Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Commercial Software Discussion of commercial gambling-related / poker software & commercial graphics modifications

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2019, 07:37 AM   #4901
JedMosely
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 84
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Quote:
Originally Posted by punter11235 View Post
if your goal is to run a tree without some options it's always possible to make in a treebuilding tab and node-locking is not needed.
In your case if you want to force OOP to check just leave bet sizing for OOP field blank and they will be forced to check.
You can build any tree you want but some of them (for example forcing a player to bet and another player to raise) require playing with add/remove line feature. Your case is simple enough though that standard options are enough.
Of course, makes sense. Thank you!
JedMosely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 08:05 PM   #4902
HomeyG30
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 248
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Quote:
Originally Posted by punter11235 View Post
I've answered your email. This is a quirk of our licensing system which usually goes away after following the steps I desribed in the email (updating Windows, making sure there are not blocked/defective network adapters or sometimes running it as admin).
OK thanks. Tried those steps and responded by email. It looks like it has something to do with my registration code.
HomeyG30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 03:52 PM   #4903
Neurotoxin
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,417
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Hi, forgive me if this has been asked ad nauseum, my search didn't go too well...

How useful is an "exploitable for 5% of pot per hand" vs .5%? If I'm simply trying to determine if PIO likes a CB in a particular spot with my particular hand is 5% good enough?

Thanks
Neurotoxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 05:46 PM   #4904
Scott7x
adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 837
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

do you need to solve a game tree before you 'generate script'?
Or will it work if you just put in the parameters without solving?
Scott7x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 06:42 PM   #4905
punter11235
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: solving poker
Posts: 7,596
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Quote:
How useful is an "exploitable for 5% of pot per hand" vs .5%? If I'm simply trying to determine if PIO likes a CB in a particular spot with my particular hand is 5% good enough?
It's a judgement call but I think 5% is still too big exploitability.
Once you get below 1% the overall percentages don't change much but I wouldn't trust solutions above that.

Quote:
do you need to solve a game tree before you 'generate script'?
Or will it work if you just put in the parameters without solving?
It's better not to solve or even build a tree before running a script as that tree still takes space in memory. Just fill in the parameters, generate script and run it.
punter11235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 09:03 PM   #4906
personalpokercoach
newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 23
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Hello, Im planning to buy basic anytime this week but it says I can only have one license for one computer.

I am planning to buy a new rig a couple of months from now to replace my crap build.

Question is, will you guys allow me to transfer my license once I get a new rig?
personalpokercoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 03:23 AM   #4907
punter11235
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: solving poker
Posts: 7,596
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Quote:
Hello, Im planning to buy basic anytime this week but it says I can only have one license for one computer.

I am planning to buy a new rig a couple of months from now to replace my crap build.

Question is, will you guys allow me to transfer my license once I get a new rig?
Moving licenses (within reasonable limits) for purposes like new computers, long travelling or some experimentation is not a problem.
It's also possible to recover your license in cases like system crashes, stolen computers etc.
Basically we guarantee you can always recover your license if something happens to it or you need it on another compute.
punter11235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 08:54 AM   #4908
pershingcubic
stranger
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 1
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Hey, I'm new to piosolver and equilibrium strategy. Just bought the pro version recently and went through the intro and FAQ videos. Excited to explore more with the software!
Where can I find a good study plan for piosolver? Thanks.
pershingcubic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 02:59 PM   #4909
Neurotoxin
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,417
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

When PIO has a strategy that recommends 45% fold, 39% call, 15% raise for the same hand, does that mean that folding and calling are roughly equivalent in EV and it's fairly indifferent as to which you choose? I'm talking tournament play vs relative unknowns where balancing isn't an issue.

Thanks.
Neurotoxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 03:01 PM   #4910
Neurotoxin
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,417
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Quote:
Originally Posted by pershingcubic View Post
Hey, I'm new to piosolver and equilibrium strategy. Just bought the pro version recently and went through the intro and FAQ videos. Excited to explore more with the software!
Where can I find a good study plan for piosolver? Thanks.
I found the best route is to watch the "ace gallo" vids for a basic primer and then watch the videos on "feature overview" (whats new in 1.6, 1.8 etc) with 1.6 having the best info.

https://www.piosolver.com/pages/faq-videos
Neurotoxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 03:49 PM   #4911
punter11235
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: solving poker
Posts: 7,596
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Quote:
Where can I find a good study plan for piosolver? Thanks.
I am not sure what a study plan would be but you are invited to join our Discord (link in your email), you can ask question/chat about Pio and poker related things. Our Discord sever is quite busy.
Other than that check our FAQ videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhG_YsEvfwU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ozjfnatwms

Check out RIO poker as well, they have many videos where coaches use Pio although I can't recommend anything specific as I don't watch any poker material anymore dues to time limitations.

Quote:
When PIO has a strategy that recommends 45% fold, 39% call, 15% raise for the same hand, does that mean that folding and calling are roughly equivalent in EV and it's fairly indifferent as to which you choose? I'm talking tournament play vs relative unknowns where balancing isn't an issue.
It is rare to find a hand where all 3 options are mixed at decent accuracy. If the accuracy is in fact decent it means that in perfect equilibrium all 3 actions have the same EV. They might not have exactly the same EV in your solution yet because the EV is calculated against the current solution which is not yet a perfect equilibrium. The better the accuracy the close the EVs are going to be.
punter11235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 07:08 PM   #4912
sirin
old hand
 
sirin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Grappling with local oaf
Posts: 1,850
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Hi, I'm new to PIOsolver, quick question.

Is it possible to node lock to pure strategies?

For example, say PIO is c/ring lots of different combos of flush draws at some frequency, but I want to simplify things and see what my strategy would look like if I put each combo into a call, fold or raise category 100% of the time.
sirin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 04:40 AM   #4913
punter11235
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: solving poker
Posts: 7,596
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Quote:
For example, say PIO is c/ring lots of different combos of flush draws at some frequency, but I want to simplify things and see what my strategy would look like if I put each combo into a call, fold or raise category 100% of the time.
Of course, just use node-locking editor to choose those strategies.
It will likely be the simples to choose "fixed" for all actions and only mark combos you want to take that action.
punter11235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 04:59 AM   #4914
Nitross
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: San Jose
Posts: 347
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Can i pause a running script, then restart it later?


Also is there a reason to use the "proportional" option when node locking? I never find myself using this feature, because i have to go in to adjust raise/fold/call each.

When i want to raise an action.
Nitross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 05:06 AM   #4915
punter11235
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: solving poker
Posts: 7,596
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Quote:
Can i pause a running script, then restart it later?
You can't pause it but you can kill it (by closing the black console window) and then restart it later. As long as you don't move the saves from the folder the script is saving them in it will skip over already done ones.

Quote:
Also is there a reason to use the "proportional" option when node locking? I never find myself using this feature, because i have to go in to adjust raise/fold/call each.
Sometimes it's easier to set mixing that way. For example if you want some hands to be 50% bet 50% check then it's easy to just mark them with weight of 1 on both raise and check and choose "proportional".
punter11235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 03:04 PM   #4916
Seven'
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 28
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Hello, quick question please :

Is it possible to set Piosolver so that it always automatically rounds up to a set amount without having to manually go to Round Strategies every time please?

Thanks for your time.
Seven' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 05:08 PM   #4917
punter11235
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: solving poker
Posts: 7,596
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Quote:
Is it possible to set Piosolver so that it always automatically rounds up to a set amount without having to manually go to Round Strategies every time please?
It isn't but:
1)You can use a keyboard shortcut ctrl+D to bring up rounding window. Starting from the latest update it remembers your rounding settings so it will be quick ctrl+D + OK to make it work.

2)In scripts it's possible to insert rounding command before the tree is saved.
punter11235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 01:04 PM   #4918
EggsMcBluffin
journeyman
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: On a Roll
Posts: 251
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

This tool is awesome.

What's the best way to model a BTNvCO preflop spot with the preflop solver? Or for that matter any preflop spot where the action would not be closed, say MPvUTG, or COvMP, etc.

I'm finding this tricky, especially how to incorporate the blinds, which aren't dead money in a BTNvCO spot. Can we use rake to model the EV loss that comes along with having the blinds still to act? Or perhaps just include a fraction of the blinds+antes as dead money, since the blinds will fold sometimes meaning they're mathematically "partially dead"?

For reference, I ran a BTNvCO spot using a CO opening range of 34% and I'm getting results for the computed BTN strategy that just don't pass a sanity check. Things like T2s being a pure preflop call, etc. I imagine that's because I included 2.4bb of dead money (the blinds and antes) in the pot that's not actually dead.

Finally, is it safe to say that the # of flops we fit into our preflop tree is significantly more important than the strategies we specify in the preflop call nodes?

Last edited by EggsMcBluffin; 02-24-2019 at 01:16 PM.
EggsMcBluffin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 03:49 PM   #4919
The Apex
veteran
 
The Apex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: On the road
Posts: 2,575
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Is there a limitation to how many scripts you can run at once or is it just about memory?
The Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 04:42 PM   #4920
punter11235
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: solving poker
Posts: 7,596
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Quote:
This tool is awesome.
Thanks


Quote:
What's the best way to model a BTNvCO preflop spot with the preflop solver? Or for that matter any preflop spot where the action would not be closed, say MPvUTG, or COvMP, etc.
There is currently no 100% reliable to do that. One try is to estimate how much money is lost to remaining player using stats from your db and then removing that amount from the starting pot (blinds). While this is in no way perfect it's one reasonble way to estimate the ranges.

Quote:
I'm getting results for the computed BTN strategy that just don't pass a sanity check. Things like T2s being a pure preflop call, etc. I imagine that's because I included 2.4bb of dead money (the blinds and antes) in the pot that's not actually dead.
Yeah, especially if you want calls as well it's not going to be easy to do. If you only want 3bet/fold then the method describe above is likely to be reasonable but with calls it's just not going to happen until there is multiway solver (but that will have disadvantages as well as it will no longer be possile to solve without abstractions for anything other than 3way or maybe 4way).
Quote:
Finally, is it safe to say that the # of flops we fit into our preflop tree is significantly more important than the strategies we specify in the preflop call nodes?
Yes, as long as postflop play isn't missing important EV options (at least on sizings everywhere, it's safe to remove donk bets OOP and simplify the play a lot by using cap of 3 or maybe 4) it's way more important to add more flops than to make postflop play more detailed in the preflop tree.

Quote:
Is there a limitation to how many scripts you can run at once or is it just about memory?
Just memory but just to be sure: they will run slower on average if you run a lot of them as they are going to compete for CPU cores.
punter11235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 05:24 PM   #4921
outfit
old hand
 
outfit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,392
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

I can't delete this. I figured out what i was doing wrong!!!!

PioSOLVER Rules!!!!!
outfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 04:16 PM   #4922
Alfre
stranger
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 1
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Hi guys,
I just bought the basic version of PioSolver, but once I downloaded the program, when I start Pio viewer it tells me: "Can't start Pioviewer: exception generated by the destination of a call"
What do I have to do?
Thanks in advance,
Alfredo
Alfre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 05:14 PM   #4923
juggler97531
journeyman
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 327
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Error message is not very helfpul but this error most likely indicates that you have to upgrade .NET version.
juggler97531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 05:20 PM   #4924
Nick J
centurion
 
Nick J's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 115
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Hi guys,

I own the Pio - PRO. I just rented the contabo.com server with 2 - Intel Xeon E5 2630v4 2.20GHz 10 Core CPUs, 256 GB REG ECC RAM, 250GB SSD HD running on Windows Server 2016 Standard 64 bit. When I run a bench I get 9.5, when running a sim I notice that only 30-40% of the CPU is being utilized, I am not sure how to tell how many cores are being used. I asked contabo support, they said that it's a software issue. My home computer with Intel i7-8700K gets a bench of 5.2. Not sure what the issue is, I am not very familiar with servers and processors and not sure if these are just weak processors, or why I am only showing 32% CPU usage. Any help on how I can get to the 2-3sec bench some of the guys here are getting.
Nick J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 05:51 PM   #4925
WillyT
veteran
 
WillyT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Wood Shed
Posts: 2,262
Re: PioSOLVER - postflop equilibrium solver for Holdem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick J View Post
Hi guys,

I own the Pio - PRO. I just rented the contabo.com server with 2 - Intel Xeon E5 2630v4 2.20GHz 10 Core CPUs, 256 GB REG ECC RAM, 250GB SSD HD running on Windows Server 2016 Standard 64 bit. When I run a bench I get 9.5, when running a sim I notice that only 30-40% of the CPU is being utilized, I am not sure how to tell how many cores are being used. I asked contabo support, they said that it's a software issue. My home computer with Intel i7-8700K gets a bench of 5.2. Not sure what the issue is, I am not very familiar with servers and processors and not sure if these are just weak processors, or why I am only showing 32% CPU usage. Any help on how I can get to the 2-3sec bench some of the guys here are getting.
Maybe try:

Tools>Configuration>Behavior - adjust max number of threads
WillyT is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online