Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Commercial Software Discussion of commercial gambling-related / poker software & commercial graphics modifications

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2020, 12:04 PM   #9826
scylla
Pooh-Bah
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,440
Re: CardRunnersEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0ker_n00b View Post
Hello, need help please



CO opens, BB defends, srp

It looks to me like the solution is saying the EV of x'ing and betting TT on the T76 texture IP is exactly the same EV showing as 10.17. This seems very strange to me.

Obviously vs weaker regs and recs I'm never x'ing but let's take one of the top regs in a 500NL pool for instance. How can x'ing back TT here net us the same EV as cbetting? I'm kind of confused by this.

Thanks for any clarity
When a solution is mixed, then the EV for both actions will be exactly the same, and the solver will be indifferent between which action to choose. The frequency that is used is in order to set up ranges for the later parts of the hand. It does not mean that the solver prefers one action over the other; they both have the same EV. This will apply to any mix in a GTO solution.

As to why TT is being checked back here, this is not a question to which I can give an answer. Hands are typically assigned in order to set up ranges for later parts of the hand so that the opponent can never know exactly which types of hands you're holding. Apparently, it's important to have the near-nuts in your checking range as well. This will both give more value to your weaker range (such as draws, which can more easily be semi-bluffed), as well as the TT itself, which is pretty well disguised. The situation is too complex for me to give a full breakdown though.
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 12:06 PM   #9827
scylla
Pooh-Bah
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,440
Re: CardRunnersEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0ker_n00b View Post
I have another question please

Imagine an EP vs BTN cc situation where BTN is fishy and has a fairly wide cc range

Flop is AJ9r and Hero has AA. The solution suggests that BTN should be raising our flop cbets with a huge range of 25% - things like 9Ts, some underpairs, a lot of Jx and KQ/KT combo's - kind of confusing why it would do that - but obviously nobody would be raising 25% like this

What I was able to do was edit the BTN's range to mostly call all those combo's (assuming passive fish) but the EV's didn't seem to change for the Hero EP strategy.

So the question I guess would be - after we edit the flop decision closer to what we think the villain would actually do - how can we re run the simulation to take into account for this change?
For this, lock the edited decision and run the solver again under "Run solver".
The GTO solution will be calculated within the given restrictions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0ker_n00b View Post
I tried "play against the solution" but I can't access that it's greyed out - any other ideas? Thanks.
"Play against the solution" is only available for trees that have been solved.
So if you solve the file under "Run solver" then the icon should become available.
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 06:15 PM   #9828
forCarlotta
newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 28
Re: CardRunnersEV

Hi Scylla now that I begin to grasp and solve simple toy games I understand how valuable solvers are.
The 'play vs solution' feature is astonishing and 100% that I will buy your product once I've finished my GTO poker book.

Is possible to change the colors of the actions? Like bet= red check= yellow and so on?

Finger crossed for the night mode of GTO+
forCarlotta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 03:40 AM   #9829
scylla
Pooh-Bah
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,440
Re: CardRunnersEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by forCarlotta View Post
Hi Scylla now that I begin to grasp and solve simple toy games I understand how valuable solvers are.
The 'play vs solution' feature is astonishing and 100% that I will buy your product once I've finished my GTO poker book.

Is possible to change the colors of the actions? Like bet= red check= yellow and so on?

Finger crossed for the night mode of GTO+
The action colours are stored in /config/settings.txt under [ACTION COLORS]. Windows does not directly allow you to edit this files in C:/program files though, so copy it to a directory such as C:/tmp to make changes.
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 09:28 PM   #9830
carlos243
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 16
Re: CardRunnersEV

https://gyazo.com/68c5fe35d67065ee8f0be8f7ee08fdd2
Hi,
So i have these ranges in Pio(They are in .TXT), i already have the "Ranges" folder in the same folder as GTO+ but no ranges are shown, also when i try to import it reads "FAILED TO IMPORT RANGES"
1) How can i paste this ranges in GTO+?
2) where are the ranges in GTO+ storaged?

Last edited by carlos243; 05-14-2020 at 09:39 PM.
carlos243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 02:57 AM   #9831
scylla
Pooh-Bah
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,440
Re: CardRunnersEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos243 View Post
https://gyazo.com/68c5fe35d67065ee8f0be8f7ee08fdd2
Hi,
So i have these ranges in Pio(They are in .TXT), i already have the "Ranges" folder in the same folder as GTO+ but no ranges are shown, also when i try to import it reads "FAILED TO IMPORT RANGES"
1) How can i paste this ranges in GTO+?
2) where are the ranges in GTO+ storaged?
1)
- Create a directory /pio in GTO+'s directory (most likely C:\Program Files\GTO)
- Copy your pio ranges into that directory
- Go to "Settings->Import preflop ranges"
- Set the top option to "pio" and click on "IMPORT RANGES"

2)
The ranges for GTO+ are stored in /config/newdefs3.txt
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 09:43 AM   #9832
Dejavudu666
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 79
Re: CardRunnersEV

How can we compare ev of DIFFERENT turns and view the strategy of different turns on the hand matrix, on the fly?
Dejavudu666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 10:00 AM   #9833
1BigOT
grinder
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 669
Re: CardRunnersEV

Would it be possible so that when you mouse over the colored Bet1, Bet2, BetX, Check boxes above the Current Selection of lock&edit that the corresponding ranges could be shown in the hands chart above?
1BigOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 12:22 PM   #9834
scylla
Pooh-Bah
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,440
Re: CardRunnersEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BigOT View Post
Would it be possible so that when you mouse over the colored Bet1, Bet2, BetX, Check boxes above the Current Selection of lock&edit that the corresponding ranges could be shown in the hands chart above?
Ok, I will consider it for future releases.
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 12:25 PM   #9835
scylla
Pooh-Bah
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,440
Re: CardRunnersEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejavudu666 View Post
How can we compare ev of DIFFERENT turns and view the strategy of different turns on the hand matrix, on the fly?
For this, go to the turn report.
A new output mode in v129 will show the distribution in actions for every turn.

scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 05:41 PM   #9836
OMGLillianLee
grinder
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 449
Re: CardRunnersEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by scylla View Post
For this, simply create a tree where you only bet (you can use the editor to remove the "Check").
After that, build a database from that tree.
Just found this from Google. Thanks a lot man, and congratulations for this software, this is really amazing to use.
OMGLillianLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 06:41 PM   #9837
carlos243
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 16
Re: CardRunnersEV

https://gyazo.com/83161d8a3ca77cdad6eaef51a5135e7b
1) "dEV" numbes is same as "Nash dist." in Simple postflop?
2) What is the difference between basic and extensive storage?
carlos243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 10:23 PM   #9838
eduargentina
centurion
 
eduargentina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 101
Re: CardRunnersEV

Hi. Is it possible to recalculate the GTO now by forcing the 100% cbet flop with the 33% bet size for 44 subset flops?

http://prntscr.com/shpm7g
eduargentina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 10:54 PM   #9839
Speck CHAMP
adept
 
Speck CHAMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 852
Re: CardRunnersEV

I just bought GTO+ and I really like it. Its a lot easier to use than other solvers.
Speck CHAMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 03:16 AM   #9840
scylla
Pooh-Bah
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,440
Re: CardRunnersEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos243 View Post
https://gyazo.com/83161d8a3ca77cdad6eaef51a5135e7b
1) "dEV" numbes is same as "Nash dist." in Simple postflop?
2) What is the difference between basic and extensive storage?
1) dEV is indeed simply the Nash distance.
2) In Extensive storage turn data is saved. In Basic storage it's recalculated when you navigate to a turn line; this will take a few seconds, whereas navigating to turn lines is instant with Extensive storage. If you want to use "Play against the solution" then Extensive storage is probably best. The savefiles are much smaller for Basic storage though. So if you're creating a database of a hundred trees, then in Extensive storage it may take >1GB, whereas for Basic it's only a few dozen MB.
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 03:23 AM   #9841
scylla
Pooh-Bah
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,440
Re: CardRunnersEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduargentina View Post
Hi. Is it possible to recalculate the GTO now by forcing the 100% cbet flop with the 33% bet size for 44 subset flops?

http://prntscr.com/shpm7g
For this, edit your tree and remove the bets that you don't want.
After that, clear the database and build a new one from the edited tree.
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 06:15 PM   #9842
carlos243
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 16
Re: CardRunnersEV

What does the buttom "with only 2 bets left, get the money in smoothly" does?
In which spots do you recommend using it?
carlos243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 10:20 PM   #9843
powertsp
newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 33
Re: CardRunnersEV

Is there a way to set up GTO+ to run a bunch of HH I saved by scripting (i.e. a mix of different boards, ranges, trees, stack sizes)?
powertsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 01:12 AM   #9844
carlos243
newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 16
Re: CardRunnersEV

So i have noticed that "playing against solution" even if i make a mistake the solution would keep playing against me.
1) How is that possible? Does the solver makes a node lock right there?
2) And if it does, how does that node lock looks like(for example i make a none existing [0% freq] 25% bet in river, how do the other nodes in river adjust]? *i would also like this one ansewred in the case that i do my own node locking*
carlos243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 04:00 AM   #9845
scylla
Pooh-Bah
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,440
Re: CardRunnersEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos243 View Post
So i have noticed that "playing against solution" even if i make a mistake the solution would keep playing against me.
1) How is that possible? Does the solver makes a node lock right there?
2) And if it does, how does that node lock looks like(for example i make a none existing [0% freq] 25% bet in river, how do the other nodes in river adjust]? *i would also like this one ansewred in the case that i do my own node locking*
If you want the solver to stop playing when you make a mistake, then turn on "Training mode".

scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 04:03 AM   #9846
scylla
Pooh-Bah
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,440
Re: CardRunnersEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by powertsp View Post
Is there a way to set up GTO+ to run a bunch of HH I saved by scripting (i.e. a mix of different boards, ranges, trees, stack sizes)?
You can save all files that you want solved to a single directory.
After that, use the "Folder" icon to process all files in that directory.

scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 04:08 AM   #9847
scylla
Pooh-Bah
 
scylla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 5,440
Re: CardRunnersEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos243 View Post
What does the buttom "with only 2 bets left, get the money in smoothly" does?
In which spots do you recommend using it?
It means that if the players are close to being all-in, the solver will finish up the play with two perfectly sized geometric bets. This feature is particularly useful for deep-stacked play. It helps in ensuring that the players make bets that are in relation to the stack-to-pot ratio.
scylla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 09:03 AM   #9848
powertsp
newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 33
Re: CardRunnersEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by scylla View Post
You can save all files that you want solved to a single directory.
After that, use the "Folder" icon to process all files in that directory.

Thanks!
powertsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 09:41 AM   #9849
The Schreiner
stranger
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4
Re: CardRunnersEV

I solved a subset, now I am wanting to simplify the trees.

After I re-solve a tree, I can't figure out how to add the new tree back to the database.

I have tried:
On left side of interface... Database: "+ Add current tree to database". This has not worked.
The Schreiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 10:57 AM   #9850
numberonedonk
veteran
 
numberonedonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Thailand
Posts: 2,127
Re: CardRunnersEV

I believe you talked about this somewhere but I can't remember...

Get this message about not enough ram.

https://imgur.com/a/7onKBH7

I have 32gb available on this computer, am I reading it correctly that it needs 13.5gb more but only 12.1gb is available?

I'm building deep stack with different sizings so I know some trees will be quite large.

Thanks
numberonedonk is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online