Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Commercial Software Discussion of commercial gambling-related / poker software & commercial graphics modifications

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2008, 10:02 AM   #176
scylla
veteran
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,483
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.1.3 released***

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtagliaf View Post
will this application be available for purchase by non-Stox members?
Yes it will.
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 10:06 AM   #177
scylla
veteran
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,483
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.1.3 released***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroosartig View Post
Great software, but why don't you use a normal webpage to provide the manual videos?
The way to download the manual videos doesn't seem very advantageously.
The video manual is available in the stoxpoker library at www.stoxpoker.com/videos.
Search for
- Coach name: GuestPro
- Key concepts: EV

Alternatively, in the program go to
Help->Video manual.


I asume in your comment you are referring to the crappy website that I use to post files? In that case, I totall agree that it is not optimal. I just haven't had the time yet to put something decent together.
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 04:58 PM   #178
grumpy64
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 7,621
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.1.3 released***

I am building a spreed sheet where it gives me a the equity of a starting hand versus a players raise in any given position. The problem is it's taking a month of sundays. Lets say bob raises 11.4 percent from the co and i have 77s now it's easy to do an equitly run but lets say i want to get the equity for all indivisual hands between AA and qj off suit right now i am doing a seperate equity run for each hand is their a quicker way?
grumpy64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 05:16 PM   #179
kaby
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
kaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: captain of team fold
Posts: 6,165
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.1.3 released***

standard HM hand format import would be sweet

new additions are awesome btw ty
kaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 05:26 PM   #180
scylla
veteran
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,483
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.1.3 released***

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy64 View Post
I am building a spreed sheet where it gives me a the equity of a starting hand versus a players raise in any given position. The problem is it's taking a month of sundays. Lets say bob raises 11.4 percent from the co and i have 77s now it's easy to do an equitly run but lets say i want to get the equity for all indivisual hands between AA and qj off suit right now i am doing a seperate equity run for each hand is their a quicker way?
No.
I could add it though.
Right now when you hover over EV you get the EV popup.
I could do the same for equity.
For me it would be easiest to do it in the form of a toggle between displaying EV and equity.
In that case I would only have to add a toggle option and make a slight change in the formula for calculating EV.

I've got another hour of grinding to do. I'll add it after that and I'll put it online.

Last edited by scylla; 05-18-2008 at 05:37 PM.
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 05:27 PM   #181
scylla
veteran
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,483
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.1.3 released***

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaby View Post
standard HM hand format import would be sweet

new additions are awesome btw ty
I'm a donkey and must be educated.

HM format?
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 06:03 PM   #182
fozzy71
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
fozzy71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 8 Mile + 2.5
Posts: 36,935
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.1.3 released***

Quote:
Originally Posted by scylla View Post
I'm a donkey and must be educated.

HM format?
HM = Holdem Manager

I assume he is wanting to find the hand in HM, and then he can Rt-Click > Copy to Clipboard. And then paste that into a Text File, or your App.

I am still unsure how this app works, as I have never tried it - but follow the thread religiously. I refuse to download and install it til its hosted on a proper site.

I dont understand why you dont have, or cant get a FTP client so you can host it on the StoxPoker servers and then provide a direct download link for us to get updates. I dont like downloading installers for www.JoeSchmoe.com .

I would feel much better if I got a download dialog box that told me what I was downloading and that it was hosted on Stoxpoker.com.
fozzy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 06:19 PM   #183
scylla
veteran
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,483
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.1.3 released***

Quote:
Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
HM = Holdem Manager

I assume he is wanting to find the hand in HM, and then he can Rt-Click > Copy to Clipboard. And then paste that into a Text File, or your App.
Ah, thought that was HEM.
Kaby, if this is what you meant, send me some example hands to stoxpoker_ev@hotmail.com.
I'll need a NL hand, a limit hand and a tournament hand.
I'll also need to know how antes (if applicable) are defined in the hand history.


Quote:
Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
I am still unsure how this app works, as I have never tried it - but follow the thread religiously. I refuse to download and install it til its hosted on a proper site.
The files are hosted on www.stoxpoker.com.
For the video manual go to www.stoxpoker.com and search for author: GuestPro and Key concepts:EV.
The program itself is also hosted on stoxpoker. You can find the link in the first post in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fozzy71 View Post
I dont understand why you dont have, or cant get a FTP client so you can host it on the StoxPoker servers and then provide a direct download link for us to get updates. I dont like downloading installers for www.JoeSchmoe.com .

I would feel much better if I got a download dialog box that told me what I was downloading and that it was hosted on Stoxpoker.com.
As I said, the files are hosted at stoxpoker.
However, if I make an intermediate version (sort of a beta of a beta) I post it on that Joe Schmoe site.
I originally also posted the video manual there because there were some planning problems getting them on stoxpoker.
My reason for not posting the intermediate versions of the program on stoxpoker but on the crappy site is because I don't want to bother the admin twice a week because I made yet another small change to the program.
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 07:37 PM   #184
scylla
veteran
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,483
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.1.3 released***

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpy64 View Post
I am building a spreed sheet where it gives me a the equity of a starting hand versus a players raise in any given position. The problem is it's taking a month of sundays. Lets say bob raises 11.4 percent from the co and i have 77s now it's easy to do an equitly run but lets say i want to get the equity for all indivisual hands between AA and qj off suit right now i am doing a seperate equity run for each hand is their a quicker way?
Ok, I've added it.
I've put the new version here at the Joe Schmoe () website.
To get the equities, perform an EV run and hover over the EV-field of a decision. If you press Alt+E you toggle to equity.

Obviously it would make more sense to add this option under the Eq field of a decision. It would also mean that an equity run would be enough, while you now require an EV run. I've chosen this slightly klunky solution because:
- For me it's the difference between hours of work and 1 hour of work
- I think one huge popup is enough. I don't think I should have two of them for both EV and equity.
- It's only meant for specialized research and is not a major function of the program.

Good luck with the spread sheet!

Scylla
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 08:02 PM   #185
fozzy71
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
fozzy71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 8 Mile + 2.5
Posts: 36,935
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.1.3 released***

Quote:
Originally Posted by scylla View Post

The files are hosted on www.stoxpoker.com.
Where at?? I dont see any kind of link on the home page, and spent 10 minutes searchin your forums and still couldnt find a download link. I found your thread in the forums there, but by then I was sick of looking for a simple download link.

Is the forum thread on stox the only place with a download link? Is there an actual web page for the app yet?


Quote:
My reason for not posting the intermediate versions of the program on stoxpoker but on the crappy site is because I don't want to bother the admin twice a week because I made yet another small change to the program.
I understand. They dont give you permission to upload the file yourself. But everytime there is a download link in this thread, it is for that obscure site. You never (rarely?) post a direct link to stoxpoker where I can download it.

Everytime I come in this thread, and you say new version is up, there is a link to the other site. I probably would have tried using this at least once, if the download links werent always so odd.



Really not trying to be a troll, but it seems like you could make it a little easier.
fozzy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 08:15 PM   #186
scylla
veteran
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,483
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.1.3 released***

There you go, the stoxpoker link.
http://mediaserver2.stoxpoker.com:80.../stoxev113.msi

Last edited by scylla; 05-18-2008 at 08:20 PM.
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 08:47 PM   #187
fozzy71
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
fozzy71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 8 Mile + 2.5
Posts: 36,935
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.1.3 released***

Thx. Now I got a new toy to be dumbfounded by.
fozzy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 09:22 PM   #188
_dave_
_Pooh_Bah_
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: UK (or what remains of it)
Posts: 12,260
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.1.3 released***

FWIW, I keep the download link in the OP pointed to the latest version on StoxPoker servers too.
_dave_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 10:01 PM   #189
fozzy71
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
fozzy71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: 8 Mile + 2.5
Posts: 36,935
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.1.3 released***

TY dave, I did not know that. I just don't like downloading applications from websites that are named after a person, instead of a legitimate business' servers.

I didn't used to be this paranoid. I also didn't used to make my Theme Installers Open-Source, but I recently started. Time for me to learn AHK, IMO.
fozzy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 08:48 AM   #190
Some9
banned
 
Some9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ongame RBtown
Posts: 2,513
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.1.3 released***

the function "sample run" is using a lot of time for me with the new version :/
Some9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 08:53 AM   #191
scylla
veteran
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,483
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.1.3 released***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some9 View Post
the function "sample run" is using a lot of time for me with the new version :/
Correct.
There was a dumb bug in it.
Go here for the bugfix.
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:00 AM   #192
Some9
banned
 
Some9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Ongame RBtown
Posts: 2,513
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.1.3 released***

I must be retarded but how do I download the file there?

Both IE and firefox only download some FlashTpm file when clicking the picture, and with right clicking I only get "about flash player" and similar options.

thanks for helping out!
Some9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 10:25 AM   #193
scylla
veteran
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,483
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.1.3 released***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some9 View Post
I must be retarded but how do I download the file there?

Both IE and firefox only download some FlashTpm file when clicking the picture, and with right clicking I only get "about flash player" and similar options.

thanks for helping out!
Ok, I've put another copy at megaupload:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XNYTMJDM
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 07:28 AM   #194
scylla
veteran
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,483
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.1.3 released***

Hi guys,

I've released a new version 1.1.5.
It has a new speedup option.
Go to extra->speedup and toggle speedup.
Program should run twice as fast.
Also fixed a small bug and a bunch of other smallish stuf.

Go here.

I'll upload it to the stoxpoker site as soon as I get hold of the admin. Once that is done you can also get the program by going to the link in the first post in this thread.
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 08:25 AM   #195
Neku
adept
 
Neku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: monkeyspew
Posts: 709
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.1.3 released***

You get round to using preset lines yet, scylla?
Neku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 08:57 AM   #196
scylla
veteran
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,483
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.1.3 released***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neku View Post
You get round to using preset lines yet, scylla?
Preset lines?
Jog my memory please?

Currently working on something which is definitely entirely different.
I guess the important thing is, I'm working on sůmething, right?
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 12:35 PM   #197
Neku
adept
 
Neku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: monkeyspew
Posts: 709
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.1.3 released***

I sent you a premade tree that another guy made, remember?
Neku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 01:26 PM   #198
scylla
veteran
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,483
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.1.3 released***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neku View Post
I sent you a premade tree that another guy made, remember?
Oh yes, that's right.

I'm currently performing groundwork which will (depending on the level of succes) allow for more advanced features.
Because I don't know at this point what the exact outcome of this groundwork will be (and therefore what possibilities it opens up) I'm hesitant to add features that may turn out to be redundant later on.

The factor 2 speedup that I've obtained in 1.1.4 is a side-effect of this groundwork. I can perform certain functions something like 50 times faster now. As a result of this another possibility has now opened up, etc.

So basically I'm putting the option you're talking about off until I have clarity of the outcome of my current work. Shouldn't take too long though. You'll probably have something along the lines of what you're looking for within a mid-long time frame.
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 04:14 PM   #199
Neku
adept
 
Neku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: monkeyspew
Posts: 709
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.1.3 released***

sure, great
i'll think about this stuff as well, maybe I come up with some ideas that are useful
Neku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 07:42 AM   #200
scylla
veteran
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,483
Re: ***Stoxpoker EV calculator 1.1.3 released***

Ok, that came off a bit wrong.
Sorry about that.
I was trying to stay a bit vague in saying what I'm doing exactly and, well, I just don't have a golden tongue like some people do. I just read back my comment and realized "oh wait, you could also read it like thŠt".
Sometimes I use the wrong words and hit the wrong tone. I've always had problems with that and probably always will.

Let me try that again.

I've had some ideas to improve the engine and right now I'm working on adding those things. Should take about 2 weeks. I'm afraid I won't be making big changes to the program anymore because I first want to see how effective the new engine will be.
If it's really succesful I will be able to solve certain problems in a different way compared to if it doesn't work out as well as I'm hoping. If I'm really unlucky then the factor 2 speedup is all I'll have to show for it.

I really appreciate all feedback and I totally agree with you that the ease for entering trees is a part where improvement is possible. I keep racking my brain to think of the "perfect" way of getting this done. Problem is, once you chose an option and it turns out to be flawed, it's always hard to take it out again. For that reason, I haven't touched that part of the program too much yet.
In the ideal case the engine will be capable of making some suggestions for entering trees, which would speed up the process. Or some sort of wizard. That won't be anywhere in the near future though.
Once again, I appreciate all suggestions, sometimes add them immediately and in other cases keep a list of them, hoping it will spark some inspiration at some point.

Cheers,

Scylla

Last edited by scylla; 05-24-2008 at 07:53 AM.
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2010, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online