Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Commercial Software Discussion of commercial gambling-related / poker software & commercial graphics modifications

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2011, 02:04 PM   #326
Aquadougs
veteran
 
Aquadougs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 3,296
Re: Flopzilla!!! Flop texture analysis

Where is the excel button? Is it gone? If so, why? When I use flopzilla, I always use that button.
Aquadougs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 10:13 AM   #327
Verde
grinder
 
Verde's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 430
Re: Flopzilla!!! Flop texture analysis

A fold out hands button would be nice. This is how I would like it to work:

I mark the hands I believe my opponent will continue with. And fold out the rest. So If I think he have Middle Pair or better + Flush Draw. I want to be able to select those hands and also export them to Pokerstove.

Also I can't import specific hands like Th8h from Pokerstove, can this be done?
Verde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2011, 03:24 PM   #328
_neff_
grinder
 
_neff_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 662
Re: Flopzilla!!! Flop texture analysis

just got this software and like it very much.

i agree with the others who are requesting that you be able to unselect the hands that missed the flop. this wouldn't clutter the interface and make turn and river analysis much easier.

nice work. thanks, scylla.
_neff_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:45 PM   #329
scylla
Pooh-Bah
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,474
Re: Flopzilla!!! Flop texture analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquadougs View Post
Where is the excel button? Is it gone? If so, why? When I use flopzilla, I always use that button.
First of all, sorry for my late response.
I've been really tired lately, probably coming down with the flue.
I've mostly been lying around the house for the past few days, and have neglected this thread a bit.

Anyhow, I've moved that feature to the menu since it was mostly a secondary feature, but it appears something went a bit wrong since the menu item has not been added.
I'll post a beta in a bit with the feature in it.
scylla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:48 PM   #330
scylla
Pooh-Bah
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,474
Re: Flopzilla!!! Flop texture analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verde View Post
A fold out hands button would be nice. This is how I would like it to work:

I mark the hands I believe my opponent will continue with. And fold out the rest. So If I think he have Middle Pair or better + Flush Draw. I want to be able to select those hands and also export them to Pokerstove.
Definitely thinking about how to best accomplish this, but haven't decided yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verde View Post
Also I can't import specific hands like Th8h from Pokerstove, can this be done?
The preflop ranges do not include suits and I don't think I'll be adding that.
It's mostly something that can be added by filtering for flushdraws and such, which should be accomplished with filters.
scylla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:27 AM   #331
Kaon
enthusiast
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 68
Re: Flopzilla!!! Flop texture analysis

+1 on a PLO version.
Kaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 07:56 AM   #332
Watermelons8
grinder
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 453
Re: Flopzilla!!! Flop texture analysis

does Flopzilla work on Macs?
Watermelons8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 07:56 PM   #333
czGLoRy
Pooh-Bah
 
czGLoRy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Chiang Mai Thailand
Posts: 3,580
Re: Flopzilla!!! Flop texture analysis

Is there a way to weight just flush draws postflop? for example, opponent has a range that has w/e in it, including 56s, 67s, 78s. On the Qc 7c 2s flop he flats a check raise. I want to exclude half of his flush draws (he might shove half the time for example). If you weight 56s "50%" wouldn't that just mean 50% of the time he can have 5c6c,5s6s,5h6h,5d6d? I would prefer if I could weight just "flush draws" to 50%, or "sets" to 50%.

Also, what are the check marks, is there any use besides unchecking a certain hand to see how often the range hits? would be nice to say "check" nothing to remove all the "nothings" from his range.

thans
czGLoRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 08:34 AM   #334
scylla
Pooh-Bah
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,474
Re: Flopzilla!!! Flop texture analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by czGLoRy View Post
Is there a way to weight just flush draws postflop? for example, opponent has a range that has w/e in it, including 56s, 67s, 78s. On the Qc 7c 2s flop he flats a check raise. I want to exclude half of his flush draws (he might shove half the time for example). If you weight 56s "50%" wouldn't that just mean 50% of the time he can have 5c6c,5s6s,5h6h,5d6d? I would prefer if I could weight just "flush draws" to 50%, or "sets" to 50%.
Not at the moment, but I have some ideas of how to tackle this.
I'm just going to wait a bit before applying it though to let the ideas "solidify" in my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by czGLoRy View Post
Also, what are the check marks, is there any use besides unchecking a certain hand to see how often the range hits?
The checkmarks are used to see how often a certain range hits, nothing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by czGLoRy View Post
Would be nice to say "check" nothing to remove all the "nothings" from his range.
Working on it, see first comment. I think I'm slowly arriving at an idea that should be intuļtive and easy to use. But I need some more time to think about it.
scylla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:05 AM   #335
jaxx
old hand
 
jaxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,866
Re: New Software: Flopzilla! (flop texture analysis)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxx View Post
....
one button somewhere on the screen which will clear the part of the range which is not selected with red check in front of it in the Statistics (i.e to clear the 'not hit' cards)

....

this way you can easily do fast turn and river analysis:
for instance you select 50% of the hands for preflop range, then you see which hands hit the flop and you can clear the hands which are nothing and ace high and continue for the turn by selecting another card on the board
Hi Scylla,
what do you think about my idea?
Thanks
jaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:25 PM   #336
Googs
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 442
Re: Flopzilla!!! Flop texture analysis

This may have been suggested or will be too hard, but what about adding a feature where we can set it up to show, i.e., only flops that hit the range 20-35% of the time when we hit "Random"?
Googs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:37 AM   #337
scylla
Pooh-Bah
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,474
Re: Flopzilla!!! Flop texture analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googs View Post
This may have been suggested or will be too hard, but what about adding a feature where we can set it up to show, i.e., only flops that hit the range 20-35% of the time when we hit "Random"?
It's a fine suggestion. However, the problem wouldn't be that it would be too hard (it's not), it's just that I try to be careful in adding features if I suspect there's only a very small group of users that will know it's there, what it does and how to use it.
The solution to that would be to make the feature really noticable.
However, the amount of screen space and website text+space that would require would completely detract from the main purpose of the software.
In the end, when designing software, there's only so much you can put in one product.

Last edited by scylla; 03-03-2011 at 08:51 AM.
scylla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 01:03 PM   #338
Googs
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 442
Re: Flopzilla!!! Flop texture analysis

Makes sense. Thanks scylla.
Googs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 05:53 PM   #339
Filet-O-Fish
grinder
 
Filet-O-Fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 491
Re: Flopzilla!!! Flop texture analysis

When I'm trying to update my current version I get a message from F-Secure saying that it has found a trojan horse...anyone else having the same experience?
Filet-O-Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 07:13 AM   #340
scylla
Pooh-Bah
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,474
Re: Flopzilla!!! Flop texture analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet-O-Fish View Post
When I'm trying to update my current version I get a message from F-Secure saying that it has found a trojan horse...anyone else having the same experience?
It's a false positive and I'm working on resolving it.
It's a bit harder than normally though, since the problem is hard to reproduce.
For now I'll just tinker with the settings until hopefully I figure out how to prevent the false report.

Cheers,

Scylla
scylla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 03:46 PM   #341
Filet-O-Fish
grinder
 
Filet-O-Fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 491
Re: Flopzilla!!! Flop texture analysis

Thanks!
Filet-O-Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 04:54 AM   #342
mike1601
centurion
 
mike1601's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 192
Re: Flopzilla!!! Flop texture analysis

Hope you can fix this soon

I have my 25$ ready for your great program !
mike1601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 07:13 AM   #343
scylla
Pooh-Bah
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,474
Re: Flopzilla!!! Flop texture analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1601 View Post
Hope you can fix this soon

I have my 25$ ready for your great program !
It's going to be a couple of days.
I'm currently forcing myself through remaking the instructional videos for CardRunnersEV (it's sooooooo much work).
After that I'll see if I can fix the issue.
scylla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:27 PM   #344
Googs
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 442
Re: Flopzilla!!! Flop texture analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by scylla View Post
It's going to be a couple of days.
I'm currently forcing myself through remaking the instructional videos for CardRunnersEV (it's sooooooo much work).
After that I'll see if I can fix the issue.
Woooo thanks scylla!
Googs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:20 AM   #345
scylla
Pooh-Bah
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,474
Re: Flopzilla!!! Flop texture analysis

Ok, I've posted an update that, as far as I can tell from www.virustotal.com, will fix the false positive issue.

Just run the software as admin (rightclick the icon and select "run as administrator") and the software should auto-update.
scylla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 12:31 PM   #346
Filet-O-Fish
grinder
 
Filet-O-Fish's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 491
Re: Flopzilla!!! Flop texture analysis

Works perfectly fine now, thanks!
Filet-O-Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:52 AM   #347
mike1601
centurion
 
mike1601's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 192
Re: Flopzilla!!! Flop texture analysis

money shipped
mike1601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:47 PM   #348
rowhousepd
grinder
 
rowhousepd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 630
Re: Flopzilla!!! Flop texture analysis

Sorry if this has been answered, but I couldn't find it by searching this thread.

How are the starting hand rankings determined? It can't be the same method that PokerStove uses (which I believe is 4 players all-in). I'm puzzled as to why, for example, when you drag the bar on the bottom of the starting hands selection screen to 23%, you get a hand like 65s but not A8o. I'm finding that every time I plug in a scenario, I have to turn a LOT of hands on/off to accurately reflect a villain's range. Seems kind of off, imo. Thanks.
rowhousepd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 05:39 AM   #349
scylla
Pooh-Bah
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,474
Re: Flopzilla!!! Flop texture analysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowhousepd View Post
Sorry if this has been answered, but I couldn't find it by searching this thread.

How are the starting hand rankings determined? It can't be the same method that PokerStove uses (which I believe is 4 players all-in). I'm puzzled as to why, for example, when you drag the bar on the bottom of the starting hands selection screen to 23%, you get a hand like 65s but not A8o. I'm finding that every time I plug in a scenario, I have to turn a LOT of hands on/off to accurately reflect a villain's range. Seems kind of off, imo. Thanks.
Hi,

In order to get the pokerstove range, turn the button in the upper left of the starting hand section from "no limit" to "limit".
In my opinion, the pokerstove range works fine for limit, but for no limit it makes no sense to only add a hand like 22 at 60%.
For that reason I created my own ranges for no limit.

Cheers,

Scylla
scylla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 05:25 PM   #350
rowhousepd
grinder
 
rowhousepd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 630
Re: Flopzilla!!! Flop texture analysis

Is there a way to re-order the preset hands you create? I'm making a bunch of them (open raise hands by position, limp hands for 20/10 villain, 20/15, 25/10, etc., 3bet ranges), and it would be helpful to be able to organize them all a little more. Is this possible?
rowhousepd is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online