Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Commercial Software Discussion of commercial gambling-related / poker software & commercial graphics modifications

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2017, 11:33 AM   #1
nostrakhan
journeyman
 
nostrakhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 303
NoteCaddy Edge

This is the support thread for NoteCaddy Edge, which offers HUD packages.
nostrakhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 10:50 PM   #2
Mad1Lee
old hand
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,830
Re: NoteCaddy Edge

Where is the old thread?

Anyways, I have few issues with NCE 3.0. All of those issues are performance issues. I am playing 4 zoom tables on Pokerstars.com and it's pretty laggy. How do I improve hud/hm2 performance?

My specs:

- Intel i7-4770 @ 3.40GHz
- 16 gb ram
- 64 bit Windows 10 home edition (legit)
- SSD drive (everything poker related is on it) with 42 gigabytes of free space
- Avira Free Antivirus
- NCE 3.0 (6 badges edition)

I try to keep everything up-to-date. I already vacuumed database and tuned postgres (inside of HM2).
Mad1Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 11:42 PM   #3
nostrakhan
journeyman
 
nostrakhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 303
Re: NoteCaddy Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad1Lee View Post
Where is the old thread?

Anyways, I have few issues with NCE 3.0. All of those issues are performance issues. I am playing 4 zoom tables on Pokerstars.com and it's pretty laggy. How do I improve hud/hm2 performance?

My specs:

- Intel i7-4770 @ 3.40GHz
- 16 gb ram
- 64 bit Windows 10 home edition (legit)
- SSD drive (everything poker related is on it) with 42 gigabytes of free space
- Avira Free Antivirus
- NCE 3.0 (6 badges edition)

I try to keep everything up-to-date. I already vacuumed database and tuned postgres (inside of HM2).
Hi Mad1Lee,

We decided to stop paying for our advertisement thread and now have a basic support only thread here at 2+2.

The easiest thing to try to improve performance is to go into NoteCaddy and click Tools -> Vacuum Database. After it completes, close your HM2 and reboot your PC.

If you still have troubles please take these into consideration:

Manage your Database Size
If you're using tens of millions of hands in your database you are much more likely to run into issues. We don't condone datamining, but if you are doing it, you must be sure to actively maintain your database and not let it grow out of control. If your database is getting very large and your HM2/NC is getting slower, try creating a new database in HM2 and just import the newer hands that you need. It should help immensely. Also it may help you get better reads on your opponents because you are getting rid of old data that may not be accurate for the player any longer.

Delete packages and definitions that you no longer use from NoteCaddy
The more definitions you have active in your NoteCaddy, means the more data that is trying to get loaded from your database, leading to lag. Remove unneeded definitions by going into NoteCaddy and use shift+click to highlight definitions you don't need any longer. Right-click on one of the selected definitions and choose "Make Inactive".

NoteCaddy Settings

You may want to try playing with these 2 settings in NoteCaddy -> File -> Settings -> HUD:
* Update HUD immediately when data changes
* Update cache immediately when data changes

These settings seem to have a different response for many different users. I leave the first unchecked and last one checked. You may want to try leaving both unchecked, or having the first checked and last one unchecked.


If that still didn't help enough, then I would suggest to check these links out and go through each suggestion, checking to see if they have helped after trying each one:

http://forums.holdemmanager.com/gene...ml#post2267712

http://hm2faq.holdemmanager.com/ques...UD+is+lagging?
nostrakhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 12:22 AM   #4
Mad1Lee
old hand
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,830
Re: NoteCaddy Edge

- My database is 16 gigabytes, at least it is what HM2 shows. Mostly tournament hands, I've been playing cash for about 13 months only. Is it too big?

- What's the easy way to find out which definitions and packages I am not using? Because your hud has like 10 pop ups and a lot of stats, I am using adept-panels, which ones should I make inactive in NoteCaddy?

- My notecaddy settings are set the way you suggest. I might try playing with them.

- I have an idea, can "panels" thingy be really the reason for the lags? Because I cannot use them with Pokerstars anyway, should I switch to another hud? If yes, then what Hud should I use from NCE 3.0 (for PS.com)?
Mad1Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 12:11 PM   #5
nostrakhan
journeyman
 
nostrakhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 303
Re: NoteCaddy Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad1Lee View Post
- My database is 16 gigabytes, at least it is what HM2 shows. Mostly tournament hands, I've been playing cash for about 13 months only. Is it too big?

- What's the easy way to find out which definitions and packages I am not using? Because your hud has like 10 pop ups and a lot of stats, I am using adept-panels, which ones should I make inactive in NoteCaddy?

- My notecaddy settings are set the way you suggest. I might try playing with them.

- I have an idea, can "panels" thingy be really the reason for the lags? Because I cannot use them with Pokerstars anyway, should I switch to another hud? If yes, then what Hud should I use from NCE 3.0 (for PS.com)?
Hi Mad1Lee,

16gb is rather large for a database. It could be a large factor in your troubles. You could create a new database in HM2 and just import some newer hands. If you could get the size of the database to <5gb you would probably notice a lot better performance.

The definitions from NCE 3.0 should have "(I)" as their prefix in their name. If you have definitions in your NoteCaddy which don't start with that, then you can be sure that they aren't from NCE 3.0. You can make them inactive and delete them if you like. (highlight and right-click on them to bring up the option to make them inactive)

You're referring to the badges, not the panels right? You can use paneled HUDs on PokerStars, but the badges won't appear there at their live tables. It is worth a try to see if it helps you by disabling the badges. You can do this by going into NoteCaddy, highlight all color definitions and right-click on one of them, and choose "Make Inactive".

Hope that helps!
nostrakhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 11:35 AM   #6
Mad1Lee
old hand
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,830
Re: NoteCaddy Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostrakhan View Post
Hi Mad1Lee,

16gb is rather large for a database. It could be a large factor in your troubles. You could create a new database in HM2 and just import some newer hands. If you could get the size of the database to <5gb you would probably notice a lot better performance.

The definitions from NCE 3.0 should have "(I)" as their prefix in their name. If you have definitions in your NoteCaddy which don't start with that, then you can be sure that they aren't from NCE 3.0. You can make them inactive and delete them if you like. (highlight and right-click on them to bring up the option to make them inactive)

You're referring to the badges, not the panels right? You can use paneled HUDs on PokerStars, but the badges won't appear there at their live tables. It is worth a try to see if it helps you by disabling the badges. You can do this by going into NoteCaddy, highlight all color definitions and right-click on one of them, and choose "Make Inactive".

Hope that helps!
I was having a break yesterday, going to grind today and try all that! Thanks! I will update how it goes.
Mad1Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 03:19 PM   #7
Mad1Lee
old hand
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,830
Re: NoteCaddy Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostrakhan View Post

You're referring to the badges, not the panels right? You can use paneled HUDs on PokerStars, but the badges won't appear there at their live tables. It is worth a try to see if it helps you by disabling the badges. You can do this by going into NoteCaddy, highlight all color definitions and right-click on one of them, and choose "Make Inactive".
Are you sure that all "color definitions" should be made inactive in order to disable badges? Because a lot of them appear to be stats that I read in popups.
Mad1Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 03:22 PM   #8
nostrakhan
journeyman
 
nostrakhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 303
Re: NoteCaddy Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad1Lee View Post
Are you sure that all "color definitions" should be made inactive in order to disable badges? Because a lot of them appear to be stats that I read in popups.
Hi Mad1Lee,

Yes, it's correct that the color definitions can be made inactive if you don't want to use the badges. The badges are made up of a color definition and corresponding note definitions. Making inactive the color definitions won't affect any of your popup or HUD stats.
nostrakhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 10:49 PM   #9
Mad1Lee
old hand
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,830
Re: NoteCaddy Edge

Removing color definitions really sped it up. Still ocasional lags, but very playable.
Mad1Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 12:44 AM   #10
nostrakhan
journeyman
 
nostrakhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 303
Re: NoteCaddy Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad1Lee View Post
Removing color definitions really sped it up. Still ocasional lags, but very playable.
I'm glad to hear that! Thanks for letting us know.
nostrakhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 02:34 PM   #11
Mad1Lee
old hand
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,830
Re: NoteCaddy Edge

Yep, lags returned yesterday. How do I shrink my database again?
Mad1Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 02:49 PM   #12
nostrakhan
journeyman
 
nostrakhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 303
Re: NoteCaddy Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad1Lee View Post
Yep, lags returned yesterday. How do I shrink my database again?
What I would do is go into HM2 -> Home -> Database, and create a new database in here. Then import the hands that you need (by default they are located in C:\HM2Archive).

After the hands are imported into HM2, then NoteCaddy should start automatically processing them as well (unless you have stopped the note creation, in which case you just need to click Start).

I hope that helps you out.
nostrakhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 07:22 PM   #13
nostrakhan
journeyman
 
nostrakhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 303
Re: NoteCaddy Edge

NCE Power HUD Released
nostrakhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 05:36 PM   #14
Crazy Ivan
stranger
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 13
Re: NoteCaddy Edge

I recently purchased Power HUD. I have been INCREDIBLY IMPRESSED with the edge I feel it provides. I had never planned on using anything other than my traditional HUD, which took me about 4 years to perfect. I was VERY resistance to making the change. However I am very happy with my choice.

So, here is my question. Is there an level of occurrences that need to take place for the stat to populate? I have considerable amount of hands for various players, and still some of the stats are display "-"

Also, I like the features of other NCE HUDS. But, short of combining the HUDS by hand, is there anyway to combine two HUDs?

Thank you.
Crazy Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 10:50 PM   #15
nostrakhan
journeyman
 
nostrakhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 303
Re: NoteCaddy Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Ivan View Post
I recently purchased Power HUD. I have been INCREDIBLY IMPRESSED with the edge I feel it provides. I had never planned on using anything other than my traditional HUD, which took me about 4 years to perfect. I was VERY resistance to making the change. However I am very happy with my choice.

So, here is my question. Is there an level of occurrences that need to take place for the stat to populate? I have considerable amount of hands for various players, and still some of the stats are display "-"

Also, I like the features of other NCE HUDS. But, short of combining the HUDS by hand, is there anyway to combine two HUDs?

Thank you.
Hi Crazy Ivan,

I'm glad you are impressed with the Power HUD!

Since the Power HUD displays stats based upon their "NoteCaddy Average Strength" the actual hands must be known by reaching showdown for a stat to populate. For example if you've seen someone raise from EP 10 times, but none of those hands have made it to showdown yet, we couldn't know the strength of the person's opening range yet.

Regarding combining pieces of other HUDs together with the Power HUD, there is not really any shortcut way to do this. You'd need to do it manually, like for instance adding Popups from other HUDs into the Power HUD via the HM2 HUD Settings -> Stat Appearance area. If you need any help with any of it, just let us know
nostrakhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 08:19 PM   #16
Crazy Ivan
stranger
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 13
Re: NoteCaddy Edge

Do you have any advice to try and interpret the ranges that the values on the HUD suggest? For example, is there a way establish, roughly, the average strength which is used as a baseline for each stat on this HUD. I'm not fluent enough with db analysis and HM2, to figure out an efficient way to do this. Any suggestions? I'm sure it takes some due diligence, and I'm not suggesting it's a simple solution. I just wanted suggestions on filtering, etc.

Example: If river bet percentage is 10% stronger than average, I'm trying to determine if average is TPTK, or top and bottom two-pair, etc. Just some kind of a barometer to gauge strength to better understand these values. Thank you.

I've thought about sorting my db for each stat and whichever hands break even, could be considered as baseline and go from there....

Last edited by Crazy Ivan; 03-07-2019 at 08:38 PM.
Crazy Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 10:53 PM   #17
nostrakhan
journeyman
 
nostrakhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 303
Re: NoteCaddy Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Ivan View Post
Do you have any advice to try and interpret the ranges that the values on the HUD suggest? For example, is there a way establish, roughly, the average strength which is used as a baseline for each stat on this HUD. I'm not fluent enough with db analysis and HM2, to figure out an efficient way to do this. Any suggestions? I'm sure it takes some due diligence, and I'm not suggesting it's a simple solution. I just wanted suggestions on filtering, etc.

Example: If river bet percentage is 10% stronger than average, I'm trying to determine if average is TPTK, or top and bottom two-pair, etc. Just some kind of a barometer to gauge strength to better understand these values. Thank you.

I've thought about sorting my db for each stat and whichever hands break even, could be considered as baseline and go from there....
You could go into your NoteCaddy and use the "Column Chooser" to add different categories to show for stats, like Avg Strength. This link explains how to do that: http://wiki.assaultware.com/NoteCadd...n-chooser.ashx. I think this is a very helpful feature that a lot of people don't know about.
nostrakhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 05:29 AM   #18
Crazy Ivan
stranger
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 13
Re: NoteCaddy Edge

Will NCE release a Power HUD for hm3 when it is released?
Crazy Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 01:33 PM   #19
nostrakhan
journeyman
 
nostrakhan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 303
Re: NoteCaddy Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Ivan View Post
Will NCE release a Power HUD for hm3 when it is released?
Yes I would like to.. but there would need to be a licensing system in place like we have with NC and HM2 (be able to tie packages to someone's HEM license key). Assuming that happens one of these days, it won't be too hard to get the Power HUD onto HM3 and PT4
nostrakhan is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:53 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online