Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Commercial Software Discussion of commercial gambling-related / poker software & commercial graphics modifications

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2011, 11:32 AM   #1751
pasita
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,101
Re: StoxEV: EV calculations with decision trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by scylla View Post
If you use holdem manager then you can import any hh from any site it supports by copy pasting the hh from it, pasting it and selecting "holdem manager" under the supported sites.
Since HEM offers this I've decided not to expand the list of supported sites any more.
Any chance of getting PokerTracker supported?
pasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 11:34 AM   #1752
scylla
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,270
Re: StoxEV: EV calculations with decision trees

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasita View Post
Any chance of getting PokerTracker supported?
If, like HEM, PokerTracker decides to add an option to export hands in one single format, then I could do that.
However, as far as I known, PokerTracker doesn't offer such an option.
So it's technically not possible.
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 12:53 PM   #1753
pasita
adept
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,101
Re: CardRunnersEV

When you open a hand in PT3, you can open "Hand Formatted" tab, and single click copy the hand to clipboard in forum format or even simpler text format.
pasita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 03:13 AM   #1754
Pökerfu
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: winning by misclicks
Posts: 53
Re: CardRunnersEV

Hello as a new customer I want to know if there is any possibility to
use the values and outputs of cardrunners EV with excel? I mean is there an option to paste the outputs for example in an excel file?

I have read in the Stox EV manual that there was something like that in the old stox EV but I can't find anything like that in the menu. If I press "ctrl - o" like in the manual, then there opens just a pop up for open other cardrunners files.
Pökerfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:23 AM   #1755
scylla
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,270
Re: CardRunnersEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pökerfu View Post
Hello as a new customer I want to know if there is any possibility to
use the values and outputs of cardrunners EV with excel? I mean is there an option to paste the outputs for example in an excel file?

I have read in the Stox EV manual that there was something like that in the old stox EV but I can't find anything like that in the menu. If I press "ctrl - o" like in the manual, then there opens just a pop up for open other cardrunners files.
You need to move your mouse over a popup and press Alt+o.
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:24 AM   #1756
scylla
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,270
Re: CardRunnersEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasita View Post
When you open a hand in PT3, you can open "Hand Formatted" tab, and single click copy the hand to clipboard in forum format or even simpler text format.
I'll have a look at it.
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:12 AM   #1757
scylla
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,270
Re: CardRunnersEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by tozzy View Post
Excuse me if this has been addressed already, but while playing along the part2 of your instructional video, I assigned the bet allin condition for one player to be exactly a 1card nutflushdraw on an undecided flop. When performing multiple one-run scenarios (e.g. hitting f6 repeatedly), it will at some point give me an error msg saying "too many failed runs". When I execute a single run again, it will often work.
That error occurs because the software gives up after giving it 1000 random tries.
To increase the number of tries, go to "options->run settings" and increase "failure at X failed runs".
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 11:16 AM   #1758
tozzy
veteran
 
tozzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Vienna
Posts: 3,417
Re: CardRunnersEV

Just deleted my msg cause obv right after I unpaused the video you talked about it. Thumbs up for the lightning fast response tho.
tozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 05:59 PM   #1759
funkyj
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
funkyj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: working without a 27b/6
Posts: 6,416
Re: CardRunnersEV

SUGGESTION: you currently show pot odds at various nodes. It would be nice if we could see "maximum implied odds" at each node too.

I would define "maximum IO" as

(<pot> + <villian stack>) / <amt_to_call>

and have it be a pairwise stat. E.g. in a multiway pot, assume that if I get AI, it will only be against one or other of the villains. This seems a valid assumption for deep stacks.
funkyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:33 AM   #1760
Pökerfu
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: winning by misclicks
Posts: 53
Re: CardRunnersEV

such a great tool just worked it through the tutorial. Scylla I can't import HH histories from my Holdem manager. I tried 2+2 format and text format. Both don't seem working. Am I doing it wrong or is HM not supported atm? And when it is not supported when it will be? Thx for this nice tool btw.
Pökerfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:55 AM   #1761
scylla
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,270
Re: CardRunnersEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pökerfu View Post
such a great tool just worked it through the tutorial. Scylla I can't import HH histories from my Holdem manager. I tried 2+2 format and text format. Both don't seem working. Am I doing it wrong or is HM not supported atm? And when it is not supported when it will be? Thx for this nice tool btw.
Go to "reports", select the hand history, rightclick it and select "view selected hand histories".
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:31 PM   #1762
DpR
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 1,771
Re: CardRunnersEV

Hi, great product.

Can I copy and entire tree to another node, for example I have a bunch of decision on the turn, so that splits the ranges up into say 4 nodes. Now on the river, I basically want the same decision tree at the end of each turn ending. It is really tedious to redesign the same river decisions for each case. So I basically want to create all the river decisions once and then just copy the same river tree to the end of each turn ending node.
DpR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:33 PM   #1763
scylla
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,270
Re: CardRunnersEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DpR View Post
Hi, great product.

Can I copy and entire tree to another node, for example I have a bunch of decision on the turn, so that splits the ranges up into say 4 nodes. Now on the river, I basically want the same decision tree at the end of each turn ending. It is really tedious to redesign the same river decisions for each case. So I basically want to create all the river decisions once and then just copy the same river tree to the end of each turn ending node.
If there's only two active players in the tree you can copy paste an entire subtree with Ctrl+Alt+C and Ctrl+Alt+V (as opposed to Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V).
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:43 PM   #1764
DpR
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 1,771
Re: CardRunnersEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by scylla View Post
If there's only two active players in the tree you can copy paste an entire subtree with Ctrl+Alt+C and Ctrl+Alt+V (as opposed to Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V).
Ah, awesome thanks so much.
DpR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:51 PM   #1765
DpR
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 1,771
Re: CardRunnersEV

Uh, now I am feeling ******ed. So I click on the first action (ie "bet2") hit cntrl+alt+c, then click on place i want to copy (a new bet node) and hit cntlaltV. Right? For some reason it is saying Can not paste becasue no subtree has been copied.

I know i must be doing something really dumb, so I apologize for the trouble.
DpR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:16 PM   #1766
AntiHer0
adept
 
AntiHer0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,168
Re: CardRunnersEV

Hey scylla,

I've got a new pc and want to get my license transferred to that pc, how do I go about doing that with your software?
AntiHer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:11 AM   #1767
DpR
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 1,771
Re: CardRunnersEV

Another quick question to add to my inability to get the ctrl+alt+C function from working.

I would like to have the condition that a player bets when he has ace high or better. I put in the condition that he have at least high card (top kicker #1). This is fine unless there is an ace on the board, in which case K-high hands qualify for the condition. I considered adding "A" as a required hole card, but won't that make it that no hands without an ace in them are bet (i.e. all his other pairs etc)? Am I misunderstanding how that will work? or is there another way to accomplish this condition?

Again, my apologies for the newb questions.
DpR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:44 AM   #1768
scylla
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,270
Re: CardRunnersEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiHer0 View Post
Hey scylla,

I've got a new pc and want to get my license transferred to that pc, how do I go about doing that with your software?
Just send an e-mail with the new hardware ID to support@cardrunners-ev-calculator.com and I'll take care of the transfer.
To get your hardware ID, start the software and click on the yellow "register" button.
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:45 AM   #1769
scylla
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,270
Re: CardRunnersEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DpR View Post
Uh, now I am feeling ******ed. So I click on the first action (ie "bet2") hit cntrl+alt+c, then click on place i want to copy (a new bet node) and hit cntlaltV. Right? For some reason it is saying Can not paste becasue no subtree has been copied.

I know i must be doing something really dumb, so I apologize for the trouble.
Once again, the copying of whole subtrees is only allowed with at most two players in the tree.
If that's not the cause, could you please send the savefile to support@cardrunners-ev-calculator.com?
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:48 AM   #1770
scylla
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,270
Re: CardRunnersEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DpR View Post
Another quick question to add to my inability to get the ctrl+alt+C function from working.

I would like to have the condition that a player bets when he has ace high or better. I put in the condition that he have at least high card (top kicker #1). This is fine unless there is an ace on the board, in which case K-high hands qualify for the condition. I considered adding "A" as a required hole card, but won't that make it that no hands without an ace in them are bet (i.e. all his other pairs etc)? Am I misunderstanding how that will work? or is there another way to accomplish this condition?

Again, my apologies for the newb questions.
I think it's easiest to use the condition you described above, however to set it at "exactly highcard with top kicker with an A". And then at a second condition ">=one pair".

Cheers,

Scylla
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 02:55 PM   #1771
DpR
old hand
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 1,771
Re: CardRunnersEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by scylla View Post
Once again, the copying of whole subtrees is only allowed with at most two players in the tree.
If that's not the cause, could you please send the savefile to support@cardrunners-ev-calculator.com?
Done.
DpR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:39 PM   #1772
scylla
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,270
Re: CardRunnersEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DpR View Post
Done.
It seems to work fine for me.

In order to get copying of a whole subtree to work, please:
- select an action by left-clicking it
- press Ctrl+Alt+C
- move your mouse over the decision where you wish to copy
- press Ctrl+Alt+V
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:20 PM   #1773
BenR
grinder
 
BenR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 514
Re: CardRunnersEV

Does this software run on mac without.... the soft for windows?
BenR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:22 PM   #1774
scylla
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 6,270
Re: CardRunnersEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenR View Post
Does this software run on mac without.... the soft for windows?
Some people do get it to run on a mac, so it's definitely possible.
You can easily try for yourself though with the trial version.
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 04:58 AM   #1775
multiverse
stranger
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 6
Re: CardRunnersEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by scylla View Post
Some people do get it to run on a mac, so it's definitely possible.
You can easily try for yourself though with the trial version.
Do you have any details about how they do it? Do they use wine by chance? It didn't work for me with wine. Of cause it works on virtual machine like VMware Fusion.
multiverse is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2020, Two Plus Two Interactive