Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Commercial Software Discussion of commercial gambling-related / poker software & commercial graphics modifications

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2014, 07:30 PM   #126
Glassofbeer
newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Somewhere in Finland
Posts: 25
Re: Combonator

Hey hood i am thinking about buying the combinator i really like the calculator however is it also possible to do multiple street EV calculation postflop? So eg. calculate turn EV for certain spots with regard of flopplay (so not only isolated turn)

thanks
Glassofbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 05:04 PM   #127
risk2Dupside
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 772
Re: Combonator

Something else really cool would be to have the Invert function replicated in Postflop mode; when I'm thinking about spots where I'm checking back it would be a heap easier to punch in the hands that I would bet, then invert it.
risk2Dupside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:19 PM   #128
Zarathoustra
centurion
 
Zarathoustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Between a Casino and a PC
Posts: 188
Re: Combonator

Grunch.
Hey,

I want to make a suggestion for a feature that would be super useful : a "Random" option in the dropdown list of the "Range %" tab (in addition to "Top" and "Bottom").

When we want to export the ranges to other softwares like CREV or use the ranges for whatever other reason we can't use the weighting mode, so it would be great if had the possibility to just remove randomly a certain number of combos in a range.

I use combonator for a long time and I can't count how many times I regretted not having this option.

Do you think it's feasible?
Zarathoustra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:01 PM   #129
Hood
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Hood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 99 problems but a TT+ just ship pf
Posts: 6,630
Re: Combonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rh300487 View Post
Is something like this is possible?

https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...&postcount=143
Sorry, I've ready through that post a couple of times and i'm really not clear at all what you're suggesting.

Quote:
--

Might have been mentioned before but where would you believe your program excels vs it's concurents (flopzilla, pokerranger etc)?
Flopzilla vs combonator: https://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...&postcount=106

PokerRanger i'm not familiar with.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassofbeer View Post
Hey hood i am thinking about buying the combinator i really like the calculator however is it also possible to do multiple street EV calculation postflop? So eg. calculate turn EV for certain spots with regard of flopplay (so not only isolated turn)

thanks
No, that's not possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by risk2Dupside View Post
Something else really cool would be to have the Invert function replicated in Postflop mode; when I'm thinking about spots where I'm checking back it would be a heap easier to punch in the hands that I would bet, then invert it.
You can pretty much do this with a ocuple of clicks. Just select another (unused) group and click 'all', this will select all ungrouped combos. That group now holds the inverse of the selection.

Alternatively, you can do 'set range by selection' and chose "set locked range to all ungrouped hands'. ie it removes all grouped hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathoustra View Post
Grunch.
Hey,

I want to make a suggestion for a feature that would be super useful : a "Random" option in the dropdown list of the "Range %" tab (in addition to "Top" and "Bottom").

When we want to export the ranges to other softwares like CREV or use the ranges for whatever other reason we can't use the weighting mode, so it would be great if had the possibility to just remove randomly a certain number of combos in a range.

I use combonator for a long time and I can't count how many times I regretted not having this option.

Do you think it's feasible?
Yeah that's something i've wanted to add for a while. I actually see the optoin being in the 'add only/overwrite/remove" dropdown - some form of 'random' then then prompts you to enter a % or # of combos. Then clicking 'GO' would add a random selection of combos that match the criteria.
Hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:44 PM   #130
Zarathoustra
centurion
 
Zarathoustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Between a Casino and a PC
Posts: 188
Re: Combonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hood View Post
Yeah that's something i've wanted to add for a while. I actually see the optoin being in the 'add only/overwrite/remove" dropdown - some form of 'random' then then prompts you to enter a % or # of combos. Then clicking 'GO' would add a random selection of combos that match the criteria.
Thanks for quick answer!

Imho, although your method has the benefit to allow to make the selection directly, I also think that it would force you to add a special percentage pop-up and I don't really see the need for that.

On the other hand, in the "Range %" tab, we already have a percentage box ready and a dropdown list for choosing to which group we want to apply the percentage.
It's just that instead of removing the top/bottom of a range it removes a random percentage.

Also with this method we would be able to make modifications to complete group, just like it works for a weighting, instead of having to repeat the operation each time for each type of hand.
For example if I have a group with all my draws and I want to keep only 30% of them we just select "Random" - 70% - Group X - remove - and the modification is applied to the whole group.

When we choose "Random" in the dropdown list the "rank combos by..." should be greyed or disapear.

But that's just my 2 cents, both methods are OK, and as long as we are able to have a random selection, I would be glad...

Last edited by Zarathoustra; 04-07-2014 at 07:14 PM.
Zarathoustra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:06 PM   #131
Zarathoustra
centurion
 
Zarathoustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Between a Casino and a PC
Posts: 188
Re: Combonator

While I am here, how can you paste or enter manually a range into combonator?
Is the only way is to make a text file? Even with this method I can't make it work. If I copy/paste a range from CREV or Equilab it doesn't seem to work... maybe that is because there are suit selected hands..?

Last edited by Zarathoustra; 04-07-2014 at 07:12 PM.
Zarathoustra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:23 AM   #132
Anthonyfontaine
stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1
Re: Combonator

Hood,
This program is just the nuts! I am going to skip the free download and just get the full version! you have done a great job and as I can see work very hard to work out the bugs. Keep up the commitment and I am sure the combonator will be the go to standard.

Thank you for taking all the suggestions and integrating the ones you see that are of use.
Anthony
Anthonyfontaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 04:32 AM   #133
Hood
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Hood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 99 problems but a TT+ just ship pf
Posts: 6,630
Re: Combonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathoustra View Post
While I am here, how can you paste or enter manually a range into combonator?
Is the only way is to make a text file? Even with this method I can't make it work. If I copy/paste a range from CREV or Equilab it doesn't seem to work... maybe that is because there are suit selected hands..?
You can type/paste directly into the preflop range tab under Player 1 or Player 2.
Hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:31 AM   #134
Zarathoustra
centurion
 
Zarathoustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Between a Casino and a PC
Posts: 188
Re: Combonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hood View Post
You can type/paste directly into the preflop range tab under Player 1 or Player 2.
Oh...Thanks, so easy!
I tried this but I guess that was after going back and forth to postflop mode so I couldn't modify the field manually. For some reason, when you enter a first range by clicking on the matrix, then go to postflop, enter a flop, and then go back to preflop and try right away to delete the range in the player 1 field, it keeps repoping. Apparently we have to wait a little before being able to make modifications. Anyway, thanks
Zarathoustra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:24 AM   #135
Googs
grinder
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 442
Re: Combonator

Hi Hood,

Any way to add "PokerRanger" as an external equity calculator please?

Thanks!
Googs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 12:56 PM   #136
HeyitsClay
grinder
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 407
Re: Combonator

I want to give combonator a try but every time I open it i get this error

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "combonator.py", line 8, in <module>
File "gui\mainframe.pyo", line 18, in <module>
File "gui\setboardpanel.pyo", line 21, in <module>
File "lib\pt4.pyo", line 202, in <module>
File "lib\pt4.pyo", line 128, in get_tags
psycopg2.ProgrammingError: relation "lookup_tags" does not exist
LINE 1: select id_tag, tag, icon from lookup_tags where enum_type='H...
^

tried to re install a few times, run as administrator and googled around for any info I could find and cant find anything
HeyitsClay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 02:36 PM   #137
HeyitsClay
grinder
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 407
Re: Combonator

Oh, too late to edit my post but on the bottom of your website where it says

home :: buy it :: help :: blog :: contact

Buy it and help links are reversed, buy it goes to help and help goes to buy =D
HeyitsClay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 02:34 PM   #138
Omahyo
enthusiast
 
Omahyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 64
Re: Combonator

Can I save pf ranges?
Omahyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:08 AM   #139
BiggerBoots
adept
 
BiggerBoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 741
Re: Combonator

Are there any videos to show how people are using this to improve there game? Instructional sites or otherwise?
BiggerBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:20 AM   #140
Hood
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Hood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 99 problems but a TT+ just ship pf
Posts: 6,630
Re: Combonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googs View Post
Hi Hood,

Any way to add "PokerRanger" as an external equity calculator please?

Thanks!
I'll look into this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyitsClay View Post
I want to give combonator a try but every time I open it i get this error

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "combonator.py", line 8, in <module>
File "gui\mainframe.pyo", line 18, in <module>
File "gui\setboardpanel.pyo", line 21, in <module>
File "lib\pt4.pyo", line 202, in <module>
File "lib\pt4.pyo", line 128, in get_tags
psycopg2.ProgrammingError: relation "lookup_tags" does not exist
LINE 1: select id_tag, tag, icon from lookup_tags where enum_type='H...
^

tried to re install a few times, run as administrator and googled around for any info I could find and cant find anything
Sorry about that, there's an issue with PokerTracker integration i believe, possibly after a recent upgrade (although it works fine for me and i have the latest beta of PT so not sure what's going on).

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyitsClay View Post
Oh, too late to edit my post but on the bottom of your website where it says

home :: buy it :: help :: blog :: contact

Buy it and help links are reversed, buy it goes to help and help goes to buy =D
Thanks, i'll get that fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omahyo View Post
Can I save pf ranges?
Yes, right-click on box for all editing features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerBoots View Post
Are there any videos to show how people are using this to improve there game? Instructional sites or otherwise?
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=combonator

I also think there's been some use in vids on deuces cracked, drag the bar and pokerstrategy, probably others.
Hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:53 AM   #141
BiggerBoots
adept
 
BiggerBoots's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 741
Re: Combonator

Is there is no turn and river analysis? Just bought it and can't seem to get that working. Really sucks if not because I just bought it and am now feeling like I will never use it. Just assumed there would be.
BiggerBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 12:11 PM   #142
Hood
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Hood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 99 problems but a TT+ just ship pf
Posts: 6,630
Re: Combonator

Sure, you can put in the turn and river card under 'board' in the bottom left. You can do range analysis on 3, 4 or 5-card boards.
Hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 12:18 PM   #143
Breich
Micros Good Cop
 
Breich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: a home game near you
Posts: 3,020
Re: Combonator

I've emailed about this before. Could a function be implemented in post-flop mode to map a suit selection to an entire group? Currently I have to suit select each hand on the combo matrix per group. And, I have to deselect the combo from the group, and then reselect, which then shades that cell to be darker than the others in the group (signifying the suit selection). Doing this for every hand in a group is relatively tedious and annoying. I haven't a clue what you program your source code in, but map() is an easy generic function. Or you could just throw in a function that recurses through each hand of the group until the suit selection is applied. Which would take nothing more than a button below the suit selection matrix.

Last edited by Breich; 07-15-2014 at 12:23 PM.
Breich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 04:03 AM   #144
Hood
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Hood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 99 problems but a TT+ just ship pf
Posts: 6,630
Re: Combonator

I hadn't seen this request for email.

Does Suit Selection Mode not do what you want? This is basically "map a suit selection to an entire group" > enter SSM, select the combos, then click on all the hands in the grid.

I think i understand what you want - you already have a group selection, and you want to apply suit selection to it (which in affect means you want to remove suits in batch from a group).

That's not possible right now, certainly feasible as a feature to add, but i haven't had any other requests for doing this. I don't think many others work in this way; rather, they use SSM for making the original selection. Or using auto-selection for doing suit-based group selection (using flush-draw filters)
Hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 07:22 AM   #145
Breich
Micros Good Cop
 
Breich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: a home game near you
Posts: 3,020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hood View Post
I hadn't seen this request for email.

Does Suit Selection Mode not do what you want? This is basically "map a suit selection to an entire group" > enter SSM, select the combos, then click on all the hands in the grid.

I think i understand what you want - you already have a group selection, and you want to apply suit selection to it (which in affect means you want to remove suits in batch from a group).

That's not possible right now, certainly feasible as a feature to add, but i haven't had any other requests for doing this. I don't think many others work in this way; rather, they use SSM for making the original selection. Or using auto-selection for doing suit-based group selection (using flush-draw filters)
Yeah I sent an email over a year ago but I don't think my intent was well explained--and you/someone else told me the same reasoning as above (for using suit selection).
Breich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 08:59 PM   #146
alkaatch
journeyman
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Pilsen, Czech Republic
Posts: 237
Re: Combonator

Hello,
I would like to ask something about the calculator function. Is there a way to use two groups in the calculation? Lets say we are on the river, I check to my opponent with the plan of checkraising and he bets/calls with group1,betfolds group2 ad checkbacks rest of the hands (might be group 3 or all ungrupped). This should be easy calculation, but I am not able make variables like {combos-group-1} and {combos-group-2}. I can do stuff like referencing to group 1 with combos group, then referencing group 2 with combosallgroup - combosgroup etc but this gets messy and doesnt work for more complicated scenarios.

My problem is that we have only 2 selections in the automatic variables (combos in group and a dropdown for choosing one group, equity vs group and another dropdown). I need two or three dropdowns for combos in group/equity vs group.
alkaatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 02:17 AM   #147
risk2Dupside
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 772
Re: Combonator

I know I've mentioned it before, but it would be super useful if you could add some deeper functionality on backdoor flushdraws (3-flush). Like say the board is Qc5c3h, I might only want to isolate specific backdoor hearts and specific backdoor clubs and there really is no simple way to do this.
risk2Dupside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 07:59 AM   #148
Hood
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Hood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 99 problems but a TT+ just ship pf
Posts: 6,630
Re: Combonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkaatch View Post
Hello,
I would like to ask something about the calculator function. Is there a way to use two groups in the calculation? Lets say we are on the river, I check to my opponent with the plan of checkraising and he bets/calls with group1,betfolds group2 ad checkbacks rest of the hands (might be group 3 or all ungrupped). This should be easy calculation, but I am not able make variables like {combos-group-1} and {combos-group-2}. I can do stuff like referencing to group 1 with combos group, then referencing group 2 with combosallgroup - combosgroup etc but this gets messy and doesnt work for more complicated scenarios.

My problem is that we have only 2 selections in the automatic variables (combos in group and a dropdown for choosing one group, equity vs group and another dropdown). I need two or three dropdowns for combos in group/equity vs group.
Hmm yes, that's a problem. Really, what we want is if there are multiple {combo-group}'s, then you get two separate dropdowns, right? That would seem to be the most flexible. Although you're going to have a labeling issue there.
Hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 07:59 AM   #149
Hood
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Hood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 99 problems but a TT+ just ship pf
Posts: 6,630
Re: Combonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by risk2Dupside View Post
I know I've mentioned it before, but it would be super useful if you could add some deeper functionality on backdoor flushdraws (3-flush). Like say the board is Qc5c3h, I might only want to isolate specific backdoor hearts and specific backdoor clubs and there really is no simple way to do this.
What kind of specifics?
Hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 09:36 PM   #150
risk2Dupside
adept
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 772
Re: Combonator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hood View Post
What kind of specifics?
Say the board is Qc5c3h, and I want to isolate all Kc and Jc backdoor clubs or backdoor hearts using certain holecards and not others. The problem I'm getting at is if you start selecting 3-flush hands you get all kinds of rando clubs like Jd2c which no one really considers a bdfd for barreling purposes, and you have to go through and deselect a heap of stuff.
risk2Dupside is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online