Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Commercial Software Discussion of commercial gambling-related / poker software & commercial graphics modifications

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2012, 08:48 AM   #626
denetomtom
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 9
Re: Flopzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissedtheBoom View Post
(I apologize if this has already been brought up or if it doesn't belong in this thread)

I just started using Flopzilla and I plan on running ranges against these 7 flop types:
-Ace High uncoordinated [A92r]
-High Card (non Ace) coordinated [KT2 two-tone]
-2 High Cards [AQ7r]
-Dry flop [Q72r]
-Wet flop [JT9 two-tone]
-Low flop [852]
-Paired flop [993]

Is this the kind of stuff you guys have been doing?
Are there interesting board textures that I've left out?
Being a newbie at poker I too would be interested in how the more experienced players amoung you use flopZilla to help improve your game.

So the more suggestions the better please.

Thanks Guys
denetomtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 05:54 AM   #627
MissedtheBoom
stranger
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 5
Re: Flopzilla

Hi tomtom,

Type "using flopzilla" into youtube and you'll find a great video (34 minutes long) about how to maximize flopzilla.

I'd like to take a systematic approach which is why I posted my question before. Drilling the most common scenarios seems like the best way to learn. Any of the veterans of this program have any useful pracitce methods involving flopzilla?
MissedtheBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #628
denetomtom
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 9
Re: Flopzilla

TY MissedtheBoom thats a good video, never thought to look on utube.

Very good viewing, will have to watch a few times to make sure I dont miss anything.
denetomtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 03:30 AM   #629
jarmop
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 860
Re: Flopzilla

My advice: Don't try to learn too many scenarios at once (you will not remember everything once you're playing at the tables).

Learn a few scenarios (memorize the number of possible combinations for each hand strenght). Then play keeping those combinations in mind until the knowledge comes automatically in corresponding situations and you know how to use it to your benefit. Then learn more.
jarmop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:04 PM   #630
MissedtheBoom
stranger
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 5
Re: Flopzilla

Thanks for input. I just want to make sure that Im following.

As an example of your suggestion:
5% Range against an unconnected ace high board (A92r)

3 sets
24 top pair
24 pocket pair below top pair
4 no made hand

You choose to memorize combinations instead of percentages. Does that make it easier (more useful) since you begin to visualize ranges instead of just numbers or is it simply a matter of preference for you?
MissedtheBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:01 AM   #631
jarmop
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 860
Re: Flopzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissedtheBoom View Post
Thanks for input. I just want to make sure that Im following.

As an example of your suggestion:
5% Range against an unconnected ace high board (A92r)

3 sets
24 top pair
24 pocket pair below top pair
4 no made hand

You choose to memorize combinations instead of percentages. Does that make it easier (more useful) since you begin to visualize ranges instead of just numbers or is it simply a matter of preference for you?
I wrote a long reply but my session timed out

In the end, percentages give a broad picture of ranges, while combinations give the details the ranges are made of. One needs both, but sticking only to percentages is like trying to learn to read without first learning the alphabet. When you know / can count possible hand combinations in changing situations and know how they affect the percentages/likelihoods, you basically have real-time Flopzilla in your head. :P
jarmop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:25 PM   #632
MissedtheBoom
stranger
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 5
Re: Flopzilla

Thanks for taking the time.

Your response makes a good deal of sense.

I have a vague understanding of combinatorics but I guess I'll have to make a stronger effort on the topic now.

Muchas Gracias
MissedtheBoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:36 AM   #633
jaxx
old hand
 
jaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,866
Re: Flopzilla

why don't we have combo draws on the turn - flushdraw+pair and similar?
jaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 06:11 AM   #634
scylla
Pooh-Bah
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,474
Re: Flopzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx View Post
why don't we have combo draws on the turn - flushdraw+pair and similar?
There's no room for all the combinations, but you cn filter for combo-draws manually yourself. Go to the desired draw, rightclick it to fix the popup. Now move over the made hand section.

Please notice that the filters in the popup each have a letter assigned to them: Filter is a, delete is b, no filter is c.

Press the letter of the filter you want to apply to the overlap. Custom filters will now be set for those hands.
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:54 PM   #635
tagWAG
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 324
Re: Flopzilla

great software.

is there a version that runs on ipad?
tagWAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 12:55 PM   #636
scylla
Pooh-Bah
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,474
Re: Flopzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagWAG View Post
great software.

is there a version that runs on ipad?
I'm afraid not.
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 03:43 AM   #637
Ezzalor
grinder
 
Ezzalor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Pot's the limit
Posts: 623
Re: Flopzilla

....

edit: nvm, figured it out : p
Ezzalor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:47 PM   #638
teebeedee
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 31
Re: Flopzilla

scylla, I've a newdefs.txt file shared by a poker buddy which I've copied into the Flopzilla / standard files folder but nothing has changed within Flopzilla GUI, also tried importing newdefs.txt with same result. Pls help, thanks.
teebeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:19 AM   #639
scylla
Pooh-Bah
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,474
Re: Flopzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by teebeedee View Post
scylla, I've a newdefs.txt file shared by a poker buddy which I've copied into the Flopzilla / standard files folder but nothing has changed within Flopzilla GUI, also tried importing newdefs.txt with same result. Pls help, thanks.
Hi TeeBeeDee,

Well, the ranges re stored in newdefs.txt, but it's possible that the newdefs.txt you're looking for is in another user directory than the one that's visible to you when you navigate to the installation directory.
It's a weird windows thing in some versions of windows where you're actually working in a hidden directory while you can only see the admin's directory.

Try and see if your ranges change to the default ones if you run Flopzilla by right-clicking its icon and selecting "run as administrator". In that case, when you run normally you're working in the "invisible" directory and if you run as admin you're working in the admin directory. Unfortunately I don't know how to get to the hidden user directory ...

Cheers,

Scylla
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:21 AM   #640
teebeedee
newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 31
Re: Flopzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by scylla View Post
Hi TeeBeeDee,

Well, the ranges re stored in newdefs.txt, but it's possible that the newdefs.txt you're looking for is in another user directory than the one that's visible to you when you navigate to the installation directory.
It's a weird windows thing in some versions of windows where you're actually working in a hidden directory while you can only see the admin's directory.

Try and see if your ranges change to the default ones if you run Flopzilla by right-clicking its icon and selecting "run as administrator". In that case, when you run normally you're working in the "invisible" directory and if you run as admin you're working in the admin directory. Unfortunately I don't know how to get to the hidden user directory ...

Cheers,

Scylla
Windows 7 64 bit O/S w latest version of Flopzilla - searching for newdefs.txt no previous file by that name exists, new search taking a while, options selected for all hidden folders and files.

Ah when run as Administrator I lose my presaved ranges and returns to default, also says license expires oops (I have a license). Removing check run as administrator - returns my ranges and license restored, no further changes made.

Search still in progress 10min +. Will update if file found elsewhere.
teebeedee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:48 AM   #641
scylla
Pooh-Bah
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,474
Re: Flopzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by teebeedee View Post
Windows 7 64 bit O/S w latest version of Flopzilla - searching for newdefs.txt no previous file by that name exists, new search taking a while, options selected for all hidden folders and files.

Ah when run as Administrator I lose my presaved ranges and returns to default, also says license expires oops (I have a license).
That's because it's a different directory; your key isn't in it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by teebeedee View Post
Removing check run as administrator - returns my ranges and license restored, no further changes made.
And this brings you back to the user directory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teebeedee View Post
Search still in progress 10min +. Will update if file found elsewhere.
Ok, let me know! It's undoubtedly possible to get to the "invisible" user directory, I just don't know how; I don't have this particular version of Windows.

Last edited by scylla; 03-04-2012 at 09:02 AM.
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:45 AM   #642
mjackson
journeyman
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 210
Re: Flopzilla

Small annoyance but the mouse-over equity popup box for the hotness tool is leaving my screen for diamond and spade hands so that I can't read it. Is there any way to fix that?
mjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 04:16 PM   #643
UserName888
stranger
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9
Re: Flopzilla

Hi Scylla,

Thanks for a very intuitive program.

Is it possible to manually type a percentage range instead of using the slider bar? That would be a very convenient functionality.

I would also like to know if Flopzilla is able to read txt files generated by PT3? Are there any modifications I should make? It would be much more convenient to import my HH for postmorten analyses rather than clicking all the time.
UserName888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:29 PM   #644
scylla
Pooh-Bah
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,474
Re: Flopzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjackson View Post
Small annoyance but the mouse-over equity popup box for the hotness tool is leaving my screen for diamond and spade hands so that I can't read it. Is there any way to fix that?
Oops, forgot to answer this one.

Could you please show a screenshot?

I'll fix it for the next release, which will be at the end of the month.
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:31 PM   #645
scylla
Pooh-Bah
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,474
Re: Flopzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName888 View Post
Hi Scylla,

Thanks for a very intuitive program.

Is it possible to manually type a percentage range instead of using the slider bar? That would be a very convenient functionality.
Yes, just click where the percentage is written and you'll be able to type in a number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName888 View Post
I would also like to know if Flopzilla is able to read txt files generated by PT3? Are there any modifications I should make? It would be much more convenient to import my HH for postmorten analyses rather than clicking all the time.
Other than the ability of reading the board and reading hero's hand I don't think much can be deduced from a hh that would save you much clicking. You would still need to enter villain's range and any relevant filters yourself.
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:52 PM   #646
UserName888
stranger
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9
Re: Flopzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by scylla View Post

the ability of reading the board and reading hero's hand
That would be perfect!
UserName888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:57 PM   #647
scylla
Pooh-Bah
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,474
Re: Flopzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName888 View Post
That would be perfect!
It would really add very very little to the software since just entering the board yourself would require a similar amount of clicks. I would need to spend considerable time on such a feature, as well as assigning a separate menu item to it. In the end the only difference would be that a user would need to go click-click-click in the menu instead of doing click-click-click on the board. It's just not worth the effort.
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:04 PM   #648
mr.peach
enthusiast
 
mr.peach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 67
Re: Flopzilla

silly question might be retarded..

I can't manage so save my preflop ranges. When I try to load the saved file, it always appears as the standard pre defined ranges.

Do I have to save it in a specific format??
mr.peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:31 PM   #649
scylla
Pooh-Bah
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,474
Re: Flopzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.peach View Post
silly question might be retarded..

I can't manage so save my preflop ranges. When I try to load the saved file, it always appears as the standard pre defined ranges.

Do I have to save it in a specific format??
Try running as admin.
To do so, right-click the program's icon and select "run as administrator".
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:20 AM   #650
UserName888
stranger
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 9
Re: Flopzilla

I am using both Sklansky-Chubukov, HU and Pokerstove rankings.

It is a little bit tedious to manually edit the nolimit.txt file (i.e. exchange/overwrite nolimit.txt) each time I need to consider another ranking - which I often do since I shift between 6max and HU (the rankings are vastly different making it problematic to use for instance the default Pokerstove ranking for HU).

Is it possible to add a feature such that one can change the ranking using the menu bar? I know that Slice has such a feature. This function is very handy.
UserName888 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online