Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Commercial Software Discussion of commercial gambling-related / poker software & commercial graphics modifications

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2019, 04:01 AM   #5176
punter11235
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: solving poker
Posts: 7,596
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Quote:
So regarding 1755 iso morph flop subset, or 184 flop subset,
There are many more besides that, we ship them in preflop_subsets folder. There is nothing special about 184 flop one.

Quote:
what would you recommend is best way to go about looking at this? manually have to do the above and make my own notes. not exactly sure how scripts work as I am rather new to this software, so any advice here appreciated.
One thing you can do is to use the preflop ranges and solve n flops in a script (generate script button) then run multifile aggregation report on the results to have all the results in one .csv file. See here FAQs here:
https://www.piosolver.com/pages/faq-videos

It's the 6th question in the first video and 5th in the second one.
punter11235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 10:26 PM   #5177
IsaacAsimov
old hand
 
IsaacAsimov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,615
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Hi. I was wondering what the difference is in PLOCalc between 'PLOCalc.exe' and 'PLOCalc-olderCPU.exe'. I couldn't find a setting to select between the two. I simply removed 'PLOCalc-olderCPU.exe' from the folder, and that prompted PioViewerOmaha to use the other version. I'm assuming I should be using the non-olderCPU version seeing as I'm using a Ryzen 5 CPU.
IsaacAsimov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 06:18 AM   #5178
punter11235
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: solving poker
Posts: 7,596
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Quote:
Hi. I was wondering what the difference is in PLOCalc between 'PLOCalc.exe' and 'PLOCalc-olderCPU.exe'. I couldn't find a setting to select between the two. I simply removed 'PLOCalc-olderCPU.exe' from the folder, and that prompted PioViewerOmaha to use the other version. I'm assuming I should be using the non-olderCPU version seeing as I'm using a Ryzen 5 CPU.
If PLOCalc.exe works on your computer it means you don't need olderCPU one. It wouldn't start at all on a system that needs the olderCPU version.
punter11235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 01:14 PM   #5179
Aliquantum
old hand
 
Aliquantum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: In the cage
Posts: 1,688
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Hi - I know the hardware conversation has been had to death, but just wanted some advice before pulling the trigger on a new rig.

I know you guys don't recommend laptops but if this was a non-negotiable, would something like a i7-9750H (6 core, 12 thread, 2.6ghz base, 4.5ghz turbo) with 32gb RAM be sufficient to solve largish trees (100bb, wide blind vs blind or BTN vs BB) with 2 bet sizes and raise options across streets? Also do you have any experience with how much stress / CPU heat is involved letting a script with a bunch of flops run in a laptop form factor?

Many thanks.
Aliquantum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 02:55 PM   #5180
newbieguy
stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 14
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

ty punter11235 for your answer !
Regarding preflop action, the intuitive thought used to be that the deeper the stacks, the bigger the preflop sizings, especially regarding 3bets, 4bets, and so on.
But I recently heard Sauce123 saying in a stream that he had run sims with Pio and the 3bet sizings were the biggest with 100bb stacks. I have not understood if he meant the 3bet sizings remained the same when the stacks get bigger or if they even decrease... Please, can you give your thoughts on this?

Thank you
newbieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 09:58 PM   #5181
Nioascoob
stranger
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 5
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

I saw some posts about people getting between 3 and 3.2 in benchmark for i9 9900k build.

I'm getting 5.2?

I am on high performance power settings and no anti virus or anything like that. Any ideas on why I'd be so much higher?

Do you know any benchmarks for the 9900k off the top of your head? Does 5.2 sound too high?
Nioascoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 06:16 AM   #5182
punter11235
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: solving poker
Posts: 7,596
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Quote:
would something like a i7-9750H (6 core, 12 thread, 2.6ghz base, 4.5ghz turbo) with 32gb RAM be sufficient to solve largish trees (100bb, wide blind vs blind or BTN vs BB) with 2 bet sizes and raise options across streets?
Yes, 32GB of RAM is plenty for postflop trees even with many bet sizes. If you already have a Pio license you can use "estimate tree" function to see how big trees are without actually building them.

Quote:
Also do you have any experience with how much stress / CPU heat is involved letting a script with a bunch of flops run in a laptop form factor?
That depends a lot on manufacturer. In general slicker/thinner laptops are much worse at cooling and gaming/bigger laptops are better at it. I think it's a very good idea to buy a cooling pad along with the laptop. It's likely not necessary when you are in front of the computer solving things but if you run long scripts it might be very helpful.
CPU won't overheat (at least things are really messed up) but it may start throttling bringing the performance down.

Quote:
Regarding preflop action, the intuitive thought used to be that the deeper the stacks, the bigger the preflop sizings, especially regarding 3bets, 4bets, and so on.
But I recently heard Sauce123 saying in a stream that he had run sims with Pio and the 3bet sizings were the biggest with 100bb stacks. I have not understood if he meant the 3bet sizings remained the same when the stacks get bigger or if they even decrease... Please, can you give your thoughts on this?
I haven't run enough simulation to have any informed view about unfortunately.
I remember Pio wants bigger 3bet sizes in 100bb than people used to employ but I haven't run many deep stack trees to see if there is any difference.

Quote:
I saw some posts about people getting between 3 and 3.2 in benchmark for i9 9900k build.

I'm getting 5.2?

I am on high performance power settings and no anti virus or anything like that. Any ideas on why I'd be so much higher?

Do you know any benchmarks for the 9900k off the top of your head? Does 5.2 sound too high?
5.2 sounds too high unless it's not an edge version.
3 sounds too good but maybe it can get it on some setups. I don't remember any benchmark times for this CPU unfortunately.
punter11235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 09:25 AM   #5183
newbieguy
stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 14
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Can Piosolver allow to calculate :
- optimal preflop Open raising range for every position of 6max NLHE
- optimal preflop 3betting range for every position vs each OPR range of 6max NLHE
?

If Pio can do that, and given that my computer can't run Piosolver Preflop solver, do you know where I can by these ranges? Maybe in the Piosolver discord?

thank you
newbieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 05:03 PM   #5184
bendiebold
stranger
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 2
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Hey I recently purchased pio and have come across a few issues. I’m a huge fish when it comes to how computers/software etc works.

I recently bought a gaming laptop for the sole purpose of running pio. It was suggested by someone who also uses pio. Here are th issues

1. When I click estimate tree size it says I have 14-20k physical memory available out of 32k total. When I first got it I had the full 32mb available. How am I able to free this up? I don’t have any other applications open.

2. When I ran a sim today that estimated 10kmb and had 18k available it had issues as well. Over the course of an hour and half running it went from being exploitable for 18%-8%-%13-6%-11%-3% and never got past that before I stopped it. This never happened when I ran sims earlier this week that worked fine. Is this something I should worry about?

For what it’s worth I’m running a sim on bu vs bb sep 50bb effective using upswings tournament ranges.

Thank you for any help I can get.
bendiebold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 05:14 PM   #5185
bendiebold
stranger
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 2
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Just tried to run the same sim at 30bb stack sizes and didn’t have any issues at all.

Last edited by bendiebold; 05-18-2019 at 05:34 PM.
bendiebold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 04:05 AM   #5186
Kanji
stranger
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 4
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Hi !

I'm new user. I'm trying to use free licence but I don't know how to connect to the server... Can you tell me how can I do that? : )

Kanji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 04:07 AM   #5187
floattheboat
centurion
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 134
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Quote:
Originally Posted by punter11235 View Post
5.2 sounds too high unless it's not an edge version.
3 sounds too good but maybe it can get it on some setups. I don't remember any benchmark times for this CPU unfortunately.
How much is the difference edge vs pro?
floattheboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 04:16 AM   #5188
punter11235
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: solving poker
Posts: 7,596
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Quote:
Can Piosolver allow to calculate :
- optimal preflop Open raising range for every position of 6max NLHE
No. It's a solver for spots which are already HU.

Quote:
optimal preflop 3betting range for every position vs each OPR range of 6max NLHE
For the same reason as above it can't.
Quote:
1. When I click estimate tree size it says I have 14-20k physical memory available out of 32k total. When I first got it I had the full 32mb available. How am I able to free this up? I don’t have any other applications open.
You can see in task manager what takes the memory (open it and sort processes by memory). A good first step is performing a full system restart (not sleep/unsleep cycle).

Quote:
2. When I ran a sim today that estimated 10kmb and had 18k available it had issues as well. Over the course of an hour and half running it went from being exploitable for 18%-8%-%13-6%-11%-3% and never got past that before I stopped it. This never happened when I ran sims earlier this week that worked fine. Is this something I should worry about?
It can happen on some trees. If you still have a config please send it to us and I will run some tests. You are solving a very big trees (10GB+ in Pio is humongous as we use very little memory in comparison to popular algorithms).

Quote:
I'm new user. I'm trying to use free licence but I don't know how to connect to the server... Can you tell me how can I do that? : )
The free version download is a .zip file. You need to unpack everything to one folder (for example C:\PioSOLVER-free) and run it from there. Make sure all the files are there and it will connect automatically.
If it doesn't, double click on PioSOLVER-free and see what happens. One possible reason for it not working is using legacy 32bit Windows version.

Quote:
How much is the difference edge vs pro?
Depends on the system, edge has a bit faster compiles due to optimizations for modern CPUs. Probably around 15%-20% on your CPU.
punter11235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 07:04 PM   #5189
businessdude
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
businessdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,109
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

I've just browsed a few videos on Pio - looks very interesting.

Let me see if my conclusions are right:

Bet sizing is an input, not an output. I.e you tell Pio bet amounts relative to pot on all streets and Pio returns the optimal distribution of checking, betting, raising, etc.

Analysis can just be done for 2 players seeing a flop.

The results assume opponent is playing optimally with the hand range you give him.

Last edited by businessdude; 05-19-2019 at 07:13 PM.
businessdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:51 AM   #5190
punter11235
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: solving poker
Posts: 7,596
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Quote:
Bet sizing is an input, not an output. I.e you tell Pio bet amounts relative to pot on all streets and Pio returns the optimal distribution of checking, betting, raising, etc.
Yes.

Quote:
Analysis can just be done for 2 players seeing a flop.
Yes, although we also have a preflop solver in the edge version. That requires a very serious hardware and a lot of time to run though.

Quote:
The results assume opponent is playing optimally with the hand range you give him.
No. The resulting strategies are optimal (+/- accuracy). No matter what the opponent does they won't increase their EV over the solution and they might lose significantly if they deviate.
punter11235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:12 PM   #5191
businessdude
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
businessdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 7,109
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

How much has the software evolved? Is watching hand analysis from 2015 for example still worth it, or would the later versions give different results?
businessdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:16 AM   #5192
punter11235
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: solving poker
Posts: 7,596
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Quote:
How much has the software evolved? Is watching hand analysis from 2015 for example still worth it, or would the later versions give different results?
The results are still the same. The solver is faster and more precise, it uses way less RAM.
There are many more features to help with analysis and more features to build more complicated trees (the first version was really simplistic in this regard). The core results though are still the same.
punter11235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:36 AM   #5193
buffyslayer1
Pooh-Bah
 
buffyslayer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 5,468
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Hello

I am trying to install PIO on a second PC. I have a edge subscription however I cannot find the key as I upgraded from Pro version.
I managed to install the Pro version using the key I got for that, however I cannot connect to solver as it says access denied when I try.

Could you tell me how I could find my edge key?
I have checked all my e mails and I have the confirmation of upgrade but not any other details. Or how I can get the pro version to work as I don't need preflop solving on the second pc.

Thanks in advance
buffyslayer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:50 AM   #5194
punter11235
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: solving poker
Posts: 7,596
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Quote:
Could you tell me how I could find my edge key?
I have checked all my e mails and I have the confirmation of upgrade but not any other details. Or how I can get the pro version to work as I don't need preflop solving on the second pc.
Send us an email including:
1)the email address where you got the confirmation of the upgrade
2)your name used for the purchase

We don't collect any personal data but we have access to the store history which we can browse by name. If I am not able to find your edge license using the email address I can look for the transaction using your name.
punter11235 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online