Two Plus Two Publishing LLC Two Plus Two Publishing LLC
 

Go Back   Two Plus Two Poker Forums > >

Notices

Commercial Software Discussion of commercial gambling-related / poker software & commercial graphics modifications

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2012, 12:04 PM   #176
Goathair
grinder
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 465
Re: Ace Poker Drills

I have Ace Poker Drills, and i'd definitely say it is worth the $ . I have the 3 programs together, and have found the program to be pretty helpful. I had no clue about Equity and Hand Ranges, and i'd say this has helped for sure in that area. i really like the Equity Calculator. It has some cool features not found in Poker Stove and some of the others. The ability to pull hands right from your database is nice. I did have an issue with this at times, but believe it is HM2 related. i think they are rolling out an update to fix this soon.
Goathair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 12:05 AM   #177
GrindMerchant
enthusiast
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 73
Re: Ace Poker Drills

Does this work with HM1?

Where can I find guides (both video and written) in how to use this software?

Last edited by GrindMerchant; 10-16-2012 at 12:14 AM.
GrindMerchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:39 AM   #178
b3war30fm3
centurion
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 104
Re: Ace Poker Drills

Just accept Dutchies as we do have such a lousy government , they won't do a thing about it, they just barking and never bite. So just accept us.
b3war30fm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:37 PM   #179
Goathair
grinder
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 465
Re: Ace Poker Drills

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrindMerchant View Post
Does this work with HM1?
I'm pretty sure it does work with HM1. There is a tab in the setup of the equity calculator for HM1. So you should be able to pull hands directly from your database.

And there are some videos in the program, that give you a short tutorial, but maybe check Youtube. There may be some other ones out there.
Goathair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:17 PM   #180
FreakDaddy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
FreakDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Making great poker HUDs
Posts: 9,734
Re: Ace Poker Drills

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrindMerchant View Post
Does this work with HM1?

Where can I find guides (both video and written) in how to use this software?
It works with HM1/2 and PT. There are guides directly in the software under help.
FreakDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 10:06 AM   #181
Kalupso
journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 279
Re: Ace Poker Drills

Hi!

Is there possible to import hands into the equity calculator from PT4?
Or is PT4 integration coming soon?
Kalupso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:59 PM   #182
FreakDaddy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
FreakDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Making great poker HUDs
Posts: 9,734
Re: Ace Poker Drills

There's PT4 integration in other areas of the program, but not the equity calculator. The developer just designed a new hand reader though, and we're hoping to get it into the equity calculator soon after we have some more testing.
FreakDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 03:12 PM   #183
FreakDaddy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
FreakDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Making great poker HUDs
Posts: 9,734
Re: Ace Poker Drills

New .08 version of Ace Poker Drills released today will allow up to 50 sessions to be imported. We will add setting feature to expand or reduce this based on resources. Programs like HM2 take a good amount of resources, so importing beyond that on some systems can cause issues.

Any suggestions, please let us know.
FreakDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 05:29 PM   #184
Boolean
veteran
 
Boolean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,480
Re: Ace Poker Drills

I'm sure you're aware of this, but it seems the equity calculator doesn't account for the correct suits in the equity trainer. It gave the example of:

Hero has A8:club on a flop of:
2 3 9

After a flop bet/3bet by villain, it gives villain a range of:
99+, 33-22, A9s+, A7s-A3s, KTs+, QTs+, J9s+, T9s, 97s+, 76s, 65s, 54s, 43s, A9o

And an approximate equity of 32%

Correctly taking suits into account, the answer should be 18%:

http://www.pokerstrategy.com

Equity Win Tie
MP2 18.25% 17.69% 0.56% { Ad8c }
MP3 81.75% 81.19% 0.56% { 99+, 33-22, AcKc, AcQc, KcQc, AcJc, KcJc, QcJc, AcTc, KcTc, QcTc, JcTc, Ac9c, Jc9c, Tc9c, 9c8c, Ac7c, 9c7c, Ac6c, 7c6c, Ac5c, 6c5c, Ac4c, 5c4c, Ac3c, 4c3c, A9o }

I'd definitely suggest programming it in such a way where suits are able to be determined. Without that, the equity estimations that are given on 2/3 flush boards are far off.
Boolean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 12:40 AM   #185
Lost Panties
journeyman
 
Lost Panties's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Thailand, Chiang Mai
Posts: 222
Re: Ace Poker Drills

Somebody tell me how i can reset my license key for APD?
on the new computer I get an error "no more activations allowed, you must contact customer service bla bla bla"

i wrote letter to Support@AcePokerSolutions.com, but received no response
Lost Panties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 05:23 PM   #186
FreakDaddy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
FreakDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Making great poker HUDs
Posts: 9,734
Re: Ace Poker Drills

if you had a .ru e-mail address it was answered yesterday. Sometimes it takes a couple of hours for support to reply. Patience my friend.
FreakDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:01 PM   #187
Lost Panties
journeyman
 
Lost Panties's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Thailand, Chiang Mai
Posts: 222
Re: Ace Poker Drills

yes,

thank you!
Lost Panties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:56 AM   #188
rowhousepd
grinder
 
rowhousepd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 593
Re: Ace Poker Drills

I know you're probably tried of us asking for feature requests, but could you pleeeeaaaase let APD give us the option to use a 4 color deck? When I try to do the drills quickly (as I would if I were at a table), it's confusing to have to go into 2 color mode when my brain has been trained for tens of thousands of hands (or more) to look for 4 colors online.

Just figured I'd ask once more. Thanks.
rowhousepd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:53 AM   #189
MASTERHOLMES
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: ontario canada
Posts: 300
Re: Ace Poker Drills

long time no see freakdaddy

1. when i click the turn and known hole cards, the game goes to preflop.
is there plans to make it known hole cards flop and turn training ?

2. is there plans for a person to guess the hand range of the opponent narrow down the opponents hand range based on the actions for the turn ?
that could help in the equity training, as we would have to guess our hand range against that hand range.

3. the action is always head up,, and still no multiway action where it would be harder to decide our equity.

4. and how about any omaha training ? i asked about that long time ago,, but with the economy and such,, did you work on it since ?.

thanks in advance for your reply.
MASTERHOLMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:17 PM   #190
FreakDaddy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
FreakDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Making great poker HUDs
Posts: 9,734
Re: Ace Poker Drills

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowhousepd View Post
I know you're probably tried of us asking for feature requests, but could you pleeeeaaaase let APD give us the option to use a 4 color deck? When I try to do the drills quickly (as I would if I were at a table), it's confusing to have to go into 2 color mode when my brain has been trained for tens of thousands of hands (or more) to look for 4 colors online.

Just figured I'd ask once more. Thanks.
No, feature requests are always welcomed. Believe me, we take them all in and place importance on them. I remember you requesting this, and I did put it in myself. I think the problem was that the cards are custom made for the app. So hiring back in the graphic designer for the project I don't think they wanted to do. I do know that they did ask about it, but it didn't materialize.

It's probably more possible now, so I will inquire again and see what happens.
FreakDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:05 PM   #191
MASTERHOLMES
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: ontario canada
Posts: 300
Re: Ace Poker Drills

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakDaddy View Post
No, feature requests are always welcomed. Believe me, we take them all in and place importance on them. I remember you requesting this, and I did put it in myself. I think the problem was that the cards are custom made for the app. So hiring back in the graphic designer for the project I don't think they wanted to do. I do know that they did ask about it, but it didn't materialize.

It's probably more possible now, so I will inquire again and see what happens.
that sounds good as well,
I am just goign to assume you read mine request/comments as well since you take them all in
MASTERHOLMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 06:28 AM   #192
rowhousepd
grinder
 
rowhousepd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 593
Re: Ace Poker Drills

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakDaddy View Post
No, feature requests are always welcomed. Believe me, we take them all in and place importance on them. I remember you requesting this, and I did put it in myself. I think the problem was that the cards are custom made for the app. So hiring back in the graphic designer for the project I don't think they wanted to do. I do know that they did ask about it, but it didn't materialize.

It's probably more possible now, so I will inquire again and see what happens.
I'm not sure if the issue is whether you just need images for a 4 color deck or if you need to reprogram APD to incorporate the images into the software, but I'd be MORE than happy to make something for you guys -- for free obviously.


Back when we would use mods with HM1 (sadly we can't w/ HM2), I designed a few just for fun. If youbasically only need the decks designed, heck, I'd be happy to give you a several to fit the various styles of decks used in the popular poker rooms. Seriously. Maybe it's more complicated than that in your end though.


Let me know. I'm glad to help.
rowhousepd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:38 PM   #193
FreakDaddy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
FreakDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Making great poker HUDs
Posts: 9,734
Re: Ace Poker Drills

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASTERHOLMES View Post
long time no see freakdaddy

1. when i click the turn and known hole cards, the game goes to preflop.
is there plans to make it known hole cards flop and turn training ?

2. is there plans for a person to guess the hand range of the opponent narrow down the opponents hand range based on the actions for the turn ?
that could help in the equity training, as we would have to guess our hand range against that hand range.

3. the action is always head up,, and still no multiway action where it would be harder to decide our equity.

4. and how about any omaha training ? i asked about that long time ago,, but with the economy and such,, did you work on it since ?.

thanks in advance for your reply.


1) No, not at this time. It's not really real world applicable.

2) You mean guess the range versus the just the equity. Yes.

3) No, occasionally it's MW. The reason it's predominately heads up post flop though is because that's how you should be seeing most flops (of course some micro games this will not always be the case), but more importantly guesstimating equity MW is extremely complex.

4) No, we're not going to have Omaha training any time soon for APD.
FreakDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:27 PM   #194
MASTERHOLMES
journeyman
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: ontario canada
Posts: 300
Re: Ace Poker Drills

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakDaddy View Post


1) No, not at this time. It's not really real world applicable.

2) You mean guess the range versus the just the equity. Yes.

3) No, occasionally it's MW. The reason it's predominately heads up post flop though is because that's how you should be seeing most flops (of course some micro games this will not always be the case), but more importantly guesstimating equity MW is extremely complex.

4) No, we're not going to have Omaha training any time soon for APD.
ok thanks for the response

4.boo on no omaha training, true feelings.

3 the real reason is that it is harder to do for itis more complex,, ,,
how about doing it for the odds and outs section, where the equity should be more known as the hole cards are revealed.

2. yes that is what i mean,, the hand range, example jacks on queen 8 4 rainbow board,, our outs vs his hand range on the odds and outs section,

1. here is where i disagree.
it is applicable to the real world as it just showing exact cards would help as seeing the exact hand in odds and outs help , instead of just using the total outs.

the idea of guessing the hand range incorpated into the drills would help to reduce the hand range,, example in this current decision just picked at random,
the villian hand range is ace/4 off suit and suited, ten to aces, on a board of
king 2 diamonds 4 of clubs.
why is ace king, set of fours.
oh yes
we raised iwth 68 off suit utg six hand
was reraised by the person to our left in the cut off,
and the rest fold
we bet and he calls.
it would be nice to have the quiz of guessing his range to show me why the pairr of dueces, fours isnt' his range, or ace king isnt' in his range as well before trying to figure out the eqity in this hand.
the equity was 8 to 11,, with him having to fold 36 percent of time for it to be profitable.

i admit when it comes to the equity trainer,, I have trouble putting the villain on a hand range
____
new idea

and I would like to put the idea of postflop/turn trainer out there
we already have to pay for preflop trainer aside from the equity trainer,,
I am sure others would pay for postflop that has flop/turn decisions where we either fold, check, raise or call like in the preflop trainer.

and if someone buys the equity trainer,, that can be incorpated into the drills so after the equity two questions, we can deal with if we should fold, bet or call,check.

i didn't buy the preflop trainer for it was 29 dollars just for the preflop but if the postflop was incorporated I could spring for it.
or if you made a postflop trainer ,, i could buy a comb.

thanks for the responses freakdaddy.
MASTERHOLMES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:58 PM   #195
FreakDaddy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
FreakDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Making great poker HUDs
Posts: 9,734
Re: Ace Poker Drills

3) Possibly.

2) Yes, it's something we've considered and have in the que.

1) Thanks for the suggestion.

There's more we're incorporating, but we also have a much bigger project coming out soon as well.
FreakDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 05:19 AM   #196
philipchilip
grinder
 
philipchilip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: london
Posts: 412
Re: Ace Poker Drills

Hi, I wanted to bring up an issue I have had with the hand ranges for the opponent given by Equity Trainer in that the ranges I've seen for the hand examples don't make a lot of sense in terms of how the hand has been played, the stats given for that opponent or how opponents generally play in real life.

I'll give two example hands here of ranges given for turn decisions, but this is true for most of the hands I have looked at.

1. Our hand is KhQh and the board is 4h6cAdJc Link to image of hand: http://imageshack.us/f/850/pokerdrills.jpg/

The action: We raised preflop in CO and Btn Called. We cbet flop Btn called, and we barrelled turn and Btn has called again

Now I feel there are some inconsistencies with villain's range here:

Villain has AA, KK, QQ etc in his range for calling turn, but he has a 6.9% 3bet, so one would assume he would have 3bet these hands preflop.

Villain has A9s in his range but not AT s/o, or AQ either.

Villain also has 98o in his range.. why would villain call with 98o on this flop?


2. Our hand is QhQs and the board is 2h7h3s6h - Link to image of hand: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...erdrills2.jpg/

The action: We raise in the SB vs BB who calls and we are HU and villain calls two streets

Again villain has

AA, KK etc in his range when he has a 7% 3bet.

Villain has called the flop and turn with T9o, A2o but not A3o, has called with TT and 88 but not 99.

It's just not consistent at all.

One great thing about this software is that when I manually alter the opponents range the equity figures/ answers on the right hand side change accordingly – so you can actually put a range we you believe a hypothetical villain might have and answer the question.

However I find I have to do this for most of or all of the questions given as the ranges don't seem to make sense.

Also another feature which would be useful would be if you could change the ranges, answer what you think your equity is versus that range and then go back change the ranges yet again and answer the question again so that you can see how different ranges affect your equity in that situation. Because currently you are forced to go on to the next question without being able to play around and experiment with that situation.

Just wondering if you could shed any light on this issue.

Thanks
philipchilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 02:48 PM   #197
FreakDaddy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
FreakDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Making great poker HUDs
Posts: 9,734
Re: Ace Poker Drills

Quote:
Originally Posted by philipchilip View Post
Hi, I wanted to bring up an issue I have had with the hand ranges for the opponent given by Equity Trainer in that the ranges I've seen for the hand examples don't make a lot of sense in terms of how the hand has been played, the stats given for that opponent or how opponents generally play in real life.

I'll give two example hands here of ranges given for turn decisions, but this is true for most of the hands I have looked at.

1. Our hand is KhQh and the board is 4h6cAdJc Link to image of hand: http://imageshack.us/f/850/pokerdrills.jpg/

The action: We raised preflop in CO and Btn Called. We cbet flop Btn called, and we barrelled turn and Btn has called again

Now I feel there are some inconsistencies with villain's range here:

Villain has AA, KK, QQ etc in his range for calling turn, but he has a 6.9% 3bet, so one would assume he would have 3bet these hands preflop.

Villain has A9s in his range but not AT s/o, or AQ either.

Villain also has 98o in his range.. why would villain call with 98o on this flop?


2. Our hand is QhQs and the board is 2h7h3s6h - Link to image of hand: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...erdrills2.jpg/

The action: We raise in the SB vs BB who calls and we are HU and villain calls two streets

Again villain has

AA, KK etc in his range when he has a 7% 3bet.

Villain has called the flop and turn with T9o, A2o but not A3o, has called with TT and 88 but not 99.

It's just not consistent at all.

One great thing about this software is that when I manually alter the opponents range the equity figures/ answers on the right hand side change accordingly – so you can actually put a range we you believe a hypothetical villain might have and answer the question.

However I find I have to do this for most of or all of the questions given as the ranges don't seem to make sense.

Also another feature which would be useful would be if you could change the ranges, answer what you think your equity is versus that range and then go back change the ranges yet again and answer the question again so that you can see how different ranges affect your equity in that situation. Because currently you are forced to go on to the next question without being able to play around and experiment with that situation.

Just wondering if you could shed any light on this issue.

Thanks
Thanks for the questions. I think the thing that is sometimes difficult for people to grasp about ranges is that players don't always do X with Y hand. So all of those possible hands are included in a players range because they aren't always 3-betting QQ for example, etc.. Now we can weight the ranges in different ways, and that's also why you can remove and adjust players ranges for the specific games you are playing. The quiz format tries to include as many possible hand ranges so that you'll get as close to real world decision as possible, but it's never going to be perfect simply because at the table you're not going to be able to bust out an equity calculator. But you will notice that you'll start getting an estimated better equity calculation in your head by going through the hands. You may notice a hand here or there that you think is off, and like you said, you can adjust it and the quiz will adjust.

That also being said, we are always improving the ranges and situations. It's a continual evolution. Thanks again for the examples, it's appreciated.
FreakDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:55 PM   #198
philipchilip
grinder
 
philipchilip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: london
Posts: 412
Re: Ace Poker Drills

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakDaddy View Post
I think the thing that is sometimes difficult for people to grasp about ranges is that players don't always do X with Y hand.
Sure, players don't always take the same lines and can vary the way in which they play certain hands and sometimes they can do extremely spazzy things which makes no sense – I think most people who have played poker know this and will/should keep this in mind when constructing villain's likely range in their mind.

But, I don't think you should start adding random hands into villain's range which are very unlikely to be there, and which it serves no purpose to assume are going to be there.

For example in another hand from the trainer where stacks are 130bb and the board is 8s8d4d7d, villain has called our raise from the CO in the BB, check raised the flop and then check called a large bet on the turn with 22.

I mean sure, add a few combos of 22 and 33 to his flop check raising range – it doesn't hurt to add some garbage into the range you perceive them to have to be on the safe side. But why would we assume villain is going to then be check calling the turn with 22, especially when the stats displayed next to villain give us the impression that he's a tight solid player?

I don't think it really helps you as a player to analyse a situation if that situation doesn't really make any sense.

The program can definitely be used to improve your ability to estimate your equity vs a range that you can see (in the range pop up window).

However as far as using it in the way it was designed to be used, so that the user can be given realistic hands, where s/he can use logic and reasoning to determine what villain's range is based on the action and stats etc, and then make a fairly accurate estimation about what their equity is going to be in that given situation, I think it falls short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakDaddy View Post
You may notice a hand here or there that you think is off, and like you said, you can adjust it and the quiz will adjust.
Honestly, I don't it's a hand here or there, I think its pretty much every hand. The trainer continually gives ranges which are illogical, for example ranges where the villain has called a 3bet preflop and their range includes KJ off but not KJ suited?

The problem is that if you have to edit the villain's range every hand, then it defeats the point of using the program in the first place, because you can do equity calculations vs simulated ranges without using this program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakDaddy View Post
That also being said, we are always improving the ranges and situations.
Sure, well I used the program for the first time in 2011 and although you have added some new things, improved situations and ranges isn't one of those things, not as far as I can tell.

The premise of the program is great, if a player is able to continually improve their ability to calculate their opponent's range, their equity versus that range, and then the most profitable action given their equity, then that player will ultimately see massive increases in their win-rate. But I think the program is failing at the moment to deliver this improvement, because of the problems I've mentioned.
philipchilip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:38 AM   #199
Zanardi
grinder
 
Zanardi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ploiesti, Romania
Posts: 638
Re: Ace Poker Drills

What's the use of the Reminder?
Zanardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:06 PM   #200
FreakDaddy
Carpal \'Tunnel
 
FreakDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Making great poker HUDs
Posts: 9,734
Re: Ace Poker Drills

Thanks again for the feedback phillip. I do agree that improving hand construction can always happen. Trying to keep the price point low and not invest tons of development dollars into an AI is a fine line. We tried to keep it the price point lower with hoping that the goal would be to modify and spend time thinking about the situations so you really grasp equity better. I don't think illogical hands are happening as often as you say, but I understand what you're saying.

That being said, we do have on our plate to add more AI development to hand range construction. That really is an ongoing process, and there have been improvements several times since it was first released. I think the bottom line is I'd ask you if you've spent time with it if you think it's improved your equity understanding better or not. That's the bottom line goal.

Again, thanks for your feedback. It's appreciated.
FreakDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Reply
      

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2008-2017, Two Plus Two Interactive
 
Poker Players - Streaming Live Online