Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Commercial Software Discussion of commercial gambling-related / poker software & commercial graphics modifications

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2007, 05:31 PM   #251
oracle3001
adept
 
oracle3001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 785
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

For the HUD to have the ability to auto-calc and display in the HUD your current number of "BB"'s and "M" left for use in MTT's. Also for both MTT and Ring games things like Pot Odd's offered.

I know all these things are easy enough to work out, but if you have loads of tables going at once would be nice to just see those figures automatically.
oracle3001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:14 PM   #252
Monkey-Boy
stranger
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 7
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

You state about a hand replayer. Would it be possible to make notes and these appear in the HUD. (as click pop-up)or something.
Monkey-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:15 PM   #253
SpadeJack
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 60
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

RVG, here an excerpt from the new Poker Tracker thread.

Quote:

I do have a lot of respect for the work that you and Pat have done. On the other hand I have 16 years experience as a developer/architect including the last 12 as Senior Architect for the company I cofounded that now has a market cap of $60 million so I know a thing or two about building software

Interesting statement. Cofounder of a company with a market cap of $60 million. Why you try to penetrate the poker market for earning bucks only? Got a kick from your associate because you tried to be Mr. Know-It-All? I think your problem was that you have acted like a nonprofessional as you did in the new Poker Tracker thread.

Just do your work and don't give us trash stories about how good you are! 1:0 for Pat, Mike & Josh.
SpadeJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:42 PM   #254
rvg72
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,214
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

Quote:
RVG, here an excerpt from the new Poker Tracker thread.

Quote:

I do have a lot of respect for the work that you and Pat have done. On the other hand I have 16 years experience as a developer/architect including the last 12 as Senior Architect for the company I cofounded that now has a market cap of $60 million so I know a thing or two about building software

Interesting statement. Cofounder of a company with a market cap of $60 million. Why you try to penetrate the poker market for earning bucks only? Got a kick from your associate because you tried to be Mr. Know-It-All? I think your problem was that you have acted like a nonprofessional as you did in the new Poker Tracker thread.

Just do your work and don't give us trash stories about how good you are! 1:0 for Pat, Mike & Josh.
huh? lol. ok, for one, quote the whole thing next time. I was responding to an unfair comment he made.

secondly, I love to program and I love to play poker - that's why I'm doing this.

thirdly, I still work at my company.

Peace!

rvg
rvg72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:45 PM   #255
rvg72
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,214
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

Quote:
You state about a hand replayer. Would it be possible to make notes and these appear in the HUD. (as click pop-up)or something.
That's definately in the todo list.

rvg
rvg72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:46 PM   #256
rvg72
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,214
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

Quote:
For the HUD to have the ability to auto-calc and display in the HUD your current number of "BB"'s and "M" left for use in MTT's. Also for both MTT and Ring games things like Pot Odd's offered.

I know all these things are easy enough to work out, but if you have loads of tables going at once would be nice to just see those figures automatically.
Calculating and showing BB's and M will be in there but Pot odds probably not. In general I'll be avoid realtime calculations.

rvg
rvg72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 07:50 PM   #257
rvg72
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,214
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

Quote:
Question: I'm a little confused on the difference with TM and HM
As someone who used to play cash games but has moved to just playing MTT's and sats from now on...should i just buy TM or is HM worth it. I'm a bit of a software idiot so not even sure what I should be using it for short of reviewing a tourney HH and keeping track of my results etc
TM is completely geared towards tracking results while HM is more geared towards analysis at a hand by hand, player by player level and of course the HUD. The two programs will work together though so TM customer that buy HM will get some enhanced functionality.

Since you play primarily MTT's I'd probably suggest you wait for the HM beta and try it and then download a trial of Tourney Manager and see if will help you.

rvg
rvg72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:08 PM   #258
SpadeJack
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 60
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

Quote:

huh? lol. ok, for one, quote the whole thing next time. I was responding to an unfair comment he made.

secondly, I love to program and I love to play poker - that's why I'm doing this.

thirdly, I still work at my company.

Peace!

rvg
Got you. A professional would ignore me and would never response. But you are predictable.

1) You was responding to an unfair comment? Didn't see any. But never mind! And here the next advice for you as a "business man": You needn't justify yourself.

2) Maybe you love both things. But your aggressiveness related to introducing HM is enormously to believe it's just loving do it. You can tell this non business related people, but not me nor your competitors here.

3) This is possible. I wish I would time doing other things as a cofounder in a million $ company than make it more profitable.
SpadeJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:17 PM   #259
Sigurd
adept
 
Sigurd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Denmark
Posts: 1,074
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

Quote:
RVG, here an excerpt from the new Poker Tracker thread.

Quote:

I do have a lot of respect for the work that you and Pat have done. On the other hand I have 16 years experience as a developer/architect including the last 12 as Senior Architect for the company I cofounded that now has a market cap of $60 million so I know a thing or two about building software

Interesting statement. Cofounder of a company with a market cap of $60 million. Why you try to penetrate the poker market for earning bucks only? Got a kick from your associate because you tried to be Mr. Know-It-All? I think your problem was that you have acted like a nonprofessional as you did in the new Poker Tracker thread.

Just do your work and don't give us trash stories about how good you are! 1:0 for Pat, Mike & Josh.
I belive it was in response to this (PokerAce):
Quote:
There are problems with HoldemManager that I will not discuss, that lead not only myself, but other experienced developers to believe that it will not be "the next PokerTracker".
I belive that PokerAce commented on this:
Quote:

Um.... your posting this because Hold Em Manager is coming out soon and will make PokerTracker and your product obsolete. Please don't post under the guise of wanting to satisfy your customers; it's a little late for that. This is actually meant for PT and not PAHUD since I have never had a problem with your software or customer service. It just sucks that your product will be attached to PT.
Link to the thread, where all the quotes are taken from:
https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...;gonew=1#UNREAD

I do agree with your point about RVG needing to stop talking. In fact he needs to be locked in the basement with a computer and a feedtube, so he can finish that damn program!
Sigurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:19 PM   #260
Getafe22
stranger
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

Ok, I read through 17 of the pages and started going blind, couple of quick questions:

1) Will it come with some sort of tutorial/explanation of the different tools, why they are helpful and important? Or is it mainly designed for the experienced player who already understands it all.

2) Are you collecting the HH for testing? Or is the software coming with a set of HH built in?
Getafe22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:31 PM   #261
Sigurd
adept
 
Sigurd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Denmark
Posts: 1,074
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

Quote:
Ok, I read through 17 of the pages and started going blind, couple of quick questions:

1) Will it come with some sort of tutorial/explanation of the different tools, why they are helpful and important? Or is it mainly designed for the experienced player who already understands it all.

2) Are you collecting the HH for testing? Or is the software coming with a set of HH built in?
My impression, after reading this thread, and the HM forums:

1. There will be some kind of tutorial/help included.
I'm pretty sure that there will be a short explanation of why HM is awesome on the official website.

2. I'm pretty sure he doesn't need any more HHs, somewhere RVG wrote that he had tested it with x million hand and that there is a private alpha test (public beta will begin shortly). There are some threads on the official forum, and most of them end with "I have revieved xxx poker site HHs".
Come with a set of HH's built in? Why would anybody want that, you import your own HHs and look at them
Sigurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 08:33 PM   #262
Josem
human chemical weapon
 
Josem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Getting Trolled
Posts: 17,009
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

Quote:
Ok, I read through 17 of the pages and started going blind, couple of quick questions:

1) Will it come with some sort of tutorial/explanation of the different tools, why they are helpful and important? Or is it mainly designed for the experienced player who already understands it all.
A guide is being written.

Quote:
2) Are you collecting the HH for testing? Or is the software coming with a set of HH built in?
RVG has collected HHs from a number of sites. A full listing is at http://rvgsoftware.com/communityserver/forums/7.aspx

At this stage, I understand that no further sites will be supported at the public beta release but will be supported soon after release.

The software is not distributed with any hand histories - that is against the rules of most sites. It generates a new and blank database upon installation.
Josem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 11:05 AM   #263
jsnipes28
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
jsnipes28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 9,695
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

early release anyone?
jsnipes28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 12:35 PM   #264
TheIrishThug
Pooh-Bah
 
TheIrishThug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Belligerent and numerous
Posts: 5,223
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

It's the 15th in some parts of the world! I say release it now, it would be mean to make them wait the extra hours.
TheIrishThug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 01:14 PM   #265
Powers_That_Be
adept
 
Powers_That_Be's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Everyone's Solid
Posts: 978
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

I just hope he didn't mean July 15 2008
Powers_That_Be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 01:25 PM   #266
rvg72
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,214
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

Quote:
I just hope he didn't mean July 15 2008
You mean you thought I was talking about this year? I've spent all of my time so far photoshopping the screens so now I can get down to work for the next 367 days

The beta will released close to midnight tomorrow PST!

Everyone please remember that this is beta release 1 for a brand new program, not a product launch so expect there to be problems and also realize that certain things will be missing.

That being said, I think most of you will like it and at a minimum see what is now going to be possible

rvg
rvg72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 02:09 PM   #267
TheIrishThug
Pooh-Bah
 
TheIrishThug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Belligerent and numerous
Posts: 5,223
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

Quote:
The beta will released close to midnight tomorrow PST!
That's the opposite of what I suggested.
TheIrishThug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 02:41 PM   #268
george w
old hand
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: austin
Posts: 1,918
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

i hope the hand import runs in a seperate thread so that it doesn't affect my ability to use the program and that the program can check and import hands as soon as they happen rather than every 1 minute as poker tracker does.
george w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 02:56 PM   #269
rosso87
banned
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 272
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

its the 15th for me here in australia can you ship me the beta first

seriously i can't wait for this it looks so sick, maybe finally i can track the ton of hands i have from pkr.
rosso87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 03:18 PM   #270
TheProdigy
Pooh-Bah
 
TheProdigy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,467
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

Quote:
i hope the hand import runs in a seperate thread so that it doesn't affect my ability to use the program and that the program can check and import hands as soon as they happen rather than every 1 minute as poker tracker does.
It does run on a different thread..I'm not sure about the second thing though, is that even possible? I'm not sure of a way where it would be constantly be checking the folders for updates...I am personally ok with the 1 minute wait but he can chime in with more information

The program is shaping up very nicely..I found a couple problems and he has fixed them promptly already, so the support is good, and he has been adding new features like crazy..As he said, the beta will be rough on the edges but you will see the possibilities are endless here with all the filters etc etc.
TheProdigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 03:24 PM   #271
Dazarath
Pooh-Bah
 
Dazarath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: (>'.')>
Posts: 4,659
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

Quote:
It does run on a different thread..I'm not sure about the second thing though, is that even possible? I'm not sure of a way where it would be constantly be checking the folders for updates...I am personally ok with the 1 minute wait but he can chime in with more information

The program is shaping up very nicely..I found a couple problems and he has fixed them promptly already, so the support is good, and he has been adding new features like crazy..As he said, the beta will be rough on the edges but you will see the possibilities are endless here with all the filters etc etc.
This sounds very good.
Dazarath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 03:25 PM   #272
Shoe Lace
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 3,654
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

Quote:
I'm not sure of a way where it would be constantly be checking the folders for updates
.NET has a cute little class called FileSystemWatcher. It makes monitoring a file or directory nearly effortless.

It's much better than rigging a timer to check a directory. Simply because an event [or series of events] can take place as soon as the FileSystemWatcher fires a Changed event.
Shoe Lace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 04:51 PM   #273
rvg72
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,214
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

Quote:
Quote:
I'm not sure of a way where it would be constantly be checking the folders for updates
.NET has a cute little class called FileSystemWatcher. It makes monitoring a file or directory nearly effortless.

It's much better than rigging a timer to check a directory. Simply because an event [or series of events] can take place as soon as the FileSystemWatcher fires a Changed event.
Right now I'm using a timer on the manager (although this will probably change before real launch - just not high on the priority list) and the File System Watcher on the HUD. Auto importing on the manager is not really necesary though with HM. You will have close to real-time update of stats on the HUD without the performance hit of constantly writing to and querying the DB.

rvg
rvg72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 04:54 PM   #274
Shoe Lace
Pooh-Bah
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 3,654
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

Quote:
Auto importing on the manager is not really necesary though with HM. You will have close to real-time update of stats on the HUD without the performance hit of constantly writing to and querying the DB.
Sounds neat. I'll definitely be checking out your beta tomorrow.
Shoe Lace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 06:09 PM   #275
Hoopster81
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Hoopster81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Posts: 7,251
Re: New Software: Holdem Manager

Quote:
Quote:
Auto importing on the manager is not really necesary though with HM. You will have close to real-time update of stats on the HUD without the performance hit of constantly writing to and querying the DB.
Sounds neat. I'll definitely be checking out your beta tomorrow.
There's no HUD with this beta, right?
Hoopster81 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online