Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Commercial Software Discussion of commercial gambling-related / poker software & commercial graphics modifications

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2012, 04:02 AM   #2451
Ssslipnssslide
grinder
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 529
Re: CardRunnersEV

hello everyone,
I just purchased the software and I am excited to learn how to use it. I opened the program and of course with no prior knowledge cannot use it at all. What is the best way to begin learning how to use this powerful tool? I know there are videos on CR and there is a written manual, but are there any other better ways to jump start my learning curve or is this pretty much it?
Ssslipnssslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:18 AM   #2452
scylla
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,267
Re: CardRunnersEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssslipnssslide View Post
hello everyone,
I just purchased the software and I am excited to learn how to use it. I opened the program and of course with no prior knowledge cannot use it at all. What is the best way to begin learning how to use this powerful tool? I know there are videos on CR and there is a written manual, but are there any other better ways to jump start my learning curve or is this pretty much it?
Well, as the author I offer the video manual that is available at CardRunners.com, as well as the written manual that is linked to in the software's startup screen.
I'm also working on a youtube video series, which is currently only partially finished.
You can find links to these videos in the beta's startup screen under the "Videos" button.
There's been quite a delay in the production of these videos due to all sorts of unexpected events; another reason is that I've taken some time to make an instructional video series on Flopzilla, which can be found here: http://www.cardrunners-ev-calculator...llaVideos.html

Unfortunately, the production of the youtube video series will again be delayed by some weeks. It's very unfortunate, since my goal was to have everything finished by the end of 2012. It will now probably be finished in January 2013. My apologies for the delay.

Cheers,

Scylla
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:49 PM   #2453
JudgeHoldem1848
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,467
Re: CardRunnersEV

In alpha its possible to define conditions specifically for 3rd and 4th pair however in beta it seems these conditions are not available. They can be very useful for some situations, for example establishing a villain calling range for which a vbet will be profitable. It is possible to emulate 3rd and 4th pair by using holecards, but it is not elegant and involves reprogramming the tree for every new situation which for multiple decision nodes can be cumbersome, not to mention the wacky results that ensue when you have some custom condition accidentally left over from a previous analysis that you don't catch and which has nothing to do with the current hand, e.g villain folds any hc:value(j) on a TK3 flop because last time the tree was used J was 3rd pair. Is there a way to define specific conditions for 3rd and 4th pair in Beta?
JudgeHoldem1848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 02:54 PM   #2454
scylla
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,267
Re: CardRunnersEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeHoldem1848 View Post
In alpha its possible to define conditions specifically for 3rd and 4th pair however in beta it seems these conditions are not available.
No, they're available.
Just select "One pair".
In the column to the right a sub-column "Value of pair" will appear.

Cheers,

Scylla
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:31 PM   #2455
JudgeHoldem1848
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,467
Re: CardRunnersEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by scylla View Post
No, they're available.
Just select "One pair".
In the column to the right a sub-column "Value of pair" will appear.

Cheers,

Scylla
Thanks.
JudgeHoldem1848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:33 PM   #2456
JudgeHoldem1848
veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,467
Re: CardRunnersEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeHoldem1848 View Post
Thanks.
Don't know how I missed that last one they're all right there on the side.

Now I was wondering with the optimal exploitive range tool if it is possible to determine a villain's optimal calling range once the villain has already taken an action on that street. The example I'm working on is where I have kd9d on a Td8h7d flop in position. I bet pot sized 4 villain raises 11. I put him on >=tp, oesd, fd, gs+1p. Now I shove but I would like to know from this point only what villains optimal exploitive calling range is. Unfortunately the tool is actually backing up a step and calculating villains optimal range for the original raise as well, where he raised my cbet 11. Is there any way to restrict the optimal range tool to just the point in question where villain actions have already been taken on that street?
JudgeHoldem1848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:38 PM   #2457
scylla
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,267
Re: CardRunnersEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudgeHoldem1848 View Post
Don't know how I missed that last one they're all right there on the side.

Now I was wondering with the optimal exploitive range tool if it is possible to determine a villain's optimal calling range once the villain has already taken an action on that street. The example I'm working on is where I have kd9d on a Td8h7d flop in position. I bet pot sized 4 villain raises 11. I put him on >=tp, oesd, fd, gs+1p. Now I shove but I would like to know from this point only what villains optimal exploitive calling range is. Unfortunately the tool is actually backing up a step and calculating villains optimal range for the original raise as well, where he raised my cbet 11. Is there any way to restrict the optimal range tool to just the point in question where villain actions have already been taken on that street?
Could you please mail a savefile to support?
It typically makes it easier to anwer questions, due to the chance of miscommunication when describing a situation verbally.

Last edited by scylla; 11-09-2012 at 05:56 PM.
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:06 AM   #2458
ServerBTest002
grinder
 
ServerBTest002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 562
Re: CardRunnersEV

Hi Scylla, I'm interested in your software, however, does it support only hold'em or even omaha? If not, are you planning of adding it?
ServerBTest002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 11:13 AM   #2459
scylla
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,267
Re: CardRunnersEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by ServerBTest002 View Post
Hi Scylla, I'm interested in your software, however, does it support only hold'em or even omaha? If not, are you planning of adding it?
CardRunnersEV is software for hold'em.
There's no plans for an omaha version.
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:44 AM   #2460
epix-
adept
 
epix-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,066
Re: CardRunnersEV

where can i find the official flopzilla website? i found one, looks like a scam to me (sorry?)

also is it free? is there a trial?
epix- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 07:01 AM   #2461
scylla
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,267
Re: CardRunnersEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by epix- View Post
where can i find the official flopzilla website?
Please go to www.flopzilla.com.
You'll be forwarded to the official site.
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:21 PM   #2462
Rythm
old hand
 
Rythm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dublin/Sweden
Posts: 1,576
Re: CardRunnersEV

Hi, I'm considering buying your software but it seems I will have a bit of an issue with the way you issue your licenses:

My girlfriend just moved to another country because of work and it will take me some time to move completely as well. In the meantime I will be spending most of my time here, where my only computer is a desktop that I will definitely want to use CREV on if I buy it. However, when I go visit her I won't be able to play on Stars/FTP where I want to play and so it would be a perfect time for me to do some poker studying using CREV on her computer while she's at work.

It wouldn't even be physically possible for me to use the program on both machines at the same time but it still seems that I'd have to get two licenses if I didn't want to spend a lot of time not having access to CREV when I'd want to use it.

Approximately how long does it take for a license to be transferred, and would there be a way to make it go faster once I'd set it up on both computers so it would only be a matter of switching back and forth between which machine the license is active on?
Rythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:07 PM   #2463
scylla
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,267
Re: CardRunnersEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rythm View Post
Hi, I'm considering buying your software but it seems I will have a bit of an issue with the way you issue your licenses:

My girlfriend just moved to another country because of work and it will take me some time to move completely as well. In the meantime I will be spending most of my time here, where my only computer is a desktop that I will definitely want to use CREV on if I buy it. However, when I go visit her I won't be able to play on Stars/FTP where I want to play and so it would be a perfect time for me to do some poker studying using CREV on her computer while she's at work.

It wouldn't even be physically possible for me to use the program on both machines at the same time but it still seems that I'd have to get two licenses if I didn't want to spend a lot of time not having access to CREV when I'd want to use it.

Approximately how long does it take for a license to be transferred, and would there be a way to make it go faster once I'd set it up on both computers so it would only be a matter of switching back and forth between which machine the license is active on?
The response time for e-mails is always within 24 hours and usually within 12 hours. Those are the maximum times though. If you mail roughly during either European or US office hours you'll probably get a response within 4 hours.

If you would want to go this route, then please remind me every time you request a license switch who you are, because otherwise I may not initiate the deactivation+reactivation immediately.
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:05 PM   #2464
Rythm
old hand
 
Rythm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dublin/Sweden
Posts: 1,576
Re: CardRunnersEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by scylla View Post
The response time for e-mails is always within 24 hours and usually within 12 hours. Those are the maximum times though. If you mail roughly during either European or US office hours you'll probably get a response within 4 hours.

If you would want to go this route, then please remind me every time you request a license switch who you are, because otherwise I may not initiate the deactivation+reactivation immediately.
Ok that sounds pretty good. I'm in Sweden and she's in Ireland so the times should work out as well. Once everything has been set up once on each computer and the machine IDs have been generated, I should be able to e-mail you to request the switch before leaving for the airport as long as we haven't made any changes that would affect the IDs, right?
Rythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 04:55 AM   #2465
TheRuffian
grinder
 
TheRuffian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: London
Posts: 615
Re: CardRunnersEV

Hi
Just purchased CREV and am looking forward to getting to know how to exploit its fantastic potential.
Just a quickie. Ive got all my ranges stored in flopzilla, is it possible to import them into CREV? If so how do I go about it?
Thanks in advance.
TheRuffian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:42 AM   #2466
scylla
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,267
Re: CardRunnersEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rythm View Post
Ok that sounds pretty good. I'm in Sweden and she's in Ireland so the times should work out as well. Once everything has been set up once on each computer and the machine IDs have been generated, I should be able to e-mail you to request the switch before leaving for the airport as long as we haven't made any changes that would affect the IDs, right?
If you mail during the day or in the evening before you board the plane then there's a pretty decent chance I've made the changes by the time you arrive.

Once again, remind me who you are when you send the e-mail, so I know I need to make the switch immediately.
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:45 AM   #2467
scylla
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,267
Re: CardRunnersEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRuffian View Post
Hi
Just purchased CREV and am looking forward to getting to know how to exploit its fantastic potential.
Just a quickie. Ive got all my ranges stored in flopzilla, is it possible to import them into CREV? If so how do I go about it?
Thanks in advance.
I'm afraid not.
They're different formats.
I'm planning to add some sort of import/export function, but I doubt I'll get around to it before 2013.
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 06:56 PM   #2468
Rythm
old hand
 
Rythm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dublin/Sweden
Posts: 1,576
Re: CardRunnersEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by scylla View Post
If you mail during the day or in the evening before you board the plane then there's a pretty decent chance I've made the changes by the time you arrive.

Once again, remind me who you are when you send the e-mail, so I know I need to make the switch immediately.
Thanks a lot. I checked this thread a little while trying to figure out if I wanted the software and your support really seems quite outstanding. And yes, I'll remember to say it's me and will link to my 1st post ITT as well for clarity.
Rythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:45 PM   #2469
oracle3001
adept
 
oracle3001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 790
Re: CardRunnersEV

How does one specify that somebody would bet a missed flush draw on the river? I tried setting the condition "flush draw" as a betting condition on the river, but that didn't seem to work.

Edit:- I notice this has been asked for quite a few times before and you have decided against including it (at least in the previous version of CREV) and instead told users to simply select the exact hands they wish the villain / hero will keep betting.

What I would say is this is no good if you are trying to use CREV to work on general hand strategies, whereby you aren't specifying exact hands or flop / turn / river cards, rather ranges that Player A or B will be opening and then how they will proceed with various parts of their range i.e flop condition always bet TP+, overcards, flush draws, gutshot+...etc.

If you are trying to use CREV for these purposes you won't know the exact hole cards come the river, rather simply they got their with a flush draw or a straight draw.

If you simply changed the condition "flush draw" on the river to mean a missed draw or added an extra river specific condition this kind of analysis could be undertaken fully.

Last edited by oracle3001; 11-27-2012 at 12:56 PM.
oracle3001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:38 PM   #2470
scylla
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,267
Re: CardRunnersEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle3001 View Post
How does one specify that somebody would bet a missed flush draw on the river? I tried setting the condition "flush draw" as a betting condition on the river, but that didn't seem to work.

Edit:- I notice this has been asked for quite a few times before and you have decided against including it (at least in the previous version of CREV) and instead told users to simply select the exact hands they wish the villain / hero will keep betting.

What I would say is this is no good if you are trying to use CREV to work on general hand strategies, whereby you aren't specifying exact hands or flop / turn / river cards, rather ranges that Player A or B will be opening and then how they will proceed with various parts of their range i.e flop condition always bet TP+, overcards, flush draws, gutshot+...etc.

If you are trying to use CREV for these purposes you won't know the exact hole cards come the river, rather simply they got their with a flush draw or a straight draw.

If you simply changed the condition "flush draw" on the river to mean a missed draw or added an extra river specific condition this kind of analysis could be undertaken fully.
If you want to specify a missed flushdraw, please just use the Holecards section. Under "Suits" click the desired suit(s) and check the "both cards" box.

I think that for the next update I'll add the functionality for a "flushdraw" on the river to indicate a missed flushdraw.
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:55 PM   #2471
pasita
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,101
Re: CardRunnersEV

If you do that, SDs would be nice too... it's currently harder to work with missed connectors and board texture.
pasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:31 PM   #2472
oracle3001
adept
 
oracle3001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 790
Re: CardRunnersEV

Quote:
If you want to specify a missed flushdraw, please just use the Holecards section. Under "Suits" click the desired suit(s) and check the "both cards" box.
That was my point...when using CREV for looking at very general strategies, one won't know the holecards / suits only value based ranges i.e we know they bet any random flop and turn with flush draws and then we want to look at a random river where they continue to bet the even if they missed.

Quote:
I think that for the next update I'll add the functionality for a "flushdraw" on the river to indicate a missed flushdraw.
And similarly for missed straight draws would be an excellent addition.
oracle3001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 02:57 PM   #2473
scylla
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,267
Re: CardRunnersEV

Ok, I'll take a look.
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 04:39 PM   #2474
oracle3001
adept
 
oracle3001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 790
Re: CardRunnersEV

Cool.

Without sounding ungrateful of what is an excellent piece of software.

One other thing that would be nice to be able to do in regards to draws / missed draws is delineate on the turn / river, between ones that were available on the flop and those that became available on the turn.

i.e be able to say turn condition continues to bet "flop" available flush draw or bets "turn" flush draw i.e backdoor draw that became available on the turn

and similarly on the river be able to say bet missed [flop] flush draw or bet missed [turn] flush draw.

I hope I explained that ok!
oracle3001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:31 AM   #2475
oracle3001
adept
 
oracle3001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 790
Re: CardRunnersEV

Just wondering..is there anything that Flopzilla does which CREV can't do?
oracle3001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive