Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Commercial Software Discussion of commercial gambling-related / poker software & commercial graphics modifications

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2013, 11:31 AM   #226
FreakDaddy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
FreakDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Making great poker HUDs
Posts: 9,669
Re: Bovada Hand History Converter Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakeme View Post
I did some accounting for the 28 errors, I checked like 4 of them and they were all hands where I folded and left the table before the hand completely finished. The math adds up and I'm not missing any money, just missing the hands where I folded and left without putting any money in the pot. So I guess it's not a huge deal.
If you can send me them any way, I will look at it for sure. Want to make sure we aren't missing anything.
FreakDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:53 AM   #227
Leiferman
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 265
Re: Bovada Hand History Converter Software

I'll take a closer look tmo, but, having the same problems as rakeme. I am not playing zone. It seems bovada is giving hand histories of the hand that you sit out and then leave. Idk if this was always the case (cause never really had many errors and didn't know about the log file) but, it could be the cause of these errors.

I guess if you guys figure it out (which I'm sure you will) it's no biggie but, it would be nice to have easy access to view any hh errors that occur while converting like PT or HM has.

Edit: Come to think of it, I had exactly the same amount of errors as hh files so, yeah, pretty sure that's the problem above.
Leiferman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:54 AM   #228
dark_horse
veteran
 
dark_horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ride th'snake
Posts: 2,785
Re: Bovada Hand History Converter Software

I always wait to leave the table until the client actually sits me out, then I close the table when the first hand is dealt that I'm not dealt in (horribly put, but I think you get it).

Are you saying that Bovada is including the HH of that hand too?
dark_horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:47 PM   #229
jshwhoa
newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 44
Re: Bovada Hand History Converter Software

Hey,

is there any way to fix the time on bovada hands? What I mean is, that pokerstars, party, 888, etc hands played at the same time as bovada hands don't show up as such in PT4, which results in bovada hands showing up as seperate sessions.
jshwhoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:18 PM   #230
Leiferman
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 265
Re: Bovada Hand History Converter Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_horse View Post
I always wait to leave the table until the client actually sits me out, then I close the table when the first hand is dealt that I'm not dealt in (horribly put, but I think you get it).

Are you saying that Bovada is including the HH of that hand too?
Yeah I know what you're saying, I do the same and yeah as I take a look at the original hh, after I am utg (the last hand I'd of played) there is a final hh after where it shows me as utg+2 (weird) and my action is stand and leave.

Also, on games that are breaking it does the same thing pretty much. There is a hh where I post a blind, take it back, stand, and leave. Lol bovadadog
Leiferman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:28 PM   #231
FreakDaddy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
FreakDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Making great poker HUDs
Posts: 9,669
Re: Bovada Hand History Converter Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiferman View Post
I'll take a closer look tmo, but, having the same problems as rakeme. I am not playing zone. It seems bovada is giving hand histories of the hand that you sit out and then leave. Idk if this was always the case (cause never really had many errors and didn't know about the log file) but, it could be the cause of these errors.

I guess if you guys figure it out (which I'm sure you will) it's no biggie but, it would be nice to have easy access to view any hh errors that occur while converting like PT or HM has.

Edit: Come to think of it, I had exactly the same amount of errors as hh files so, yeah, pretty sure that's the problem above.
Correct, if you sit out, the hand is created by Bovada, but the converter logs it as an error. I haven't seen any that have left early before the hand is over and not converted though. So if you see one of those (and I've converted and tested over 70k hands now), then please send it to me.
FreakDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:32 PM   #232
FreakDaddy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
FreakDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Making great poker HUDs
Posts: 9,669
Re: Bovada Hand History Converter Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshwhoa View Post
Hey,

is there any way to fix the time on bovada hands? What I mean is, that pokerstars, party, 888, etc hands played at the same time as bovada hands don't show up as such in PT4, which results in bovada hands showing up as seperate sessions.
So when you are playing multiple sites at the same time, the bovada hands log as separate correct? We don't touch the time stamps. If you weren't on pokerstars, I think there's any easy way to make a time adjustment in PT4. But if you're on there, I'm not sure there's any easy solution. It would have to re-write the time to your local time for each hand, and I think that could get super messy. Right now there's always going to be different time stamps for a lot of sites, but I think PS and party use the same time. Not sure about the others, and then you can adjust +/- in your database.

I'll ask the developers what they think though, thanks.
FreakDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 06:08 PM   #233
Leiferman
journeyman
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 265
Re: Bovada Hand History Converter Software

Looking at some old original hh and see they all have that extra hand, the only difference being, hero would be labeled as utg and now is labeled as utg+2 or utg+1. It's only as of recently, since the zone update I would say, that there have been all these errors. It's been pretty much flawless since I started using it the beginning of this year.
Leiferman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 03:24 PM   #234
FreakDaddy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
FreakDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Making great poker HUDs
Posts: 9,669
Re: Bovada Hand History Converter Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiferman View Post
Looking at some old original hh and see they all have that extra hand, the only difference being, hero would be labeled as utg and now is labeled as utg+2 or utg+1. It's only as of recently, since the zone update I would say, that there have been all these errors. It's been pretty much flawless since I started using it the beginning of this year.
Correct, it's just since this week when they updated the HH files with their zone poker update. The hands that come up as errors are when you are sat out. We'll just list them differently. I've seen a number of them now though. Not sure what you mean about UTG though, so if you have a hand there I will look at it.
FreakDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 03:07 PM   #235
Goathair
grinder
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 465
Re: Bovada Hand History Converter Software

Sorry if this has been asked. Is there a way to separate the Zone poker hands from normal hands when converting and importing into HM2 or PT4?

And if so, can i re-import my zone poker hands to fix the hands that are lumped together with regular 6 max hands?
Goathair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:09 PM   #236
FreakDaddy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
FreakDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Making great poker HUDs
Posts: 9,669
Re: Bovada Hand History Converter Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goathair View Post
Sorry if this has been asked. Is there a way to separate the Zone poker hands from normal hands when converting and importing into HM2 or PT4?

And if so, can i re-import my zone poker hands to fix the hands that are lumped together with regular 6 max hands?
There's going to be an option to import them as PS zoom, or to keep them lumped together. We're still working on tournament support, which has turned out to be a bigger project than anticipated. Well, we know it was going to be a bit of a pain. So zone as separate support is still on hold. It will import now, but it puts it all together.

On a side note: SOME hands are being converted as Utgplus1 plus2, etc.. as someone else in this thread pointed out, since the latest HH change last week. It would be fixed by now, but the primary developer for this project is on vacation (of course). So just as a note, some hands might error out until this changed. So you can just hold onto them, and convert them when the update is out, or convert knowing a couple will not convert.

First thing when he gets back, that will be fixed and the zone option added. It won't be until early next week though. So keep that in mind.
FreakDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 10:27 PM   #237
Zjak
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: A Belgian in Nevada
Posts: 178
Re: Bovada Hand History Converter Software

What am I missing? It's not giving me an option for a 24hr trial. Only options I have is to register one of the other type of license ...
Zjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 10:45 AM   #238
dark_horse
veteran
 
dark_horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ride th'snake
Posts: 2,785
Re: Bovada Hand History Converter Software

I almost want to post this in the software forum, as I'm sure someone out there can figure out how to do a mass find/replace on text files in the way that I'm about to suggest, but I figured I'd ask here to see if there's any possible way to add this to the hand converter.

Without visually keeping an eye on the players as they enter and leave the replayer table, there is no simple way to track the results of an individual player (or at least get your db to recognize one). In its current state, the converter is smart enough to name [ME] to the name of your choice when you import it into PT/HM.

Can anyone think of an idea how to rename each of the rotating SB/BB/UTG/etc names so that each seat gets its own static name? I'd be happy enough if "Seat 1" were different people as time goes on, but at least I'd be able to see how much money was won or lost in Seat 1 throughout my stay at the table.

And then, gasp, you could actually figure out some stats of your past opponents, and do whatever you wanted with them once they're assignable. I have been on the bot/collusion tip lately, so my thinking was this would be a great way to track the results of a suspected cheat.
dark_horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:51 AM   #239
smurg
old hand
 
smurg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: ♫←²²²→♫
Posts: 1,448
Re: Bovada Hand History Converter Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_horse View Post
I almost want to post this in the software forum, as I'm sure someone out there can figure out how to do a mass find/replace on text files in the way that I'm about to suggest, but I figured I'd ask here to see if there's any possible way to add this to the hand converter.

Without visually keeping an eye on the players as they enter and leave the replayer table, there is no simple way to track the results of an individual player (or at least get your db to recognize one). In its current state, the converter is smart enough to name [ME] to the name of your choice when you import it into PT/HM.

Can anyone think of an idea how to rename each of the rotating SB/BB/UTG/etc names so that each seat gets its own static name? I'd be happy enough if "Seat 1" were different people as time goes on, but at least I'd be able to see how much money was won or lost in Seat 1 throughout my stay at the table.

And then, gasp, you could actually figure out some stats of your past opponents, and do whatever you wanted with them once they're assignable. I have been on the bot/collusion tip lately, so my thinking was this would be a great way to track the results of a suspected cheat.
It's doable from a programming perspective, but I don't know why you would want our ideas on how to do it as there's no way to do it as the end-user lol.

Seems unreliable and pointless with people coming/going off a table. You could try to write your own parser.
smurg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:54 AM   #240
dark_horse
veteran
 
dark_horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ride th'snake
Posts: 2,785
Re: Bovada Hand History Converter Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurg View Post
It's doable from a programming perspective, but I don't know why you would want our ideas on how to do it as there's no way to do it as the end-user lol.
Why not? Text editors have extremely powerful multi-file search-replace functions these days. But you're right, it would probably be a huge headache to get it done. Which is why I guess I'm just politely asking the developer if he could do it.
dark_horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:05 PM   #241
FreakDaddy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
FreakDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Making great poker HUDs
Posts: 9,669
Re: Bovada Hand History Converter Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zjak View Post
What am I missing? It's not giving me an option for a 24hr trial. Only options I have is to register one of the other type of license ...
You probably hit a small window when we put the beta up. But we took it down yesterday, so if you re-download from the site, all you need to do is load it and you'll have the 24 hour trial.
FreakDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 01:17 PM   #242
FreakDaddy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
FreakDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Making great poker HUDs
Posts: 9,669
Re: Bovada Hand History Converter Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_horse View Post
Why not? Text editors have extremely powerful multi-file search-replace functions these days. But you're right, it would probably be a huge headache to get it done. Which is why I guess I'm just politely asking the developer if he could do it.
We are working on finishing tournament support. I know you've asked about this before, and I agree it would be great, it's just a lot more development hours for a $13 product. I want to make it happen at some point, and I know it will, but there are just other tasks ahead of this at the moment. I'm sure once we get the tournament support finished, we'll give it another look. Thanks.
FreakDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:18 PM   #243
dark_horse
veteran
 
dark_horse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Ride th'snake
Posts: 2,785
Re: Bovada Hand History Converter Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakDaddy View Post
We are working on finishing tournament support. I know you've asked about this before, and I agree it would be great, it's just a lot more development hours for a $13 product. I want to make it happen at some point, and I know it will, but there are just other tasks ahead of this at the moment. I'm sure once we get the tournament support finished, we'll give it another look. Thanks.
Oh I totally understand. You've put a ton of hours (and anguish) over this nominally priced software. And I've asked about this before? Damn, my memory must be getting worse. Good thing I have a database.
dark_horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 03:44 PM   #244
FreakDaddy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
FreakDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Making great poker HUDs
Posts: 9,669
Re: Bovada Hand History Converter Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_horse View Post
Oh I totally understand. You've put a ton of hours (and anguish) over this nominally priced software. And I've asked about this before? Damn, my memory must be getting worse. Good thing I have a database.
lol... Ha, I thought you did. Maybe it was someone else in here. Regardless, it's something I want to make happen, but we need to get tournament support done first.
FreakDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:50 PM   #245
Zjak
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: A Belgian in Nevada
Posts: 178
Re: Bovada Hand History Converter Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakDaddy View Post
You probably hit a small window when we put the beta up. But we took it down yesterday, so if you re-download from the site, all you need to do is load it and you'll have the 24 hour trial.
Re-downloaded and it worked, but now my pt4 won't import the hands because they don't support Tribeca any longer....
Zjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:07 PM   #246
FreakDaddy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
FreakDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Making great poker HUDs
Posts: 9,669
Re: Bovada Hand History Converter Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zjak View Post
Re-downloaded and it worked, but now my pt4 won't import the hands because they don't support Tribeca any longer....
You are not importing into PT from the correct directory. You need to import from the top folder location. Check out the 1min tutorial if you have any difficulty.
FreakDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:28 PM   #247
Shawn Isme
centurion
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 174
Re: Bovada Hand History Converter Software

FreakDaddy, I tried out a trial with the hand convertor this weekend and I have a few questions. First off, thanks for making this,it looks like a great product.

I've ran the convertor on the same set of files a few times; and I've noticed that I always get 1078 out 1088 hands converted, with 10 errors. Is there a log I can check to see which hands had errors?

Second, is the trial version intended to support tournaments? I wasn't able to import tourneys or SNGs. Does the MTT version support STT SNGs?
Shawn Isme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:58 PM   #248
Frankie Fuzz
grinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 533
Re: Bovada Hand History Converter Software

Hi, I have been using the hand converter and keep getting an error message when importing into PT4:

"Tribeca hand histories do not store the year. Please instruct us on how to process the year for the hands in this import session."

Then there is a pulldown menu where I can select the year and a checkbox where I can select "Use the file date year instead of year selector."


When I select 2013, the import finishes fine but it takes a really long time. I am wondering if it goes so slow for a reason related to this error message. Any ideas?
Frankie Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 03:39 PM   #249
Zjak
centurion
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: A Belgian in Nevada
Posts: 178
I had the same issue, you have to change the default pt4 directory. It's in the tutorial.

Sent from my ADR6350 using 2+2 Forums
Zjak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 04:38 PM   #250
Frankie Fuzz
grinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 533
Re: Bovada Hand History Converter Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zjak View Post
I had the same issue, you have to change the default pt4 directory. It's in the tutorial.

Sent from my ADR6350 using 2+2 Forums
Can you elaborate? Which directory are you talking about? I watched the tutorial and I believe that I followed the instructions properly.
Frankie Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online