Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Commercial Software Discussion of commercial gambling-related / poker software & commercial graphics modifications

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2007, 12:37 AM   #1426
rvg72
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,214
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

Quote:
Hi, I have downloaded and installed the .net framework, postgres and holdem mgr and the 0.35b patch, everything went smooth but when I open holdemmgr and try to import it does not import anything.
No error message or anything it just does not import.

I have tried with crypto hands and party hands
Try downloading this patch:

www.rvgsoftware.com/hm/holdemmanagernew.zip

and unzipping the files over your existing files. It resolves an issue that has been happening to a few people.

PLEASE NOTE: This is a test build and "Import Files" is the only import option that will work for you. Also note that this is the exact same version that is currently available on my site except for the changes made to import file to deal with this zero import file so if you aren't having the problem then don't download this build.

After copying it over try importing the party hands first and if you still have issues send me an e-mail (tourneymgr@gmail.com) or post here and we'll work it out. Crypto has a couple of quirks depending on the skin but if you get Party working try importing Crypto afterwards.

rvg
rvg72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 03:37 AM   #1427
K21
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 65
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

omaha supported?
K21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 05:24 AM   #1428
Herrigel
adept
 
Herrigel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Hattrick in a hurricane
Posts: 1,097
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

Still figuring out some things.
I'm sure there is a way to get the following stat:
A player c-bets turn and folds to a RR.
How can I find this frequency?
Herrigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 05:52 AM   #1429
Herrigel
adept
 
Herrigel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Hattrick in a hurricane
Posts: 1,097
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

sorry, should be:
Quote:
...and folds to a raise.
Also, I'd like to filter for effective Stack Size (not just the players stack size).
e.g. I don't want to have the data biased by situations where the player calls a PF 4bet with 55 vs a shortstack. This event has no significance when I need to define his 4bet calling range against me, as a full stack.

I'm not sure, is this even possible?
Herrigel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 08:20 AM   #1430
MonJamon
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The warm Spain
Posts: 78
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

Quote:
if you go into the players tab and run that report can you right click one of the players and select them that way? Let me know if this works and if you can then select a different player afterwards.

Thanks,

Roy

Thank Roy for your answer, I can imagine how busy you are.

Yes, if I go to the Players Tab I can choose any player, that is the way I'm doing it right now.

I installed 0.36 and for a while the player selection list worked again, but I turned off computer, come back after lunch and it wasn't working again: nothing happens in the Player Selection List if I type anything on it.

And the Alias function is still not working.

I'm working on a Windows XP SP2 machine, Net 2.0, 1 Gb RAM.

Thank you in advance.
MonJamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 09:51 AM   #1431
tpa
centurion
 
tpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Make-a-Hand Poker
Posts: 133
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

Quote:
Quote:
So, will I enter the $ amount of rakeback/bonuses I have gotten at the end of each month or how is that blue graph calculated?
For bonuses you enter in the amount and date and for rakeback you enter the start and end date and the rake pct and it calculates it all for you. Rakeback and bonuses are applied to individual accounts so if you have an alias you apply the rakeback to specific accounts in the alias as you'd probably expect.

rvg
But for this to work correctly, you would have to calculate rake, and subsequently rakeback, the exact same way that the Pokersite does.

At my site i.e., I don't get a fixed % of Rakeback but a "chashback" which is based on my VIP status and the amount of frequent player points I accumulate.

So I guess I should just treat this as a "bonus" and enter it on the date that I get my cashback.

I think it would be cool if I could enter the amount of rakeback for a certain month and HM calculated the rakeback percentage and drew the graph accordingly by hand average. For example if I played 10k hands one month and received $100 rakeback, the rakeback graph would rise 1 cent per hand :-P Just an idea... actually treating the rakeback payment as one bonus per month should be just fine
tpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:18 AM   #1432
yskhyr
centurion
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 183
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

Hi, I downloaded the patch you linked me to and I can now import from party and it seems to be working fine (its only like 15 hands but I checked and they are all there etc)

My crypto hands are weird though, it seems like it is only importing the hands that did not go to showdown.
Also, I can't run any reports on my crypto nick it just says there was an invalid argument (not exactly sure if argument is the right translation, I have Danish version of windows)

I also have some random information that you might already have but just in case; When parbet (my crypto skin) writes log files it creates two copies of every hand, one with all the details and one without (with "-s" added to the HH#) and it seems like it is only the one without details that gets imported (it says 1 errors on the detailed ones etc)
yskhyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 12:14 PM   #1433
rvg72
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,214
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

Quote:
omaha supported?
Not right now - additional plugins for different games is something I will be doing a little later.

Quote:
I'm sure there is a way to get the following stat:
A player c-bets turn and folds to a RR.
How can I find this frequency?
Right now you could use filters to do it but I'd say just wait a few days for the new version. You can do it in the Players Tab by selecting "Postflop Stats" and then "Can Turn CBet" and then looking at his "bet fold%" or you can make the stat and add it to any report. Remind me and I'll show you how to do this.

Quote:
Also, I'd like to filter for effective Stack Size (not just the players stack size).
Effective stack size is stored for every player on every hand however I haven't added it to the filters yet. What you can do is go into your Holdem Manager/Reports folder and open the "By Stack Size" report and change:

StackSize / BigBlind

to

EffectiveStackSize / BigBlind

and then change any of the ranges in there if you want and then save and relaunch HM and run the report. Also, for post flop effective stack sizes, new version has Stack Pot Ratio's for every street and it is based on effective stack.

Quote:

Thank Roy for your answer, I can imagine how busy you are.

Yes, if I go to the Players Tab I can choose any player, that is the way I'm doing it right now.

I installed 0.36 and for a while the player selection list worked again, but I turned off computer, come back after lunch and it wasn't working again: nothing happens in the Player Selection List if I type anything on it.

And the Alias function is still not working.

I'm working on a Windows XP SP2 machine, Net 2.0, 1 Gb RAM.

Thank you in advance.

pm sent

Quote:
I think it would be cool if I could enter the amount of rakeback for a certain month and HM calculated the rakeback percentage and drew the graph accordingly by hand average. For example if I played 10k hands one month and received $100 rakeback, the rakeback graph would rise 1 cent per hand :-P Just an idea... actually treating the rakeback payment as one bonus per month should be just fine
Well you could do this - just set up your rakeback plans one month at a time. At the beginning of the month setup what you expect your pct to be and then at the end of the month change it to the actual. That way you get a running approximate during the month and the official one at the end.

Quote:

My crypto hands are weird though, it seems like it is only importing the hands that did not go to showdown.
Also, I can't run any reports on my crypto nick it just says there was an invalid argument

Would you be able to send me a couple of hand histories? I think I know what the problem is - most likely non english characters which I've think I've worked out but I'd like to make sure.

Quote:

I also have some random information that you might already have but just in case; When parbet (my crypto skin) writes log files it creates two copies of every hand, one with all the details and one without (with "-s" added to the HH#) and it seems like it is only the one without details that gets imported (it says 1 errors on the detailed ones etc)
Thanks for this - that could definately be part of the problem.

rvg
rvg72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 12:20 PM   #1434
craig1120
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,817
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

We'll be able to import/move our existing hands into the new version even if we don't have them stored anymore right(aka observed hands)?
craig1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 12:21 PM   #1435
rvg72
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,214
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

Quote:
We'll be able to import/move our existing hands into the new version even if we don't have them stored anymore right(aka observed hands)?
Yes, a "Import from HM Beta" option is being worked on and will be in before this version goes out.

Roy
rvg72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 06:24 PM   #1436
Josem
human chemical weapon
 
Josem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Getting Trolled
Posts: 16,981
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

Quote:
Yes, a "Import from HM Beta" option is being worked on and will be in before this version goes out.

Roy
...and import from HM Alpha too, please

Josem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 10:18 PM   #1437
ICMoney
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
ICMoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Honesty IS the best policy.
Posts: 8,280
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

For the HUD it would be useful to filter stats by varying sample sizes. For example:
VPIP/PFR over last 1k hands.
$ won over all hands.
Fold river over last 5k hands.
etc.
ICMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 11:26 PM   #1438
kev123
journeyman
 
kev123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 322
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

Can we get Everest supported plzzz, the site has 30K+ players
kev123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 12:29 AM   #1439
Toasta
journeyman
 
Toasta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 354
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

everest realmoney players average is about 2,2k...
Toasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 01:23 AM   #1440
carlgraham
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Reality
Posts: 211
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

Roy,

How about double-clicking opening up more information? As example, when reviewing stats vs. other players, if I double click on the player, pull up another screen with all of the hands against that player (or perhaps go to the hands screen, with that player as the filter).

Cheers, Carl.
carlgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 06:43 AM   #1441
ExaMeter
Pooh-Bah
 
ExaMeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,985
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

Quote:
Can we get Everest supported plzzz, the site is full of bad nits and i want to make 10ptbb+ at nl400+ pls kthx
fyp
ExaMeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 09:25 AM   #1442
chrispy1
journeyman
 
chrispy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 340
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

is there anyway to import a PokerOffice database into HM? thanks
chrispy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 02:43 PM   #1443
catcher193
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: min-raising and donk-betting
Posts: 3,712
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

im getting a T$ display for my tournaments instead of the actual money won
catcher193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 02:48 PM   #1444
BuddyQ
old hand
 
BuddyQ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: fμ(x)=f(x−μ)
Posts: 1,564
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

Hey thanks again for HM.
In the 'hands-more filters', how do I filter to only hands where on the Turn, I was IP and was check/raised, as well as hands where, on the Turn, and I was OP, and I bet out, and was raised? In other words, a filter that returns both of these. THANKS!
BuddyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 03:52 PM   #1445
rvg72
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,214
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

Quote:
In the 'hands-more filters', how do I filter to only hands where on the Turn, I was IP and was check/raised, as well as hands where, on the Turn, and I was OP, and I bet out, and was raised? In other words, a filter that returns both of these. THANKS!
Right now you can't do "or" conditions like this - not because it isn't possible but just because I haven't found an intuitive way to make that work well for people yet. This will happen though - having an or condition is pretty important for filtering.

[quote]
im getting a T$ display for my tournaments instead of the actual money won/quote]

Yes, I'm spending a bunch of time right now on adding real $ for tourney results much like Tourney Manager.

Quote:
is there anyway to import a PokerOffice database into HM? thanks
Right now the only way is to export your hand histories from PO and then import them into HM as raw hand histories. Post launch I'll add PO importing although it will be after the PT importer.

Quote:
How about double-clicking opening up more information? As example, when reviewing stats vs. other players, if I double click on the player, pull up another screen with all of the hands against that player (or perhaps go to the hands screen, with that player as the filter).
I'll be doing a lot more of this - right now I'm focusing on the framework and making sure the core stuff works good but convenience things like this will definately be added.

Quote:
Can we get Everest supported plzzz, the site has 30K+ players
Ultimate Bet and OnGame are next. After that it goes back to a poll and I'm sure Everest will do well in that.

Quote:
For the HUD it would be useful to filter stats by varying sample sizes. For example:
VPIP/PFR over last 1k hands.
$ won over all hands.
Fold river over last 5k hands.
etc.
This is possible although for all but maybe 3 or 4 stats I don't know if it is practical. However, weight adjusting things like VPIP/PFR/3Bet to weight more recent days higher than hands from 3 months ago is definately doable although it won't be there initially.

Quote:

...and import from HM Alpha too, please
Yeah, Alpha too. Hand history table is the same in both the Alpha and Beta.


I'm going to take a few more days before publicly releasing this new build. The private testers are using it and I'm working out a few things, adding a few things, improving tourney support and also trying to make sure that what everyone gets works very well for them.

rvg
rvg72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 04:18 PM   #1446
jlp_2908
old hand
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,236
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

With the final version do yuou have to install those two other programs? Just wondering, and is that sql program secure?
jlp_2908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 04:43 PM   #1447
craig1120
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 1,817
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

Do you need anymore private testers
craig1120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 06:07 PM   #1448
Matixboy
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 91
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

Im trying to setup PostgreSQL on another computer and when I get to the Service configuration part, I leave the domain the same and put in a pword. When I click next a popup comes up saying "Invalid username specified: Logon failure; unknown username or bad password."

What does this mean and how can I get past it?
Matixboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 06:19 PM   #1449
Keepitsimple
Pooh-Bah
 
Keepitsimple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: raising your turn
Posts: 4,506
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

Hi, I have been observing 16 fulltilt tables for a few days. This day it started going really slow with tons of duplicate hands and lots of errors. Thoughts on this?


Keepitsimple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 06:33 PM   #1450
Matixboy
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 91
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

Ok, I tried changing the username to something else and that worked but now after it is almost done installing a popup comes up saying "User postgres could not be created: The user account already exists!"

This definitely didnt happen on the last computer I installed this on, what am I doing different this time?
Matixboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online