Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Commercial Software Discussion of commercial gambling-related / poker software & commercial graphics modifications

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2017, 10:33 AM   #376
samooth
veteran
 
samooth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: gutrotting
Posts: 3,111
Re: MonkerSolver

interesting, thx for the info.
samooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 09:36 PM   #377
madtrist
stranger
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 4
Re: MonkerSolver

Anyone know how I can do a 3way sim post flop, like CO,BTN and SB? When I put 3 players its BTN SB and BB
madtrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 01:06 PM   #378
madtrist
stranger
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 4
Re: MonkerSolver

I wanna do a 3-way preflop sim but I want one player to have a locked open raise range. For example BTN opens top 15% of hands. Is this possible?
madtrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 05:57 PM   #379
ZenFish
journeyman
 
ZenFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: GTOpia
Posts: 288
Re: MonkerSolver

Feature request: Aggregation reports and scripting

1) It would be useful to be able to see average frequencies for future cards, for example:

BTN opens, SB calls, BB calls

Flop: SB checks, BB checks, BTN checks
Turn: SB checks, BB bets

When we study this scenario it's interesting to know how often BB is supposed to bet turn (on average) in the equilibrium strategy. We can scan all turn cards and find the average bet frequency manually, but that is tedious (not to mention average river frequencies, which is impossible in practice).

2) Another useful feature would be scripting jobs. I'd like to define a set of flops and a game tree and let the program compute the equilibrium for all chosen flops with this tree, saving the files along the way, without me having to do anything.

3) Combining 1) and 2), after processing a set of flops we might like to compute average frequencies over the flop set. So for the example above, we would like to see how often BB is betting the turn on average, not only for a given flop, but averaged over the whole flop set.

Adding this functionality would open the door for extremely interesting post flop analysis.

TIA

Last edited by ZenFish; 09-08-2017 at 06:12 PM.
ZenFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 10:04 AM   #380
UnexceptionalRound
newbie
 
UnexceptionalRound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Virginia, USA
Posts: 39
Re: MonkerSolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenFish View Post
Feature request: Aggregation reports and scripting

1) It would be useful to be able to see average frequencies for future cards, for example:

BTN opens, SB calls, BB calls

Flop: SB checks, BB checks, BTN checks
Turn: SB checks, BB bets

When we study this scenario it's interesting to know how often BB is supposed to bet turn (on average) in the equilibrium strategy. We can scan all turn cards and find the average bet frequency manually, but that is tedious (not to mention average river frequencies, which is impossible in practice).

2) Another useful feature would be scripting jobs. I'd like to define a set of flops and a game tree and let the program compute the equilibrium for all chosen flops with this tree, saving the files along the way, without me having to do anything.

3) Combining 1) and 2), after processing a set of flops we might like to compute average frequencies over the flop set. So for the example above, we would like to see how often BB is betting the turn on average, not only for a given flop, but averaged over the whole flop set.

Adding this functionality would open the door for extremely interesting post flop analysis.

TIA
+1 this would be fantastic!
UnexceptionalRound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 11:12 PM   #381
restacks
stranger
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 5
Re: MonkerSolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnexceptionalRound View Post
+1 this would be fantastic!
+1 more from me
restacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 10:01 AM   #382
davo_daman
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 99
Re: MonkerSolver

Hi

I am wanting to buy a new desktop just to run monker solver sims 24/7. I'd be using it mainly for PLO HU and 3 way spots postflop but maybe preflop in the future as well.

Can anyone recommend me some minimum specs of a new desktop? Also is it just RAM that is relevant to running monker solver or aspects such as GPU, SSD, CPU are relevant as well?

If anyone has the specs of a model build that they can provide that is successfully running monker please let me know.

Thanks
davo_daman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 10:16 AM   #383
davo_daman
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 99
Re: MonkerSolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopster81 View Post
I'd go for 128GB but I know that eats up most of your budget...
Would having 128gb ram allow you to comfotably run all sorts of PLO sims using monker?
davo_daman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 12:17 PM   #384
de0
centurion
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 160
Re: MonkerSolver

anyone know if this software is still being supported? op not seen in this thread for awhile and no updates for awhile..
de0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 07:27 AM   #385
mogg
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 30
Re: MonkerSolver

Hey can someone help me on this one? When I try to solve for preflop I try to keep the size of the tree somewhat small so I just enable 3/4 pot cbets and raises postflop. I enabled that option for all postflop nodes and when I checked the tree it seemed fine. When I do now solve for preflop PLO HU though I get weird stats and when I check postflop actions on flop AK5 or 765 it s a 100% check FRQZ so it only values preflop play based on equity it seems like. Does someone have an idea where I messed up?
mogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 07:46 AM   #386
gtlol
newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 47
Re: MonkerSolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenFish View Post
I was mostly interested in hearing whether there was a reason for the AUTO tree builder to insert multiple sizings pretty much everywhere.

Fwiw, I have tested Monker's SB v BB equilibrium vs a benchmark Pio simulation (one geometrical bet size per street, 198 flops, 2bb/100 convergence) and found that {90 buckets, Perfect/Large/Large} and {30 buckets, Perfect/Perfect/Large} both reproduce the Pio results accurately. Frequencies same, and the shape of the ranges close to identical. In particular, the suited/offsuit polar regions in BB's 3B range are reproduced almost perfectly, which does not happen with default settings.

So we can verify that Monker reproduces accurate NLHE HU ranges when we push the accuracy settings up a bit.
How many iters nodes you solved for this? When you think we should stop the calculation?
gtlol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 10:00 AM   #387
ZenFish
journeyman
 
ZenFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: GTOpia
Posts: 288
Re: MonkerSolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenFish View Post
I was mostly interested in hearing whether there was a reason for the AUTO tree builder to insert multiple sizings pretty much everywhere.

Fwiw, I have tested Monker's SB v BB equilibrium vs a benchmark Pio simulation (one geometrical bet size per street, 198 flops, 2bb/100 convergence) and found that {90 buckets, Perfect/Large/Large} and {30 buckets, Perfect/Perfect/Large} both reproduce the Pio results accurately. Frequencies same, and the shape of the ranges close to identical. In particular, the suited/offsuit polar regions in BB's 3B range are reproduced almost perfectly, which does not happen with default settings.

So we can verify that Monker reproduces accurate NLHE HU ranges when we push the accuracy settings up a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtlol View Post
How many iters nodes you solved for this? When you think we should stop the calculation?
I ran this for 50 I/N. I've explored convergence a bit, and how far you should go depends on what ranges you're interested in.

For example, if you solve CO v BTN v SB v BB, you'll see the 4-way single raised pot branch (everybody flats behind CO) converge very slowly (BB's flatting range takes forever). But the ranges for CO open, the first flatter, and 3-bets converge quickly.

That said, the 10 I/N rule of thumb is much too loose. I'd say run everything to 30 I/N if possible. If this is impractical, try to snip away the biggest single-raised pot. For the 4-handed game, we can snip BB's range for overcalling vs CO open + BTN flat + SB flat, and we are left with only 3-handed single-raised pots. This makes sense, since 4-handed play is rare. And since we can't converge this branch well anyway (unless we run with low accuracy or for a very long time) we might as well snip it. The biggest single-raised pot in the simulation is also the biggest branch in the tree, and from what I recall, this simplification will cut the tree size roughly in half.

Multiway simulations are fun to do and very fascinating if you're into poker theory. But it's a good mindset to be a little pragmatical and not get hung up in perfection. You can chase perfection in HU sims with Pio, but for multiway work in Monker, it becomes a costly habit. If it isn't useful, leave it if it's expensive to compute.

Last edited by ZenFish; 09-13-2017 at 10:10 AM.
ZenFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 12:20 PM   #388
Setcho
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sweden / Capetown
Posts: 247
Re: MonkerSolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maroel View Post
Any plans to get this software running on a server cloud? I would buy it right now if I didn't have to spend 2k+ on a computer to run it.

Also, It would be great to run it on practically any device just with an internet conection
Did anyone try this yet? I'm looking into either Digital Ocean or ASW, but I would be interested to hear if anyone tried it.
Setcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 01:19 PM   #389
ZenFish
journeyman
 
ZenFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: GTOpia
Posts: 288
Re: MonkerSolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maroel View Post
Any plans to get this software running on a server cloud? I would buy it right now if I didn't have to spend 2k+ on a computer to run it.

Also, It would be great to run it on practically any device just with an internet conection
Quote:
Originally Posted by Setcho View Post
Did anyone try this yet? I'm looking into either Digital Ocean or ASW, but I would be interested to hear if anyone tried it.
I've run it on AWS and OVH. Works like a charm. AWS is pricey and you'll get better value from alternatives like OVH. You don't need a monster for post flop sims, but get a server with at least 32GB RAM (for NLHE ..... I suppose more for PLO).
ZenFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 01:18 PM   #390
sh1ku
stranger
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 1
Re: MonkerSolver

Hello there.

I'm testing a 3-way PLO where the btn can Call, and another one where they can't, just Pot and Fold.

Without the btn being able to Call, the WR is 12.6, but when I add a Call, and retest, the WR lowers to 11.2. bb/100.

Both test done with roughly same iterations/nodes, above 50+.

Could you share your reasoning on this one?

Thank you.
sh1ku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:45 AM   #391
Setcho
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Sweden / Capetown
Posts: 247
Re: MonkerSolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenFish View Post
I've run it on AWS and OVH. Works like a charm. AWS is pricey and you'll get better value from alternatives like OVH. You don't need a monster for post flop sims, but get a server with at least 32GB RAM (for NLHE ..... I suppose more for PLO).

Awesome, thanks man So the limiting factor would generally be RAM and not processing speed?
Setcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:55 AM   #392
ZenFish
journeyman
 
ZenFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: GTOpia
Posts: 288
Re: MonkerSolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenFish View Post
I've run it on AWS and OVH. Works like a charm. AWS is pricey and you'll get better value from alternatives like OVH. You don't need a monster for post flop sims, but get a server with at least 32GB RAM (for NLHE ..... I suppose more for PLO).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Setcho View Post
Awesome, thanks man So the limiting factor would generally be RAM and not processing speed?
For pre flop work, definitely, and I think the best setup is a monthly lease where you can leave jobs crunching 24/7 for a fixed monthly cost. AWS becomes too expensive for that, OVH is perfect.

When it comes to scaling, I've run heavy sims on both AWS and OVH and I seem to max out at around 1000k iterations/second. Right now I'm running a big sim on a 28 core/56 threads OVH server and Monker runs fastest (1050k iterations/second) with 40 threads (adding more threads actually slows it down).

So I'd say a decent CPU, plenty of RAM and some patience is what you need for very big jobs. Would be interesting to hear if anyone has tried Monker on an AMD ThreadRipper. It gives an impressive benchmark for Pio.

Last edited by ZenFish; Yesterday at 11:04 AM.
ZenFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:13 PM   #393
madtrist
stranger
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 4
Re: MonkerSolver

I have a server with Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Standard 64-bit but MonkerSolver doesnt seem to work. I have installed java etc but when i try to open MonkerSolver nothing happens. Anyone have any clue?

Last edited by madtrist; Yesterday at 01:34 PM.
madtrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:25 PM   #394
madtrist
stranger
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 4
Re: MonkerSolver

Nvm got it to work!
madtrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:11 AM   #395
TIMMEH
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 89
Re: MonkerSolver

Hey guys,

Will buy today or tmrw a computer exclusively to do PLO (6max) calculations. Any recommendations which specs to look for, budget isnt the biggest concern, speed is however.

Also any plo monkerware study groups/coaching besides JNandez?

Thanks !
TIMMEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:59 AM   #396
ZenFish
journeyman
 
ZenFish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: GTOpia
Posts: 288
Re: MonkerSolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIMMEH View Post
Hey guys,

Also any plo monkerware study groups/coaching besides JNandez?
It seems many people are interested in MonkerSolver, but Support isn't very active here so I've created an unofficial Skype group where we can discuss technicalities and effective use of the program:

The MonkerSolver Hangout

Everybody is welcome to join. I expect it to be a low volume affair where people can get FAQ answers and help to solve various problems. If the link doesn't work, shoot me a PM and I'll add you.

Last edited by ZenFish; Today at 10:06 AM.
ZenFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:18 PM   #397
gtlol
newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 47
Re: MonkerSolver

Last five emails are answered in a three month period. Great support for a 500 euro software
gtlol is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online