions for flop, turn and river still? Because i tried running a Sim with just flop actions but it gave me very different flops results compared to when I put the actions in for all 3 streets.

I don't have a ton of ram so I can't run really complex trees and it takes me a bunch of time for the slightly less complicated ones. Is there anyway to just solve the flop and ignore the other streets? thanks
rollingroland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 08:57 AM   #6318
ligastar
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ligastar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: WWMMD
Posts: 20,370
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

I'm contemplating buying a Dell laptop with this processor:



Would this setup be ok for running Piosolver sims?
ligastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 10:35 AM   #6319
ligastar
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ligastar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: WWMMD
Posts: 20,370
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ligastar View Post
I'm contemplating buying a Dell laptop with this processor:



Would this setup be ok for running Piosolver sims?
I forgot the memory info:

ligastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 11:24 AM   #6320
ligastar
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ligastar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: WWMMD
Posts: 20,370
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ligastar View Post
I forgot the memory info:

Ok I just read the OP and it seems this laptop build would be fine.
ligastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 08:37 PM   #6321
mike2k
stranger
 
Join Date: May 2020
Posts: 3
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Is it possible to make Piosolver Edge use virtual memory as well instead of only RAM?
mike2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 08:46 PM   #6322
PokeEm
enthusiast
 
PokeEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 61
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

To PioSOLVER experts,

I play online tournaments and want to improve my game. I'm totally new to software tools and I saw at another thread that you could use PioSOLVER as an ICMizer? Also, I've seen ICMizer is comparable to HRC except that HRC is a bit more advanced. Now, I wonder if I could use PioSOLVER as an ICMizer, HRC and Flopzilla all into one? If I get PioSOLVER, would I miss any important features from ICMizer, HRC and Flopzilla?

Thanks!
PokeEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 01:36 AM   #6323
Sharkament
grinder
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 476
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Is support on vacation? I want my license reset, i sent 2 emails (with all info ) but no reply.
Sharkament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 08:24 PM   #6324
EggsMcBluffin
MTTPIOExpert
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: On a Roll
Posts: 950
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

What us "EV rescaled"?

I want to see the actual EVs in the Range Explorer Graphs. Is that possible?
EggsMcBluffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 07:34 PM   #6325
CrimesNCapers
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 80
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

.../

Last edited by CrimesNCapers; 06-01-2020 at 07:54 PM.
CrimesNCapers is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online