Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Commercial Software Discussion of commercial gambling-related / poker software & commercial graphics modifications

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2017, 10:51 AM   #1
MonkerWare
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 60
MonkerSolver

This is the support thread for MonkerSolver, a hold'em and Omaha nash equilibrium solver.
MonkerWare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 07:56 PM   #2
Antidote
grinder
 
Antidote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 692
Re: MonkerSolver

Downloaded and installed MonkerSolver free along with the Java runtime.

When I try to run the program, I get the following error:

Antidote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 07:45 AM   #3
MonkerWare
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 60
Re: MonkerSolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antidote View Post
Downloaded and installed MonkerSolver free along with the Java runtime.

When I try to run the program, I get the following error:
It seems you do not have enough free memory to run the program, or you have installed 32-bit java which can only utilize 4gb RAM (type "java -version" in a command line to check your java version.)

You can try to edit the MonkerSolverFree.l4j file to lower the amount of RAM MonkerSolver uses.
MonkerWare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 07:29 PM   #4
Antidote
grinder
 
Antidote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 692
Re: MonkerSolver

Ok great, I installed the 64-bit version and that fixed it.


I have 128gb of RAM. What settings should I use for MonkerSolverFree.l4j?

Also, what is the preferred thread count?
Antidote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 07:56 PM   #5
greg nice
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
greg nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,278
Re: MonkerSolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antidote View Post
I have 128gb of RAM.
WTF.
greg nice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 07:47 AM   #6
MonkerWare
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 60
Re: MonkerSolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antidote View Post
Ok great, I installed the 64-bit version and that fixed it.


I have 128gb of RAM. What settings should I use for MonkerSolverFree.l4j?

Also, what is the preferred thread count?
As long as you can solve the trees you want to solve, changing the values won't do anything. If you can't, you should increase the -Xmx to a higher value. It sets the maximum amount of RAM the program can use.

The thread count should be set to around the number of cores, give or take some if you have hyper threading or doing other things on the computer.

You can alter the thread count at run time to see if increasing it yields a higher iteration speed.
MonkerWare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 09:15 AM   #7
HredunoS
centurion
 
HredunoS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Poland / Warsaw
Posts: 103
Re: MonkerSolver

I've installed demo version and have some issue.
1. Im not able to save / load trees

2. I can't use PLO ranges tool.

3. Interface is not human friendly at all. How to figure out basic information like current exploitability of strategy, hands EV and hands (bucket) frequencies?

I hope you improve UI a lot.

I 'd like to encourage you to focus on PLO part of the solver. There are few decent and refined NLH solvers on the market already (crEV is 75$ only) and none commercially available PLO. I bet that you get more customers from PLO players (myself included) if you tweak it.


Best regards,
Wiktor

Last edited by HredunoS; 02-14-2017 at 09:25 AM.
HredunoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 11:20 AM   #8
MonkerWare
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 60
Re: MonkerSolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by HredunoS View Post
I've installed demo version and have some issue.
1. Im not able to save / load trees
2. I can't use PLO ranges tool.
3. Interface is not human friendly at all. How to figure out basic information like current exploitability of strategy, hands EV and hands (bucket) frequencies?
I hope you improve UI a lot.

I 'd like to encourage you to focus on PLO part of the solver. There are few decent and refined NLH solvers on the market already (crEV is 75$ only) and none commercially available PLO. I bet that you get more customers from PLO players (myself included) if you tweak it.


Best regards,
Wiktor
Hi, I've updated the demo version (download again).

1. Fixed.

2. The PLO ranges tool is currently very limited and mostly used to load ranges produced by the preflop solver. You can do for example:
top80%-top20%
There was a bug with this too. Fixed.

3. The hand frequencies are for some reason behind the cards. Might be fixed/might need more info.
The exploitability is not available and not very feasible to calculate in the way the game is abstracted.
The EV of hands was available in previous versions but was removed for various reasons. Might come back if enough people want it.

Thanks for the feedback!
MonkerWare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 12:21 PM   #9
HredunoS
centurion
 
HredunoS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Poland / Warsaw
Posts: 103
Re: MonkerSolver

I'd love to see implementation of Odds Oracle syntax to your PLO ranges tool.
www.propokertools.com/oracle_help/range_of_hands

Most serious PLO players are familiar with this way to describe PLO ranges. It is also used by other popular PLO software.
Option to just list all hands in players range would be temporarily sufficient as well (fe. AsAhAdKs,AsAhAcKs,AsAdAcKs,AsAhAdKh...).
HredunoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 03:07 PM   #10
hasu
grinder
 
hasu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 482
Re: MonkerSolver

What do you mean you can

"Solve Omaha and Hold'em from any street with multiple players."

Can it solve 3/4/5 player trees?
hasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 06:09 PM   #11
Antidote
grinder
 
Antidote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 692
Re: MonkerSolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by HredunoS View Post
I'd love to see implementation of Odds Oracle syntax to your PLO ranges tool.
www.propokertools.com/oracle_help/range_of_hands

Most serious PLO players are familiar with this way to describe PLO ranges. It is also used by other popular PLO software.
Option to just list all hands in players range would be temporarily sufficient as well (fe. AsAhAdKs,AsAhAcKs,AsAdAcKs,AsAhAdKh...).
I second this. PPT syntax is the standard for PLO.
Antidote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 07:59 AM   #12
MonkerWare
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 60
Re: MonkerSolver

PPT syntax seems like a good idea. You can in the meantime put hands in this format:
AsAhAdKs,AsAhAcKs,AsAdAcKs,AsAhAdKh
in a file on a single line, and then drag and drop the file to the range tool.
Update to the latest version for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasu View Post
Can it solve 3/4/5 player trees?
Yes.
MonkerWare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 04:54 PM   #13
HredunoS
centurion
 
HredunoS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Poland / Warsaw
Posts: 103
Re: MonkerSolver

Drag and drop of text file works fine, thank you.
River calc with custom ranges seems to be fast.

1. I'd like to see more info about strategies (EV of both players). Im curious how betsizes influence EV of strategies.

2. Option to filter hands in results would be nice (fe I'd like to see solution for different top2 combos in PLO).

There are some bugs - 3/4 add 1/2 size to tree. Also solver sometimes won't strart (stuck at starting statuss). Mostly in bigger trees. Solver uses only 1.7GB from 12 so i think it's not memory issue.
HredunoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 08:17 AM   #14
MonkerWare
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 60
Re: MonkerSolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by HredunoS View Post
1. I'd like to see more info about strategies (EV of both players). Im curious how betsizes influence EV of strategies.
Added an EV estimate. Getting the exact value probably requires a bit too much overhead, but I think this will suffice for most things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HredunoS View Post
2. Option to filter hands in results would be nice (fe I'd like to see solution for different top2 combos in PLO).
Added. There should probably be PPT syntax here, but you can filter on cards atleast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HredunoS View Post
There are some bugs - 3/4 add 1/2 size to tree.
Fixed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HredunoS View Post
Also solver sometimes won't strart (stuck at starting statuss).
Can't think of any reason other than lack of memory. Have you set -Xmx12g in the l4j-file?

Thanks for the feedback!
MonkerWare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 11:14 PM   #15
WhatsNexxt
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 92
Re: MonkerSolver

Hi
On your page you say "Before the river, only suits which has the potential to become flushes are considered. For example, these two hands are merged, even though they influence the opponents range slightly differently"
i - I assume you only do this simplification on the flop and turn. Is that correct?
ii - Do you do any 'bucketing' preflop ?

Thank you looking forward to trying your product.
WhatsNexxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 01:35 PM   #16
MonkerWare
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 60
Re: MonkerSolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsNexxt View Post
i - I assume you only do this simplification on the flop and turn. Is that correct?
Yes, although as described in the example below that one, there are simplifications on the river as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsNexxt View Post
ii - Do you do any 'bucketing' preflop ?
On the preflop street there's no bucketing. However, postflop streets in trees beginning from preflop are bucketed in the same way as hold'em preflop runs (strength and texture buckets).
MonkerWare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 02:26 PM   #17
mrw8419
Connoisseur
 
mrw8419's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,304
Re: MonkerSolver

Could you make an example PLO hand video to show the functionality of the software and post to youtube
mrw8419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 05:07 PM   #18
Hoopster81
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Hoopster81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Posts: 7,123
Re: MonkerSolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrw8419 View Post
Could you make an example PLO hand video to show the functionality of the software and post to youtube
+1
Hoopster81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 09:57 PM   #19
tobakudan
grinder
 
tobakudan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Japan
Posts: 443
Re: MonkerSolver

+1
tobakudan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 10:56 PM   #20
4-Star General
adept
 
4-Star General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 997
Re: MonkerSolver

^^^
4-Star General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 06:55 AM   #21
MonkerWare
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 60
Re: MonkerSolver

The free version of MonkerSolver has now been updated with (most of the) PPT syntax and other features (omaha node locking, tree building hotkeys, compressed saves, etc.)

For those of you who purchased the full version before the auto updater was in: please redownload and reinstall and you will get updates from then on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrw8419 View Post
Could you make an example PLO hand video to show the functionality of the software and post to youtube
I'll try to get this done within the near future.
MonkerWare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 09:44 AM   #22
WhatsNexxt
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 92
Re: MonkerSolver

Is there anyway to see the ranges (omaha) after you input them. Right now I can only figure out how to see the %, but not the range itself.

Can you expand on what PPT syntax is available and what is not.

Thank you.
WhatsNexxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 02:24 PM   #23
MonkerWare
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 60
Re: MonkerSolver

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsNexxt View Post
Is there anyway to see the ranges (omaha) after you input them. Right now I can only figure out how to see the %, but not the range itself.

Can you expand on what PPT syntax is available and what is not.

Thank you.
Hi,

You can not see the range without starting the run atm.

I believe the only thing missing is support for brackets [], you can also not write 20%-80% (but you can write 80%!20% which is the same thing.)
MonkerWare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 03:07 PM   #24
WhatsNexxt
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 92
Re: MonkerSolver

Thank you for the response.
Where can I see the range when running (or after running) the sim ?
I need to stop the sim manually, correct ?
And you recommend after 10x the node count ?
I use the [] feature a lot in PPT is on the to-do list ?

Enjoying the software. Ty
WhatsNexxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 05:56 PM   #25
Antidote
grinder
 
Antidote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 692
Re: MonkerSolver

Any ETA on PPT [] syntax?

It ends up being necessary for copying ranges over to MonkerSolver from PPT or PokerJuice.
Antidote is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online